It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow demands removal of U.S. nuclear missiles

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

France actually took the lead in the bombing and the only "ammo shortage" I was aware of was British Stormshadows, which was more of a logistical problem. Either way, the Yanks don't make them.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Russia has gone insane.

putin needs to go away.

I would suggest that you may feel a little foolish if you read this:

Paul Wolfowitz, the neoconservative who was Deputy Secretary of Defense under the Bush regime, declared:

“Our first objective is to prevent the re-emergence of a new rival, either on the territory of the former Soviet Union or elsewhere, that poses a threat on the order of that posed formerly by the Soviet Union. This is a dominant consideration underlying the new regional defense strategy and requires that we endeavor to prevent any hostile power from dominating a region whose resources would, under consolidated control, be sufficient to generate global power.”

Is Wolfowitz, when referring to “hostile power” referring to any power independent of Washington’s control?

Ref: Paul Craig Roberts

Wolfowitz is quite clearly setting out the US intention and objective in the Ukraine. We can clearly see from Wolfawitzs statement that the US is clearly the aggressor and you would do well to remember this statement when the consider the Ukrainian situation. particularly if WWIII happens

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Secondly Russia doesn't get to dictate military alliance terms for other nations. Russia has nukes and has threatened to use them. Europe has every right to prepare for that possibility.

Rattling the cold war saber for posterity sake?

You're stuck in the past, fighting the Soviets after WWII. As it turns out they were the only state preventing NATO doing that it has done since the Warsaw pact dissolved.

NATO is the one encroaching on Russia, not the other way round.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

Ah yet another ATS thread you have spammed with your Wolfowitz quote. Here's your medal for spamming ATS while they do nothing to stop you!

edit on 25-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Ah yet another ATS thread you have spammed with your Wolfowitz quote. Here's your medal for spamming ATS while they do nothing to stop you!

What he doesn't know is his quote is wrong he never said that in fact he never even saw the draft. It was written by an aid in his department. It was written in 1991 during the collapse of the Soviet Union by a man named Zalmay Khalizad. So even worse has spamming threads with irrelevant imformation.
edit on 3/25/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

I Assume Japan Thought America Was Bluffing

The U.S. didn't want to use The Nuclear Bomb against Japan.

It was only at the behest of Churchill ( Britain was a co-producer of the bomb ) that The U.S. succumbed.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I don't think any Leader outside of North Korea has subtly or overtly threatened another nation with nuclear weapons as much as Russia has in recent memory.

Maybe Putz is taking a page from best friend Kimmy's handbook?

All of which leads me to believe Russia knows it cant win a conventional war. The west wont start the war, which means Russia will be fighting NATO if it does start a war.

invoking the use of nukes is putins way of trying to bully / bluff his way to what he wants.

I think your assessment could have some basis in reality. A conventional war without support from at the VERY least China (which is unlikely) is unwinnable from the Russian side. Putin knows this, and he's not stupid enough to begin a conventional war with NATO.

Falling back on his nuclear arsenal allows him a significant amount of breathing room when it comes to "reorganizing" his borders. I only wonder what happens when NATO decides that enough is enough.

I wouldn't count it as unlikely. They may dislike each other, but the one thing they do have in common is a desire to change the status-quo.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

United States remove all non-strategic nuclear weapons from Europe.

It's cool, we can still have as many strategic nuclear weapons in Europe as we want I guess!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
What he doesn't know is his quote is wrong he never said that in fact he never even saw the draft. It was written by an aid in his department. It was written in 1991 during the collapse of the Soviet Union by a man named Zalmay Khalizad. So even worse has spamming threads with irrelevant imformation.

Thanks! Nice to know we're being spammed with ignorance! I thought Wolfowitz actually said that.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
They wouldn't start bombarding each other. The risk is too much great. Whomever, their nuclear arsenna do not have the capacity to destroy 10% of the booth country's territory (nukes are strong, not that strong.) I refuse to believe world-wide nations are stupid enough to use nukes.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Putin is a sane little kitty compared to the US.

Why would Russia be insane to use the aggressors tactics agains the aggressors?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Secondly Russia doesn't get to dictate military alliance terms for other nations. Russia has nukes and has threatened to use them. Europe has every right to prepare for that possibility.

Rattling the cold war saber for posterity sake?

You're stuck in the past, fighting the Soviets after WWII. As it turns out they were the only state preventing NATO doing that it has done since the Warsaw pact dissolved.

NATO is the one encroaching on Russia, not the other way round.

There are many a time you advise someone to not go in certain direction but they still persist on it with ego and arrogance.

Same is the advise to US/NATO to not mess with Russia. Doing so will result in outcomes that the "encroachers" would not like and repent their actions.

Rest is the matter of "ego and arrogance".

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Why would I feel foolish about another persons opinion / observation on what occurred in the time when the USSR was collapsing ?

If we look at why the USSR collapsed, and compare it with Russia today, you can see the very same result.

edit on 25-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No I am firmly in the 21st century.

Putin on the other hand is stuck in the 1980's.

As Russia has stated before, what occurs within the borders of a nation is not anyone elses concern, especially when it comes to military exercises and equipment.

Unless you are suggesting that Russia is entitled to a double standard?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx

Putin is a sane little kitty compared to the US.

Why would Russia be insane to use the aggressors tactics agains the aggressors?

You mean nuclear weapons right? that is what we are talking about. Russia threatening nations with nukes while demanding the US remove ours from Europe. Ironic that Russia thinks it can dictate to all of Europe.

Its yet another example of how out of touch Putin is and how dangerous he is becoming.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

and yet Russia, nor the USSR, ever attacked NATO countries..

Jeepers.. I wonder why.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

Thanks for posting this link

cluborlov.blogspot.ca...

I read the full transcript and I must say, Putin sounds like a conspiracy theorist!

edit on 25/3/2015 by teapot because: f

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Anyone see the similarity of what's going on in today's world with the Netflix series House of Cards???? It almost seems as if the writers have an inside presence into the whitehouse and pentagon.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Putin on the other hand is stuck in the 1980's.

Compared to what, the Bush and Clintstones dynasty?

US Government isn't just 'stuck', they are entrenched in the past.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NONPOINT21

Anyone see the similarity of what's going on in today's world with the Netflix series House of Cards???? It almost seems as if the writers have an inside presence into the whitehouse and pentagon.

Considering House of Cards was adapted from the British House of Cards I don't grant your premise.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join