It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas to allow residents to carry concealed guns without permit

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'd like to leave you foriegners with my sentiment image on our governmental type...

"Democracy is the best political system of slavery ever invented. In a democracy, the slaves believe that they are "free" and have a "voice" in their affairs. Thus, they are willing slaves and, as such, the possibility of a revolt is much less than in an overt system of slavery." - Christopher S Hyatt, 'The Psychopath's Bible'
edit on 3-4-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: bullcat

In my daily life I try to. I have been armed since the young age of 13 let's say for argument sake. I am 29/now and the age I started as a bit early I think. Since then I have never owned a concealed permit. I do so anyway. I have carried everyday and never been called out. I do what I can to not only abide by the constitutional laws but educate others on them. I have been responsible for at least 5 individual citizens becoming armed on my recommendation. After which I taught them their responsibilities and even enlisted my combat vet to help as well. I just have little sympathy for those who chose to be ignorant. What is my help gonna do. Nothing! That's what. I tend to take responsibility when I can control what's going on. Any other time I can't possibly claim this. So I tend to stay out of it. I have told many people they should not own guns. All it takes is a week or so and a couple questions to figure if they are responsible or not. Anyone handling a fire arm around me is subject to common sense rules and I have and will disarm anyone not a hearing to them. Its not a god damn game its a right of passage and responsibility which has made this country great. I am saddened that foriegners know our laws better than a good majority of our own citizens. I really hope our current system is unrecoverable due to events which I think will pass but until then we are #ed by dumbasses who don't know half of what you do.

Whilst I adore violence, I DO see the BENEFIT of an armed populace.

I am not stupid nor gullible. I do like to feel safe as anybody but really the only way we can deal with violence is by being together. Being able to defend ourselves, because the police ( OUR police apparently ) are not 1) trustworthy and 2) those that are, are slow.

We have to be accountable and responsible and we can do that together.

The constitution states the rights of a well regulated militia no? I would feel comfortable with that. Especially given the crazies of this world.

We really do have to police ourselves and the best way is to be ourselves.

edit on 3-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

You have managed to twist what was said...do you feel good about it?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

a reply to: CB328

You have managed to twist what was said...do you feel good about it?

Feels kinda like the Harvard article thread doesn't it....semantics...typical. No real argument, just twisting words....its like a high school debate.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

You out number them.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

The world (especially Europe) pays for your INACTION.

We are the ones suffering from your INACTION.

That is why we care about your constitution and system, even when YOU DO NOT.

Because we are the ones that pay for it.

Now see here bullcat, this is where we are going to have an issue with the way we see things. You want to blame America for screwed up policies in Europe?? I just want to know exactly what price Europe is paying as a result of American citizens inaction. Far as I see, the only real right I lost after 9/11 was that I can just go hang out at the Airport terminal or port without official business. I still have the right to bear arms. I still have the right to deny the Holocaust if I want too without going to jail (not that I believe that, but will state it with passion just because I can). I still have the right to be out as late as I want. I can challenge most violations of the fourth amendment, or better yet not utilize the technology and services that makes it easy for that right to be violated.

Perhaps you should look elsewhere to blame for the problems of Europe. Surely it has nothing to do with the fact that Europe still has more Monarchies than Africa or Asia Pacific, or even the Middle East? Oh sure, you can feed us the typical feel good story of limited power due to being a Constitutional Monarchy. But wait, did you not just slam us because our constitution is not always followed by our leaders?? I suppose the very divine families of royalty are somehow exempt from this kind of behavior??

Let us not forget what a Monarch really is, typically the RICHEST, WEALTHIEST, most WELL OFF families in a given land. Strange, because in America, it is the same Richest, wealthy, and most well off families that just so happen to be the alleged true power brokers behind our governments. This must not be the case in Europe because....

I apologize right now if I sound a bit ticked, but well I am. Europe does not need to blame its problems on us. We do not need to stand up to our government to fix Europe's suffering, whatever that is. Perhaps Europeans should start by admitting to themselves it is the richest families of the land that are the true power brokers of their land, as is alleged daily many times about us, the Americans. I am sure it is no coincidence that the richest families in your lands happen to be the Monarchs. They have very limited influence because... , well I guess because they said so right??

But yes, keep believing that story, and you may end up buying a bridge from me one day.

In any case, to get back on topic, I think this right here should be the quote of the year:

“We’re saying that if you want to do that in this state, then you don’t have to get the permission slip from the government,” Brownback said. “It is a constitutional right, and we’re removing a barrier to that right.”

To hear that from any politician, well I just have a feeling there is a snowball fight going on right now in a dark scary place very far below where bad people go.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes

You out number them.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

The world (especially Europe) pays for your INACTION.

We are the ones suffering from your INACTION.

That is why we care about your constitution and system, even when YOU DO NOT.

Because we are the ones that pay for it.

Now see here bullcat, this is where we are going to have an issue with the way we see things. You want to blame America for screwed up policies in Europe?? I just want to know exactly what price Europe is paying as a result of American citizens inaction. Far as I see, the only real right I lost after 9/11 was that I can just go hang out at the Airport terminal or port without official business. I still have the right to bear arms. I still have the right to deny the Holocaust if I want too without going to jail (not that I believe that, but will state it with passion just because I can). I still have the right to be out as late as I want. I can challenge most violations of the fourth amendment, or better yet not utilize the technology and services that makes it easy for that right to be violated.

Perhaps you should look elsewhere to blame for the problems of Europe. Surely it has nothing to do with the fact that Europe still has more Monarchies than Africa or Asia Pacific, or even the Middle East? Oh sure, you can feed us the typical feel good story of limited power due to being a Constitutional Monarchy. But wait, did you not just slam us because our constitution is not always followed by our leaders?? I suppose the very divine families of royalty are somehow exempt from this kind of behavior??

Let us not forget what a Monarch really is, typically the RICHEST, WEALTHIEST, most WELL OFF families in a given land. Strange, because in America, it is the same Richest, wealthy, and most well off families that just so happen to be the alleged true power brokers behind our governments. This must not be the case in Europe because....

I apologize right now if I sound a bit ticked, but well I am. Europe does not need to blame its problems on us. We do not need to stand up to our government to fix Europe's suffering, whatever that is. Perhaps Europeans should start by admitting to themselves it is the richest families of the land that are the true power brokers of their land, as is alleged daily many times about us, the Americans. I am sure it is no coincidence that the richest families in your lands happen to be the Monarchs. They have very limited influence because... , well I guess because they said so right??

But yes, keep believing that story, and you may end up buying a bridge from me one day.

In any case, to get back on topic, I think this right here should be the quote of the year:

“We’re saying that if you want to do that in this state, then you don’t have to get the permission slip from the government,” Brownback said. “It is a constitutional right, and we’re removing a barrier to that right.”

To hear that from any politician, well I just have a feeling there is a snowball fight going on right now in a dark scary place very far below where bad people go.

Oh European politics is as intertwined with Us politics as it can get.

I blame them also.

It is a highly interconnected corrupt system. We as a people US and European need to retake control, and by control, I do not mean back to our countries borders, I am for a united world together, but we need to be in control of our destiny and future. Not by the hand of a few oligarchs.

Governments should work for the people of course, and be fearful of the people. The founding fathers of the US were not stupid. I think we should learn from that. They were very very wise.

But as a species, we should work as one and together. Sounds utopian , yes it is. If we do not want that, frankly, we are doomed to failure and perpetual war and war is something we DO know about in Europe, and we don't want it any more.

edit on 4-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Well I think one of the first steps is to start supporting Freemasonry some more. it was the Masons that founded this nation after all, and pretty much set our Constitution in motion. Historically they have been oppressed by Monarchs. Some other power however has infiltrated our government and has been attacking this very group, and then at the same time turning the spin machine on to make us all believe that we should hate them and they are a source of the worlds problems. That right there is a hidden message, a message that says "turn your backs on the founders, turn your backs on the founding principles" . many people dont see that because they do not understand how the beast manipulates the media to mess around with the synapses in peoples heads. But the enemy that is on the attack knows. It knows because it has spent billions of dollars over decades studying exactly how those synapses work, how they can be manipulated by drugs and "the signal" .

Have anyone of us spent billions and decades studying exactly how our brain works?? Therefore how can we know we are even being manipulated?? The mind has to break the illusion by first accepting that the reality we know is not real at all. It is happening though, and history is on the side of progress. We will win, even if it is a hundred years from now. We only see the bad and evil, and the depression, and the fear, and the hopelessness because the beast wants to break us down. And we see it so much more now because the beast knows it is losing and is trying damned hard to break us all down. But so long as we break the illusion, and our mind is free, we will suddenly see so much truth it will almost be too hard to take in.

many of us here now have already done this, and are teaching everyone we know.

LONG LIVE THE FREE HUMAN SPIRIT!!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I can.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

i am a little disappointed there bud, you usually have much more to say than just two words....

and actually, no you cannot hear him, you can only read the words he is typing

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
And all this will demonstrate is that it is not the gun that you have to worry about, but the people. Kansas is a pretty peaceful place, by and large filled with good people. Good people with guns .. good. Bad people with guns .. bad.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That's exactly what it feels like. I might have gone a bit over board earlier I was out drinking and discussions like that can get heated but damn I mean its almost like people really think no one will see through the facade of bs the spin and twisting and semantics is. All it ever will be is a blantent sign you've lost the debate and have moved into an infantile state of logic and thought. And its sad that these are people considering themselves adults.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Isn't this the way it was supposed to be? The 2nd amendment is a God given right. You shouldn't need a permit or permission to practice a God given right. The Constitution and Bill of Rights is the law of the land above both Federal and State law.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: RickyD

Ya and now they can just buy it off someone that did do the checks and carry it around no problem since you don't need a permit to carry.
This swings the door open for those bad guys to carry much easier as well.

Though, really, it shouldn't matter what you have done. Your right can't be infringed right?

Again, I just find it amusing that this all comes from it being to time restrictive and costly to obtain a license.

In case you've been hibernating for you're whole life, I got news for you, criminals will do that anyway, and have for years. Why is it always us law abiding citizens who are the focus of your beloved anti gun measures? Why do you people insist on giving the criminals the upper hand?

Make all the laws you want, THEY DON'T CARE. They will still get guns, and they will still use them, you can be sure of that. The ONLY people gun laws affect are the good guys/gals. Criminals will still be criminals, laws have zero bearing on that. The more laws are made, the more innocent people get ensnared in them by proxy.

Just because YOU have a victim's mentality doesn't mean the rest of us do.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc
Isn't this the way it was supposed to be? The 2nd amendment is a God given right. You shouldn't need a permit or permission to practice a God given right. The Constitution and Bill of Rights is the law of the land above both Federal and State law.

It's the whole "God" given right thing that's off putting to them.

Natural Right. Let's use the Liberal Name Changing scheme against them.

Global Warming (bad) = Climate Change (good)
God Given Right (bad) = Natural Right (good)

LOL

edit on 4-4-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Yeah, more embracing slavery in that outrage. Most people that think businesses should not get to choose which events they will and will not cater to, also think it's perfectly fine for businesses to discriminate against people exercising their right to bear arms and say they are not welcome.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Sometimes brevity is sufficient.
Most of his ILK think we just ignore them without thought.
SOME people are complex and examine things( SOMETIMES overly so) But I listen to EVERY word before I respond.
edit on 4-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Some dealers won't sell to JERKS can THEY scream discrimination?
THEY will.
If I won't do buisness with someone or something I don't believe it THAT is it.
UNLESS it is harming or intrusive to them THAT is all you get.
FIND another company THAT is how America works.
FOR DECADES "We reserve the right not to serve." HAS been around if they are DLIBERATELY attacking a race or faith THEN DON'T use them. YOU CAN'T walk around DEMANDING others to conform to YOU.
It won't work and AFTER this usurper is DETHRONED the backlash will be ALL on YOU.
edit on 4-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It will be so cool to watch some drunk sports fan open up on a ref. after a disputed call. Or just drunks in general in a "thin the herd fest" at a Darius Rucker concert!
Good times!!

Lol. What a naive slippery slope. Do you know how many people already conceal-carry? Do you know how many people already conceal-carry illegally??

I conceal carry, because I have the right to bear arms, even though conceal carry is illegal in my state without a permit. But, since I have the right to bear arms already, I do not need the state's permission to do something that is solely my choice.

I conceal-carry illegally because of the number of liberal businesses I frequent with Gun Free Zone policies. Ignorance is bliss.

I work for a Fortune 100 company as a software developer and have tailored my wardrobe accordingly. You would never guess that, the gentlemen in business clothes and eating lunch at Gordon Biersch, is a closet anarchist who happens to be illegally concealing a handgun.

My point is, do not make assumptions as to who or who may not (or how many) be carrying a weapon. I know many people like myself who do the same.
edit on 4-4-2015 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2015 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

Again…it's not like the criminals were taking part in any of those checks and certainly weren't notifying officers of their firearms anyway. So what difference does it make other than making it easier for us (the good people) to defend from them (the bad people)?

Conceal illegally.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Oh great! I suppose. Though what most of them gun carriers have to worry about is crazed squirrels attacking them. But freedom to carry and all that, I personally want my freedom to carry swords around like in ancient Japan. Not because it will be that effective in a real gun fight, but because it looks cool.

Besides even guns now a days are not effective when the government can condition some 18 yr olds to fly there drones around with high caliber mounted snipers on them and all. # through the magic of technology you can have a whole army of them just flying around and they will be able to shoot out your cigarette from 5 miles away, you would be dead before you even know it. Or you can cut a Gatling gun on them drones and you can mow down a whole militia of gun loving patriots in a minute. And for added effects on the control screen of the drones controls you can even add in effects to numb the realness of it all, you know instead of blood squirting out of people when you shoot them, you got numbers out and points coming out of them....With an army of videogame players and a whole bunch of drones you can pretty much wipe out whole foot army's in days.

But just messing with you. I think its cool that they can carry without license now. To tell the truth most firearms though effective are outdated like I said above in any real SHTF scenario. And if anything else. It will make for some interesting viral videos on youtube. Ever since they introduced the whole GO-Pro small cameras out there, we got a new category of epic go-pro failures like every day on the Internets. I cant wait till this law goes into effect country wide, can you imagine all the butterfingers which will be carrying then? It will lead to some hilarious outtakes and vids.

Next you-tube headline is going to be...Man in Kansas forgets gun in his pocket, sits down and shoots his foot off.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join