It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Afraid America, ISIS is Coming!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I was referencing "1984".

Apologies, feeling a bit obscure today.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This whole ISIS thing is a dilemma for many.

Contrasts
We have a Liberal Democrat Administration that traditionally bashes FoxNews.

We have FoxNews that traditionally bashes Liberal Democrats and the Administration.

Focus
We have FoxNews (and others) pressing the ISIS button.

We have the Administration pressing the ISIS button.

We have a very complicated situation in Syria/Iraq.

We have traditional war protesting that seems to be absent all of a sudden.

Does anybody actually know what's going on?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I do, I do, yes, yes, my crystal ball said that we are going to have another war in the middle east and the road is been paved for the next Republican president.

I been sarcastic.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Try this:

There is a risk and a threat

BUT

The Government and main stream media are hyping it up beyond what it is.

Yes a attack or attacks MAY happen but they likely wont kill more than single or double digits or at worst a 100 or so. Population of the USA is What 350 million? Europe 450 million? So the chance of dying in a terrorist attack is likely lower than being a victim of a normal murder.
edit on 29-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: neo96

Darn neo thanks for the political history lesson on the political agendas behind the scaremongering of terrorism about to hit our backyards.

Speaking of political agendas:

That is what radical isamic fascism is. A political war not fought with words or debate.

But barbarism, and bullets.

The political agendas from the US is nothing, but a bastardization of what the function of our military was suppose to be.

The function of our military is not fighting ebola,climate change, humanitarian 'assistance', winning hearts, and minds, and every other apparent political agenda that is out there.

War is the result when diplomacy has failed.

Our military is an asset of the state created to fight other state.

By a set standard of rules such as the geneva's conventions etc.

'Terrorism' should be added to that list of political agendas right along with those other pet projects.

Although terrorism is also not an issue for 'lawyers either.

I have no answers to terrorism the only thing the west has to do is basically be breathing to upset them over there.

I do know for over 60 years what the west has done has not been working.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They think on capitol hill.

But it is sheer epic stupidity of trying to 'fight' terrorism' we are aiding, and abetting terrorists.

The 'good' terrorists' Saudi Arabia, Qatar,Kuwait, and every other Sunni ally.

The 'bad' terrorists' Iran, Syria, and every other Shia ally.

Is there anyone wonder we are so screwed.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Rob paul to give to Mark if you ask me when it comes to who we choose to align ourselves with.

As much as I don't like to say it, Bill Maher's rant about how liberals don't stand up for liberal principles was right, although I don't think approval of genocide is a partisan issue, his overall point was great.

Just look at Saudi Arabia, one of the worst offenders of human rights and who allow radical islam to basically run the place.

Best friends with them tho.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: jaws1975
The Boston bombing was a trial run for what we will be seing in the near future. False flag attacks, with isis being the patsy. It's so transparent, it's almost ridiculous. No wonder why conspiracy theorists are such a threat to the establishment.

I doubt that. Boston Bombing was just that...a bombing. There is really no "terror" behind that for people. The whole thing with beheading, to me, goes back to a fear almost everyone has....being cut. I don't know a single person in my life that hasn't had a cut at some point in their lives.....they know what it feels like and as such can justify a fear. I don't know anyone that has been in a bomb blast and relatively few that have been shot so the fear is not from knowing what it feels like but more what people see in the movies. If you can relate to an actual experience someone has had then it makes the "terror" that much more terrifying. I can understand what it feels like to have a bad cut, and as such I can comprehend the feeling of terror from having my head cut off.

If they are going to induce terror in the US, it will certainly have to come from a very different type of act than a simple bombing or shooting. If they were able to lock down a subway or a major sports event venue and just start beheading people left and right.....now that would create some terror and chaos, especially if it was planned and executed at multiple locations at the same time.

Outside of that scenario, I just don't see these guy being able to do much with terror in the US.....we typically don't stand for it, and I would guarantee that a LOT more here would fight back than have elsewhere. ISIS wouldn't stand a chance.

Of course there was terror in the Boston bombing, that's why it's called terrorism! You are getting caught up in the semantics of what kind of terrorism is used. I don't personally believe that ISIS poses a threat to the American public, but listen to all the politicians who are screaming from the rooftops about the threats we face and you might just believe them. Where's the credible intel? Where is evidence, as opposed to empty words?

So I guess my question is why are American politicians doing ISIS's job of dispensing propaganda?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This whole ISIS thing is a dilemma for many.

Contrasts
We have a Liberal Democrat Administration that traditionally bashes FoxNews.

We have FoxNews that traditionally bashes Liberal Democrats and the Administration.

Focus
We have FoxNews (and others) pressing the ISIS button.

We have the Administration pressing the ISIS button.

We have traditional war protesting that seems to be absent all of a sudden.

uhmm...yes...there are people that do know what is going on. there are people here on ATS that have information which does not come from the MSM. many have trusted contacts and sources outside of the MSM for verification.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Just look at Saudi Arabia, one of the worst offenders of human rights and who allow radical islam to basically run the place.

BY all rights Saudi should be on the state sponsors of terrorism. Right along with Iran.

And all our arab 'allies'.

They should be sanctioned.

Their oil banned.

They should be on the state sponsors of terrorists list.

And our idiot lawmakers need to be fired.
edit on 29-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

But where are the organized war protests?

We saw them to a point last year when Obama and Kerry tried to sell the "bomb Syria" stories.

Last year it was the chemical attacks.

This year it's the ISIS.

Hmmm.

People are stuck with their support priorities I think.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Government's don't care about human right's abuses, they care about power, and control of resources. We all know why Saudi Arabia has a perpetual get out of jail free card.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Government's don't care about human right's abuses, they care about power, and control of resources. We all know why Saudi Arabia has a perpetual get out of jail free card.

Because American potus's since FDR don't have the snips to.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Divide and conquer SOP.
The way they cast the light thinkers can't tell if its Spring or Fall.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Being anti-war when the bad guys are terrorists is like being in favor killing babies. It's a very unpopular opinion to take. I'm really not surprised that this card has been dealt, especially after the whole chemical weapons in Syria thing didn't get the American public on board.

"Okay then, break out some new terrorists...no one says no to killing terrorists!"

News organizations won't investigate or call out inconsistencies with terrorism, it's a sure way to get slaughtered in the ratings.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Ya, but why would they, it's modern day colonialism, with the petrodollar as it's backbone.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Ya, but why would they, it's modern day colonialism, with the petrodollar as it's backbone.

By radical islamic fascists.

Alot of people seem to 'ignore' that fact.

That 'war' within Islam has encompassed almost the entirety of the ME.

Sunni 'fire' fighting 'Shia' fire.

Hell as per the topic, and the actions of ISIS.

They were building there very own 'colony'.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Says breitbart and foxnews parroting brietbart.
Hardly unbiased sources when it comes to spreading the fear we are speaking of

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

But there was plenty of organized anti war protests after the Afghanistan and Iraq invasions of 2001 and 2003.

The Taliban, al-Qaeda and WMD's were the themes then.

I still am wondering where the organized protesting is now?

Unless they are waiting until after the elections.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the vid . I hadn't seen this one before and it doesn't really show anything new but defiantly put's it into a story that is similar to what I had went through .It's also a good reminder when looking at what we are being told by the MSM ....peace a reply to: seasoul

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join