It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man fatally shoots himself after eating 5 marijuana candies.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
Edibles are dangerous. A person can overdose on them easily, especially in anticipation of a high among inexperienced users. It's difficult to smoke yourself to death.

I think this plagues marijuana specifically because it has historically been smoked rather than ingested.

There are also plenty of people that don't think the rules apply to them, manifesting in various ways.

That article seemed accurate to me.

Your stomach would burst before you overdosed from THC.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: lovebeck

Most people who have children if they are honest do not want their children strung out on mary joe. They naturally want the best for them, with the greatest opportunities at life, and wacky tobacky is not conducive to this.

Denver is mile high in more ways than one, feel sorry for the family.

Because use so many of your posts in this thread are beyond ridiculous, I'll just focus on this one. I have a child and I honestly would much rather she safely use Cannabis over ANY other mood/mind altering substance, especially alcohol, if she was going to "use" something at all. Of course, my child is an adult and can make her own decisions however I know several people, educated and sane and responsible people, who feel the exact same way.

Cannabis, or as you refer to it "wacky tobacky", can be very conducive to learning and success in life. It can spark ideas because it can allow people think outside the box. It can be used by those who suffer from depression, ADHD, social anxiety, etc. in order to let them function at a higher level, no pun intended.

By the way, wacky tabacky? Really?

Your way of "thinking" is dated and misinformed. There is way too much scientific evidence out there that clearly contradicts your opinion on the subject.

And, before you bash me and call me a pot using, lazy, good for nothing hippy, let it be known that I don't use Cannabis. Has nothing to do with it being some evil weed but because of other professional reasons. But, I firmly support its medical use and don't feel that adults should be arrested for using it for recreational enjoyment.

But, if I was ever really sick with a chronic, debilitating disease that caused me to need pain medicines on a daily basis or caused me to have intractable nausea, lack of appetite, general malaise, etc? I'd seek out an MD that is educated in the medical use of this plant before I'd ever just start popping addicting pharmaceuticals on the regular, making an informed decision based on their recommendations.

Wow, just wow.
You would rather have your kids in a mind altered non natural state than sober the way they were born with their own un aided thoughts?
Taking a mind altering substance is un natural, don't come back with this bs how weed grows in nature because in nature the two are not combined, human and weed. Poison ivy grows in nature too.

And how they bring there kids up is any of yours or the goverments buisness why?

You keep dodgeing the point.

Why should the goverment be regulating what consenting adults put in there bodies?
Especialy when there most destructive Alcohol is legal?

Why is it YOUR buisness?

I abstain from tobacco and heavy drinking but I dont go round forceing people to give up.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Most people who have children if they are honest do not want their children strung out on mary joe. They naturally want the best for them, with the greatest opportunities at life, and wacky tobacky is not conducive to this.

Because use so many of your posts in this thread are beyond ridiculous, I'll just focus on this one. I have a child and I honestly would much rather she safely use Cannabis over ANY other mood/mind altering substance, especially alcohol, if she was going to "use" something at all. Of course, my child is an adult and can make her own decisions however I know several people, educated and sane and responsible people, who feel the exact same way.

Cannabis, or as you refer to it "wacky tobacky", can be very conducive to learning and success in life. It can spark ideas because it can allow people think outside the box. It can be used by those who suffer from depression, ADHD, social anxiety, etc. in order to let them function at a higher level, no pun intended.

Your way of "thinking" is dated and misinformed. There is way too much scientific evidence out there that clearly contradicts your opinion on the subject.

And, before you bash me and call me a pot using, lazy, good for nothing hippy, let it be known that I don't use Cannabis. Has nothing to do with it being some evil weed but because of other professional reasons. But, I firmly support its medical use and don't feel that adults should be arrested for using it for recreational enjoyment.

But, if I was ever really sick with a chronic, debilitating disease that caused me to need pain medicines on a daily basis or caused me to have intractable nausea, lack of appetite, general malaise, etc? I'd seek out an MD that is educated in the medical use of this plant before I'd ever just start popping addicting pharmaceuticals on the regular, making an informed decision based on their recommendations.

Wow, just wow.
You would rather have your kids in a mind altered non natural state than sober the way they were born with their own un aided thoughts?
Taking a mind altering substance is un natural, don't come back with this bs how weed grows in nature because in nature the two are not combined, human and weed. Poison ivy grows in nature too.

Not that you'll click the link...But here's a bit of information about the HUMAN endocannabinoid system that is inside each and every one of us: Intro to the Endocannabinoid System

Here's some info regarding why humans do not OD on Cannabis: Scientists Explain Why Marijuana Users Never Overdose

I never "said" I would rather have my ADULT child in a mind altered state...Way to twist things around to fit your uneducated agenda. There is no point in trying to discuss important topics with people who are SO hard headed and hell bent on trying to prove their point or win an argument that they'll say anything and everything to defend their position, including twisting the truth and using outdated information that has been proven wrong eons ago.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Wow, just wow.

And how they bring there kids up is any of yours or the goverments buisness why?

You keep dodgeing the point.

Why should the goverment be regulating what consenting adults put in there bodies?
Especialy when there most destructive Alcohol is legal?

Why is it YOUR buisness?

I abstain from tobacco and heavy drinking but I dont go round forceing people to give up.

Exactly. And he makes it sound like I have four children under the age of 8 at home...LOL. I have an adult child and she's on her own. SHe can do what she wants with her body, it's not mommy's job to tell her what to do any more.

And while I am at it, yes I would much rather she use Cannabis over other, harmful and dangerous drugs and DEFINITELY over alcohol IF she was going to do anything at all. At least I know that she won't OD, vomit after she's passed out and choke to death, or catch AIDS from sharing dirty needles (which, btw, is on the rise once again!).

This all out assault on Cannabis is really, really ridiculous and I am convinced some of these posts are paid for by those industries that are doing everything they possibly can to stop the American public's enlightenment on the subject and the reversal of the draconian laws associated with it. Industries like big pharma, the timber industry, big tobacco, religious zealots and those groups that are interested in restricting free thinking, free speech and, honestly, freedom in general.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

7 Species That Get High More Than We Do www.cracked.com...

edit on 27-3-2015 by AdamuBureido because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
a reply to: lovebeck

I can tell you from my own experiences.... that what Maureen Dowd says is totally believable to me. IT DOES NOT EFFECT ALL PEOPLE THE SAME!!!! I don't know how much clearer that FACT can be stated. People that are overzealous about the free use of cannabis are hurting the cause more then helping it (which might very well be the objective of some). It is always good to plant zealots into a cause which you wish to destroy. Or they may be doing it unwittingly...but the results are the same. As I have stated many times I believe the free access to ALL naturally occurring plants is an easily established "RIGHT" of every human being..PERIOD!! And if we would FOCUS on the MORE IMPORTANT INDUSTRIAL USES OF HEMP. We might cause the rest of the world to wake up to who SHE is.

One thing that really irks me about this whole cannabis "movement" is the fact that "SOME" people ( Government for sure ) are in it just to profit from the new opportunity that cannabis legalization presents...sort of the "gold rush" of the 21st century. That only serves to pollute the sacredness of cannabis/hemp. So does dressing her up and whoring her out as some of these products do. Those things are sacred which are held sacred and those things are common which are held common. If we drag her down into the filth of this current system we will cut ourselves off from true freedom which only she is able to bring us ( Ability to supply MOST of are NEEDS such as Fuel,shelter,clothing and food). She is a jewel upon the earth and must be held as such.

Harry

I agree with you, whole heartedly. She really is a jewel upon the Earth and has more to offer the world and it's people than any other plant on Earth. Too bad big business knows this too and will keep her away from doing her good work for as long as they can.

However, IMHO, Maureen Dowd is a moron and she did a very moronic thing. She then used her position at the NYT to push her agenda. She should have never done what she did, she made the mistake of just diving right in rather than taking a few baby steps first to know what her reaction would be. I know that Cannabis' effects can be delightful to some and terrorizing to others. Her mistake was not being informed on the product she was going to use, before she used it. And, doing something she had never done before alone, in a hotel room, in a strange city. She is a journalist, after all and certainly she knows how to do a little research!

It actually may be "whored out" if we the people allow it to be. However, I honestly don't see that happening because there are too many big industry boys who will stop at nothing to keep the draconian federal laws the same. States actually using their rights to pass laws that allow adults to use Cannabis medically and now recreationally has been the biggest change this issue has seen in several decades...Keeping it at the state level and keeping it out of the hands of the government and big business will, I think, keep this plant and all her uses safe.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

Great post! Going to watch it now!! Thanks for what I am sure to get a good laugh out of as I really need that right now.

Star for you!!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard
a reply to: JAY1980

it's inconceivable that he took the marijuana then shot himself, right? It has to be the marijuana that shot him. This stuff drives me batty.. I feel as if society is quite literally run by idiots.

Makes about as much sense as saying guns kill people huh? Welcome to our world.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I don't even have to read the responses to this thread to know that it's full of ignorance and people who think it's okay to drink yourself into a coma but anything thing else is evil because the government said so.

Am I right?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
I don't even have to read the responses to this thread to know that it's full of ignorance and people who think it's okay to drink yourself into a coma but anything thing else is evil because the government said so.

Am I right?

Not really as only one member on this thread is Anti MJ

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
....so....um.... there's marijuana candies ??? That's a thing?

Strictly in the intent of understanding the details of this event...where did he get those....????

Never mind, that question is probably going to get me a slap on the hand here. I just was surprised, didn't know they exist.
edit on 28-3-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19172033]crazyewok[/post

Wow. Has a cold day in hell been forecast?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It could be some freaking CBD sativa which caused him to loose all good scruples.
I know such stuff too good. This plant is like the tree of knowledge of good and evil. And this could be the evil side of it. Almost every piece of s#t has some side effects which will mess your mind back or forth.
They should pack a book of warnings, reviews and smokereports to every item just for the start.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Sounds like the cookies need to come with a warning. If you want to kill yourself, do not eat cookies.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The problem stems from the fact that the "apparently" vast majority of Marijuana users cannot fathom how such an event (such as the one described in the OP ) can result from THC intake ( which is what we are really talking about here ). I on the other hand can very easily see how it can happen. Having had my own experience with concentrated forms of cannabis. Everyone's minds are not wired the same and some people are much more susceptible to negative psychological experiences then others. These people can be perfectly within normal ranges of healthy mental balance while sober. But once high levels of THC are introduced it can cause negative psychological reactions. This is a FACT that we in the pro cannabis/hemp crowd need to ACCEPT and deal with in a responsible manner. If we don't we are no better then BIG PHARMA or any other entity driven by less than ideal motives
edit on 28-3-2015 by HarryJoy because: add

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Some people do have bad reactions to cannabis, yes. But it's nowhere near enough people to justify it being illegal.

Some people sink a bottle of vodka and then beat their wife up. Should alcohol be illegal?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Are they out if their freakin minds????? Now if they had said he went on a food binge or zoned out to Led Zeplin I'd believe them but weed won't make a person commit suicide no freakin way.
Obviously he had issues he couldn't deal with to begin with.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

It comes in candies now???

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mthgs602

Why do people always equate Overdosing to death. Overdosing simply means a dose that is counter productive and yes it is very easy to overdose on THC in that regard. Maybe not for you or a lot of others on here but there are a fair number of people that would.

Pro cannabis people ( And yes I am VERY much pro hemp/cannabis ) cannot be afraid of the truth...if cannabis/hemp is disrespected by turning her into a common commodity it will only come back to bite us.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

You are right it is NOT a reason for it to be illegal....but it IS a reason for concern and responsible behavior regarding the sale and distribution of cannabis products.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join