It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
To serve manwas a good Twilight zone show about aliens eating people under the guise of friendship, they gave humans a book called to serve man.
Which happened to be a cook book of how to cook and eat humans.

All over the world, at this very moment, wild animals are killing and eating other animals.

Is it moral to allow this, or should we immediately act to remove from the biosphere all animals that live on others, from killer whales, dolphins etc all the way to Jonesy, your house cat?

How can we be moral if we don't stop the death? The only logical path is wholesale slaughter of every omnivore and carnivore from the earth.

Join with me brother, we'll go kill some lions and tigers, then we'll go spear Flipper.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Bedlam

Thanks for that. I have friends who have them, and claimed they weren't to eat...

Well, you can also get eggs from them, but the guinea loss rate to Hootie the Owl God at our family place was so high we hatched out every egg that would hatch.

They're sort of pet-like, so it sort of grosses people out to consider eating them. Especially if you lose Momma Guinea and you have to incubate them, then they imprint on you.

But they are very good to eat. So if you've got a surplus of them coming on to winter, and there's only so much room in the chicken run, it's harvest time. Unless you want to thin the chicken herd and feed guineas all winter. Some of our guineas penned with the chickens at night. Others lived in the trees. The tree guineas were fodder for Hootie, sad to say. In the winter there's a lot less for them to eat so you have to supplement their food supply out of your pocket, so SOME guineas are chosen to populate the Earth after the winter, but others might have a sort of cryogenic end in the freezer.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

To serve manwas a good Twilight zone show about aliens eating people under the guise of friendship, they gave humans a book called to serve man.

All over the world, at this very moment, wild animals are killing and eating other animals.

Is it moral to allow this, or should we immediately act to remove from the biosphere all animals that live on others, from killer whales, dolphins etc all the way to Jonesy, your house cat?

How can we be moral if we don't stop the death? The only logical path is wholesale slaughter of every omnivore and carnivore from the earth.

Join with me brother, we'll go kill some lions and tigers, then we'll go spear Flipper.

Lol cause suffering and death for what purpose? The whole point is to discuss the morality and perhaps a bit of the old golden rule. We wouldnt feel to happy if some alien flipper started spearing humans for tasty fun and giggles now would we. Not to say that alien flipper gives a damn about right or wrong anyways, but we humans can think and discuss morals cant we?
edit on 30-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The animals will die either way, I would rather the meat go to people than just trashed.

Take a look at the plight of the Mustang horses, they are looking at killing more of the wild herd because they take up to much space.

People are all for saving fuzzy animals until they are inconvenient then it's kill em all. Just ask peta.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?" ~Homer J. Simpson

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If it were survival of the fittest, vegetarians would not last long. Only by the rule of law, built by meat eaters are vegetarians given the gift of not being weeded out of society.

Vegans should thank meat eaters they have a tame world to frolic around in so tenderly.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I have not called anyone immoral, I put forth the question of morality in my OP.

Bull#!!! Have you read your thread title? It states that eating meat is immoral and asks if we care.

Do you address the questions about the 'morality' of eating plants anywhere in the thread?

I eat meat to save defenseless plants from the savagery inflicted upon them by amoral animals.

Mowing is immoral. Do you care?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

We wouldnt feel to happy if some alien flipper started spearing humans for tasty fun and giggles now would we. Not to say that alien flipper gives a damn about right or wrong anyways, but we humans can think and discuss morals cant we?

And so we are. I'm just reframing your concept.

How can you sleep at night knowing that Flipper's out there eating fish left and right?

We must stop this, in the name of peace and righteousness.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Vegetarian- Indian word for poor hunter.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

To look at the golden rule of do onto others as you want done to yourself from another more ET perspective we are going to the realms of aliens.
To serve man was a good Twilight zone show about aliens eating people under the guise of friendship, they gave humans a book called to serve man.

Do you think thats an immoral scenario? If so why?

So to up the intellectual anty a bit I thought I would ask folks how moral they would think it would be for a more advanced form of life decided to eat us and farm us just like we do animals.

For example if we were just kept in continual body containers which were grown and phased in and out while we were sleeping we would be none the wiser, with our old memories uploaded into us after they were recorded during our sleep. Our old body and memories souls and all up being served as a various dishes for alien foods. These hypothetical aliens wouldnt need humans to survive but did it as a cultural thing, like a pastime they are addicted to.

Would that be immoral if so why?

How about a violent alien invasion of mass slaughter just for the taste of human flesh like in the movie, "War Of The Worlds" they were eating people and spraying out the remnants all over the cities leaving a red residue everywhere. Note these hypothetical aliens didnt need to do this in this scenario, but for the sake of discussion lets say they were doing it for the taste.

Would you consider that to be an immoral thing to do as an action of an intelligent race of beings?

If yes you consider it immoral for aliens to kill humans in various alien scenarios.
How would you compare these scenarios morally with humans killing animals in our real world today.

I dont usually quote myself however I think this is along the same lines of thought.

In a zombie apocalipse scenario of survival of the most fit would you think it moral or immoral for zombies to eat living humans? Of course zombies could just eat other zombies, or go after animals, or just go to the store and eat at the meat section but they always go after living humans in the movies and this scenario because they like the taste, so there are alternatives for the hypothetical zombie, but they want the humans running down the street. . . .

Although I doubt hypothetical mindless zombies would care if its moral or not.

But we arent mindless far from it we can discuss why we would think its right or wrong for zombies to eat us, for no other reason than they can, and of course human brains, it is a survival of the most fit type of scenario.

Now zombies are mindless while aliens are supposed to be intelligent, but in both scenarios they are eating people are, either morally justified? Why or why not.

How does that compare with our morality in the eating of animals.
edit on 30-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Do you think plants aren't living? And what about the facts that animals themselves eat animals?
edit on 30-1-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Lol no I don't care that's why I'm on top of food chain! We are omnivores not carnivores or herbivores man requires some meat in our diet! It's just common logic! Nothing better than good barbecued ribs or a nice medium rare steak from Costco!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I have not called anyone immoral, I put forth the question of morality in my OP.

Bull#!!! Have you read your thread title? It states that eating meat is immoral and asks if we care.

Do you address the questions about the 'morality' of eating plants anywhere in the thread?

I eat meat to save defenseless plants from the savagery inflicted upon them by amoral animals.

I think the last time I responded to you it got removed for a manners violation, you can imagine what I have to say to you. . . .

Look through the thread see for yourself, read and use your intelligence before asking me more not well thought out off topic questions.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

To look at the golden rule of do onto others as you want done to yourself from another more ET perspective we are going to the realms of aliens.

To serve man was a good Twilight zone show about aliens eating people under the guise of friendship, they gave humans a book called to serve man.

Do you think thats an immoral scenario? If so why?

So to up the intellectual anty a bit I thought I would ask folks how moral they would think it would be for a more advanced form of life decided to eat us and farm us just like we do animals.

For example if we were just kept in continual body containers which were grown and phased in and out while we were sleeping we would be none the wiser, with our old memories uploaded into us after they were recorded during our sleep. Our old body and memories souls and all up being served as a various dishes for alien foods. These hypothetical aliens wouldnt need humans to survive but did it as a cultural thing, like a pastime they are addicted to.

Would that be immoral if so why?

How about a violent alien invasion of mass slaughter just for the taste of human flesh like in the movie, "War Of The Worlds" they were eating people and spraying out the remnants all over the cities leaving a red residue everywhere. Note these hypothetical aliens didnt need to do this in this scenario, but for the sake of discussion lets say they were doing it for the taste.

Would you consider that to be an immoral thing to do as an action of an intelligent race of beings?

If yes you consider it immoral for aliens to kill humans in various alien scenarios.

How would you compare these scenarios morally with humans killing animals in our real world today.

I dont usually quote myself however I think this is along the same lines of thought.

In a zombie apocalipse scenario of survival of the most fit would you think it moral or immoral for zombies to eat living humans? Of course zombies could just eat other zombies, or go after animals, or just go to the store and eat at the meat section but they always go after living humans in the movies and this scenario because they like the taste, so there are alternatives for the hypothetical zombie, but they want the humans running down the street. . . .

Although I doubt hypothetical mindless zombies would care if its moral or not.

But we arent mindless far from it we can discuss why we would think its right or wrong for zombies to eat us, for no other reason than they can, and of course human brains, it is a survival of the most fit type of scenario.

Now zombies are mindless while aliens are supposed to be intelligent, but in both scenarios they are eating people are, either morally justified? Why or why not.

How does that compare with our morality in the eating of animals.

Now you're just deflecting from valid accusations made against you (mostly on page 8-10)

Can we stop talking about the moral code of zombies & aliens (things which empirically do not exist) & focus on whether or not it's immoral to murder & eat plants vs animals?
edit on 30-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I think the last time I responded to you it got removed for a manners violation, you can imagine what I have to say to you. . . .

Look through the thread see for yourself, read and use your intelligence before asking me more not well thought out off topic questions.

He's off topic? Do you read your own posts?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I like your carefree use of words without regard for their meaning. You must feel liberated.

If you think meat is immoral why do you throw so much spam into your own threads?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

If aliens or zombies got the upper hand and were able to consume us at will, our worries wouldn't matter much now would they?
We could get mad, and even mad enough to protest and make signs, but I doubt that would deter them from sustaining themselves.

Here is a question for you since you want to go down the zombie road. Would it be morally wrong to deny a zombie his meal, thus ending his life? At what point to you disregard the life and quality of life of said zombie? Do you think they are void of feelings?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

After reading your thread and watching a couple of vids I'm hungry.

I'm going to go to my fridge to pull out a 2 inch New York strip steak, and fire up the grill.

And I have a Greek salad for a side dish too.

edit on 30-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Would it be morally wrong to deny a zombie his meal, thus ending his life?

I would let Rob Zombie kill me and eat me. Then he could write a cool song about it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

And I have a Greek salad for a side dish too.

You mean with an actual Greek, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join