It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow demands removal of U.S. nuclear missiles

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Xcathdra

Putin on the other hand is stuck in the 1980's.

Compared to what, the Bush and Clintstones dynasty?

US Government isn't just 'stuck', they are entrenched in the past.

No -

His actions mindset and expectations, not to mention his demands to be respected, are from the 1980's.

The USSR collapsed and putin just cannot except that.
The USSR lost the cold war and putin just cant accept that.

Everything Putin does is based on a 1980's mentality and he acts like the rest of the world is still the 1980's.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I pity Russia's smaller weaker neighbors.The proverbial schoolyard bully.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

Whoever American thinks that only their gov is bad and look Russia are the good guys - is terribly wrong!

Russia has followed imperialism for centuries and there is no such thing as 'did it out of the good will to free nations'. They have taken territories, assimilated, forced minorities of other origin to accept Russia, in other words their cultures to disappear.

For me Putin is really not a stable leader for them, as he may do smth crazy - it reminds a lot like Stalin, and all these dictators during t he 20th century. Russia is living even by freedom limitations, repressions and such - in the 20th century - do you really think you don't have freedom in the US? Look the world outside it then complain?

Also he once confessed that he wants to 'bring back the Soviet Union' - what else do you need to think of him after such words? Well if it weren't enough look at his actions - no - not that he is defending his region, he has the right but - he is talking about NUKE weapons all the time! Is this sane? This should be last resort of a conflict !

Regarding Denmark - I find it funny the claim by Russia - 'if you don't join such shield we won't attack you'

Ask Russia - did they not attack all east from GDR? Did they not force their regime everywhere? And history books - complimenting the Communist, hiding the truth of repressions. Countries were against them during WW2? No, they just decided to use the moment to make a move.

Trust Russia?? Next time (all of you) please consider again when you say 'Our gov is so bad, Russia look at them so good guys and the bad west doing those things'
edit on 25-3-2015 by CollisioN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Xcathdra:

Russia has gone insane

Hardly. Your prejudice is showing. I take it Russia - in your world view - is meant to subject and to submit itself to Western expansion towards Russia's borders as America continues to roll out its hegemonic agenda for the whole world?

There is nothing insane with Russia's declarations, it's reacting to Western pressure and encroachment, it is doing what it sees as righteous. The West needs to consider it as a warning. Russia has no choice in how it responds. It can go down economically and allow the West to trample all over it, or it can go down in a nuclear fight, taking its adversaries with it. My view is that it would take the latter option, because from my seat here in the UK, the West is backing the Russian Bear into a very tight corner, and it will eventually snarl and strike out pre-emptively. You need to fully cognise what I am saying here (and to be honest, I believe you already do)...Russia has no other option, and it is this lack of options that will ignite the last technological war fought by our species with itself. It has nothing whatsoever to do with insanity, it has everything to do with perceived survival or equal decimation. Russia will see to it that it will not fall alone, it will take America and most of the West with it!

The threat of nuclear war is the last argument in the global political arena. I personally couldn't care less if nuclear war occurs. I was three years old when the Cuban Missile crisis occurred, and because the right minds acted sanely then, I had always believed I wouldn't see it in my lifetime. However, the way things are escalating without compromise from either side, it's looking more likely that I will. I feel for all the younger people who hold hopes and dreams and ambitious plans for their futures, if this situation is not de-escalated, they won't have any futures. We have entirely all the wrong people as leaders, holding entirely all the wrong mindsets, and pushing for entirely all the wrong agendas.

While man held onto nuclear weapons, the threat of their use was always a shadowy presence warning us that countries possessing nuclear weapons should never enter into a conflict with each other. Yet today, there are minds in Western governments who think nuclear war is winnable, even as destructive as it would be. Their minds perceive statistics in the millions and see them and utterly decimated infrastructures of societies as acceptable collateral losses for their agenda. That is what is insane. They are not just gambling with the present, they are gambling with the future. If Putin perceives Russia as having no future, he won't allow his adversaries the picking over his country's corpse...he will ensure he takes his adversaries with him. If Putin is threatening anything, it is that!

If you believe that America has a right to retaliate if threatened or attacked, you have to accept that Russia has the same equal right. If you don't agree, your all argument is null and void.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CollisioN

I agree with most of what you said. I do think Putin is trying
to reform the former Soviet Union; just look at the KGB,
people seem to think the KGB just disappeared, no, they just
changed their name, so I agree with a lot of what you said,
but I do think the west (and I'm not saying the west is bad)
has definitely been very aggressive towards Russia, and what does
the west expect, for Putin to just say, okay destroy our currency,
cut off our pipelines, and bring nuclear missiles to our doorstep.

I'm not saying Putin is a good guy, please, don't get me wrong on that.

But I'm also not saying the west are good guys either.

I do think Putin is reacting verbally more aggressive than the west because
the west and western media, well, especially in the U.S. don't tell us crap,
that's why a lot of us seek the real news on the internet; the west is just
doing things that's threatening The Russian People, but it's not being
reported on, so it looks one sided, it's Putin saying this and Putin saying
that, but I do not think Putin wants war.

Yes, during the cold war, Russia invaded a lot of countries or had their
hands in it, but since the end of the cold war, it's mostly the west that
seems they have engaged in one kind of invasion or bombing of one
country right after the other.

Wasn't this McCarthy's fear of communism? That that form of
government can not remain stable unless their continually going
to war but this is the same thing that the west is doing.

Just my thoughts on it. Like you said, I believe you that as part
of the EU you probably get more quality information than we do
here from The U.S. media.

I think the west and the east should just calm down, take a deep
breath and ask themselves, is all this worth it?

Cheers mate,

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You don't get why Russia would want US nukes removed out of Europe? It's for the same reasons the US doesn't want Russian nukes in Cuba or South America.

Yup.

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

No it means putin has gone insane and is living in never ever land.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

originally posted by: Swills

You don't get why Russia would want US nukes removed out of Europe? It's for the same reasons the US doesn't want Russian nukes in Cuba or South America.

Yup.

Rebel 5

Well the decision on what to do resides with the US and the countries who gave permission for our nukes to be present. With putin acting insane and threatening use of their nukes I don't see it happening anytime soon. Even more so since Russia has now threatened a non nuclear nation with a nuclear attack.
edit on 25-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Everything Putin does is based on a 1980's mentality and he acts like the rest of the world is still the 1980's.

Everything Russia does is a reaction to the West now meddling in Eastern European affairs. And the west is still fighting the cold war, not Russia. They pulled back from Western Europe, everyone knows that.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Xcathdra:

No it means putin has gone insane and is living in never ever land.

Obviously, you are having a hard time reconciling Russia's right to defend herself against economic and military threats. For you, Russia should just bow down and accept her fate at the hands of the West. You see nothing wrong in that. Russia is the victim not the aggressor. Western encroachment towards her borders, and Western meddling in the Ukraine gave Putin no option but to pre-emptively cede Crimea (where important Russian naval ports are) and secure its coastal regions.

If West hadn't destabilised the Ukraine through subversion, Putin would not have had to annexe the Crimea. These facts you just won't accept, and in doing so, every thread and post you make on this subject is null and void. There is no balance of reason or logic in your argument, just purile hatred for all things Putin.

However, Putin is not insane, far from it. I'm surprised at how he has shown remarkable patience towards the West. By right, you and I and most of the West should be burning corpses amongst the rubble that was once our homes by now, but I guess the West has to push Putin that little bit extra to get what they want. I pity you for your one-sided irrational logic.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
remove any non strategic? so just pick up the loosies rolling around.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Nikola014

You misunderstand me. I want nothing if not peace. You think I LIKE the idea that Tokyo could be wiped off the map tomorrow? You think I LIKE following every piece of news regarding nuclear arsenals with clenched buttcheeks? I know you said you don't mean me specifically, but I also believe most of the United States really, really don't want war with Russia. Even if it somehow DOES come to conventional war, countless hundreds of thousands will die. Perhaps even millions. Nobody wants that. I think the problem comes when propaganda starts playing, telling you that it's the OTHER guy who wants to war, thus you should be prepared for war because the bad guys want it. No average citizen in Russia wants to go to war with the U.S., and I doubt the average American wants to go to war with Russia.

This a game being played by leaders.

Problem is, you think that bowing to American Corporate Pressure and Subservience by all to the so called WEST (not the people of course) is the ONLY way to go.

Heaven forbid Russia lead the Europeans to strength outside of the scope of the negative forces of the WEST.

And GOD forbid peace can be had in ways that do not make the same scum all the money and power in the world.

You really do not see that many of us no longer care for the stories of old, and the extreme religious overtones in these debates.

I am not in your games, I want peace and do not care how it gets there.

Time for a new paradigm, the one we have now is making us real SICK.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

No I am saying Russia has made up issues in order to distract the Russian people from the failures of Putins policies, never mind the fact the rigged election in 2012.

Everything putin has complained about is a direct result of his stupidity - plain and simple.

Invading Ukraine has not helped and their illegal annexation of Crimea only made it worse.

edit on 25-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Everything Russia does is a reaction to the West now meddling in Eastern European affairs. And the west is still fighting the cold war, not Russia. They pulled back from Western Europe, everyone knows that.

Your a smart guy, I don't understand why you can't consider the possibility that Ukrainians themselves actually want the benefits of closer relations with the EU. It isn't 'meddling' if Ukraine asks the EU for stronger trade agreements. If Ukraine wanted NGO's to teach them democratic ways and governing then that is given to them...again, it isn't meddling.

Ukraine has been poor for so many years it is no wonder they want a different 'alignment' in economic matters. Have you ever been to Ukraine? Everyone I talked to there about it was pretty clear. They want a better life. Sorry, they NEED a better life. Most have family in Russia and considered the country like a brother.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Everything Russia does is a reaction to the West now meddling in Eastern European affairs.

You mean the eastern European countries that the USSR occupied for half a decade that ran to the west when the USSR collapsed. We are interfering.. Russia on the other hand threatening to use nukes on non nuclear armed countries continues to demonstrate how they are meddling in other countries affairs in Europe.

Invading Ukraine and occupying Ukrainian territory, occupying Moldovan territory... Occupying Georgian territory.

Yeah....

Russia is the problem.

And the west is still fighting the cold war, not Russia. They pulled back from Western Europe, everyone knows that.

No they didn't and willfully ignoring their actions in Europe is a problem. The wests reaction is based on Russia aggression and putins stupidity.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: Swills

And I'm sure Germany doesn't want nukes so close to them. The fact is, NATO has ensured that for 60 years, Russia has been unable to roll over the rest of Europe after they went back on promises made in WW2 when they gobbled up Eastern Europe.

Don't forget, Russia is the one acting belligerently here. It's not NATO flying bombers with their transponders off, or sending Subs into our waters (and almost sinking civilian shipping), or stirring up rebellions in their neighbours so they can slice of land (not just Ukraine)

Sometimes I wonder what form of pharmaceuticals some of you take.

You could not make this stuff up without being a slave to some sort of thing, I love how you believe you know everything that NATO does and that they would announce their actions on every news network around.

I am no longer sympathetic towards this incredible lack of sense, common or otherwise.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Feel free to pick my post apart and show were I am "making this stuff up" - pharmaceuticals or not.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Because they have, and continue to, argue that everything is the wests fault. They for some reason have issues understanding how a sovereign nation can act considering all they know, understand and accept is the putin doctrine of personal insanity.

For some reason they cannot comprehend the fact some nations who experienced 50+ years of Soviet occupation have no desire to run back into the arms of Stalin #2 aka Putin. If a person or nation doesn't want anything to do with Russia its always the fault of anyone other than Putin / Russia.

These are the same people who try to argue that NATO is somehow an offensive alliance and somehow occupy Europe even when the facts show the complete opposite.

Out of touch is the key and apparently its not limited to just Putin.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

This is what the Ukrainians wanted of course...

The Ukrainian economy is in ruins today not only from the war in the Donbass, but also from the loss of Russian markets, says a German deputy. The Ukrainian economy is on the edge of collapse not just on account of the war in Donbass, but also -- and in the first place — because of efforts by the West to destroy the cooperation of the country with Russia, declared the German deputy and vice-president of the Left Party Sahra Wagenknecht, in an interview with news agency Sputnik.

Source

And despite it has been told to you before, you show you`re not able to understand even the simplest economic principles.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

What part of his statement is untrue and what are you using to support your position of it being untrue?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join