It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow demands removal of U.S. nuclear missiles

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Has anybody noticed this part: "all non-strategic nuclear weapons" ? The request is not to remove all nuclear weapons, only the tactical ones. There is a big difference between these two.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windlass34

Has anybody noticed this part: "all non-strategic nuclear weapons" ? The request is not to remove all nuclear weapons, only the tactical ones. There is a big difference between these two.

personally..i think tactical nukes are the only thing keeping the pot from boiling over.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I don't think any Leader outside of North Korea has subtly or overtly threatened another nation with nuclear weapons as much as Russia has in recent memory.

Maybe Putz is taking a page from best friend Kimmy's handbook?

Wonder if Russia Uses a Fax Machine for Their threats ?

Yeah Kimmy's Hand Book would be George Orwell's 1984 Passed Down from Father to Son to grandson

That lovely Trinity

Ironically The Soviet Union what is Today's Russia Is Actually what George Orwell AKA Eric Arthur Blair
Was Referring To.... In His Book 1984 . a Enclosed Misinformed Society This is what Eric Blair forseen the Future of Communism..

Hmm Threaten Another nation You Say ..

The Russian's Them Selves DID in 1962 Not a Threat just a Sneak Attack .. By placing Deploying Nuclear missiles in Cuba Aimed At US in America's back Yard ( 90 Miles Away ) ( Cuban Missile Crisis ) Tho We had Nuke Missiles Aimed at them ( USSR ) in Turkey round the same time frame ..

DID WE Warn Japan about the Bomb ? Beforehand ?

Leaflets warning Japanese of Atomic Bomb, 1945
www.pbs.org...

I Assume Japan Thought America Was Bluffing ...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

So in other words you have no proof and your just making stuff up as you go. The reason I know Russia is in Ukraine is the fact they annexed part of the country. You have no proof that blackwater is in Ukraine so you go on a rant about the CIA. Defending Russia must be a full time job.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What's the US response to Ukraine, Russian and Iran in all this bluster of nuclear threats?

Y12 Planning To Acquire Thousands of Tons of Uranium

CNS spokeswoman Ellen Boatner confirmed the depleted uranium would be used in production of nuclear weapons. “That’s what we do,” Boatner said in response to questions.

They've been slowly winding this whole effort down over the last 30 years. Now the dust is blown off the equipment, and it's back in full production mode.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Doom and gloom...

Let's all herd into our comfortable patriotic groups, and help those who WANT a WAR...

Yep, the same folks who always send their best to fight and die for their interests...

I have bowed out on that particular proven propaganda method..

I hope you do the same...

If you want to scrutinize, turn to your own leaders / elected (if you still have the option) and make damn sure that they aren't stoking a fire our families will have to fuel with blood.... again.....

"wouldn't it be nice" to quote a Beach Boys track, IF the elected were the first boots on the ground for any conflict they decide is worthy?

They might think more than twice if they had some blood in the game....

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

" remove all "non-STRATEGIC" missles....but not "all" of them...the others are enough....

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

US strategic missles are in Subs at sea or in silos/airfield bunkers in the US. Since the avent of boomers the US has no need to place Strategic nukes in any other country because the they sit off the coast instead and nobody will know they are there.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I also think it is important to note that the Russians are in no way shape or form serious about this. Pulling out US tactical nukes that are their under NATO agreement would simply mean Poland, Turkey, Italy and Spain would go nulclear over night followed by others who would need them without the US umbrella. That of course would be a total disaster for the Russians.

This is simply Russian yapping. They want attention. They want talks to end santions and they will keep making noise until the West gets tired of hearing and pays them some attention.

Granted the is all very embarrisng for Russia. Its alliies and friends around the World have rushed to embrace the US, China has shown it support goes not furthery than making a mildly worded statement, and the former Soviet Republic whom it considers in its sphere of influence are doing anything they can to escape to the West.

For what was once a world power reduced to a regional pariah, this is a hard pill to swallow. Russia will continue to bluster and make threats because that is all it has.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Russia is kinda sad......Think about they are talking about placing missiles in the Ukraine.....LOL. This is right on the Russian border and might as well be in Russia. While the US has placed missiles 1000 of miles away.
edit on 24-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I give it 10 - 15 years. We'll be facing a similar situation as occurred a century ago.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

US strategic missles are in Subs at sea or in silos/airfield bunkers in the US. Since the avent of boomers the US has no need to place Strategic nukes in any other country because the they sit off the coast instead and nobody will know they are there.

Agreed

As the Soviet's were in the Baby Step Stage for Ballistic Missiles back in the early 1960s.. well to be exact 1961 ( K-19 Widow-maker ) Soviets First Sub with Capability's .. and this Sub made the BIG Game Change on the Soviet Side .. as the Soviet were Competing or Playing Catch UP with the USA.. in the Nuke Missile Sub.. Race

Soviet submarine K-19
en.wikipedia.org...

but during the Kennedy Years it was just that.. placing Nukes in Other Country's

Turkey’s Nuclear Missiles: An Important Player in the Cuban Missile Crisis
Posted on November 4, 2012
turkeywonk.wordpress.com...

Till the perfection of Boomers Nuke Missile Subs On both Sides of the Cold War Came Along ...

Another Scary thought was The Soviets Though American's were going to USE Space Shuttles ( Nuke Bombs in the Payload ) Over the USSR See below Link ..

Militarisation of space
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Moscow demands removal of U.S. nuclear missiles

Response:

Erm ... erm ... erm .... erm. They need to get their act together!

Iran demands removal of U.S. nuclear missiles

Response:

Who the hell are they ......They are enemy ..... Bomb them etc.....

Enemy ?!?!?

edit on 25-3-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Aside from who could hurt who more?, I have to wonder anymore how the other nations perceive the U.S. being eliminated as a beneficial concept.

We're already well known as bullies in numerous nations and although we provide aid, I can't think of many outside Canada and parts of the U.K. that would ally with us directly anymore.

I think it's getting to the point where the rest of the world is starting to think they would be just fine if that pesky U.S. was gone.

And while we currently have a strong military, directly hitting us would easily cripple our country beyond reformation.
Consider the massive wave of damage caused by the 911 attacks that affect us to this day.

Russia has proven their ability to rise from the ashes in only 25 years. The Middle East would surely like us gone. And China, sweet China. While they would love to finish us off economically in a few years by themselves, they might be just fine with an alternative like this.

Technology has equaled out worldwide for the most part since we became a super power. We've already sent out a great deal of our manufacturing overseas. And we're so swamped in problems of all varieties and completely disabled from becoming the union we once were, it seems to me we're not that difficult of a target anymore.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

The US has been pounding their chests since 911.

Remember the Terror Alerts! LOOK OUT LOOK OUT,THE TERRORISTS ARE GOING TO GET YOU!
They were seeing terrorists in wood piles. around corners,your aunt,the neighbors uncle.The terrorists were in our government.

The whole thing is stupid.I was asking at the time. "what ever happened to "you have nothing to fear but fear itself"?

It seems we are a nation of cowards.We hear a scratch in the night and think someone is out to get us.That right there is one of the biggest reasons of gun deaths. Everyone is so afraid to stand up to each other without a gun,that they run around shooting first and asking questions later. Dumb wild west attitude.

We wouldn't have really any enemys in this world if it weren't for our government folks.They run around picking fights at the drop of a hat. There is money in war and they are out to make as much as they can. We are the number 1 seller of weapons to the rest of the world. We even give weapons away,just ask Ukraine. It is against the weapon convention to use cluster bombs,but guess what....US, Russia, and China didn't sign.The pentagon said these bombs are 'safer' around civilians. So there you go,take out as many as you can.

This country is totally brain washed.Everywhere you look people are walking around with their heads stuck in their iphone,ipad,or whatever,instead of looking around themselves. A robbery happened in New York,and no one even say it.Bunch of people standing there while it happened,they never knew a thing. They were all on their cell phones,too busy to look up. I have watched the videos of them asking Americans questions about our history.They can't answer to save their souls.But they can tell you everything about Honey Boo Boo,(makes me sick)and about the Kardashians. And this is what we expect to go to the polls and vote on important issues? Maybe this should go in the rant forum. I don't expect these people to wake up and take a hard look at this government to help make it better. I would rather waste my time getting a mountain to move to me. America is lost,and there is no cure.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I do believe we just echoed each other.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I also think it is important to note that the Russians are in no way shape or form serious about this. Pulling out US tactical nukes that are their under NATO agreement would simply mean Poland, Turkey, Italy and Spain would go nulclear over night followed by others who would need them without the US umbrella. That of course would be a total disaster for the Russians.

This is simply Russian yapping. They want attention. They want talks to end santions and they will keep making noise until the West gets tired of hearing and pays them some attention.

Granted the is all very embarrisng for Russia. Its alliies and friends around the World have rushed to embrace the US, China has shown it support goes not furthery than making a mildly worded statement, and the former Soviet Republic whom it considers in its sphere of influence are doing anything they can to escape to the West.

For what was once a world power reduced to a regional pariah, this is a hard pill to swallow. Russia will continue to bluster and make threats because that is all it has.

I think your right it pissed Putin off thar Obama had made no attempt to talk to him. Putin thinks he's much to important hot be ignored. He really is clueless on how Obama works. Obama is not concerned with Russia and wouldn't be unless they attack US forces. He sees this as a European problem. And when he said during his campaign he didn't think the US should be the leader of the world he meant it. Had any other president been on office Putin would be getting phone calls. And i bet hrs really confused as to why the Obama administration has no concern.

So this leaves Putin to make noise until he can get some acknowledgement of his importance.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

All that happened here: ONE guy, not named Putin, said something.

"Russia" is a land mass defined by map lines, last I checked.. "dirt" lacked the inherent ability to be either 'sane', or 'insane'. Suggesting people inside these lines, known as Russians, suddenly went insane due to one mans words, heh.. unrealistic to the silly extreme,.. or unadulterated retardation.

"putin needs to go away."

Go away from?.. where?.. you?..from where he is now? if this guy is unwelcome near you, or in your house, call the cops. Even if this guy goes away, moves somewhere else.. what would that accomplish?... With this crazy new invention called the telephone, he can call places he isn't at. Crazier technology "you-tube", he can post videos available to the internet world.

Even if he goes away by passing away, its delusional, or insane, to actually think one mans death would have any negligible result.. certainly, the dirt known as "Russia" would be continue it's daily routine of being dirt.

Mind numbing nonsense.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: GovtFlu

Wow - someone read to far into the post while at the same time being touchy.

I stand by my comments regardless of how trivial you get.

Putin is Russia on the world stage.
Comments like these aren't done without approval.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Nikola014

To be Frank, I think NATO controls NATO. Like all countries, the US has a say in what happens, but NATO ultimately governs itself. Unless you have some hard evidence of the U.S. Control of NATO, in which case I'll retract my assertion.

In Libya, without the US help, the European NATO would not have been able to conduct the bombing runs and not to forget that they soon ran out of ammo of many sorts used by the air forces. This alone tells how big a role the US has in NATO.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join