It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Ok I have been a healthy vegitarian my entire life and am still healthy at the age of 40, older folks in my family have been vegitarians for over 60 years and they are still healthy as ever.

No I am not on suppliments nor have I ever been.
Im not short im 6'1", nor am I skinny at all, if I dont diet and excercise I gain weight just like anyone else.

On to the point of the thread we dont need to eat meat to live a healthy life I am living proof of that.

There are various substitutes to eating meat would any of those stop you from eating meat?

What if they could make it taste the same or even 3d print meat for you would you eat it over the real thing then?

There are plenty of veggie meats that have fooled people into thinking they are real meat, would you eat these over real meat? I have tricked a few friends with vegi meat on multiple occasions just to see thier reactions.

I am guessing that most would still want real meat reguardless of how advanced fake meat is or how real it tastes because its not the real thing.

Is it moral to eat animals when you dont need to?

Do you even care at all about the possible immorality of eating animals when you dont need to as there are alternatives that can fool anyone?

Do we have the right to inflict suffering on creatures we consider ourselves more advanced than, then slaughter and eat them when there is no need to?

So what say you ATS will you always eat meat reguardless of how good the alternatives are? If so why or why not?

Simple question: Would you and your family eat meat if the only alternative were starvation and death? If the answer is yes, then I can't buy your argument as to morality. Because really you are just doing what is convenient for you, not holding to any firm principle. Not meaning this as an insult, just as an observation as regards the foundation of the OP's position.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

You'd probably like the anime series "Tokyo Ghoul". It's basically about a vegan zombie.

It's a good watch, goes into the morality of zombies (Or ghouls as they're called in the series) and their society which contains people who eat humans only because of the need for it, those who do it for pleasure, and those who abstain completely.

Yeah I used to watch lots of anime, theres some good stuff out there. Ill check it out thanks for the mention.
edit on 30-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm just here for the Bacon!

And beer.... Beer, Bacon and guns. Merica!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Talk about serendipity.

I went downstairs to get the dinning room ready for company and what do I find on the Persian carpet?

A half-digested, barfed up bird that my cat must have caught and eaten yesterday. Now, obviously, at this point, I know he is an immoral creature.

He could have barfed that up on the marble floor and made it soooooo much easier to clean up, but as any cat owner will tell you, he knew this would be the more disgusting route and opted for the path of unrepentant immorality.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I love boiled rabbit.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Boiled rabbit? Hmm i have never had that... made a rabbit stew before and made fried rabbit.
may have to try that one of these days.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: severdsoul
Boiled rabbit?

Heh. Pop culture reference.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

wasn't that from fatal attraction?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yes. And it would appear the re make is going to feature me, my wife and a certain railgun.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I despise pop culture but I fricken love rabbit. It is so ridiculously delicious. Must be all those carrots they keep as slaves for mealtime.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? Some questions keep me up at night.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

UH OH!!!! Sounds dangerous.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Ok I have been a healthy vegitarian my entire life and am still healthy at the age of 40, older folks in my family have been vegitarians for over 60 years and they are still healthy as ever.

No I am not on suppliments nor have I ever been.

Im not short im 6'1", nor am I skinny at all, if I dont diet and excercise I gain weight just like anyone else.

On to the point of the thread we dont need to eat meat to live a healthy life I am living proof of that.

There are various substitutes to eating meat would any of those stop you from eating meat?

What if they could make it taste the same or even 3d print meat for you would you eat it over the real thing then?

There are plenty of veggie meats that have fooled people into thinking they are real meat, would you eat these over real meat? I have tricked a few friends with vegi meat on multiple occasions just to see thier reactions.

I am guessing that most would still want real meat reguardless of how advanced fake meat is or how real it tastes because its not the real thing.

Is it moral to eat animals when you dont need to?

Do you even care at all about the possible immorality of eating animals when you dont need to as there are alternatives that can fool anyone?

Do we have the right to inflict suffering on creatures we consider ourselves more advanced than, then slaughter and eat them when there is no need to?

So what say you ATS will you always eat meat reguardless of how good the alternatives are? If so why or why not?

Simple question: Would you and your family eat meat if the only alternative were starvation and death? If the answer is yes, then I can't buy your argument as to morality. Because really you are just doing what is convenient for you, not holding to any firm principle. Not meaning this as an insult, just as an observation as regards the foundation of the OP's position.

I can only speak for myself. . . .
I dunno to tell you the truth, I have asked myself the same question multiple times. At first I am like nope I would just rather starve to death, however I think once hunger set in I may think otherwise, and eat whatever I can to stay alive. But who knows no way to ever know until that time comes.

I had a similar discussion with a friend and we were talking about if we were in a plane crash like the alive movie would we resort to cannabalism my friend said he would without a second thought, I had to really think about it, but said perhaps i would eat anything if I absolutly had to even other people in such a hypothetical situation.

However in retrospect when I think of it I dont mind dying of starvation due to an avoidance of cannabalism, I dont really fear death anymore maybe its my age, but I think heaven is a real place and our bodies are like clothes and have had a few outer body experiences to boot. So I dunno I might just welcome death when my time is up however it may come, through starvation, disease, old age, war, or whatever however I am in no hurry to die so I eat my daily meals. Now I have never eaten a piece of chicken, beef, any meats, or fish in my life, so you can imagine that food isnt something I am ever very exited about I eat to live not live to eat. I try different recipes and know how to make bland things like tofu taste good, "Just cut into cubes, add flour, fry till brown, add some soy sauce and its good. Add additional seasonings like garlic if needed." I lve simply, but dont consider myself better than anyone else. I try to think of animals like little people too, plants as well, but until I get a plant supplement, and live like superman on solar light I gotta eat tofu till I die.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
Do you think plants aren't living? And what about the facts that animals themselves eat animals?

I've asked the two questions that seem to me the key counter-points to what you are saying, in the most succinct way possible...I haven't read all the pages, but multiple, and while I've seen other make these points, albeit in more drawn out ways, I have not seen you respond to these points...care to address?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? Some questions keep me up at night.

That's not immoral, that's just racist.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Hay grows a whole lot faster and easier than a tomato or corn.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

Because people who enjoy meat don't enjoy being told that they are being immoral for enjoying meat. In the case of this retort it was done in response to a derisive and condescending OP that basically opened the door for that type of retribution. It's pretty obvious, if you lash at someone's beliefs, expect to get bit. The worst part about all this is now the OP is feigning shock that we would attack him like we did in this thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: lysacid

Hay grows a whole lot faster and easier than a tomato or corn.

Ok sure, but we only waste the space to grow hay so that we can feed the animals that are taking up so much more wasted space. It's a compounding problem, & the plants/animals won't be vindicated until all humans have been eradicated!
edit on 30-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's LordForms MO, I wouldn't get too riled up about it; enjoy the thread for what it has become lol
edit on 30-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You do what you like, but don't look down on me for realizing that my teeth make me an omnivore. Are you going to go out and chide the other animals for eating like their teeth and instincts guide them? If not, then stop telling me how I have to eat.

I regularly fish and eat what I catch. I know what happens to make those steaks and chicken legs I put in my pot. It's not pretty, but I also know that without my need to eat those cows and chickens would have no purpose to exist. Certainly the domestic turkey would definitely go extinct.

By all means, fell compassion for the animal to the point where you eat only plants, but stop trying to make everyone else do the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join