It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Triangle UFOs and an Alleged Breakaway Civilization- Discuss

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone

Just checking ATS, it appears Boeing have filed a patent for an Ablative Laser power plant so anyone sitting there saying Orion didnt go any further should consider the time that has elapsed since it was "cancelled" and Boeing's patent.

And that's just one of the many ways in which a nuclear powerplant could be used to power a spacecraft other than the Orion concept. There are plenty of other concepts around, that have been around since the seventies at least. A nuclear heat transfer rocket motor, or a nuclear powered electric rocket engine, to name a few.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: engineercutout

I totally buy DUMB (deep underground military bases) for MAD
avoidance.

But the amount of fuel it takes to get mammoth structures
into orbit means nobody has ever done it,

unless you do graphene space tethers or something like that,
and we haven't.

So actually I've always been surprised that we HAVEN'T
done the MAD thing in space.

In fact I've taken that as a clue to other, more likely
explanations.

Kev

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Lowering the payload costs through whatever clandestine means might be available would make it easier, but I think you're missing something here.

We woulndn't need to take every required piece of equipment up from the planet, we would only need to develop the ability to work existing off planet materials. You wouldn't need to launch a whole city. You might need to launch a sawmill or two, though.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: engineercutout

Lowering the payload costs through whatever clandestine means might be available would make it easier, but I think you're missing something here.

We woulndn't need to take every required piece of equipment up from the planet, we would only need to develop the ability to work existing off planet materials. You wouldn't need to launch a whole city. You might need to launch a sawmill or two, though.

Not at all.

I'ts not like we can lift 'auto factories' into orbit like in
SCI FI books.

Contrary to common opinion, it's DANG tough to
accomplish any of these things.

Even to 'bootstrap' your way into mining asteroids
and what not to get where we'd need to go will
be a supreme effort,

and humans haven't done it yet.

Nice to chat BTW ;-)

Kev

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I just wanted to say that this is my favorite thread on ATS and that I enjoy everything that everyone adds to this ongoing conversation. I have lurked on this thread since page 1 and have kept up with it thus far.

I had a feeling after reading the forevermen material that I couldn't shake. My mind got hooked on the idea and it's still hooked to this day. I am a big comicbook fan so for me the forevermen story is like Avengers Forever. It is a narrative that goes back and ties together loose story arcs and fixes continuum conflicts and creates a better understanding of an existing timeline.

Was Jupiter Ascending disclosure of the forevermen story? Or was the forevermen story the backstory for the movie Jupiter Ascending?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: deviloshdoughnuts

Humans being harvested --- ugh.

Kev

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Hey Kev. The usual caveats as to belief... buuut...

One of the points of the narrative was that there were caches of high tech equipment sequestered everywhere in this solar neighborhood... even on ol' Terra... likely for such a contingency, i.e. a several eon long dark age, heh, and a means to crawl out of the gravity well and restart civilization.

I hope not all the elements are 'true' ... but ... it might well be.

And the breakaway element is important there... meaning the regular govts have some of this tech, too, from the early days, before the alleged divergence of mission... and that's where I sure hope it is a well constructed fable, because a govt with the means to manipulate mass (or singular) consciousness is a potential nightmare that just gets worse the more one thinks about it... Orwell was SO last century.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

If the governments had any of 'the tech'
we'd have seen it used as a weapon.

The first piece of wood picked up by
a human was used to kill.

Then there are the secrecy issues.

Heck the US couldn't even hide the fact
they were listening to our phone calls
for very long. There was basically
nothing like a football stadium sized
spacecraft to hide...nothing tangible
at all...and they couldn't keep such
a minor secret.

But I know I'm being a party pooper.

Kev

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Well, short term big secrets can be kept. It wasn't until after WWII my grandfather realized that the electrical components he worked on were part of the Manhattan project. Compartmentalization and "need to know" can go a long way.

Also, a program this secret would likely recruit orphans and people without family or friends. With few connections to anyone on Earth, the program itself would become their family.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

www.youtube.com...

i posted this video in the aviation section but this video claims to so triangle craft coming out of the ocean and the photos were taken in the 70's from a US sub.

just a little food for thought

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

This narrative is the very definition
of an ultra long term secret with
individual components the size
of houses!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Alaska is almost half again the size of Texas with only 500,000 people. We have more coast line than the rest of the entire USA put together. You could very easily hide something, launch something, build something, or test something here...no one would know.

That's just an example. I'd be surprised if they *didn't* use the ocean to hide some of these projects. Underwater bases would be great for testing life support systems. 02 scrubbers, water re-claimers, atmospheric regulators...All of these in turn used in space.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
DUPE!

See, I really am human.

edit on 10-7-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: deviloshdoughnuts
I just wanted to say that this is my favorite thread on ATS and that I enjoy everything that everyone adds to this ongoing conversation. I have lurked on this thread since page 1 and have kept up with it thus far.

I had a feeling after reading the forevermen material that I couldn't shake. My mind got hooked on the idea and it's still hooked to this day. I am a big comicbook fan so for me the forevermen story is like Avengers Forever. It is a narrative that goes back and ties together loose story arcs and fixes continuum conflicts and creates a better understanding of an existing timeline.

Was Jupiter Ascending disclosure of the forevermen story? Or was the forevermen story the backstory for the movie Jupiter Ascending?

Almost like it was psychologically crafted to hit deep chords with some, huh?

edit on 10-7-2015 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

And that's exactly what I meant by this being more than the average singular hoax... I'm not (despite some really strange experiences) very prone to fantastic thinking, and if I'm waking up every few weeks with the conviction a secret space force was speaking to me in my sleep, then my hubris compels me to think it's something more than just wishful thinking.

So .. .either a well orchestrated psy-op or some truth, as I see it... not just one guy making wild claims (heh, at least three making them!).

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Let's not forget that there's a new show called "Ascension" about Project Orion out right now too.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

And Kev, how in the heck would we know if such consciousness warping devises had or hadn't been used as a weapon? Even if used on ourselves?

There are certainly enough hearsay tales about Iraqis giving up en masse in the first Gulf War to make one go "Hmmm?"

Just keeping the Devil's Advocate viewpoint going.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

There are plenty of complexities to it, my brother, that I admit make it not so easily resolved. I have had my own intense experiences in this environment...but that's one reason why I wonder who might be behind it.

On the other hand, I found my break from the boards rather refreshing and centering. I wonder--should you take a break as well--what affect that MIGHT have on your dreams. Bro hug.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

My dreams would likely just get weirder...

But I'm keeping my addiction to this place limited to daytime forays during work... : ]

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

My year away did me a lot of good too.

I would like to ensure that any of the old regulars in this thread
understand that I'm probably one can short of a six pack myself;
that I'm not pointing any fingers or judging anyone.

Kev

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join