It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas to allow residents to carry concealed guns without permit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

The law is a paper tiger. How is anybody supposed to be predisposed of another person's character at a yard sale or gun show?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: olaru12

Crime will nose dive, the politics will continue to dennigrate guns and LEOs will have to suck it up.

And 'accidental' gun deaths (and maiming of various degrees) will rise especially among children.

Yippee.....

You anti gun folks reek of desperation.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

As a non American , i think the right to carry arms takes the war on terror and criminals back to where it belongs, that is to every sane and able citizen . But even the most hardened sceptic has to agree that their are a lot of idiots out there.

As it is the "Constitution" that gives the citizen the right to carry, I think every one must read and understand it first before they have the right to carry. If not it would just be many stray bullets flying around.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

As a non American , i think the right to carry arms takes the war on terror and criminals back to where it belongs, that is to every sane and able citizen . But even the most hardened sceptic has to agree that their are a lot of idiots out there.

As it is the "Constitution" that gives the citizen the right to carry, I think every one must read and understand it first before they have the right to carry. If not it would just be many stray bullets flying around.

I agree. I also think it is the responsibility of a responsible gun owner to know the laws and understand and train on how to properly handle a firearm.

I am one that would whole heartedly protect my family and neighbors from anything malicious. My neighbors would all do the same and that is comforting to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong but..

Doesn't the Constitution already permit you to carry?

What is all this "permit" business?

Can you not just carry a copy of the constitution with you?

Where in the constitution does it require you to obtain a permit? Can you please highlight that specific article/line for me please?

edit on 3-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

That's kinda what I said...its basically a way to control who gets the rights. As well as a scam to sell you something you already own using law as the method of extorsion. But this is all the MO of our government as well all can see in almost every aspect of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

That's kinda what I said...its basically a way to control who gets the rights. As well as a scam to sell you something you already own using law as the method of extorsion. But this is all the MO of our government as well all can see in almost every aspect of it.

So why don't the "people" respect their own "constitution"?

Please, help a foreigner understand why people in America don't understand, respect, uphold their own rights?

You are welcome to use layman's terms, baby explanations and cartoons/images to help illustrate it.
edit on 3-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

As an American, I think you are 100% right on the terrorist response tip and it just comes down to personal and civil responsibility with respect to the responsible operation of the tool. It really is no different than handling a chain saw, you have to figure out a way to teach your kids how to use it safely and effectively.

As an adult, the same applies but, it should not be subject to external verification.

You are welcome to come here anytime, you represent the immigrants that we want to have. I'll even teach you gun safety.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

Please, help a foreigner understand why people in America don't understand, respect, uphold their own rights?

You are welcome to use layman's terms, baby explanations and cartoons/images to help illustrate it.

Abdication of responsibility, fear, dependence and miseducation.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You are absolutely right...most Americans lack critical thinking and are extremely susceptible to group think. This tends to be used by our government to control the masses along with a poor education system. I wish I could pay for you to come here and spend a month asking people on the street that question just to film their answers. As Green said...you are exactly the type of intelligent person I wish was all immigrants.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: RickyD

Ya and now they can just buy it off someone that did do the checks and carry it around no problem since you don't need a permit to carry.
This swings the door open for those bad guys to carry much easier as well.

Yea I suppose its ok when only the bad guys carry guns. Does that make you feel safer somehow? Bad guys don't get permits anyway is part of the point. And bad guy or not a person is still legally responsible for how they use their guns.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Cause Al Sharpton says the 2nd amendment is a states rights issue not unlike slavery and was part of that. Oh yes a real constitutional mastermind. And it has a tv show and blows its spew forth nightly across the airwaves of america.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Correct me if I am wrong but..

Doesn't the Constitution already permit you to carry?

What is all this "permit" business?

Can you not just carry a copy of the constitution with you?

Where in the constitution does it require you to obtain a permit? Can you please highlight that specific article/line for me please?

Yes it is the "Constitution" that gives the citizen the right to bear arms. But reading and understanding why the document, gives you that right, surely must be mandatory. IE. the set of rules, and responsibilities must be understood first?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

See propagandized public school system in my earlier post. They have been targeting them really young these days. Starting the new indoctrination as soon if not sooner than they enroll. But those I guess are issues that could be a whole new string of threads.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I think the rules and responsibilities enumerated by The Bill Of Rights relates to the government, not the people. So certainly one would expect that someone in a place to fall under the auspices of Constitutional control to have read and understand the rules and responsibilities of what they are to be doing in their duties of sworn office.

But as it relates to the gist of where you are going (or, where I believe you are going), the only thing the 2nd Amendment stipulates is that any able bodies male over the age of 18 has a right to keep and bear arms. I would surmise that the Equal Rights Amendment extends this to able bodied women over 18, as well as non able bodied of either gender.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Laws don't stop stupidity, they'd do the same anyway.
But if a less intelligent person is all liquored up and has a gun with the intent to go shooting or commit a crime they would be a danger to ANYONE one around and they will usually disarm them.
I sure as hell would.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Stupid people.
You can't legislate SAFETY and the guns we have will not be removed...PERIOD.
edit on 3-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I think the rules and responsibilities enumerated by The Bill Of Rights relates to the government, not the people. So certainly one would expect that someone in a place to fall under the auspices of Constitutional control to have read and understand the rules and responsibilities of what they are to be doing in their duties of sworn office.

But as it relates to the gist of where you are going (or, where I believe you are going), the only thing the 2nd Amendment stipulates is that any able bodies male over the age of 18 has a right to keep and bear arms. I would surmise that the Equal Rights Amendment extends this to able bodied women over 18, as well as non able bodied of either gender.

Yes able bodied, would be of sound mind as well I guess, because to be able bodied you would have to have a sound mind. This would exempt a few.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

See propagandized public school system in my earlier post. They have been targeting them really young these days. Starting the new indoctrination as soon if not sooner than they enroll. But those I guess are issues that could be a whole new string of threads.

Nothing like a few guns in dads gun rack for Jr to see through the bullslick. Take Jr out to the fire range a time or two and he doesn't care what they tell him at school.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

And this is exactly why I am the way I am. I grew up in a family that even my grandparents (mother and father) hunted. We had plenty of firearms. I remember being 8 years old and finding a .38 snubnose revolver in a holster under my grandfathers seat. I was unattended at that moment and know one ever saw. I picked it up realized what it was...looked at it and put it back. This was because I knew the what's how's and why's. I knew it wasn't a toy. I had plenty of those. I also knew I had no reason to have it. But this was my up bringing not most peoples. I want nothing more than to spread the culture I grew up in to those I feel lack that insight.
edit on 3-4-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join