It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time reading the Quran, My impression

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
You could not be further from the truth.

I am 100% accurate on this.

You are cherry picking negative verses from the Quran, and contrasting them with peaceful things said by Jesus.

Jesus said 'love God and love your neighbor'. Jesus said 'forgive'. Jesus gave up comfort and rejected power. Jesus proved himself and his words by doing miracles. Contrast that with Muhammad who was a known caravan thief and who ordered that poets be murdered because he didn't like what they were saying. Muhammad made claims that god spoke to him, but gave no proof of it. It doesn't matter if Muhammad sprinkled some sugar on top of that to try to make it look holy. It's still what he did.

If you took the time out of your day to study the Quran in depth before posting in threads like these, you would not sound so ignorant.

I don't sound ignorant at all. You just don't like what is being said.

Muslims claim that Islam was there from time immemorial.

Which is silly. But they are welcome to believe whatever they want.

So do not make your own assumptions that Islam reaches backwards to claim anything as its own, educate yourself first.

You just admitted that it does. You said Muslims claim that Islam was there from time immemorial. It DOES reach backwards to claim everything as Muslim to bolster it's own belief claim. No, Jesus wasn't Muslim. No, Abraham never was in Mecca. Noah wasn't Muslim, and there is no proof he even existed. And it has been proven that Adam and Eve never existed so obviously they weren't Muslim either. etc.

On another note, Jesus is highly regarded in Islam, you make it sound like he is not even acknowledged- again please educate yourself.

I'm well educated, thank you very much. I never said that Jesus wasn't highly regarded. But in Islam Jesus is a lesser prophet than Muhammad. And Jesus is supposed to be a side kick to some Mahdi at the end of the world. In Christianity, Jesus is considered to be God Himself. Big difference. Also the stories that Muhammad made up about Jesus directly run counter to the eyewitness accounts of the Christian gospels.

You talk about stoning to death, but you quote entirely out of context - you do not even mention the conditions for punishment of adultery (you need a few witnesses).

Dude .. who the heck cares about the conditions for the stoning. It's a FREAK'N STONING! This is the year 2015, not 650. NO ONE should be stoned to death. It's barbaric.

At least the Quran has a guideline for dealing with life and its many troubles.

A sucky one, IMHO, where men are encouraged to beat wives who supposedly 'disobey', and where men can cheat on wives who aren't in the mood for sex, and where women don't have the same rights in a court of law and can't inherit the money like men.

So please tell me how any of this does NOT serve mankind well?

Already did. You just don't want to hear it.

The topic is 'impressions reading the Qu'ran'.
So those are my impressions. The Qu'ran is very unimpressive.
For that matter, so is the Old Testament.
Both contain massive errors. Both are a look at humanity at their worst.

edit on 2/23/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Do you actually read back what you post on here? Seriously.

It's filled with hate, where is the proof to back anything you said up? Miracles and what not.

You conveniently cherry picked from my own response as well congratulations on being consistently ignorant.

Proven that Adam and Eve never existed, really now? Nice, to hear stuff like that is being prove today, that's great news. Why do you even care about preaching the Gospel then?

Face it, not much you say can be proven, so keep repeating your rhetoric, I was merely addressing your false interpretations of everything. How about you address the positive stuff from my post, don't bother - other reader will

And no, you are not 100% correct.
edit on 23-2-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

It's filled with hate, where is the proof to back anything you said up? Miracles and what not.

Truth isn't hate. Jesus supported his claims with miracles. Eyewitness account report that the deaf could hear, the blind could see, the diseased were cured, the lame could walk. What did Muhammad do? He ordered hits on poets who said things he didn't like. Muhammad did no miracles to back that he was a prophet. The proof is in the Qu'ran and the New Testament. Go read them.

Proven that Adam and Eve never existed, really now?

Yes, proven by science and genetics and archeology. Adam and Eve did not happen. Neither did Noahs Ark and the flood. Neither did Exodus. Those stories are proven to be bunk.

Face it, not much you say can be proven, so keep repeating your rhetoric,

Face it, everything I said has been proven to be true. None of the stories in the OT or Qu'ran (Adam and Eve, Noahs Ark, Exodus, etc) are true because they have already been disproven. Truth isn't rhetoric. Adherence to ancient false religious stories are what is rhetoric.

The Qu'ran isn't from Heaven. It's just a bunch of old stories that were plagiarized from various religions in the area (Judaism, Christianity, Zoroastrianism, paganism) in order to invent a new religion to control the people. He retold stories that had errors, and he even got the retelling wrong. Noahs Ark for example. Science has proven that there was no world wide flood 6,000 years ago. Not 10,000. Not 20,000. Not 100,000. It didn't happen. And yet the Qu'ran claims it did because the Qu'ran just plagiarized a nonsense story from other religions. The story is wrong so it obviously didn't come from God.

A book full of plagiarized false stories and with instructions for men to beat 'disobedient' wives and stone to death adulterers? Like I said .... unimpressive. And that goes for the Old Testament as well. If other people want to wade through those messes to find a line or two of inspiration, go ahead and enjoy the treasure hunt. I see it as a waste of time.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Sure buddy, and science is always right? I'll check back with you in a decade or so and see what's changed.

As for your eye witness accounts and proofs, please tell me how many contributors there were to the bible scriptures... too many contradictory accounts to even bother piecing it all together. Bible versions where words and meanings were completely taken out, and you are using that as your proof. Maybe you should go read something.

You are only in this thread to bash and stir hate given the tone of your posts, you said the Quran was unimpressive - well that's just your opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Sure buddy, and science is always right? I'll check back with you in a decade or so and see what's changed.

1 - I'm not your buddy.
2 - 10 or 20 years from now will change nothing.
The proof is absolute - Noahs Ark, Adam and Eve, Exodus ... proven bunk.

You are only in this thread to bash and stir hate given the tone of your posts,

Truth isn't hate. If you want to be impressed with a book that calls for people to be stoned to death and that says women shouldn't have the same legal rights as men ... go ahead. I choose to reject those things and to reject the book that espouses them.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Truth isn't hate. Jesus supported his claims with miracles. Eyewitness account report that the deaf could hear, the blind could see, the diseased were cured, the lame could walk. What did Muhammad do? He ordered hits on poets who said things he didn't like. Muhammad did no miracles to back that he was a prophet. The proof is in the Qu'ran and the New Testament. Go read them.

Proven that Adam and Eve never existed, really now?

Yes, proven by science and genetics and archeology. Adam and Eve did not happen. Neither did Noahs Ark and the flood. Neither did Exodus. Those stories are proven to be bunk.

Face it, not much you say can be proven, so keep repeating your rhetoric,

Face it, everything I said has been proven to be true. None of the stories in the OT or Qu'ran (Adam and Eve, Noahs Ark, Exodus, etc) are true because they have already been disproven. Truth isn't rhetoric. Adherence to ancient false religious stories are what is rhetoric.

The Qu'ran isn't from Heaven. It's just a bunch of old stories that a caravan thief plagiarized from various religions in the area (Judaism, Christianity, Zoroastrianism, paganism) in order to invent his own religion to control the people. He retold stories that had errors, and he even got the retelling wrong. Noahs Ark for example. Science has proven that there was no world wide flood 6,000 years ago. Not 10,000. Not 20,000. Not 100,000. It didn't happen. And yet the Qu'ran claims it did because the Qu'ran just plagiarized a nonsense story from other religions. The story is wrong so it obviously didn't come from God.

A book, written by a murderer, full of plagiarized false stories and with instructions for men to beat 'disobedient' wives and stone to death adulterers? Like I said .... unimpressive. And that goes for the Old Testament as well. If other people want to wade through those messes to find a line or two of inspiration, go ahead and enjoy the treasure hunt. I see it as a waste of time.

So the book was written to control the people? How is it control? What would be gained? The fact remains that this book contains benefits for mankind that you just refuse to address, instead you just continue bashing on the stuff you don't like.

Why are your running away from the positive things I mentioned FlyersFan?

Everything I mentioned in my previous posts that you so conveniently shy'd away from - such as giving in charity as a law - actually does something for humanity. Your posts do nothing but incite hatred and disrespect to many followers. You don't want to address the critical points because you enjoy bashing on religion, and you do not have the grace to respect other people's beliefs.

I find your hiding behind science and placing the Bible above other scriptures in a bid to stir hate, tasteless.

(post by ISeekTruth101 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Why are your running away from the positive things I mentioned FlyersFan?

That's funny. I don't run away from anything. I already said that if people want to wade through the muck to try to find something inspirational, they can go ahead and do that. I said that I find it a waste of time.

Your posts do nothing but incite hatred and disrespect to many followers.

Nope. They provide common sense balance to the indoctrinated and starry eyed.

You don't want to address the critical points because you enjoy bashing on religion, and you do not have the grace to respect other people's beliefs.

I addressed critical points. The source of the books is highly questionable and the book itself is full of nonsense. I already said that if people want to buy into it they can, but I do not. So your statement is silly.

I find your hiding behind science and placing the Bible above other scriptures in a bid to stir hate, tasteless.

- Stating the truth, that science has disproven large chunks of the Qu'ran (and OT) isn't 'hiding behind science'. It's just stating facts.

- You find my adherence to truth tasteless? I find your dismissal of proven facts to be absurd. So what? We aren't the topic of this thread.

- I didn't place the bible above other scriptures. Guess you missed the part where I said that the OT was just as awful as the Qu'ran.

The topic of the thread is impressions on reading the Qu'ran. Again - Truth isn't hate. If you want to be impressed with a book that calls for people to be stoned to death and that says women shouldn't have the same legal rights as men ... go ahead. I choose to reject those things and to reject the book that espouses them.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

2 - 10 or 20 years from now will change nothing.

Scientists regularly change their minds. New evidence comes along & they say, "Hey, I was wrong". I get the feeling you won't do the same.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101
It's already been proven via ice corp samples going back 100,000 years; by coral reefs that are alive and over 100,000 years old; by 80,000 year old living trees; by DNA and genetics ... The Noahs Ark story is bunk. Those proofs will never change. It simply did not happen. And anyone who says God told them that Noahs Ark story happened, did NOT get it from God. Either that, or God is a liar. Pick one or the other.

The Qu'ran is wrong. The Bible is wrong. The ancient Summerian stories are wrong. This is just an old fable that has been passed around for thousands of years. Science has proven it not to have happened. Therefore, I'm not impressed with any of those books because they are proven to contain error.

Like I said, If you want to be impressed, go ahead. I am not.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Truth isnt hate, but selective truth, mixed with propaganda and smacked about with an agenda is fundamentally hate, which I have to admit is quite vivid in your approach to Islam. You're making a basic mistake here, you might not know but Jesus came to fight guns blazing..

biblehub.com...

Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

That being said, no one really knows what Jesus (pbuh) did for the first 30 years of his life, there is some noise about him going to the east and seeing monks or something, but no one truly knows (unless you fully believe in either, the Quran, Bible or even the talmud, in which case its a 'personal truth/belief'). So to make an argument that Jesus (pbuh) was such and such as compared to so and so.. is so premature, that I would guess you busted your nut as you were typing..

Some source would be nice, btw science cant prove squat.. it can provide overwhelming evidence but it can't prove anything. And for you to say science can disprove "Adam and Eve" is so fundamentally wrong it shows you are not aware of even the unpinning principles of science.. science can only talk about something that is observable.. yes it can make theories upon something it doesn't know via limited and inconclusive evidence.. but if you're one to hold fast to theories.. then my theory is that you're naive to say the least..

The Qu'ran isn't from Heaven. It's just a bunch of old stories that a caravan thief plagiarized from various religions in the area (Judaism, Christianity, Zoroastrianism, paganism) in order to invent his own religion to control the people. He retold stories that had errors, and he even got the retelling wrong. Noahs Ark for example. Science has proven that there was no world wide flood 6,000 years ago. Not 10,000. Not 20,000. Not 100,000. It didn't happen. And yet the Qu'ran claims it did because the Qu'ran just plagiarized a nonsense story from other religions. The story is wrong so it obviously didn't come from God.

A book, written by a murderer, full of plagiarized false stories and with instructions for men to beat 'disobedient' wives and stone to death adulterers? Like I said .... unimpressive. And that goes for the Old Testament as well. If other people want to wade through those messes to find a line or two of inspiration, go ahead and enjoy the treasure hunt. I see it as a waste of time.

Now, the stuff I quoted above, is basically your personal feelings towards the religion of Islam, its Prophet (pbuh) and its holy book. You are quite entitled to your opinion. That is how the modern world works and that is how even the Quran works

Surah Al-Kafiroon (109) verse 6
Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

Also your claim about plagiarism is so weak, I would address it but, once again you have provided nothing for me to talk about, show me plagiarism and i (by the permission of Allah) will show you how you're mistaken.

To give you some indication of the status of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), even the US Supreme Court has done its part to honour him, as a great giver of Law (basically be just and noble) and source

In all honesty, Christianity and Islam is seriously very close together, they are both Abrahamic faiths, they both love and respect Jesus (pbuh), they both love and respect all the prophets before Jesus (pbuh), I don't really see much difference other than a little tiff on who exactly Jesus (pbuh) is in terms of his being and purpose.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MstWntd
To give you some indication of the status of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), even the US Supreme Court has done its part to honour him, as a great giver of Law (basically be just and noble) and source

That is a bit disingenuous, the Supreme Court honored no one, the Supreme Court Building Commission instructed the Cass's to include both secular and religious 'law givers' in the frieze.

And on a side note those asshats over at CAIR asked to have Mohammed sandblasted from the frieze.

edit on 23-2-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

That's funny. I don't run away from anything. I already said that if people want to wade through the muck to try to find something inspirational, they can go ahead and do that. I said that I find it a waste of time.

Yeah I agree, it is funny that you run away and continue to evade. You still haven't addressed the positive aspects of my posts here I'll bring them back for you -

Pre-marital sex? Abolished, that the end of all the troubles we have today with sex education now starting at primary school due to the outbreak of kids doing it for fun and ending up having kids of their own. Poor people? No more, Islam makes it a law for everyones who has the means to pay zakat (charity) as a proportion of an individuals wealth to spread the wealth amognst everyone else.

So please tell me how any of this does NOT serve mankind well? Last I checked the 1% own half of the worlds wealth, and it wasn't a law to give charity. If the rich paid 2.5% of their wealth to the poor, I think the world would be a better place.

- Stating the truth, that science has disproven large chunks of the Qu'ran (and OT) isn't 'hiding behind science'. It's just stating facts.

- I didn't place the bible above other scriptures. Guess you missed the part where I said that the OT was just as awful as the Qu'ran.

Again that's even more funny, any outsider reading the tone of your previous posts could have sworn you were christian, as you were really selling those Jesus quotes.

Guess you missed the part where I said that the OT was just as awful as the Qu'ran.

Yeah you added that small print near the end somewhere right? Shrouded in your scientific sentiments... of 100% accuracy

You can't prove your 100% accuracy. Because it isn't observable, the guidelines in the Quran however are 100% practical — for the most part — because they can be proven and observed. Good luck with your attitude.☺

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Oh yes, it is actually an act of condemnation to place the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as part of the frieze in the Supreme Court building... amongst other revered personalities.. like seriously man?..

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Oh yes, it is actually an act of condemnation to place the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as part of the frieze in the Supreme Court building... amongst other revered personalities.. like seriously man?..

Yeah, like seriously man, like, CAIR, like, you know, the scummy group, with like, ties to terrorists, wanted it removed.

And since you obviously did not read AND understand what I wrote, the Supreme Court (which is a legal institution) did not honor anyone. A committee, appointed to determine the architectural elements of the building, decided who and what would adorn the structure.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Yeah and when scientific facts have been proven wrong, there will always be more instances.

list25.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Truth isnt hate, but selective truth, mixed with propaganda and smacked about with an agenda is fundamentally hate,

Good thing I just posted the truth and didn't mix propaganda, and that I"m not so indoctrinated that I reject truth when it's presented.

that I would guess you busted your nut as you were typing..

I'm a girl. I have no 'nut' to bust.

Some source would be nice, btw science cant prove squat..

You ask for science but then say its useless? Science has proven Noahs Ark didn't happen; Adam and Eve didn't happen; Exodus didn't happen in any manner close to how it's described; and its doubtful that Abraham even existed. And since those things are wrong, then the books that espouse them are highly suspect. It's been discussed here many times on many threads.

Did Abraham Really Exist
10 Commandments - Doctrine of Men
Noahs Ark info to follow

your claim about plagiarism is so weak,

No. The statement (not a 'claim') is exceptionally strong and the fact that the Qu'ran is mostly plagiarized is something that has been written about by many researchers.

"The works of Ignaz Goldziher and Henri Corbin on the influence of Zoroastrianism on Islam; the works of Geiger, Torrey, and Katsch on the influence of Judaism; Richard Bells pioneering work on the influence of Christianity; the work of Wllhausen, Noldeke, Hurgronje, and Robertson Smith on the influence of Sabianism and pre-Islamic Arabia; and the work of Arthur Jeffrey on the foreign vocabulary of the Koran, all combine to make us concur with Zwemer's conclusion that Islam is 'not an inventioin, but a concoction; there is nothing novel about it .... - Ibn Warriq

"The most important stages in Islams history were characterized by the assimilation of foreign influences ... It's founder, Muhammad, did not proclaim new ideas. He did not enrich earlier conceptions of man's relation to the transcendental and infinite ... The Arab Prophet's message was an eclectic composite of religious ideas and regulations. The ideas were suggested to him by contacts, which had stirred him deeply, with Jewish, Christian and other elements " Ignaz Goldziher.

Muslim commentator al-Sharestani wrote about how the beliefs in Islam are 'borrowed' from the pagan Arabs, especially the ceremonies of the pilgrimage to Mecca.

edit on 2/23/2015 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Science provided as requested. But considering the dismissal of science as 'not knowing squat', I doubt the person will listen. This proves that both the bible and the qu'ran are in error. And since they are in error, the entire book is suspect and unimpressive.

4,350 years ago (bible date approx 2350 BC) there was no global flood that took over the entire planet leaving only a single boat floating around which contained two pair of every critter on the planet. There wasn't one 10,000 years ago. Not 20,000. Not 50,000. Not 100,000. And going back that far, humans weren't capable of building anything.

If Noahs Ark happened .. then this 80,000 year old tree colony wouldn't have survived.
PANDO Tree Colony

Pando (Latin for "I spread"), also known as The Trembling Giant,[1][2] is a clonal colony of a single male quaking aspen (Populus tremuloides) determined to be a single living organism by identical genetic markers[3] and one massive underground root system. The plant is estimated to weigh collectively 6,000,000 kg (6,600 short tons),[4] making it the heaviest known organism.[5] The root system of Pando, at an estimated 80,000 years old, is among the oldest known living organisms.[6][7]
Pando is located 1 mile southwest of Fish Lake on Utah route 25.[8] in the Fremont River Ranger District of the Fishlake National Forest, at the western edge of the Colorado Plateau in South-central Utah, at N 38.525 W 111.75.

Science Daily
At this time there are 6.5 million land animal species on the planet. There were even more back in what was supposedly Noahs time. Two of each animal would mean at least 13 million animals on that boat. NOT A CHANCE!! Couldn't happen.

Light doesnt penetrate the ocean more than about 500 ft. if the earth were submerged under 29,000 ft. in order to cover mt. everest, no marine plant life would have survived and the oceans would be dead. Obviously that didn't happen.

Could Noahs' Ark Have Actually Happened?

If the 2350 date were correct, then human civilization would’ve had to undergo an extreme population explosion in the millenium following the flood. According to Biblical sources, there would have been millions of Jews leaving Egypt, so assuming a global population of 40 million around that time (~1350 BC), and comparing that to global population estimates later in history (an estimated 200+ million by 0 AD), would require an incredibly high population growth between 2350 BC and 1350 BC (5,000,000 fold increase in 1,000 years), and a much lower population growth after 1350 BC – usually less than 5 fold population growth within any 1,000 year period between 1350 BC and 1800 AD.

(3) The distribution of animals is not what we would expect if there were a global flood killing all life. If all life was limited to the top of a mountain in the Middle East in 2350 B.C., then how to explain the distribution of animals across the world? All the kangaroos on the Ark went to Australia? How did the animals get to the Americas? If they crossed via an ice-bridge in the Bering Strait, then the Americas should be limited to animals that are warm blooded and capable of traveling hundreds of miles across snow. This means no reptiles, no spiders, etc. Yet, the Amazon contains a wide variety of animal biodiversity. And why didn’t American desert animals stay behind in the deserts of the Old World? (See related post: “Creationism versus Animal Biodiversity”)

(4) Genetic evidence shows that human beings are far to genetically diverse to be descended from a single family in 2350 B.C. If Noah’s Ark were true, then all men alive today would’ve gotten their Y-chromosomes from Noah, and all human mitochondrial DNA would come from Noah’s wife and the three daughter-in-laws. Studies of the human Y-Chromosome show that you’d need far more than 4,300 years to accumulate that many mutations. Human beings could not be descended from a single male in 2350 B.C. What the studies show, instead, is that, in order to explain the number of mutations in the human Y-Chromosome, you have to allow for roughly 60,000-90,000 years. Similarly, human mitochondrial DNA requires roughly 160,000 years to accumulate that many mutations — showing that Eve could not have lived 6,000 years ago as the Bible says.

AND MORE INFORMATION AT THAT SITE.

Adam and his Eves - A lesson on DNA and population distribution for you

Creationism vs Biodiversity

Additionally, once the animals left the Ark, there are a lot of nearby regions they could inhabit, but didn’t. For example, all varieties of rattlesnakes are found in the Americas (33 species, and numerous subspecies). There are none in the Old World – despite the fact that there are regions similar to the American deserts – the Sahara, the Middle East, the Gobi Desert, etc. Llamas fit this same pattern – found in the New World, but not in the Old World. The Caucus (where the Ark supposedly landed) and Himalaya mountains have different species than the Rocky Mountains and Andes. Why didn’t some of the Rocky Mountain species stick around in the Caucus Mountains – they were already there the minute they stepped off the Ark. Similarly, the species in the South American tropics aren’t found in Old World tropics (Southeast Asia and Africa), and vice-versa. For example, New World cats and monkeys are different species than Old World cats and monkeys. Theoretically, with the movement of creatures caused by the global flood, one could find the same species living in distant places. Somehow, we don’t.

National Geographic - Human DNA Journey
For Noahs Ark to have happened exactly as the bible or the qu'ran claims, we'd expect the highest levels of genetic diversity to be in the Middle East. But the fact is that the highest levels of human genetic diversity occur in Africa where humanity evolved.

Noahs Ark didn't happen. The world wide flood didn't happen. Proven impossible.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

...and its doubtful that Abraham even existed.

Yeah by that logic, maybe in 2000 years it will be doubtful that you existed.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
More on how the Qu'ran and the OT are wrong - science has proven this.

MORE -

Noahs Ark Doesn't Float

Miles of coral reef, hundreds of feet thick, still survive intact at the Eniwetok atoll in the Pacific Ocean. The violent flood would have certainly destroyed these formations, yet the rate of deposit tells us that the reefs have survived for over 100,000 undisturbed years. Similarly, the floodwaters, not to mention the other factors leading to a boiling sea, would have obviously melted the polar ice caps. However, ice layers in Greenland and Antarctica date back at least 40,000 years.

Impact craters from pre-historical asteroid strikes still exist even though the tumultuous floodwaters would have completely eroded them. If these craters were formed concurrently with the flood, as it has been irresponsibly suggested, the magnificent heat from the massive impacts would have immediately boiled large quantities of the ocean, as if it wasn’t hot enough already. Like the asteroid craters, global mountain ranges would exhibit uniform erosion as a result of a global flood. Unsurprisingly, we witness just the opposite in neighboring pairs of greatly contrasting examples, such as the Rockies and Appalachians.

Even if we erroneously assume there to be enough water under the earth’s surface in order to satisfy the required flood levels, the size of the openings necessary to permit passage for a sufficient amount of water would be large enough to destroy the cohesive properties of the earth’s crust. However, the outer layer is firmly intact, and there’s no evidence indicating that it ever collapsed. All this hypothetical escaping water would have greatly eroded the sides of the deep ocean fissures as well, but no such observable evidence exists for this phenomenon either.

We can also observe algae deposits within the fossil layers, a phenomenon that could not have formed during the flood because they require sunlight to thrive. It’s quite reasonable to assume that the clouds would have thoroughly obstructed the sunlight during such a tremendous rain indicative of the flood. Setting aside this and all other known fossil inconsistencies with the Bible, archaeologists have found human footprints within the upper layers. Moving water simply could not have deposited these markings. As I alluded to earlier, this seemingly endless list of geological problems was completely unforeseeable to the primitive authors, thus the Bible offers no justifications or explanations for our discoveries.

MORE INFORMATiON AT THE SITE.

Besides the DNA and fossils ... the atmosphere of Earth doesn't carry enough water to 'cover the Earth past the highest mountains'. The water from the Noahs Ark flood wouldn't have evaporated into space ... and it's not underground .. so where did it supposedly go?

MORE
India and the Indus Valley Civilization

The Indus Valley Civilization, which spread and flourished in the northwestern part of the Indian subcontinent from c. 3300 to 1300 BCE in present-day Pakistan and northwest India, was the first major civilization in South Asia.[2] A sophisticated and technologically advanced urban culture developed in the Mature Harappan period, from 2600 to 1900 BCE.[3]
This civilization collapsed at the start of the second millennium BCE and was later followed by the Iron Age Vedic Civilization, which extended over much of the Indo-Gangetic plain and which witness the rise of major polities known as the Mahajanapadas. In one of these kingdoms, (Magadha), Mahavira and Buddha were born in the 6th or 5th century BCE and propagated their Shramanic philosophies.

The culture and peoples are UNINTERRUPTED all through the supposed Noahs Ark period (as dated by the bible).
In fact, it's uninterrupted for the past 75,000 years.
So obviously the bible and qu'ran are DEAD WRONG ... there was no world wide flood that covered all the mountains.
Civilizations continued and flourished uninterrupted during this time AND for tens of thousands of years prior.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join