It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man fatally shoots himself after eating 5 marijuana candies.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: TinfoilTP

A fantasy contrived in your head. IF he smoked it wasn't in public in a hospital on duty.
It isn't what you believe it to be.

Go back and read, I was referring to the member who introduced the subject that he and his crew with a combined 21 years working in a hospital would get high on the job regularly.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Ya but you called people who smoked losers before Charlie told his story.

Did I miss your answer to my question of if you feel the same about alcohol?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

Edibles are dangerous. A person can overdose on them easily, especially in anticipation of a high among inexperienced users.

The LD-50 (Lethal Dose at which 50% of test subjects die) for Cannabis is around 1:40,000 - meaning that a person would have to consume roughly 1500 pounds (680 kilograms) of Cannabis in the space of 15 minutes in order to receive a lethal dose.

Good luck with that - in other words it is virtually impossible. Water (H2O) has a lower LD-50 than Cannabis.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Sounds like the rednecks are trying to demonize pot,if that guy ate 5 brownies,he would have nodded out,why don't these fools do a little research,and how often do people drink liquor or take prescription drugs and kill themselves,what a frickin joke

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Hmmm, now the "two bird, one stone" propaganda machine is churning out garbage. Notice it takes place in Colorado and not in Oklahoma, where the man is actually from...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
Edibles are dangerous. A person can overdose on them easily, especially in anticipation of a high among inexperienced users. It's difficult to smoke yourself to death.

I think this plagues marijuana specifically because it has historically been smoked rather than ingested.

There are also plenty of people that don't think the rules apply to them, manifesting in various ways.

That article seemed accurate to me.

Your post has no scientific basis to it. People don't "easily" OD on Cannabis, because no one has ever OD'd on Cannabis before. LIke, ever. There are ZERO cases of death due to the use of Cannabis, whether it was eaten, inhaled, or vaporized. Have people NOT followed the very obvious recommendations and ingested too many potent edibles? Sure, but it doesn't make them commit suicide, fly, turn into a monster or anything like that. Well, save for that one moronic journalist who wrote an OP-Ed about her experience (propaganda piece) for the NY Times a while back...Maureen Dowd's Op Ed Re: Cannabis Edibles

An article isn't accurate just because it fits your ideals regarding the subject at hand. An accurate article in this day and age in main stream news is as rare as a pink sparkly unicorn with a horn made out of a Cannabis plant...

Rather than focus on these BS propaganda pieces about how terrifyingly awful this plant is, why don't people (especially the MSM) focus on the heroin and prescription pill EPIDEMIC taking over in every major city in the US of A?

Funny that CNN wrote a piece about how Cannabis might actually curtail some of the OD's and deaths associated with opiates but no one ever wants to discuss real issues when it comes to serious side effects and drugs that are actually really dangerous.
CNN Article

edit on 27-3-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I swear the headlines just keep getting more ridiculous.

This article is equal parts propaganda, insanity, fear mongering and idiocy all wrapped up in a nice package.

These claims have no basis in science or common sense. The man obviously had a mental illness.

~Tenth
edit on 3/27/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: twiztedjester
Tinfoil if pot is so bad why wernt these stories in public view before it became legal? Where were the stories of pilots crashing planes doctors hacking patients scientest making huge mistakes bus drivers driving kids off a cliff and people killing themselves due to mj? Wasnt a factor untill now so why such a fuss? To scared of it to be legal that you just hafta point a finger at it? Only thing ive ever noticed mj to do is make some people aggervating or paranoid and well hungry

What stories?
You just made up a bunch of stories from what I see in your post.

The real story here is a kid who ate five laced candies legally, then committed suicide after the effects were hitting him.
lol excatly im asking you where all these stories were before pot was legal??? Why now is pot killing people but wasnt back then?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Most people who have children if they are honest do not want their children strung out on mary joe. They naturally want the best for them, with the greatest opportunities at life, and wacky tobacky is not conducive to this.

Denver is mile high in more ways than one, feel sorry for the family.

Because use so many of your posts in this thread are beyond ridiculous, I'll just focus on this one. I have a child and I honestly would much rather she safely use Cannabis over ANY other mood/mind altering substance, especially alcohol, if she was going to "use" something at all. Of course, my child is an adult and can make her own decisions however I know several people, educated and sane and responsible people, who feel the exact same way.

Cannabis, or as you refer to it "wacky tobacky", can be very conducive to learning and success in life. It can spark ideas because it can allow people think outside the box. It can be used by those who suffer from depression, ADHD, social anxiety, etc. in order to let them function at a higher level, no pun intended.

By the way, wacky tabacky? Really?

Your way of "thinking" is dated and misinformed. There is way too much scientific evidence out there that clearly contradicts your opinion on the subject.

And, before you bash me and call me a pot using, lazy, good for nothing hippy, let it be known that I don't use Cannabis. Has nothing to do with it being some evil weed but because of other professional reasons. But, I firmly support its medical use and don't feel that adults should be arrested for using it for recreational enjoyment.

But, if I was ever really sick with a chronic, debilitating disease that caused me to need pain medicines on a daily basis or caused me to have intractable nausea, lack of appetite, general malaise, etc? I'd seek out an MD that is educated in the medical use of this plant before I'd ever just start popping addicting pharmaceuticals on the regular, making an informed decision based on their recommendations.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

Sorry, not possible. Ive done it , last time I was in Colorado I ate over 500mg of edibles in one day. Other than some constipation, some stomach discomfort for some not me, its not possible to overdose.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Once again it wasent the "WEED" it was the sugar!!! a reply to: JAY1980

More likely he was a nut who happened to eat some Cannabis sweeties and then shot himself.

Normally these suicide types go for booze and then shoot themselves, guess he must have been a more progressive sort and went for the Cannabis instead of the booze...either way, if he was planning to top himself, the Cannabis was incidental...like a few cups of coffee would be to someone planning to end it all.

You don't hear it reported that a suicide killed themselves while drinking 10 cups of coffee, because the coffee would be incidental to the suicide, just as Cannabis was.

Ironically, the Cannabis probably caused him to examine his choice to end it all...if anything, it might have saved his life if he'd eaten a few more and dozed off instead of pulling the trigger.

edit on 27-3-2015 by MysterX because: Z for an S

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdamuBureido

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

You can feel free to refer to your own family with what ever insults you wish,I however ,AM NOT a loser.
YOU appear to have the air of a JOCK around you. They usually can't handle weed. when others use they parrot that same gateway crap.
IT'S CRAP.
I lived it. I also led the 18th Airbrone Corp as the second track in a zone recon and it helps CONCENTRATION greatly when I paint. AND it keeps PTSD down as well.

I see no argument not to allow someone under stress in life threatening situations to use whatever they want to help their own survival in combat. In that situation the immediate outweighs the long term effects.

How do you equate it to pleasure seekers who partake while roaming the halls of hospitals while on duty? Surely this must rub wrong with you because you were obviously not partaking for pleasure at the expense of your duty?

PTSD is medical reason, no argument there.

oooooh, so i'll bet you're good with meth and amphetamines too, as long as it gets the job done.
being a warrior, i'm sort of a natural enemy of soldiers, but the above just shows your contempt for the latter of
which i'll refrain from elaborating upon, T&C applying, and one being unable to go after the ball without taking the players head off...

are you in the private prison business or a stockholder of suchlike?

Dude, sober up and post a coherent response.
You are a ....warrior? that is a natural enemy of soldiers?
Wtf does that even mean?

Put down the video games, lay off the smack. and get back to us.

nice deflection, and you're definitely tripping if your reading comprehension fail is any indication.
i don't play games, and the only smack I'm involved with at the mo' is the smack you're talking.

so you're one of those tightas *COUGH* uptight people whose never even done a coffee enema i guess...

meh

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya but you called people who smoked losers before Charlie told his story.

Did I miss your answer to my question of if you feel the same about alcohol?

Ya and he proved my point. Pot smokers on the job at a hospital all high as a kite.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Tinfoil what do you do that makes you so high and mighty what job do you have what kind of life do you have to say somebody who probably has helped save quite a few lives even if stoned is a loser thats no loser to me high or not.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Most people who have children if they are honest do not want their children strung out on mary joe. They naturally want the best for them, with the greatest opportunities at life, and wacky tobacky is not conducive to this.

Denver is mile high in more ways than one, feel sorry for the family.

Because use so many of your posts in this thread are beyond ridiculous, I'll just focus on this one. I have a child and I honestly would much rather she safely use Cannabis over ANY other mood/mind altering substance, especially alcohol, if she was going to "use" something at all. Of course, my child is an adult and can make her own decisions however I know several people, educated and sane and responsible people, who feel the exact same way.

Cannabis, or as you refer to it "wacky tobacky", can be very conducive to learning and success in life. It can spark ideas because it can allow people think outside the box. It can be used by those who suffer from depression, ADHD, social anxiety, etc. in order to let them function at a higher level, no pun intended.

By the way, wacky tabacky? Really?

Your way of "thinking" is dated and misinformed. There is way too much scientific evidence out there that clearly contradicts your opinion on the subject.

And, before you bash me and call me a pot using, lazy, good for nothing hippy, let it be known that I don't use Cannabis. Has nothing to do with it being some evil weed but because of other professional reasons. But, I firmly support its medical use and don't feel that adults should be arrested for using it for recreational enjoyment.

But, if I was ever really sick with a chronic, debilitating disease that caused me to need pain medicines on a daily basis or caused me to have intractable nausea, lack of appetite, general malaise, etc? I'd seek out an MD that is educated in the medical use of this plant before I'd ever just start popping addicting pharmaceuticals on the regular, making an informed decision based on their recommendations.

Wow, just wow.
You would rather have your kids in a mind altered non natural state than sober the way they were born with their own un aided thoughts?
Taking a mind altering substance is un natural, don't come back with this bs how weed grows in nature because in nature the two are not combined, human and weed. Poison ivy grows in nature too.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Tinfoil what do you do that makes you so high and mighty what job do you have what kind of life do you have to say somebody who probably has helped save quite a few lives even if stoned is a loser thats no loser to me high or not.

You don't see a problem with someone in a hospital caring for people being in a mind altered state? It is irresponsible and most likely illegal and most probably a violation of their insurance policies. Everything about it is wrong. It is wrong to the ill patients, it is wrong to the profession, it is wrong to the financial responsibilities of their employment. All I heard for excuses was "you should see the bad drugs some doctors do", which is a cop out and doesn't change a thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Are you really going to keep doing this? What do you have against freedom of choice? If hospital employees are using drugs (because its not just MJ) isn't that an issue with poor vetting on the employers part?

My body, my mind, my choice.

Why do you care man?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

I swear the headlines just keep getting more ridiculous.

This article is equal parts propaganda, insanity, fear mongering and idiocy all wrapped up in a nice package.

These claims have no basis in science or common sense. The man obviously had a mental illness.

~Tenth

My thoughts exactly! I actually paused for a moment before posting the thread due to the stupidity of the headline.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You don't see a problem with someone in a hospital caring for people being in a mind altered state? It is irresponsible and most likely illegal and most probably a violation of their insurance policies. Everything about it is wrong. It is wrong to the ill patients, it is wrong to the profession, it is wrong to the financial responsibilities of their employment. All I heard for excuses was "you should see the bad drugs some doctors do", which is a cop out and doesn't change a thing.
nope id rather have a doc high as a kite than a doc whos depressed andhis wife just left him since thats natural and all you let the sad angry or just plain run of the mill doc hack at u but if my doc got cut off trying to get to work and is p.od. he can hit the blunt people are only people not machines if he needs a lil buzz to let loose and not worry toke away

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I can tell you from my own experiences.... that what Maureen Dowd says is totally believable to me. IT DOES NOT EFFECT ALL PEOPLE THE SAME!!!! I don't know how much clearer that FACT can be stated. People that are overzealous about the free use of cannabis are hurting the cause more then helping it (which might very well be the objective of some). It is always good to plant zealots into a cause which you wish to destroy. Or they may be doing it unwittingly...but the results are the same. As I have stated many times I believe the free access to ALL naturally occurring plants is an easily established "RIGHT" of every human being..PERIOD!! And if we would FOCUS on the MORE IMPORTANT INDUSTRIAL USES OF HEMP. We might cause the rest of the world to wake up to who SHE is.

One thing that really irks me about this whole cannabis "movement" is the fact that "SOME" people ( Government for sure ) are in it just to profit from the new opportunity that cannabis legalization presents...sort of the "gold rush" of the 21st century. That only serves to pollute the sacredness of cannabis/hemp. So does dressing her up and whoring her out as some of these products do. Those things are sacred which are held sacred and those things are common which are held common. If we drag her down into the filth of this current system we will cut ourselves off from true freedom which only she is able to bring us ( Ability to supply MOST of are NEEDS such as Fuel,shelter,clothing and food). She is a jewel upon the earth and must be held as such.

Harry

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join