It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas to allow residents to carry concealed guns without permit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Watch the pendulum swing the other way when some important politician's kid gets shot or collateral damage invokes a boat load of law suits. The attorneys are doing a happy dance about now....

I wonder how LEOs feel about this?

It will be so cool to watch some drunk sports fan open up on a ref. after a disputed call. Or just drunks in general in a "thin the herd fest" at a Darius Rucker concert!
Good times!!

Just playing Devils advocate...this could go either way, time will tell.

I believe, in the hypothetical case that you suggest, that person would be considered a criminal having committed a crime.

Ha..yes...I love it when anti-gunners use a criminal act to say that carrying guns are bad....not the criminal act....

If I am going to a sports game, I know I will have some beers, I don't carry and I don't drive. Pretty simple concept for those that like to stick within the laws. Not sure how so many on the other side don't get this.

It's because they don't want to get it! People are scared of what they can't control. I love they passed this bill, I've always felt this takes the power away from the true criminals and gives it back to the law abiding citizens.

Completely agree. I don't get the mindset of creating more laws being the answer. A criminal already does not care about laws, what's another one going to do?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That goes back to my post about tools and their multiple different purposes. If I am in an area I know to be unsavory or dangerous for whatever reason I would open carry to deter criminals from targeting me. If I am in a nicer less dangerous area I conceal for the very reason you stated… I don't want to make people uncomfortable even though I think it's silly that they get that way.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Sorry,,,, Wrong thread.
edit on 3-4-2015 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: olaru12

Crime will nose dive, the politics will continue to dennigrate guns and LEOs will have to suck it up.

And 'accidental' gun deaths (and maiming of various degrees) will rise especially among children.

Yippee.....

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Crime will nose dive, the politics will continue to dennigrate guns and LEOs will have to suck it up.

And 'accidental' gun deaths (and maiming of various degrees) will rise especially among children.

Yippee.....

Did this happen in the other 4 states?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

You can't legislate stupid out of people… Natural Selection handles that.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Not the first state to do it, hope it won't be the last...

Any obstacles have nothing to do with fear for innocent lives, it has to do with lost revenue.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yippee.....

I kinda think the same thing.... But undenighably this is an excellent experiment.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

Yippee.....

I kinda think the same thing.... But undenighably this is an excellent experiment.

Both those statements are completely unfounded. Very few people will actually go out to buy a first gun to concealed carry. The vast amount of people concealed carrying would've already owned their guns before hand.

Again why on earth would statistics go up merely because you're allowed to put a coat over the gun now?
edit on 3-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms
shall not be infringed."

Excellent....the people in Kansas can actually read and comprehend
a simple sentence...

progress...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yippee.....

Because putting a jacket over it versus not makes it easier for this to occur?

And more unfounded claims will occur from here I am sure...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

Yippee.....

How is this an excellent experiment and why, exactly, do you believe that concealing a gun will make things worse?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Watch the pendulum swing the other way when some important politician's kid gets shot or collateral damage invokes a boat load of law suits. The attorneys are doing a happy dance about now....

I wonder how LEOs feel about this?

It will be so cool to watch some drunk sports fan open up on a ref. after a disputed call. Or just drunks in general in a "thin the herd fest" at a Darius Rucker concert!
Good times!!

Just playing Devils advocate...this could go either way, time will tell.

So what keeps people from being shot in Kansas right now?

Is there some kind of forcefield put in place when a law exists that keeps the unthinkable from happening? I presume that someone who would murder would also not mind breaking the law enough to carry a gun illegally. With that bit of insight...i am not sure I follow the logic....

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yippee.....

Of for Pete's sake..."its for the children"????

What is keeping a kid from dying from accidental gun death right now? What, exactly, is going to change? Are you suggesting that more guns in holsters means more kids having access to a gun?

Again...i don't follow the logic....
edit on 4/3/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

They tried that where I am but the governor shot it down. They're going to try it again next year. I hope they get it passed.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

[BRAVO!
Bravo!
BRAVO!

edit on 3-4-2015 by M5xaz because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rival
"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms
shall not be infringed."

Excellent....the people in Kansas can actually read and comprehend
a simple sentence...

progress...

From me it is more about the politicians there actually standing up for the citizens rights.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

a reply to: RickyD

I don't doubt they can get the gun easy, but they will also have to hide it more since if you get seen with a gun by a LEO, chances are he/she is going to ask to see your license to carry it.

I just see an unintended consequence of people that should not be carrying concealed weapons now being able to do so even more unmolested.
But hey it is their right too, cause their right to carry should never have been infringed anyway by laws saying they can't carry cause they did x.

This makes it easier for everyone to conceal their weapon, both good and bad.
I don't see that as a win for everyone, just for those that want to carry.

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I don't doubt they can get the gun easy, but they will also have to hide it more since if you get seen with a gun by a LEO, chances are he/she is going to ask to see your license to carry it.

I just see an unintended consequence of people that should not be carrying concealed weapons now being able to do so even more unmolested.
But hey it is their right too, cause their right to carry should never have been infringed anyway by laws saying they can't carry cause they did x.

This makes it easier for everyone to conceal their weapon, both good and bad.
I don't see that as a win for everyone, just for those that want to carry.

So, criminals who possess firearms illegally in an open carry state will not conceal because they would feel obliged to follow the law?

I quoted the whole thing because I wanted to answer and agree. I totally agree with green here. I would also like to mention that in a country with 300,000,000 fire arms officially ,and I'm sure if we counted arms off the books it would be way higher, could it possibly be hard to get one. I mean the sheer amount of was to obtain one are evidence enough. You could steal one, have a friend purchase one, buy from a street dealer, make one. So you can see it's not a difficult task and made even easier when you aren't concerned with jumping the hoops and following the laws. In some cases you don't even have to pay for it. So since they are going to have them I would like to have them too. I also don't always wanna run around advertising that fact. All this has done was make it easier for me to do that without having to add my name to a database for it to later be used against me or to keep track of me. I do still believe I should have the freedom to my privacy as long as I don't abuse it to harm others.

ETA: also saves me about 80$ for a piece of paper and the ability to purchase my right back. I mean come on what a scam. I am buying a right back that I was already granted. This is the argument that should be made against it's constitutionality. Also do you really expect cops to spend all day asking everyone around about their license they'd never get anything done. It would almost be faster to check the ones not showing a gun as the criminals wouldn't want you to see it…but wait that's kinda where we already are. You see why this is so wrong.
edit on 3-4-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Actually in Kansas private sale of firearms without paperwork is perfectly legal.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Unless you have reason to believe that person is a felon. That is hard to prove in most cases but it is still illegal to sell a gun to a criminal if you know he is one. It's like me telling you I wanna buy your gun so I can kill the dude my wife is sleeping with. You'd get arrested too. But yes in many places Florida included private sales are perfectly legal and do not have to be documented. I have always done a bill of sale but I don't have to.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join