It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians put a Hex on me?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging

I'm going to go with you both having no clue, but that is just the agnostic in me. You are free to ignore all the evidence that suggests that NDE's are a result of a drug trip your mind goes through, and he is free to ignore the intensity of the experience as evidence of an afterlife. Though I bet you'll both find out once your hearts stop beating for good.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I don't know about that, there have been a plethora of evidence over the ages suggesting something more out there than what we physically see. It is just that science had denied it for so long because the science of the time could not comprehend it. Presently though, with the major advances in physics, science has been getting a lot closer to understanding everything that is out there.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Oh you must be referring to Dimethyltryptamine being released in the brain upon death and falling asleep which causes intense so called hallucinations. Well you can believe that that chemical is just a drug and I will go on believing that it could be more than just a drug.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging
I don't know about that, there have been a plethora of evidence over the ages suggesting something more out there than what we physically see. It is just that science had denied it for so long because the science of the time could not comprehend it. Presently though, with the major advances in physics, science has been getting a lot closer to understanding everything that is out there.

If it exists, post it for all to see. End the discussion here and now.

Oh you must be referring to Dimethyltryptamine being released in the brain upon death and falling asleep which causes intense so called hallucinations. Well you can believe that that chemical is just a drug and I will go on believing that it could be more than just a drug.

Did you not get the part where I said I'm agnostic? Do you not know what that means? Hint: I don't believe either of the two scenarios.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Lol I'm not here to prove anything for you man, that falls under your own responsibility. You have the right to believe in whatever you so choose, and so do I. However that doesn't make any of us right. When it comes down to it none of us will really know until the end, that's why trying to prove one or the other is like beating a dead horse; it's unnecessary.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'll freely admit before i even get started that im probably wasting my time with this post. alot of prick-waving & closed minds; lines drawn in the sand where no one wants to come to a consensus. i'm right, you're wrong & that's IT, period.

Let me begin by thanking the poster that mentioned lucifer, i didn't know that, i learned something today, so thanks for that. (Look up Azazel and see something similar. I believe he was a watcher)

Now, for these science WORSHIPERS around here, you're being kinda disingenuous aint you? Science is your religion, just admit it; there's no harm in it as long as you will admit it & stop lying to yourself, and us. You lump most christians as inbred r-tards that believe in fantasy, hate science & have no common sense or intelligence worth talking about, BUT when confronted with things like NDE, no alpha, delta or theta waves, and yet ppl tell you what happened around them, you just slug it off? you can't have your cake & eat it too, sorry. either pick a standard, and stand by it, or consider yourself a hypocrite like the ppl you condemn.

No proof in God, yet science is "rational"?

Big bang

Gerald Schroeder has a double doctorate from MIT, that link explains how the big bang & the book of Genesis can agree with each other. scientists, (like Degrasse Tyson, whom i love btw, brilliant man) says we only understand FOUR PERCENT when it comes to the universe, especially regarding dark matter & energy; mere placeholders really, the terms mean nothing.

FOUR PERCENT!

I wouldn't let you work on my CAR if you only knew 4% of it, let alone how i'm supposed feel about the origins of man or how the universe came to be?!

Now who is asking for FAITH?

And let's not even mention "the narrative" concerning giants bones, & skulls from Peru & the like that are elongated and have 1.5 more times volume than a regular human skull, (which negates the banding argument) and have only ONE suture as opposed to two like the rest of humanity has.

But these truths don't support "the plan" do they? oh hell no, therefore they must be mocked, ridiculed, maligned & forgotten, and YET "religious types" are the ones with an agenda, really?

As for the OP i think its flame bait. As one poster already said, its supposed to be about hexes, but no real mentioning of it. There is also alot of condescension here, so wth would someone wanna dialogue with that kind of attitude? Try talking TO ppl, not AT them.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Grimpachi

Dude there isn't anything after death it is just the end. I have been there done it got the pic to prove it and I don't advise rushing to the end so take some advice enjoy what is in the here and now because that's all you get.

You have pics? Oh goody, I wanta see?

And you're disappointed? I can't believe I ever gave you any respect at all!

Do you also know the secrets of the multiverse Grim?

I sent you a U2U I hope you don't go posting that pic anywhere as that was the day I died what isn't shown is the cavitation in my chest wound.

I had flat lined eight times that I know of that 24 hr period and was pronounced DOA from the medivac. As far as your respect I don't care but there you have it. I probably did have hallucinations the first couple times not that I remember but I do remember coming out of it briefly at times.

But sorry no afterlife to report.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: Grimpachi
How do you figure your videos of second had tellings can possibly destroy my first hand experience? Man you have to be joking because you made me laugh with that statement.

Credibility for starters...

Saying things such as this, destroys it:

Your experience is a NDE...

But Colton Burpo's is a NDE/hallucination.

Your experience is first hand experience.

Colton Burpo's is a 'second hand telling'.

And you tell me I am in denial?

Yes I believe you are in denial as far as I am concerned all NDE experiences are hallucinations and fabrications.

You can believe Colton Burpo if you wish I don't really care but thats nothing but a pipe dream. maybe you need to believe but I can't deny what I experienced. My experience was there is no afterlife.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude
Now, for these science WORSHIPERS around here, you're being kinda disingenuous aint you? Science is your religion, just admit it; there's no harm in it as long as you will admit it & stop lying to yourself, and us. You lump most christians as inbred r-tards that believe in fantasy, hate science & have no common sense or intelligence worth talking about, BUT when confronted with things like NDE, no alpha, delta or theta waves, and yet ppl tell you what happened around them, you just slug it off? you can't have your cake & eat it too, sorry. either pick a standard, and stand by it, or consider yourself a hypocrite like the ppl you condemn.

What are you talking about? Anything science cannot explain, it says that it doesn't know. So those things you are accusing of shrugging off are all things that science doesn't have an answer for. It doesn't mean that there ISN'T a scientific answer for it, we just haven't hypothesized one yet because enough objective and testable evidence cannot be produced to produce a good hypothesis.

As to your point about people telling you things and science not accepting it; that is called anecdotal evidence. While that may be valid as a form of legal evidence, it is not considered valid scientific evidence. It can be used to help build a case around valid evidence though, but it can NEVER be used as primary evidence.

Lastly, science isn't a religion. Science has the scientific method. That is the only ritual (if you could call it that) that science prescribes to. Anything that doesn't utilize the scientific method isn't science. Most pseudo-science falls into that category since they make assumptions about things then build evidence to support it. Science cannot start with a confirmation bias.

No proof in God, yet science is "rational"?

Big bang

Gerald Schroeder has a double doctorate from MIT, that link explains how the big bang & the book of Genesis can agree with each other. scientists, (like Degrasse Tyson, whom i love btw, brilliant man) says we only understand FOUR PERCENT when it comes to the universe, especially regarding dark matter & energy; mere placeholders really, the terms mean nothing.

While saying that God is the answer to why and science (or its processes) are the answer to how is certainly a valid answer for things, it makes an assumption (that god exists). That is something that we don't have enough evidence to say one way or the other for, so it is an answer that is currently outside valid science. You are more than welcome to believe in god if you understand that it uses scientific processes to develop the universe.

FOUR PERCENT!

I wouldn't let you work on my CAR if you only knew 4% of it, let alone how i'm supposed feel about the origins of man or how the universe came to be?!

This is a TERRIBLE analogy. Just because we don't understand everything there is to know about a subject, doesn't invalidate what we do know about it. Also, humans invented cars. Not being able to fully understand the workings of a car is VASTLY different than not understanding where humans came from. Strawman argument there.

Now who is asking for FAITH?

And let's not even mention "the narrative" concerning giants bones, & skulls from Peru & the like that are elongated and have 1.5 more times volume than a regular human skull, (which negates the banding argument) and have only ONE suture as opposed to two like the rest of humanity has.

But these truths don't support "the plan" do they? oh hell no, therefore they must be mocked, ridiculed, maligned & forgotten, and YET "religious types" are the ones with an agenda, really?

Can you produce any evidence of this that science hasn't debunked as fraudulent or misrepresented? Can you also highlight, WHO exactly is suppressing this information with links and evidence to back it up? Do you have answers for what those bones may be? If you do then you are making an assumption, because if science can't explain it, it doesn't substitute the answer, "aliens", or "angels", or some other monster.

As for the OP i think its flame bait. As one poster already said, its supposed to be about hexes, but no real mentioning of it. There is also alot of condescension here, so wth would someone wanna dialogue with that kind of attitude? Try talking TO ppl, not AT them.

I'm talking to you, rationally at that, so address me instead.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging

My point is that nothing is proven. We know anything 100%. No one has the true picture, the only valid answer is "I don't know." BUT that doesn't mean we cannot accumulate evidence and hypothesize trends and events based on said evidence. But one must always understand that those predictions may not be correct since we don't know everything. Agnosticism. Anything else is an assumption or lying to yourself to make you feel better.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: NavyDoc

Darwinism destroys that premise.

I don't believe a word science FICTION says any more than I would believe any thing that politicians say.

Science is the biggest fraud in history and nothing but a MASSIVE form of mind control...

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe.

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

With the discovery of genes and DNA, Darwin was shown to be lacking. That's how science works--observations are made, theories are made to explain what is observed, those theories get tested, new technology changes what can be observed, and theories are rejected, held, or built upon.

Early 20th century geneticists thought that natural selection was too weak to take random mutation and do anything with it. The founders of population genetics and systemists in biology by mathematical paraphernalia showed that gradual allele frequency change over time in populations of organisms was possible ( supported by experiment since ) and jumps in mutational events were not necessary.

Plus the fact that Darwin's original theory had a mechanism of heredity, blending, that could not work with natural selection.

That Darwin's theories are no longer accepted does not invalidate the scientific method. In fact, it validates it.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I hope you don't go posting that pic anywhere

Bit of more than I could chew that time.
I have to say I hope you know I would never do such a thing.
At the same time I understand you having to say that.
Now you've gained respect in a different way.
Thanks for the trust!

edit on Rpm91514v34201400000018 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

a reply to: graceunderpressure
No it does not make it less real, however it only shows the sun through your own flawed and biased perception. Please don't take offence, I am of the philosophy that everyone's perception is flawed and biased.
Why would I take offense to someone underscoring my point? Any self-centric view of God is inherently flawed, not to mention myopic.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I already sent you a U2U but I will say it here as well.

I figured I could trust you with that pic and I am glad I was right that I could.

Anyway that is why I say there is nothing after this. If there is nothing was shown to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I concede completely.

Til next time.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I had flat lined eight times that I know of that 24 hr period and was pronounced DOA from the medivac. As far as your respect I don't care but there you have it. I probably did have hallucinations the first couple times not that I remember but I do remember coming out of it briefly at times.

Grim, this interests me. What exactly did you experience after flat-lining? Do you remember anything? Is it possible that you just forgot, as one forgets a dream upon awakening?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

How do you figure your videos of second had tellings can possibly destroy my first hand experience? Man you have to be joking because you made me laugh with that statement.

Credibility for starters...

Saying things such as this, destroys it:

Your experience is a NDE...

But Colton Burpo's is a NDE/hallucination.

Your experience is first hand experience.

Colton Burpo's is a 'second hand telling'.

And you tell me I am in denial?

Yes I believe you are in denial as far as I am concerned all NDE experiences are hallucinations and fabrications.

You can believe Colton Burpo if you wish I don't really care but thats nothing but a pipe dream. maybe you need to believe but I can't deny what I experienced. My experience was there is no afterlife.

Are you sure everyone will experiance after life? Is that what the Bible tels us?
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

Lol because when I re read what I had wrote it looked like it could come off condescending, so I wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't trying to be.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Sorry for giving you any nightmares with that pic Randy. It really is amazing what the medical field can do now because if that had happened 10 years earlier I probably wouldn't have made it.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure

Grim, this interests me. What exactly did you experience after flat-lining? Do you remember anything? Is it possible that you just forgot, as one forgets a dream upon awakening?

As I said I probably did have hallucinations the first or second time not that I remember. I do remember coming out of it other times very clearly not that I want to. For a few years after I talked to a lot of people about it trying to make sense of things or lack of things in both the medical and spiritual field. The spiritual field never gave me any answers and actually contradicted what I remembered. What I think happened medically was at some point the chemical that induces hallucinations at near death was depleted so instead of a warm and fuzzy it was more like a light switch with a few sparks going off after I can remember my body tingling maybe even cooling to numb. I will never forget the taste in my mouth though I wish I could.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join