It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

UH OH!!!! Sounds dangerous.

Only for her.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Talk about serendipity.

I went downstairs to get the dinning room ready for company and what do I find on the Persian carpet?

A half-digested, barfed up bird that my cat must have caught and eaten yesterday. Now, obviously, at this point, I know he is an immoral creature.

He could have barfed that up on the marble floor and made it soooooo much easier to clean up, but as any cat owner will tell you, he knew this would be the more disgusting route and opted for the path of unrepentant immorality.

I have a golf cart I ride around the neighborhood to visit with. It's parked in the garage. the other day, I changed the cat's food to a cheaper brand. he showed his displeasure by crapping on the friggin roof of my cart. There is no way in hell you can convince me that was random. I am with butcherguy, cat's are of the devil.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lysacid
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Hay grows a whole lot faster and easier than a tomato or corn.
Once again, I grew up in a farm community. To properly raise a cow for the slaughterhouse requires MUCH more money and resources than using the same amount of land for farming. Yes hay and grains are cheap, but cows need space to move, to exercise, to graze, etc. That's space that cannot be cultivated.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The other day I was thinking about why # smelled like #. I came to the conclusion that # smells the way it does, to humans because its very unhealthy to eat. It could kill you. Dogs on the other hand dont seem to mind the smell, they can eat it and be fine.

I think your energy should be directed towards the corporations and laws that allow animals to be treated in such a way. It is possible to treat them humane and serve the population, just not as profitable. Human beings will eat meat no matter what conditions the Animals went threw. They are not thinking about what the animal went threw when they see a piece of meat. They are thinking about hunger. We dont see a piece of muscle from a animal we see a slab of tasty nutritious food.
Its hopeless, humanity will never be herbivores.
So instead focus on the real reasons these animals are mistreated.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Were we born as veggies NO!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Morality is not a finite set for many people. So, lets look at the raw data instead. Have you ever looked at the breakdown of what is in those patties (compared to a real burger). Here is a page that shows you that comparison from the USDA.

USDA National Nutrient Database: MORNINGSTAR FARMS Grillers Original

If you go through it, the items that concern me are:

• 1.5x the sugar content
  • 1.5x the sodium content
  • 1.5x the total saturated fat content
  • 1.5x the cholesterol content

Does it sound healthier or just "morally convenient" for you.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Oh I know, I'm just responding to the other poster wondering why someone would shove meat into a vegetarian's face in this thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'll tell you this, if they could 3D print a steak in the same manner as a matter replicator I wouldn't see problem with it.

But the lab grown burger I've actually seen didn't look particularly tasty, of course they'll get better but it'll probably take a while.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You do what you like, but don't look down on me for realizing that my teeth make me an omnivore. Are you going to go out and chide the other animals for eating like their teeth and instincts guide them? If not, then stop telling me how I have to eat.

I regularly fish and eat what I catch. I know what happens to make those steaks and chicken legs I put in my pot. It's not pretty, but I also know that without my need to eat those cows and chickens would have no purpose to exist. Certainly the domestic turkey would definitely go extinct.

By all means, fell compassion for the animal to the point where you eat only plants, but stop trying to make everyone else do the same.

I think you accidentally made a fantastic point!

Does lack of compassion mean lack of morals? Not necessarily.
Does lack of morals mean lack of compassion? Probably.

Plenty of farmers feel compassion for the animals they raise, slaughter, & eat for their own survival. Doesn't affect their morality in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Oh I know, I'm just responding to the other poster wondering why someone would shove meat into a vegetarian's face in this thread.

I know you aren't a noobie when it comes to the threads & posters of ATS

This is one of the fastest growing & evolving threads I've seen in a long time.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think the best solution to this thread is Raw Bluefin Tuna.

and if that doesn't cure their veganitis. I say treat them with this home remedy.

take a ribeye, prime with good marbling. cook it as you like. at the same time on the grill cook till tender one chopped shallot. a handful of assorted mushrooms of your choice. some thyme and a sprig of rosemary. tinsy bit of rosemary only. Some salt, pepper. At the last moment put about two spoonfuls of crumpled blue cheese on top of the vegies and let it melt in. then spread on top of finished ribeye. voila converted to meat eater.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
I'll tell you this, if they could 3D print a steak in the same manner as a matter replicator I wouldn't see problem with it.

But the lab grown burger I've actually seen didn't look particularly tasty, of course they'll get better but it'll probably take a while.
Once Star Trek replicators are reality I plan on exchanging vocal chords with Patrick Stewart and ordering Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.

And then Patrick Stewart can go around being famous for having the voice of a 10 year old girl.
edit on 30-1-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Once Star Trek replicators are reality I plan on exchanging vocal chords with Patrick Stewart and ordering Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.

Nice. I would order: Railgun. Medium rare. No guilt.

Ooooh, and a side of mashed.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Bacon and egg cheeseburger.

If that's immoral, I don't want to be moral.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

But....but.....what if ........we wrapped it all in bacon?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Damn! I knew I left out something!!!!!

Luthar Vandross has a home remedy for veganitis too.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

HOMER: So you think you know better than this family, eh? Well as long as you're in my house you'll do what I do and believe what I believe! So butter your bacon!
BART: Yes father.
LISA: Mom, dad, my spiritual quest is over!
HOMER: Hold that thought... Bacon up that sausage, boy!
BART: But dad, my heart hurts!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Nice. I would order: Railgun. Medium rare. No guilt.

Ooooh, and a side of mashed.
I'm all sinew and bones. I'd taste awful.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I once drew blood from my finger while eating bacon & it was god# delicious.

I'm going to make a thread about bacon, I expect some S&Fs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm one immoral son of a #
edit on 30-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think that FOTL has slunk off to the corner feeling abused. Awww...poor guy!

That's what happens though when you hop onto a soap box with a half assed plan.

So much for his/her supposed superior lifestyle. Which is, to put it bluntly, simply pathetic.
edit on 30-1-2015 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join