It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man fatally shoots himself after eating 5 marijuana candies.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I would have killed myself in high school if I was not a marijuana user. That's right folks. Weed saved my life and continues to be the ONLY substance that is able to moderate my severe depression. Thank you cannabis you keep me sane, I love you.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: TinfoilTP

You can feel free to refer to your own family with what ever insults you wish,I however ,AM NOT a loser.
YOU appear to have the air of a JOCK around you. They usually can't handle weed. when others use they parrot that same gateway crap.
IT'S CRAP.
I lived it. I also led the 18th Airbrone Corp as the second track in a zone recon and it helps CONCENTRATION greatly when I paint. AND it keeps PTSD down as well.

I see no argument not to allow someone under stress in life threatening situations to use whatever they want to help their own survival in combat. In that situation the immediate outweighs the long term effects.

How do you equate it to pleasure seekers who partake while roaming the halls of hospitals while on duty? Surely this must rub wrong with you because you were obviously not partaking for pleasure at the expense of your duty?

PTSD is medical reason, no argument there.
edit on 26-3-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: murlock

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
it is because pot heads are losers.

Quite possibly the biggest load of bravo sierra I have ever heard. Heard of Steve Jobs?? You know, the guy from Apple!
He's just one of plenty of MJ users that are/were extremely successful. It wasn't MJ that killed him either!

I'm not even going to waste my time listing any more people that have made a success of their lives regardless of MJ. But be safe in the knowledge there are more.....LOTS MORE.

If that's your opinion then you are welcome to it, however inaccurate it is. But if you are trying to pass that off as a fact then you need to research a bit more and open your eyes!

Narrow minded and blinkered people like you are the reason why Alcohol is legal and MJ is not. You fear what you don't understand so therefore it must be bad.

Peace.

M.
could have at least mentioned bob marley the god father of weed who had many great achievements and smoked like a fire placebut great point lol

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
Like someone stated in the blog, "and how many people died from big pharma this week the news isn't reporting"

Red herring.
This story is about marijuana, not every other cause of death on earth.

this story is about reefer madness propaganda against "the dreaded Marijuana"

the thralls are only permitted drugs that close the mind.

marijuana doesn't kill 2.5 million people every decade like the Eichmanns of big pharma do
2500000/520 = 4807.692307692308

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

That shows the strength of the addiction.

Sorry, but marijuana is not chemically addicting. You need to educate yourself.

Sucking on a straw or rolling two balls in your hand can be addicting, you need to educate yourself.

JUST SAY NO TO THE KOOL-AID!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: Answer

Your own avatar and title mention "sheeple." You should stop acting like one and educate yourself.

I was responding to, 21 years of combined on the job pot smoking, by another member. That is a clear indication of addiction.

Your "response" was derogatory conjecture based on your puny imagination...

& you've rightly been called out on it!

We should have a poll.
In a life threatening hospital operation then stay over with treatment,
Do you choose

A) the whole staff is stoned the whole time
or
B) Every care giver is sober

Only the potheads would choose A, because they are passionately and emotionally attached to the issue, and most likely will be stoned at the time they take the poll. A few of them may vote B from impaired judgement being more worried where the Cheetos are.

That leaves non stoners to decide.

Lol yes let's have the poll...

And add another to the list which most young doctors I met indulge in...

A night prior to operations they get lashed on drink and coca...

Give me the steady hand stoner over the amped up crack head any day.

Otherwise a circumcision could become a sex change!

Every crackhead started out with pot.

That does not substantiate your claim.

Sure it does. It shows marijuana is a stepping stone to other more potent drugs.

Self righteousness is a stepping stone to mass murder and one hell of a high...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Tinfoil if pot is so bad why wernt these stories in public view before it became legal? Where were the stories of pilots crashing planes doctors hacking patients scientest making huge mistakes bus drivers driving kids off a cliff and people killing themselves due to mj? Wasnt a factor untill now so why such a fuss? To scared of it to be legal that you just hafta point a finger at it? Only thing ive ever noticed mj to do is make some people aggervating or paranoid and well hungry

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Oops double posted
edit on 26-3-2015 by twiztedjester because: double post

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

You can feel free to refer to your own family with what ever insults you wish,I however ,AM NOT a loser.
YOU appear to have the air of a JOCK around you. They usually can't handle weed. when others use they parrot that same gateway crap.
IT'S CRAP.
I lived it. I also led the 18th Airbrone Corp as the second track in a zone recon and it helps CONCENTRATION greatly when I paint. AND it keeps PTSD down as well.

I see no argument not to allow someone under stress in life threatening situations to use whatever they want to help their own survival in combat. In that situation the immediate outweighs the long term effects.

How do you equate it to pleasure seekers who partake while roaming the halls of hospitals while on duty? Surely this must rub wrong with you because you were obviously not partaking for pleasure at the expense of your duty?

oooooh, so i'll bet you're good with meth and amphetamines too, as long as it gets the job done.
being a warrior, i'm sort of a natural enemy of soldiers, but the above just shows your contempt for the latter of
which i'll refrain from elaborating upon, T&C applying, and one being unable to go after the ball without taking the players head off...

are you in the private prison business or a stockholder of suchlike?
edit on 26-3-2015 by AdamuBureido because: spellling

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

FIVE #ing edibles? Did they say five?!

Last time I ate an edible I was actually IN Keystone riding with my buddy, about a month ago and I ate half a brownie! HALF of a #ing brownie and I completely lost mind! I woke up at 3 AM so stoned I couldn't even move! I was still high the next morning and wasn't even able to snowboard with my friend! So my question is, what the # was that kid thinking eating FIVE?!

And of course the media is going to try to tie this to marijuana. To be completely real though it might have triggered it. For people with issues, edibles (weed in general) can bring a LOT to the surface full force and make kids wig out, maybe this kid just couldn't handle it and saw death as an only option. For all you who say weed is harmless and not potent, I have done nearly every psychadelic known to man from peyote and mushrooms to dimethyltrytptamine and I find that THC blows them all out of the water in it's own way. some of the most terrifying moments of my life involved weed and walking in a grocery store.

but dude obviously had issues in the first place to even consider that an option.. Bottom line, real sad story for all involved!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdamuBureido

originally posted by: smirkley

originally posted by: Answer

Your own avatar and title mention "sheeple." You should stop acting like one and educate yourself.

I was responding to, 21 years of combined on the job pot smoking, by another member. That is a clear indication of addiction.

Your "response" was derogatory conjecture based on your puny imagination...

& you've rightly been called out on it!

We should have a poll.
In a life threatening hospital operation then stay over with treatment,
Do you choose

A) the whole staff is stoned the whole time
or
B) Every care giver is sober

Only the potheads would choose A, because they are passionately and emotionally attached to the issue, and most likely will be stoned at the time they take the poll. A few of them may vote B from impaired judgement being more worried where the Cheetos are.

That leaves non stoners to decide.

Lol yes let's have the poll...

And add another to the list which most young doctors I met indulge in...

A night prior to operations they get lashed on drink and coca...

Give me the steady hand stoner over the amped up crack head any day.

Otherwise a circumcision could become a sex change!

Every crackhead started out with pot.

That does not substantiate your claim.

Sure it does. It shows marijuana is a stepping stone to other more potent drugs.

Self righteousness is a stepping stone to mass murder and one hell of a high...

Pretty much.

Anyway those big pharma pain pills are more of a gateway than anything!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

originally posted by: FireflyStars
Edibles are dangerous. A person can overdose on them easily, especially in anticipation of a high among inexperienced users. It's difficult to smoke yourself to death.

I think this plagues marijuana specifically because it has historically been smoked rather than ingested.

There are also plenty of people that don't think the rules apply to them, manifesting in various ways.

That article seemed accurate to me.

its impossible to eat or smoke enough marijuana to overdose,
If it's super THC concentrate, idk maybe. but there are 0-zero fatal marijuana overdoses EVER in the history of man

I don't know if this has been addressed but Bruce Lee supposable OD on refer. The only one in history as far as I know of.

It's a little more complex than that plus it was not a joint but

This type of hashish he got from Katmandu, Nepal. It's one of the most near-lethal strains of *unrefined* hashish and is much more rarer than the refined types manufactured in the Middle East.

Source

Some say what attributed to his cerebral edema was in combination of things as well not just what he was using.
edit on 26-3-2015 by dreamingawake because: edema*

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: twiztedjester
Tinfoil if pot is so bad why wernt these stories in public view before it became legal? Where were the stories of pilots crashing planes doctors hacking patients scientest making huge mistakes bus drivers driving kids off a cliff and people killing themselves due to mj? Wasnt a factor untill now so why such a fuss? To scared of it to be legal that you just hafta point a finger at it? Only thing ive ever noticed mj to do is make some people aggervating or paranoid and well hungry

What stories?
You just made up a bunch of stories from what I see in your post.

The real story here is a kid who ate five laced candies legally, then committed suicide after the effects were hitting him.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdamuBureido

IT'S CRAP.

oooooh, so i'll bet you're good with meth and amphetamines too, as long as it gets the job done.
being a warrior, i'm sort of a natural enemy of soldiers, but the above just shows your contempt for the latter of
which i'll refrain from elaborating upon, T&C applying, and one being unable to go after the ball without taking the players head off...

are you in the private prison business or a stockholder of suchlike?

Dude, sober up and post a coherent response.
You are a ....warrior? that is a natural enemy of soldiers?
Wtf does that even mean?

Put down the video games, lay off the smack. and get back to us.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

There isn't a professional sport that wants a pot head on their team, and it isn't because it is illegal, it is because pot heads are losers. They pay for winners.

Olympic gold medalists have been known to smoke. I think you need to educate yourself on the effects of marijuana on the body and mind.

Lots of baseball, football basketball etc players have smoked too, but they get fined or banned from the league when caught. Because the leagues pay for excellence, they have standards, and pot heads don't live up to the standards.
If someone spends 4 years of their life training for a gold medal and are willing to throw that all away to puff a few left hander cigs if caught, that is classified as stupid.

you know what is stupid? marijuana is illegal, that is stupid. 50 years from now people will be thinking of these days like the did the 20's and the prohibition of alcohol!!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
When I was in college, I would have called this dp-sht a lightweight".

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

A fantasy contrived in your head. IF he smoked it wasn't in public in a hospital on duty.
It isn't what you believe it to be.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I really do not thing that you know what you are talking about, do you have any idea of how many great and intelligent people around the world have used cannabis?

You keep saying in this thread and many others relating to the same topic with the same reply of "I know someone that are close to me that have had negative effects" literally every thread on cannabis you have said the same thing.

Saying that ANYONE that smokes cannabis is a LOOSER, OK. So i guess Seth Rogen is a total looser so is Snoop Dog, William Shakespeare, Queen Victoria oh and do not forget George Washington, cause you know he was a total looser who supported and cultivated his own hemp and cannabis.

I have a personal friend who is a surgeon, and guess what.. can you? Smokes on a daily basis.

Even my family doctor says that the danger of the "mary jane" is nothing compared to the dangers of alcohol.

But again I guess you are right, all pot smokers are just a bunch of losers who do nothing but put a strain on society.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Blame the pot but not the firearm? Ya...that makes sense.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
After reading some of the comments about this issue, I was actually kind of surprised this turned into an anti-marijuana debate. I thought it was only biased media, ignorant people, and brainwashed Mormons who still made that argument.. But on ATS?!

I don't even smoke anymore, I retired a long time ago but I admit I still smoke some indica a few times a year. There are profound benefits of smoking, and there are also profound negative effects for people with severe psychological issues who can't handle the intensity of modern weed. To say there's no harmful effects is irresponsible. But to go full retard and saying it should be illegal, well, I just can't take anyone serious who says that to me.

And with alcohol killing 75,000 Americans a year (2.5 million worldwide) and prescription drugs killing over 100,000 A YEAR (more deaths than illegal drugs) its amazing to me that people still cherry pick these tragic isolated incidents, instead of focusing on the real killers which are alcohol, hard drugs and pharmaceutical drugs.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join