It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas to allow residents to carry concealed guns without permit

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat
I have no idea what you mean. Rights don't come from anywhere. Rights don't exist anywhere but in human minds. It's just an abstract idea.

link   

originally posted by: eManym

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Never really thought of Kansas as a place to live because North Carolina is second to none.....But Kansas just came is second.

North Carolina has a strict law for concealed carry, you need a license. As a matter of fact, you need permission from the county sheriff's office to purchase a handgun.

This is the fox guarding the hen house!

Having to get a license or permit from the very government that we are arming ourselves against... See how silly that sounds! The second was intended to protect the citizens against a tyrannical government, the very government you say we should get permission from! Make no mistake the time is now for arming the citizens.

link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
I have no idea what you mean. Rights don't come from anywhere. Rights don't exist anywhere but in human minds. It's just an abstract idea.

Tell that to the people that fought and died to give you the Constitution.

Not me.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
They are dead, they can't hear me.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

They are dead, they can't hear me.

And that right there is one of the problems.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
What? That I can't talk to dead people?

link   

What? That I can't talk to dead people?

Yes of course. If that is all you see then that is all you see.

link   
dupe post sry.

edit on 3-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Having to get a license or permit from the very government that we are arming ourselves against... See how silly that sounds!

So you admit that owning guns has nothing to do with guarding against crime and is for attacking your own government when people you don't like get elected?!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Having to get a license or permit from the very government that we are arming ourselves against... See how silly that sounds!

So you admit that owning guns has nothing to do with guarding against crime and is for attacking your own government when people you don't like get elected?!

Which part of the Government should be fearful of the people don't you understand?

So you are ok with the people being fearful of the government?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The federal government isn't fearful of people with firearms, the state governments are the ones that are concerned.

"Federal law does not prohibit or require the carrying of concealed weapons by private citizens, nor provide rules for concealed weapons permits or licenses by private citizens. The adoption of such rules is largely left to the states."

Also, each state has its own constitution, which is similar but not the same as the federal constitution.

edit on 3-4-2015 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

What else is it that I am supposed to see? America was never the shining beacon of freedom you want it to be. Ask my ancestors, or "indentured servants" that were worked to death before they "earned back their freedom", or slaves how free america was back in the day.

If you want to be free, you have to go away from civilization, on your own somewhere. You will have to do everything for yourself. Make and maintain your own shelter, clothes if you want to wear some, defend yourself from any living thing that decides you might be a tasty treat, gather/hunt and prepare your own food.

The minute you decide to group together with other people, you are no longer really free. That includes just taking a mate.
edit on Fri, 03 Apr 2015 23:27:02 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

What else is it that I am supposed to see? America was never the shining beacon of freedom you want it to be. Ask my ancestors, or "indentured servants" that were worked to death before they "earned back their freedom", or slaves how free america was back in the day.

If you want to be free, you have to go away from civilization, on your own somewhere. You will have to do everything for yourself. Make and maintain your own shelter, clothes if you want to wear sdefend yourself from any living thing that decides you might be a tasty treat, gather/hunt and prepare your own food.

The minute you decide to group together with other people, you are no longer really free. That includes just taking a mate.

I don't have all the answers, nor do I proclaim to have. All I know is you have a constitution, you have rights, it is YOUR governing system, it is REPRESENTING YOU.

The ball really is in your court.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat
You know what really annoys me, that people fought and died to get you these rights, yet people just seem to be ignorant to them.

I am not American but I certainly see the purpose and benefit of a republic and the constitution (based on Magna Carta) . I also cringe when people call it a Democracy, it is NOT a democracy, it is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

My god man, people are so ignorant nowadays. To have these kind of questions asked by a foreigner pointing out the bloody obvious should be shameful really.

I'm going to say it..

SHAME ON THE PEOPLE WHO TRAMPLE OVER THE CONSTITUTION AND THE REPUBLIC.

Not my direct fight but when you stand up to the tyranny, it will save us all from the wars. Please, take back control of your country and your rights, it will make the world a safer place.

Omg you sir are my new favorite foreigner. I get mad at the same stuff as you if that let's you know where we are at as a country...its a sad day when a foreigner knows more about our rights than 90% of our public does.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

originally posted by: bullcat
You know what really annoys me, that people fought and died to get you these rights, yet people just seem to be ignorant to them.

I am not American but I certainly see the purpose and benefit of a republic and the constitution (based on Magna Carta) . I also cringe when people call it a Democracy, it is NOT a democracy, it is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

My god man, people are so ignorant nowadays. To have these kind of questions asked by a foreigner pointing out the bloody obvious should be shameful really.

I'm going to say it..

SHAME ON THE PEOPLE WHO TRAMPLE OVER THE CONSTITUTION AND THE REPUBLIC.

Not my direct fight but when you stand up to the tyranny, it will save us all from the wars. Please, take back control of your country and your rights, it will make the world a safer place.

Omg you sir are my new favorite foreigner. I get mad at the same stuff as you if that let's you know where we are at as a country...its a sad day when a foreigner knows more about our rights than 90% of our public does.

Thing is, I don't know more than you, you should be more expert on this than I am, and honestly I know jack about it just common sense really.

PLEASE TAKE BACK CONTROL, I see the benefit of this, the world WILL like you for it.

Don't misunderstand me, I am for a united world but not at the expense or the way they are doing it now, I am for a united world government with no borders. But we have to do this on our own, by our own means. I do not believe in hate or borders or segregation of any form.

But we all know and realise the people have to be in control, break down these barriers. Take control of our lives.

Be responsible and accountable.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Sounds good on paper, in reality it all smoke and mirrors. A lot of good the republic does, when the majority all buy into the two party sham. The people do not want to be free, that much should be clear as day. Election after election, they embrace their slavery. Nothing I have done thus far has made a lick of difference as far as I can tell, nothing more I can do. So, here I am, lving my life, ignoring the larger "society" as much as I am able to.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Common sense for the win...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Sounds good on paper, in reality it all smoke and mirrors. A lot of good the republic does, when the majority all buy into the two party sham. The people do not want to be free, that much should be clear as day. Election after election, they embrace their slavery. Nothing I have done thus far has made a lick of difference as far as I can tell, nothing more I can do. So, here I am, lving my life, ignoring the larger "society" as much as I am able to.

You are right, it is a "people" problem. Taken advantage by the powers that be.

Only one way to fix it, people power no?

link   

In my daily life I try to. I have been armed since the young age of 13 let's say for argument sake. I am 29/now and the age I started as a bit early I think. Since then I have never owned a concealed permit. I do so anyway. I have carried everyday and never been called out. I do what I can to not only abide by the constitutional laws but educate others on them. I have been responsible for at least 5 individual citizens becoming armed on my recommendation. After which I taught them their responsibilities and even enlisted my combat vet buddies to help as well. I just have little sympathy for those who chose to be ignorant. What is my help gonna do. Nothing! That's what. I tend to take responsibility when I can control what's going on. Any other time I can't possibly claim this. So I tend to stay out of it. I have told many people they should not own guns. All it takes is a week or so and a couple questions to figure if they are responsible or not. Anyone handling a fire arm around me is subject to common sense rules and I have and will disarm anyone not a hearing to them. Its not a god damn game its a right of passage and responsibility which has made this country great. I am saddened that foriegners know our laws better than a good majority of our own citizens. I really hope our current system is unrecoverable due to events which I think will pass but until then we are #ed by dumbasses who don't know half of what you do.

link   
a reply to: TKDRL

We just saw citizen outrage and 2 bills, 1 in Indiana and one in Arkansas, dealing with discrimination based on religious beliefs. Its rare a bill gets changed because of outcry.. Its something else entirely when it was nation wide outrage with the end result being both bills are being changed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join