It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

How does your morality feel, knowing that plants feel pain? That they may even be somewhat telepathic/empathic? You see, the problem is, you think your better than everyone else, because you 'don't do, what they do.' But that entire thought process is WRONG. You are NOT better, you are NOT more MORAL, YOU Sir/Madam are simply another of god's creations, and have NO superiority to anyone. Take your self-righteousness and stuff it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Wow feeling insecure about your moral choices much?

Wow ATS shows thier true colors when asked a few simple questions about morality then go on a crusade of vegitarian hate speech rampage of moral insecurity because they cant speak to the questions of morality in the OP.
Its really pathetic to say the least.

In response I get attack after attack, everything form plants have feeling too ya know, to why dont you kill yourself.

I have not called anyone immoral, I put forth the question of morality in my OP.

I have not pushed my lifestyle choices on anyone saying any of you should stop eating meat, all I have done is ask a question of morality, when we have alternatives available.

I am not saying your bad people, and if you think your bad or immoral thats a personal thing, I am asking if what your doing is moral to you yourselves.

As to the continual banter on plants, yes if there were an alternative available I would gladly accept that, I see nothing wrong with that, and I do look foward to a replacement for vegi foods and plant based foods that may be light based or created at an atomic level. I do not feel good about the suffering of plants in order that I must live, and I would happily change my eating habits if I was presented with an alternative. I would consider it the morally correct decision. One which leaves less suffering rather than contributing to more suffering.

So I have seen that most posters wouldnt give up meat even if alternatives were available which tasted exactly the same, which says alot about what many think of animals, from thier perspective animals are a food source, thier right to life is superseded by your wish to consume them for dietary pleasure and dont feel that its immoral in the least bit.

I think of the golden rule "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself" however it doesnt apply to animals from your point of view even though there are alternatives available. When it comes to animals it would seem as though many just dont care.

edit on 30-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Wow feeling insecure about your moral choices much?

Wow ATS shows thier true colors when asked a few simple questions about morality then go on a crusade of vegitarian hate speech rampage of moral insecurity because they cant speak to the questions of morality in the OP.

Maybe don't attack our morals with your indignant attitude then.

In response I get attack after attack, everything form plants have feeling too ya know, to why dont you kill yourself.

Pointing out that plants feel pain isn't an attack against you, it is a response to your inquiry and a valid point.

I have not called anyone immoral, I put forth the question of morality in my OP.

Hey guy, when you tell people that an action they are doing is immoral, that means you are calling those people immoral. Don't try to play coy here. We all know what you were doing with the OP. Stop playing the victim when you started this whole thing with your original attitude.

I have not pushed my lifestyle choices onanyone saying any of you should stop eating meat, all I have done is ask a question of morality, when we have alternatives available.

I am not saying your bad people, and if you think your bad or immoral thats a personal thing, I am asking if what your doing is moral to you yourselves.

It is perfectly moral. I see no problems with eating meat or the ways we go about securing that meat. I also see no problems in how we do the same with vegetarian dishes. We ARE at the top of the food chain, if nature has a problem with the way we do things, then nature needs to kick us off the top.

As to the continual banter on plants, yes if there were an alternative available I would gladly accept that, I see nothing wrong with that, and I do look foward to a replacement for vegi foods and plant based foods that may be light based or created at an atomic level. I do not feel good about the suffering of plants in order that I must live, and I would happily change my eating habits if I was presented with an alternative. I would consider it the morally correct decision. One which leaves less suffering rather than contributing to more suffering.

Life is suffering. That is how life improves on itself through evolution.

So I have seen that most posters wouldnt give up meat even if alternatives were available which tasted exactly the same, which says alot about what many think of animals, from thier perspective animals are a food source, thier right to life is superseded by your wish to consume them for dietary pleasure and dont feel that its immoral in the least bit.

Correct, animals are a food source; just like plants. If I can eat it, I see no reason not to.

I think of the golden rule "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself" however it doesnt apply to animals from your point of view even though there are alternatives available. When it comes to animals it would seem as though many just dont care.

Yep. Animals don't feel the same things we do, don't experience the world like we do. They feel pain and misery, but you are in poor form by trying to put pure human emotions onto animals. You are the odd ball here. Life is all about killing itself to make itself better. We are the result of all that.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

If people are just eating meat because it tasts good would they eat human flesh as well?

Most illogical jump ever.......

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Besides which, you really aren't designed to eat unfermented soy. And I'd bet most if not all of your (it is to laugh) 'just like meat' simulacra are soy based.

Personally, I am not up for filling my body with long-lived pseudo-estrogens. You pasture the bull on the soybean field, you don't get calves. It's soy's way of making sure the plant eaters don't come back next year.

Nope, I'm all for eating meat. It's nature's way of converting waste biota like grasses into tasty food for us to enjoy.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You assume you have the moral authority to ask such a question.
And yes you did call meat eaters immoral
And please point out were someone said to go kill yourself? your making crap up now.

vegetarian hate speech? again where?

attack after attack .. their called OPINIONS m8, if you think the replies are attacks , remove yourself from ATS because you wont last 5 minutes here.

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

Yes you did say it was Immoral check your own thread title...

Less suffering? lol its life m8 !!! life feeds on life, energy needs more energy.

btw the plant discussions are NOT 'Banter' they are FACTS
If you are taking it as banter you are not listening to others opinions properly.

the sad thing is you missed a blinding opportunity with a poorly crafted and worded thread
maybe you should have said for the first time their are beings on this planet that 'CAN' make a choice .. so should we?

No you ranted about our immorality and how everyone is against you and your viewpoints. and how its just wrong to eat living things even though that's what you do on some level everyday.

BTW my brother and sister are both Vegans...

Q

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Without Sushi my life would be an empty shell devoid of any joy.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You guys are so mean
How dare you post pictures of meat while I'm trapped in school and having to wait 8 hours until dinner time. Now my stomach will be growling until lunch lol. But yeah what others have stated you shouldn't be forcing your opinions on what people should eat. Personally I usually eat salads with meat mixed in for lunch, and then I have a balanced dinner with either chicken, turkey, fish, or beef as the meat, i'm not much of a pork guy except for bacon and sausage. And eating most fake meats is not an option for me since i'm allergic to soy, and not to mention soy is actually very unhealthy for males to consume.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

F no I don't care. I eat meat. There is no immorality in it. Lets demonize lions, tigers, cats, dogs, pigs, fish, reptiles, birds, people well half the planet because we have a warped sense of reality.

Meat = Yummy. Meat = human brain evolution, from hunting large game and having tons of calories. Meat = my saturday afternoons as I prepare steak for the grill.

We eat cows, other things in turn end up eating us. It's the cycle of life. Lets not forget about all the microbes and living creatures we eat when we munch on plant matter. You think that stuff is sterile. Where's your outrage over the microbial holocaust that happens every time we eat a salad. You kill more life forms when you eat a salad then when you eat a steak. I'm gunna start calling over the top vegans E.T. it stands for every time. because every time they get on their high horse and eat a salad looking down on meat eaters they are actually killing more creatures than the guy eating the steak.

Meat good. Og's rant over now. Og eat meat right now.

link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Where is this magical replacement for a ribeye? Please show me. If it's cheaper, and better, I'll give it a shot. But if you want me to eat a veggie burger and pretend it's not veggies, sorry, not at all interested.

Remember, when meat is outlawed, only outlaws will have meat.

link   

I have thought of trying that 'Quorn' food but I've been thinking it for loooong time. I just don't like the thought of eating something that isn't what it once was (if that makes sense), I might try it instead of mince with my pasta but i don't think i'll be able to give up the chicken! Or the big Beefburger which you get with bacon from Burger King (On occasion).

But really I don't think I could give it up entirely and just be a vegan.... I love the taste of all the different sauces I can add to my meat! Besides, I can freeze meats, If I was to turn vegan, I'd have to go out everyday to get new veg!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

For me, that's a once or twice a month treat. Please, if you have any decency, don't tell me about how plentiful it is where you are. I beg you.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

No its just a lot of us are veteran ATSers here ,and we can spot indignation and attitude right off the bat....

And honestly we dont put up with it.......

its one thing to have a healthy discussion or debate, its another to try to barrage and insult people to try and get your point across.....

This sort of approach seems to be fairly normal with the militant vegan crowd.......

Most of us dont care what you eat or how vegan you are......

but you start trying to get in our face, and youre going to wind up with bacon in your underwear.....
edit on 1/30/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You know, I've never really understood the cognitive dissonance involved with making a soyburger that looks and tastes faintly like meat.

Why spend all the effort and expense trying to make vegetarian dishes seem like meat? Meat's supposed to be evil, right? You'd think a vegan would be repulsed by meat. But they pour the coals to trying to make their dishes "just like meat", and end up with a chemical cacophony of crap that is worse for you than the soy. Hell, the burger patties at the big chains aren't even vegan. They're lactoovo.

If you hated the thought of meat, why are you trying so hard to make the dishes taste like meat?

I'll tell you why. You LIKE meat. Why not just eat some?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

For me, that's a once or twice a month treat. Please, if you have any decency, don't tell me about how plentiful it is where you are. I beg you.

Had some fairly decent sushi and sashimi last night. Even here in the sticks. I suspect the fish was frozen at some point but they managed pretty well.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
People way over think food.

My thought process:

Am I faster/capable of obtaining said food? If yes, proceed.

Will said food harm me if consumed? If no, proceed.

Eat food.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I eat primarily vegan as a healthy lifestyle choice, I respect what limited animals I consume. There has to be some balance here.

I'm only responding because this reminds me of a valid point I heard a certain person make the other day, he said something like this,

"You know, some people don't eat meat simply because they love animals, so what? Vegetarians hate plants?".....

I know it's not helping your cause OP no offense intended there, but hearing that made me stop and think for a second, plus it was funny.

Balance and respect are key here I think
edit on 30-1-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It's a bi-weekly treat for me. Once a paycheck, I go have some sushi with some co-workers.

On topic: I have no problem with vegetarians or vegans. When I start to take issue with them is when, just like religious crowd, they try to start pushing their beliefs on me. I'm an omnivore. Do I NEED meat? Of course not. But it's tasty, a great source of protein, and good steak, cooked to perfection with just the right seasonings, is heavenly.

I do love veggies, I eat them quite frequently actually. Vegetables are a staple of the Japanese diet.

But to try to shove veganism down my throat only makes me want to eat a porkchop right in front of you.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am a Fruitarian; I believe all fruits & vegetables have thoughts, feelings, & even physical sensations.

Then I eat it them anyways.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I enjoy the heck out of being at the top of the food chain, though I believe that animal production and slaughter should be conducted in the most humane way possible. That being said, I have a little difficulty with vegetarians who take a moral stance against eating meat...but then crow about meat substitutes that 'taste just like meat' (it never does). Is there not a certain hypocrisy in pretend-meat?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join