It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man fatally shoots himself after eating 5 marijuana candies.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BGriff

So in other words cannabis is just lie everything else (drugs, alcohol, food, sex, video games). It has a potential for abuse and has a potential to negatively impact the life of individuals.

We really shouldn't be micro-managing people's individual decisions. It goes against everything I have ever known about liberty.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Why did Kim Goodman's son decide to eat candles? It is a very odd thing to do, I must say.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Marijuana can't be blamed. As tragic as it is, I would consider that the man's mental health wasn't okay.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

And the edibles were forced down his throat as was the gun into his hands right? He made his own decision's,treat us as individuals and dont lump everyone into the same crowd as this moron.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

just what i was tginking, he took too much had some serious realizations and took himself out this ugly world

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Gosh that's funny. So what about the millions upon millions of times people have eaten 5 edibles and didn't kill anyone? I guess they are just ticking time bombs, waiting to snap at any moment...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

just what i was tginking, he took too much had some serious realizations and took himself out this ugly world

Probably more like he planned to do it and, like many people who are suicidal, he needed something to lower his "give a sh1t" quotient enough to go through with the deed.

edit on 3/29/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: HarryJoy
a reply to: Answer

There are only TWO primary strains that ALL of these varieties are comprised of they are just varying blends of those two primary strains ( aside from what very few strains which may use Ruderalis ). I personally consider most of these claims of target specific strains to be mostly marketing strategy/hype.

Two primary strains and many hybrids. There are many sub-strains.

To your second point about target-specific strains, they aren't just marketing strategy.

This is turning into a crash course in pot use. Totally against T&C.

So is calling all people who use cannabis( you like to use a diffrent judgmental label.) Losers.

"Our desire is to foster an environment of civil decorum that enables our members to discuss highly provocative and intensely speculative topics without concern over personal attacks or insults."

"16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone. "

Funny how you are only concerned with proper decorum when it benifits you.

Also if humans and cannabis are so unnatural why then do we have an endocannabaniond (cannabanionds inside the body) system and the corresponding cannabinoid receptors?
edit on 29-3-2015 by BGTM90 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: aboveTopGun15

marijuana can be blamed for this......why not? Iv'e seen people I work with and party with do dumb stuff quite a bit while high as a kite.

It's a substance, like any other, that will have negative effects on certain people. there is a happy medium here between Marijuana is evil and marijuana can do no wrong.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DavidWright

It can't be blamed for the suicide, would be hard pressed to show that there was no intention of suicide before hand and it was the candies that then sparked it.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I don't know if the mother is grieving, in denial, or a world renowned doctor researching novel reactions to drugs. If someone at low risk of suicide suddenly decides to grab a loaded weapon and shoot himself, and it's 100% attributed to marijuana, we're looking at a massive population decrease on the horizon.

My guess is either he was on some kind of antidepressant and wasn't talking then regularly, resulting in dangerous mismanagement of serotonin, or his dopamine receptors are depleted from his parents putting him on amphetamines through his whole childhood, or her was simply depressed and didn't know how to cope.

Regardless, it wasn't "entirely a reaction to the drugs" as his mother would like to believe. Somewhere along the line (or everywhere), his mom missed the signs or was in denial. I can imagine that must be hard to come to terms with. For her, it's probably better she believes her own nonsense story.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

edit on 29-3-2015 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

It is possible that the quantity ingested caused him to kill himself. There are legal pharmaceutical drugs in which the quantity alone will kill oneself.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

Ok people hear we go with some logic. If cannabis was the root cause of this suicide then we would expect see mass numbers of people consuming cannabis and commuting suicide. Sense suicide is not a main cause of death in the cannabis community I think its safe to say there is some other ROOT cause to this incident. I knew some one that had ALS and died from choking on peanut butter because they could not swollow it do to their week muscles. Now should peanut butter be labled as dangerous and illeagle because in the right( or wrong ) situation, just like cannabis, it can cause death? Also Fungi I'm not singling you out you where just the last post sorry. BTW fungi rule

edit on 29-3-2015 by BGTM90 because: spelling

edit on 29-3-2015 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2015 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi
a reply to: dogstar23

It is possible that the quantity ingested caused him to kill himself.

100% incorrect.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: magnetik
We aren't talking about L#D or D%T here, eating some candies does not open your mind and make you see stuff/revelations..they make you sleepy/giddy at best. This guy had obvious mental health issues. Funny how guns good Mj candy bad.

edit on 30-3-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: HarryJoy
a reply to: Answer

There are only TWO primary strains that ALL of these varieties are comprised of they are just varying blends of those two primary strains ( aside from what very few strains which may use Ruderalis ). I personally consider most of these claims of target specific strains to be mostly marketing strategy/hype.

Two primary strains and many hybrids. There are many sub-strains.

To your second point about target-specific strains, they aren't just marketing strategy.

This is turning into a crash course in pot use. Totally against T&C.

I can't get enough of this guy. he's riveting. I so enjoyed this thread reading the absolute drivel this numpty was parroting. I hope he comes back again. The hoary old uninformed ignorance of the 'Reefer Madness' Jet age is alive and well and living inside this muppets head.

God, I just couldn't wait to see what he would say next. I suspect he's actually a professional comedian or one of those idiots on Capitol Hill that don't want Cannabis legalized because they make so much money out of it being illegal. Either way, his mentality is mind-bendingly ill informed, ignorant, scathing and judgemental all at the same time. Fascinating.

Possibly he is a senile 1960's computer taking up an entire room at some dodgy secret facility and he has developed a form of A.I. over decades and just plays on the internet all the time out of boredom. His data banks contain very old and outdated information. His opinions on Cannabis use are derived from information he got from all the scaremongering black and white anti-pot info-mercials from the 1950s he has stored on his IBM 729 magnetic tape units. Occasionally, in a manner similar to a bored monkey in a zoo, he will fling some poo down his dial up modem at 'potheads' who his programming deems as a major problem in society and the scourge of humanity. Bless.

He should be commended whatever he is. This has perfectly illustrated how ludicrous and ignorant all the uneducated anti Cannabis nonsense of a bygone age is when folk try to get it to fly in this day and age. It's utter nonsense and some people have been conditioned by bad parenting, religious crap or lack of education to blindly brand people as losers, unreliable, incompetent etc. basing it all on falsehoods and lies fed to them by government fueled propaganda that companies like DuPont used to destroy the hemp industry in the mid 20th century. Fact.

Nowadays science and study of the plant has shown the transparency of these lies. it's getting there but people like this guy keep coming out of the woodwork parroting the same old Bravo Sierra. They just will not concede they are completely wrong about Cannabis. Funny how the really judgemental and hostile ones have always never even tried it. I met somebody like this last year in the bar at a ski resort in Pennsylvania. There was two of them actually. Their attitude and ignorance was just bloody scary. They were up in arms when I said I was pro legalization they hadn't a clue about it but they preached and yelled at me about it making a total scene shouting stuff like 'why don't you give your daughter pot if it's so beneficial?!'' It was infuriating. I nearly ended up going out to the car park for a fight with them! Its crazy to me that there are still people around with that kind of stupid ignorant mentality about Cannabis. That kind of bloody nonsense and harassment of innocent Cannabis users and advocates of legalization is what needs to be stamped out. Not the 'demon weed' you ruddy buffoons.

This recent rash of fact bending rubbish where deaths are trying to be painted as being caused by bloody brownies and candles are as ridiculous as they are pathetic. However, the ignoramus element of society will buy that propaganda. Great, that's just what we need. More stupid pod people.

As for ODing on Cannabis. I have done it and it wasn't fun. I was devil tripping. I thought I was dying. I couldn't see where I was going for hallucinating so badly. I ran away from my friends in the cinema and forgot I had a motorcycle and stumbled and swayed ten miles on foot from the city to my house. It was opiumated black hashish from Morrocco. I had about 2 grams of it in coffee and ate all the particles of it left in the cup. For months afterwards I accused one of my pals of putting an acid tab in the cup because it really was like an acid trip, but worse. So there's your edibles. Potentially pretty dangerous in the wrong hands. Plus, if you eat too much you are doomed you just won't know about it for a couple of hours. That coffee I had took almost 3 hrs to start coming on. I actually forgot that I'd taken it earlier in the day and when it did start coming on I wondered what the hell was happening. I was so out of it and completely freaking out, at one stage all I could see were cartoons in front of me. I was walking into lamposts and tripping over stuff. I also didn't kill myself or murder anyone on the way. What really concerns me about edibles though is how easily they can innocently be eaten by someone not knowing what's in them or by a child. They really need to be treated like something potentially harmful i.e. locked away from kids like alcohol or fireworks or prescription drugs. Childproof containers for them would be a good idea.

A Scottish Police famously once said on TV that the only way you could die from Cannabis is if a 20 pound block of it fell on your head.

Oh and another cracker, 'Keep Marijuana illegal and just legalize Cannabis !' Some folk are so bloody dumb they would actually fall for that too. Use their own ignorance against them. Sorry numpties. Your time is up. The earth is not flat, Jesus never existed and Cannabis has been part of the human diet since the dawn of man. We are meant to consume it. We have receptors in our brains for it and it can assist the body in repairing itself and prevent terminal and serious illnesses in old age.

Still, It can be detrimental if taken too often and it does temporarily cloud the mind. There is a time and place for it but it shouldn't be every minute of the day. Some of the modern strains are very strong and you get so stoned you are pretty much useless for a while. In a good way. Just don't go operating any cranes or container ships for an hour or so.

Too many folk brand new to weed in places like Colorado are just getting too wasted and don't know how to handle it, get out of control or freak out. With novices and edibles things can turn nasty. Having said that I am still 100% sure that the candles had nothing whatsoever to do with that boys suicide. Especially if it was only 0.5grammes worth in them in total. This guy would have shot himself with or without the edibles. It's sensationalising a tragic event in order to demonize the Cannabis legalisation in CO. It's pretty pathetic what they are trying to do. Happily though I think that kind of #e is on it's way out. People are seeing right through it. Nobody's buying it so stop trying to sell us it. Dummies.

Cannabis Candles? Not guilty.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

Thoroughly enjoyed your post.
Especially the parts where you wrestle with its use.
I agree it should be in childproof containers, by prescription only.

Also I like how you are against its every day use in any situation.

Still, It can be detrimental if taken too often and it does temporarily cloud the mind. There is a time and place for it but it shouldn't be every minute of the day. Some of the modern strains are very strong and you get so stoned you are pretty much useless for a while. In a good way. Just don't go operating any cranes or container ships for an hour or so.

The gungho users who puff everyday every chance they get are the most vocal and hurt the pot legalization movement. There are certainly some examples in this thread.

These fanatical users (abusers) expect to be able to do it everywhere and anywhere and in front of anyone and be accepted. Perhaps I should rephrase in the future and not blame the pot for them being losers, they are just losers even if they didn't have the pot. I still contend people shy away from hiring losers.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The gungho users who puff everyday every chance they get are the most vocal and hurt the pot legalization movement. There are certainly some examples in this thread.

These fanatical users (abusers) expect to be able to do it everywhere and anywhere and in front of anyone and be accepted. Perhaps I should rephrase in the future and not blame the pot for them being losers, they are just losers even if they didn't have the pot. I still contend people shy away from hiring losers.

People do things in life because they enjoy doing things or they dont. The average person living would rather be able to do things in their life that they enjoy, than not be able to do things in their life they enjoy. If a person enjoys ingesting pot, as a person does alcohol or cigarettes or cookies, as a person enjoys going water skiing or playing ping pong or collecting furniture, why is the person who has a relationship with the material that is pot a worse person in your eyes than a person who has a relationship with obtaining other materials, relatively obsessively?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

How are every day users hurting the movement? Accourding to this story it's random people not knowing what they are doing, that are going to far. Also please see my post to you above about how calling people losers is against T&C and please tell me why it's ok for you to break T&C but as soon as someone does it that doesn't support your view you are quick to call them out. Calling some one a loser is just that name calling. We should all be a lot more mature than that and be able to hold a conversation with out resorting to such a childish and unproductive form of communication.
edit on 30-3-2015 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join