It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: Google - Basic Model Same As NSA's.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Hello again ATS!

A quick perusal through my posting history will show that I tend to have one pet subject that really fires me up and gets me angry enough to sit at a keyboard and write like a man possessed...

That is the subject of Internet Freedom - particularly domestic spying.

I honestly could not tell you how many threads I have written on this subject. But it is easly in the double digits.

A few minutes ago I just happened across an article that covers three of my pet issues, all at once. Those being Julian Assange ( And trying to figure out exactly whose side he is on ), Internet privacy ( as mentioned above ) and the monstrosity we all know as Google.

Most of us on ATS are aware that Google is a massive data mining scheme parading as a public service. This news is nothing new at all. In fact there are many of us who have long believed that Google is an extention of any or all of the alphabet agencies. Google has a history of making deals with the Devil ( China for example ) in order to get access to that all important stream of information from individuals.

In other threads I have also covered the reality that these massive spying efforts, such as the NSA's Utah data fusion center, are not about focusing in on one person, but serve the purpose of analyzing trends to create large scale behavioral models. Real time snapshots of what one could call the collective conscious. These models could then be used to create counter-measures to bring back to the middle any spikes in one way of thinking or the other. These machines see us as a single organism, not as 7.5 billion individuals.

Now it seems that Julian Assange and I might be on the same page in thinking this way:

“That phrase, ‘evil empire,’ was introduced by Reagan in the 1980s to describe the Soviet empire. But of course encoded within that is that the other empire is not an evil empire. The U.S. empire is a ‘don’t be evil’ empire. And that phrase of “don’t be evil” was adopted by Google and promoted by Google in terms of how it was going to do things. And it was used quite effectively to lull people into a false sense that Google was a different type of company. Combined with its basic business model of creating a free services trap—‘your email is free, just give it all to us; this web search is free, just tell us all the things that you’re searching for’—permitted a perception that Google was not like a normal for-profit company, that it was not a great big U.S. institution that has all the same problems as companies like Coca-Cola or Lockheed Martin or Raytheon.

Google is an empire. There’s a question about what are the relationships to that empire. Who is it allied to? What is its ideological position? What is its basic business model? Its basic business model is the same as the National Security Agency—collect the world’s information, store it, index it and work out how to predict people based on that. That’s its basic business model. It can’t change from that. Its basic political alignments are reflected by the business deals it has with the U.S. government, its definition as being formally part of the U.S. industrial base, and the ideological views of its executive leadership, which are documented in the book, which can simply be described as, you know, American, centrist, aggressive American exceptionalism.”

Source

There it is, right from the horses mouth. If one starts reading between the lines with this information, the possibilities become, well, extremely frightening.

If Google, then we can assume Yahoo and Bing as well. All of that data... all of those little bits of activity...

Imagine them all fed into the same advanced computer, with the right Game Theory based software...

How often do you look around the world and ask yourself "Why doesn't America get up off it's collective ass and do something about our corrupt government?" How often has a major news story derailed your thoughts and intentions? How often has a movement been squelched because some horrific tragedy or event stole the limelight?

These are examples of how that cloud of information can be used to model group behavior and even offer up remedies. Folks angry about money - give them an Ebola scare! They'll stop wanting to even touch paper money! Did Congress push the limits of the populations patience? Hey look there, a school shooting! Is the economy about to collapse? You know what, Putin is reviving the old Demon of Communist Russia!

Think about it friends. Every single innocent ( or not so ) word we type into this fiber optic digital word empowers our enemies by giving them the power to predict our next move and to counter it. We are playing chess against a super computer here.

Now is the time for us all to up our game to Kasperov levels. Orwell was right and Big Brother knows our next move. This leaves us under the gun and behind the curve. We have to find a better strategy. We have to remain aware.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is kind of hard for me because I certainly think the globalist are capable of this and have that mentality to want to control mass/collective thought process or at least steer the thought process. But we can't give them magical powers. And I am not saying what you mention is magic by any means. But I am saying that by thinking that they control all these events is also saying that nothing else should or could be happening across the world or in a different control. That the only thing going on is that issue that we were all looking at?? No other things happening in the world.

Ofcourse there are false flag events but not everything is false flag

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Google and Facebook pay no corporation tax in the U.K, we all know this is in return for access to our on line activity.

Do No Evil, yeah right!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I didn't mean to imply that they control events. But I strongly believe they control how the events are covered, from what angle, with what spin, for how long, and with what tone. I would even be of a mind to assume that some news stories are complete fiction - created from whole cloth specifically to alter the mood of the herd.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

okay I agree with 75 percent of what you said

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
and that's nice Voltaire quote you have most people like the other one he has.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yes there is a active big brother but there is the little brother as well .Little brother is always scratching his head and always returning to the scene of the crime and going over his data to make sure he was correct.Little brother has grown and will never be a big brother but will always help others to join in . We know that big brother will fall and it will be a big fall .Little brothers come and some go but will remain .

It is almost getting predictable when they bring out their new evil ones every years around September .I guess you really want your target audience to not be on vacations and so back to work and back to your regular scheduled programming. a reply to: Hefficide

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It’s Not Just Spying – How the NSA Has Turned Into a Giant Profit Center for Corrupt Insiders

Are you just another one of those frustrated NSA employees who feels that unconstitutionally spying on your fellow citizenry under false pretenses isn’t giving you same thrill it once did? If so, have no fear. Are you are sick and tired of having to spilt your precious working hours defending the destruction of our nation’s founding document to those pesky terroristic media dinosaurs who still think investigative journalism belongs in Amerika? If so, have I got a solution for you. While it may sound too good to be true, trust me it’s not. You see, in recent years almost all crony-capitalist criminal activities have been deemed legal in the land of the free (to pillage). This incredible opportunity allows you to directly leverage your intelligence skill-set to earn the big bucks you know you’ve always deserved. You can now do just that by working in the private sector without having to give up that cushy government day job!

source please read as the quote does not do the article justice

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Key point to note here?

Google ADJUSTS search results to the user!! And not only that, results are equally manipulated to favour certain results. So of course google has to be in on SOME kind of agenda.

(Great read by the way, S&F!)
edit on 24-10-2014 by NoNameNeeded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Hello again ATS!

A quick perusal through my posting history will show that I tend to have one pet subject that really fires me up and gets me angry enough to sit at a keyboard and write like a man possessed...

That is the subject of Internet Freedom - particularly domestic spying.

I honestly could not tell you how many threads I have written on this subject. But it is easly in the double digits.

A few minutes ago I just happened across an article that covers three of my pet issues, all at once. Those being Julian Assange ( And trying to figure out exactly whose side he is on ), Internet privacy ( as mentioned above ) and the monstrosity we all know as Google.

Most of us on ATS are aware that Google is a massive data mining scheme parading as a public service. This news is nothing new at all. In fact there are many of us who have long believed that Google is an extention of any or all of the alphabet agencies. Google has a history of making deals with the Devil ( China for example ) in order to get access to that all important stream of information from individuals.

In other threads I have also covered the reality that these massive spying efforts, such as the NSA's Utah data fusion center, are not about focusing in on one person, but serve the purpose of analyzing trends to create large scale behavioral models. Real time snapshots of what one could call the collective conscious. These models could then be used to create counter-measures to bring back to the middle any spikes in one way of thinking or the other. These machines see us as a single organism, not as 7.5 billion individuals.

Now it seems that Julian Assange and I might be on the same page in thinking this way:

“That phrase, ‘evil empire,’ was introduced by Reagan in the 1980s to describe the Soviet empire. But of course encoded within that is that the other empire is not an evil empire. The U.S. empire is a ‘don’t be evil’ empire. And that phrase of “don’t be evil” was adopted by Google and promoted by Google in terms of how it was going to do things. And it was used quite effectively to lull people into a false sense that Google was a different type of company. Combined with its basic business model of creating a free services trap—‘your email is free, just give it all to us; this web search is free, just tell us all the things that you’re searching for’—permitted a perception that Google was not like a normal for-profit company, that it was not a great big U.S. institution that has all the same problems as companies like Coca-Cola or Lockheed Martin or Raytheon.

Google is an empire. There’s a question about what are the relationships to that empire. Who is it allied to? What is its ideological position? What is its basic business model? Its basic business model is the same as the National Security Agency—collect the world’s information, store it, index it and work out how to predict people based on that. That’s its basic business model. It can’t change from that. Its basic political alignments are reflected by the business deals it has with the U.S. government, its definition as being formally part of the U.S. industrial base, and the ideological views of its executive leadership, which are documented in the book, which can simply be described as, you know, American, centrist, aggressive American exceptionalism.”

Source

There it is, right from the horses mouth. If one starts reading between the lines with this information, the possibilities become, well, extremely frightening.

If Google, then we can assume Yahoo and Bing as well. All of that data... all of those little bits of activity...

Imagine them all fed into the same advanced computer, with the right Game Theory based software...

How often do you look around the world and ask yourself "Why doesn't America get up off it's collective ass and do something about our corrupt government?" How often has a major news story derailed your thoughts and intentions? How often has a movement been squelched because some horrific tragedy or event stole the limelight?

These are examples of how that cloud of information can be used to model group behavior and even offer up remedies. Folks angry about money - give them an Ebola scare! They'll stop wanting to even touch paper money! Did Congress push the limits of the populations patience? Hey look there, a school shooting! Is the economy about to collapse? You know what, Putin is reviving the old Demon of Communist Russia!

Think about it friends. Every single innocent ( or not so ) word we type into this fiber optic digital word empowers our enemies by giving them the power to predict our next move and to counter it. We are playing chess against a super computer here.

Now is the time for us all to up our game to Kasperov levels. Orwell was right and Big Brother knows our next move. This leaves us under the gun and behind the curve. We have to find a better strategy. We have to remain aware.

Thanks for your time.

Thing is, what to do? I did do one thing as I had Google Chrome browser still on the programme books and deleted it even though some of the content is being used by AOLUK, however when I did delete it I was asked why, and simply told them that they are compliant to the NSA. There is no response as yet, nor likely to be. Their recent data request removal actions are very questionable and equates to a reclassification of data to secret that has been online for years, Youtube is full of bull, sometimes the screen is so full of unwanted alternatives, blocking ads by segments within a youtube piece, AKA a commercial break exactly as given on mainstream TV and absolutely nothing to do with the original ideal of the internet of info sharing for the common good.
But maybe, just maybe, people will recognise the shift and understand that something that was good and immediate for a time..like Youtube, is now something of a derisive force and bastardized by non other than Google themselves.
That IMHO is a deliberate act.

edit on 24-10-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Using startpage instead of google is a great start to increase your security.

Also, remaining logged off from sites like facebook and google services

For email use a personal server or a secure and private online one (I believe there are privacy respecting alternatives to gmail)

But mainly the first two imo. Don't stay logged in on gmail/youtube/... Nor on other services that are suspicious, and use startpage instead of google search!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoNameNeeded

GOOGLE ADJUSTS SEARCH RESULTS TO THE USER! And not only that, results are equally manipulated to favour certain results. So of course google has to be in on SOME kind of agenda.

About 11 yrs ago on slashdot there was a post that was about a CIA director taking a position as a Google executive, I believe it was cto not sure.

Where your post fits in; later when trying to Google search for the post I could not find anything even close to it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
This is kind of hard for me because I certainly think the globalist are capable of this and have that mentality to want to control mass/collective thought process or at least steer the thought process. But we can't give them magical powers. And I am not saying what you mention is magic by any means. But I am saying that by thinking that they control all these events is also saying that nothing else should or could be happening across the world or in a different control. That the only thing going on is that issue that we were all looking at?? No other things happening in the world.

Ofcourse there are false flag events but not everything is false flag

Magical powers are not necessary, and that's by your own definition. To bring in false flags per se is a non issue here. That things happen in a 'different control' is not in doubt, but is also a non issue, it's all controllable, natural events aside.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Are you sure you are not over-thinking this? Google wanted to make a billion dollars. They did. That was their motivation, their determination, and still what drives them. We still use it, because it's still the best.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Absolutely positive. In fact since writing the OP I found this article in Wired - From four years back that essentially validates my suppositions in the OP.

The investment arms of the CIA and Google are both backing a company that monitors the web in real time — and says it uses that information to predict the future.

The company is called Recorded Future, and it scours tens of thousands of websites, blogs and Twitter accounts to find the relationships between people, organizations, actions and incidents — both present and still-to-come. In a white paper, the company says its temporal analytics engine “goes beyond search” by “looking at the ‘invisible links’ between documents that talk about the same, or related, entities and events.”

The idea is to figure out for each incident who was involved, where it happened and when it might go down. Recorded Future then plots that chatter, showing online “momentum” for any given event.

“The cool thing is, you can actually predict the curve, in many cases,” says company CEO Christopher Ahlberg, a former Swedish Army Ranger with a PhD in computer science.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Okay, yeah. I remember reading long ago that Facebook is heavily funded by CIA and LE agencies. So why not google?
The long arm of the law.

But Heff, do you really care? I mean, as long as we aren't preparing some type of coup, or something, why worry about it?

I really don't think I will. Do you really? Or is it just the idea of it?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Okay, yeah. I remember reading long ago that Facebook is heavily funded by CIA and LE agencies. So why not google?
The long arm of the law.

But Heff, do you really care? I mean, as long as we aren't preparing some type of coup, or something, why worry about it?

I really don't think I will. Do you really? Or is it just the idea of it?

You're not getting the point

If its true then the internet is "manipulated" to turn the eye away from events that could well lead in the long run to ideas of a coup etc. instead, we get ebola, shootings,... To focus our attention on.

Maybe if google etc were not what they were, online dialogue and even public dialogue would have long focused on CONTINUING problems rather than continually get distracted...

Obviously I stand corrected if this is not what Hefficide is referring to

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

The idea that there may be a computer system in existence that is using Game Theory to predict the behavior of large segments of the population does both interest and terrify me. The potential applications of such a machine go far beyond a simple tool of distraction or a means of "nudging" the herd. This is the stuff of pure science fiction - a tool that could be used to lead people into any state desired.

Mass hysteria...
Mass apathy...
Mass hatred...

It's like a bridle in a horses mouth. Being able to guage and model broad human reaction, in real time is a very dangerous thing. Media has gotten very good at exploiting people already. Imagine if they could literally see the effect that their words were having, as they spoke them? Would truth then be replaced by whatever might cause the desired effect?

I'm only scratching the surface of the profoundly perverse uses such a system could render.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NoNameNeeded

Hm. It's rather like ATS. We the users, create what we want to discuss.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Absolutely good points. But still, I think most of us are astute enough to know when something is real vs. fake. I can almost always smell a rat.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join