It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas to allow residents to carry concealed guns without permit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat
They can't be too smart, they allowed the second amendment to be "licensed" away and diluted to the point it was at when I was born. That paved the way for the rest of the shenanigans to happen. A whole lot of the "gun control" crap came about to try and keep guns out of the recently freed slaves' hands. That was all way before my time.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
They can't be too smart, they allowed the second amendment to be "licensed" away and diluted to the point it was at when I was born. That paved the way for the rest of the shenanigans to happen. A whole lot of the "gun control" crap came about to try and keep guns out of the recently freed slaves' hands. That was all way before my time.

A law can override the constitution?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
When it's been the norm for generations, does is really matter? Driver licenses, gun licenses, protest permits, all been normal for generations. All unconstitutional, doesn't matter though, when the majority just think it's normal.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

When it's been the norm for generations, does is really matter? Driver licenses, gun licenses, protest permits, all been normal for generations. All unconstitutional, doesn't matter though, when the majority just think it's normal.

It doesn't matter what the MAJORITY think, America is not a DEMOCRACY, it is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It does very much matter what the majority thinks. Because if you go against the grain, the majority just look at you like a lonewolf nutjob, and shrug it off when the police swiss cheese your ass, or burn your compound to the ground. Without majority numbers, there can be no change. Republic don't mean # when the police are set on your ass with helecopters, drones, tanks and heavy artillery.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

It does very much matter what the majority thinks. Because if you go against the grain, the majority just look at you like a lonewolf nutjob, and shrug it off when the police swiss cheese your ass, or burn your compound to the ground. Without majority numbers, there can be no change. Republic don't mean # when the police are set on your ass with helecopters, drones, tanks and heavy artillery.

A democracy is about majorities, a republic is about the rule of law.

It really is up to the people to decide how they want to be governed.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
America hasn't been like that since at least the civil war bro.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

America hasn't been like that since at least the civil war bro.

And why not?

You know every time this answer is going to be "because.. the people".

edit on 3-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Probably the same exact reason the rest of the world you want us to save are also slaves in their own countries. Truth be told, america was never free for everyone. It was a great lie to lure in the labor to build the "civilization".

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Probably the same exact reason the rest of the world you want us to save are also slaves in their own countries. Truth be told, america was never free for everyone. It was a great lie to lure in the labor to build the "civilization".

Do something about it?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Save yourself?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Save yourself?

From the Americans?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
From whatever tyranny you expect americans to save you from..... Start with your own governments perhaps?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

From whatever tyranny you expect americans to save you from..... Start with your own governments perhaps?

I would expect America to stay at home and solve their own problems.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Exactly what I am doing. staying home, and solving my own problems. Like putting food on my table, keeping the electricity on, and keeping the house heated in the harsh winter.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Exactly what I am doing. staying home, and solving my own problems. Like putting food on my table, keeping the electricity on, and keeping the house heated in the harsh winter.

That is understandable, naturally. Commendable really.

Have you ever claimed to somebody in any shape or form, your rights?

Where do those rights come from?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: bullcat

A lot of us know the government is dead wrong on a lot of the "laws" they pass. The problem is, unless you are a good lawyer by profession, know a good lawyer you can afford, or know one that will go pro bono for you, there is nothing we peons can do about it. Police are mostly morons that just follow orders, you will be lucky to make it to court alive if you decide to go the civil disobedience route and carry without the almighty government's blessing in places like NYC that are the worst constitution offenders.

Again, people fought and died for those rights, if you are not prepared to defend those rights, you may aswell give them up.

What also annoys me to the bone is when people come and dictate how we attack American rights and way of life and values, no really? The people that are really attacking your rights and way of life is YOURSELVES.

BACKBONE... you have the numbers.

You out number them.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

The world (especially Europe) pays for your INACTION.

We are the ones suffering from your INACTION.

That is why we care about your constitution and system, even when YOU DO NOT.

Because we are the ones that pay for it.

Nice...very strong argument. I like your enthusiasm.

I think this is really why people HATE America and Americans in Europe.

Your INACTION and we PAY THE PRICE for it.

Getting to the root of it.

I don't think our outward behavior is going to change very much if we reassert our constitutional republic. Yes, we may become less interventionist but, we aren't always the instigator.

I don't doubt that there are those who wish our reputation wasn't sullied but, change will be mostly internal accountability.

The path includes repealing the 16th and 17th amendments, paring back excessive bureaucracies and auditing/eliminating the fed.

This is all doable without revolution, that is american exceptionalism.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Never really thought of Kansas as a place to live because North Carolina is second to none.....But Kansas just came is second.

North Carolina has a strict law for concealed carry, you need a license. As a matter of fact, you need permission from the county sheriff's office to purchase a handgun.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Never really thought of Kansas as a place to live because North Carolina is second to none.....But Kansas just came is second.

North Carolina has a strict law for concealed carry, you need a license. As a matter of fact, you need permission from the county sheriff's office to purchase a handgun.

Has that sheriff ever read the constitution?

Can you show me the terms "open" and "concealed" and "license" in the constitution?

I am just a plan old dumb foreigner, please explain it to me in baby terms. Graphical cartoon illustrations involving Daffy Duck are acceptable.

Thanks.

edit on 3-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: RickyD

Ya and now they can just buy it off someone that did do the checks and carry it around no problem since you don't need a permit to carry.
This swings the door open for those bad guys to carry much easier as well.

Though, really, it shouldn't matter what you have done. Your right can't be infringed right?

Again, I just find it amusing that this all comes from it being to time restrictive and costly to obtain a license.

That has always been the case. A person that sells to a criminal would have done so with or without the permit. I know many (non-dealers) that buy and sell weapons here in Colorado, 99% of them would never sell to someone they though may have criminal intentions, they are usually more in touch with the intentions than any background check I have ever had or seen.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join