It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

To look at the golden rule of do onto others as you want done to yourself from another more ET perspective we are going to the realms of aliens.

To serve man was a good Twilight zone show about aliens eating people under the guise of friendship, they gave humans a book called to serve man.

Which happened to be a cook book of how to cook and eat humans.

Do you think thats an immoral scenario? If so why?

So to up the intellectual anty a bit I thought I would ask folks how moral they would think it would be for a more advanced form of life decided to eat us and farm us just like we do animals.

For example if we were just kept in continual body containers which were grown and phased in and out while we were sleeping we would be none the wiser, with our old memories uploaded into us after they were recorded during our sleep. Our old body and memories souls and all up being served as a various dishes for alien foods. These hypothetical aliens wouldnt need humans to survive but did it as a cultural thing, like a pastime they are addicted to.

Would that be immoral if so why?

How about a violent alien invasion of mass slaughter just for the taste of human flesh like in the movie, "War Of The Worlds" they were eating people and spraying out the remnants all over the cities leaving a red residue everywhere. Note these hypothetical aliens didnt need to do this in this scenario, but for the sake of discussion lets say they were doing it for the taste.

Would you consider that to be an immoral thing to do as an action of an intelligent race of beings?

If yes you consider it immoral for aliens to kill humans in various alien scenarios.

How would you compare these scenarios morally with humans killing animals in our real world today.

I dont usually quote myself however I think this is along the same lines of thought.

In a zombie apocalipse scenario of survival of the most fit would you think it moral or immoral for zombies to eat living humans? Of course zombies could just eat other zombies, or go after animals, or just go to the store and eat at the meat section but they always go after living humans in the movies and this scenario because they like the taste, so there are alternatives for the hypothetical zombie, but they want the humans running down the street. . . .

Although I doubt hypothetical mindless zombies would care if its moral or not.

But we arent mindless far from it we can discuss why we would think its right or wrong for zombies to eat us, for no other reason than they can, and of course human brains, it is a survival of the most fit type of scenario.

Now zombies are mindless while aliens are supposed to be intelligent, but in both scenarios they are eating people are, either morally justified? Why or why not.

How does that compare with our morality in the eating of animals.

Now you're just deflecting from valid accusations made against you (mostly on page 8-10)

Can we stop talking about the moral code of zombies & aliens (things which empirically do not exist) & focus on whether or not it's immoral to murder & eat plants vs animals?

No need to keep answering the same question over and over because someone doesnt want to read, it wouldnt be progressive now would it. If someone cared enough to enter a discussion then they should at least do a little research before asking a question thats beeen asked multiple times and answered. Thats how conversations work you move on to the most relavent point of the conversation and give some useful imput.

I think the aliens and zombies are good hypothetical conversation points for morality because it puts people in the place of the animal being eaten, and thats totally on topic to the golden rule of do onto others as others would have others do onto you, dealing with morality.
edit on 30-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Lions are immoral while deer are not. I suppose omnivores are somewhere in the middle.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

While I understand & accept your point, I think applying morality to things that don't empirically exist is mere anthropomorphisation, & quite futile.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: network dude

Would it be morally wrong to deny a zombie his meal, thus ending his life?

I would let Rob Zombie kill me and eat me. Then he could write a cool song about it.
I suspect masons taste grainy with a hint of conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here is anther thought experiment. What if aliens came and ate all the zombies?

Is that immoral?

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, I wasn't offended but simply wondering what exactly makes people post and say such things. It's almost bound to happen in a discussion regarding this subject, that someone for some reason (which I honestly don't know) finds it necessary to say that the discussion made him hungry, or that he's about to eat beef, or whatever. It's a thing people do but I don't really know why.

link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I hear the taste varies from person to person.

lol

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I suspect masons taste grainy with a hint of conspiracy.

I am a little on the leaner side so my suggestion to him would be a sous vide preparation to make sure I come out nice and tender.

I would also recommended he pair me up with a nice Pinot Noir.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Is that immoral?

Well I think it would depend on if the aliens really needed to eat them or not. Are they doing it for fun, taste, giggles, to help humanity, or just to try some well aged zombie meat? Do they have an alternative food source?

I think if they needed to eat zombies sure it wouldnt be immoral, however I think if I was a zombie I would think it was immoral that is if I could think at all lolz.

So I am kinda on the fence on this one. . .
edit on 30-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Is that immoral?

Dude, Augustus, sometimes I hate you & sometimes I freaking love you LoL

link   

I am saying with proper seasoning im pretty sure human meat would be just as good as bacon.

Not enough fava beans and chianti in the world to pull that off.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'd be best used for bacon. Mmmmmm, bacon.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

I think the actual consumption is a somewhat different matter which probably won't become relevant in many years if ever. I don't necessarily (strongly) oppose eating meat for nutrients and health reasons nor do I think that inflicting pain for survival is inherently wrong which is why I'm totally fine with eating plants and thereby hurting them (briefly). We need vegetables and plants to stay alive yet we don't need meat in the amounts we as people usually consume. It'd, for me, be a totally different situation if animals were kept in more humane and 'normal' conditions so to say, a bit like some organic free range farmers who offer the animal at least some dignity in life. However, few if any need the amounts of meat we consume these days nor do I see why it should necessarily be so cheap that it can be used as a snack by basically anyone.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Well I think it would depend on if the aliens really needed to eat them or not. Are they doing it for fun, taste, giggles, to help humanity, or just to try some well aged zombie meat? Do they have an alternative food source?

They eat them because to the aliens, zombies are kind of like an intergalactic Hákarl.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Wait, did my wife just start posting to ATS?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You'd probably like the anime series "Tokyo Ghoul". It's basically about a vegan zombie.

It's a good watch, goes into the morality of zombies (Or ghouls as they're called in the series) and their society which contains people who eat humans only because of the need for it, those who do it for pleasure, and those who abstain completely.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My responce personally.............

NOPE I DONT CARE.

Meat taste good, i'm hungry, therefor I eat Meat!

I not only Eat Meat, but i Hunt and eat the meat from the animal i kill.

I have a very very special place for all of gods creatures,
right between the mash potatoes and corn.

People may not like it, or they might like it, but personally i could care less,
opinions are like.... well we all know the rest of that one.

as long as i am alive i will eat meat, all kinds, cow, chicken, fish, moose, elk, deer, grouse.
Meat is good, taste good, smells good and hits the spot when you are hungry.
So others can cry and complain all they want. It matters not to me.

Meat is good, Meat is great Till i died Meat i ate.

Edit to add... personally i do not fully trust anyone who dose not eat meat. Its not normal, its not right, they complain about those of us who do eat meat, and put us down, but riddle me this...

what do they eat that is not killed?

Can anyone name just one thing
that a vegan eats that is not killed? anyone......
edit on 30-1-2015 by severdsoul because: Cause i wanted to

edit on 30-1-2015 by severdsoul because: because

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Do you believe other animals that are carnivorous are immoral too?
Do you refute the fact we have pointy teeth for biting meat as well as opposed to the smooth flat grinding teeth of herbivores?

Some animals eat meat and that's all there is to it.
Does that make lions, tigers, cats, dogs, owls, hawks, eagles, panther, lynx, shark, monkeys, apes, and thousands of other animals amoral?

I rather doubt it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

They eat them because to the aliens, zombies are kind of like an intergalactic Hákarl.

Well I guess that may be a bit immoral, however zombies are mindless undead right?

So since they are dead already I dont really see the immorality of it.

Go for it aliens!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Wait, did my wife just start posting to ATS?
You have a wife?!

Time to murder the hypotenuse.

Yandere, thy name is Railgun.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join