It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians put a Hex on me?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Obviously, you aren't remotely familiar with science and the scientific method. Wrap yourself in your cocoon of whatever-it-is and snuggle up for a lifetime of fantasy.

What's wrong? You don't have an argument or explanation for why the "facts" for Homo Sapiens have changed four times over the last fifty years? I didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The difference between science and religion is that religion is personal. People gain their faith through personal experiences as evidence. Something that not all science can be measured by. Until you have your own personal experience with God, you will have absolutely no idea why people choose to live and die by their faith or religion.

edit on 14-9-2014 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Obviously, you aren't remotely familiar with science and the scientific method. Wrap yourself in your cocoon of whatever-it-is and snuggle up for a lifetime of fantasy.

What's wrong? You don't have an argument or explanation for why the "facts" for Homo Sapiens have changed four times over the last fifty years? I didn't think so.

Clearly, you do not understand the scientific method. When better evidence is found and tested, the outcome changes. That's how science works. Now please tell us how it is that you never learned this about the scientific method.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

How can you possibly be so sure that the idea of God and what’s written in the biblical teachings is the true force of good and that Satan is the force of evil, simply by going by some book that was written 2000 years ago and has constantly been altered by man, both deliberately and though the mistranslation of languages?

You nor I nor anyone can be sure of anything. You must take the bible by faith because it is mostly theology. There are many opinions of different denominations which some will state theology as though they absolutely know. Sadly these charlatans are everywhere you go. There are also facts which are proven in the bible but the spiritual aspects which are faith based are not facts.

There is actually one good method of absorbing whatsoever you choose and that is to sit under that teacher and ask questions. Never be in a hurry to join any organization but give it time and prayer. A good year would be recommended by me. You can also learn a great deal here on ATS by following great men and women who really know and understand. I know of two who I read whenever I can. WarminIndy and Utnapisjtim are two that I would recommend. You need positive input to learn the truth and not negative input that comes from many. Learn to check biblical opinions and statements from whatever you read or hear.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Clearly, you do not understand the scientific method. When better evidence is found and tested, the outcome changes. That's how science works. Now please tell us how it is that you never learned this about the scientific method.

Thanks for admitting that you've got nothing. Dating Homo Sapiens back to 195,000 years versus 130,000 has nothing to do with "better evidence". It's just different evidence that doesn't prove anything.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

You do or don't realize that Utnapisjtim doesn't believe anything written by Paul in the New Testment, which is the majority of it?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

How does this:

Fit and conform with your scripture? Namely your 7 day claim? Somehow, I think biblical inerrancy might have some issues.

Could you help teach me?
Surely I am just confused.

edit on 14-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Pardon me for a moment and let me see if I got this right.

Your folks let some old coot lay hands on you twitch about speaking all kinds of gibberish because they thought you were possessed or something?

From this.

How can you possibly know or understand the true forces what it is you’re messing with? This could of well been a sort of black magic that instead of casting evil spirits from me, might have bought them to me, causing me to be damned for all eternity!

Now as you said you don't believe in such things now but if I put myself in your shoes as a kid I can certainly see where you got your title. I am extremely disappointed in the christ folk here that seem to not care that such a thing was done to you. I am sorry you had to go through such a thing and I find it inexcusable. Religion/cults can certainly make people do some crazy things.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I am extremely disappointed in the christ folk here that seem to not care

Now come on Grim! Your disappointed? Why?
Because we're not apologetic to someone who's post
even as you just pointed out, is severely contradictive?
On more than one count? I don't believe it was a Christian
member who asked him straight out, if he was making the
whole thing up? I'm not about to pamper his ass with all the flags
go'in up. Then he even admits his mom and dad say it never
happened. Well right now, they seem more believable to me.
And disappointing you, doesn't mean a lot either.

edit on Rpm91414v25201400000001 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I believe your question is less about religion and more about determining the absolute good or bad path. Specifically it is about how this path pertains to raising children and guiding others. How do we know we have made the right choice? It is a very critical question when other lives are profoundly affected by our decisions.

I noticed your handle is the namesake of a psychedelic mushroom. I expect that this is in the spirit of seeking out a path and integrating the information you have acquired into a larger unseen structure.

The sad fact of the matter is that we can never be sure. You do your best and rely on the help and experience of others. In turn you feed your strength and experience back into the system. Unfortunately, there has been very little effort to engineer a solution to the social problems that we face. And the existing positive feed back loop is fairly limited in scope.

This means that we are still living in the stone ages if you compare our social structure to technology. And that leads me to the important bit. As a result, in addition to our inability to know the right path, we must suffer through acting on our basic impulses framed around a limited experience base.

I believe that is what has happened with your parents. They did what they thought was best for their son. It is like that for all of us. We do the best we can and struggle to survive. Hopefully, as we struggle we build up another stone on the stairs to a better society. With regards to Christianity, any absolute truth or good that may exist cannot be fully realized by mankind until we have evolved further. This has been proven by our poor track record thus far.

One of the biggest obstacles for us to overcome is our fear. Consider the role fear played in your story and how it changed your parents' decision making process. Now combine this with our nature to hope for the best and you have a powerful force rigidly aligning our actions. Unfortunately, this is typically a rigid arrow in a random direction.

If we concerned ourselves more with helping each other we might eventually head in a focused direction that would one day allow us to answer your question about Christianity with some amount of certainty. That seems to be the message of the new testament as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Will be back OP. Just wanted to lend a positive force to your questions posed.

Keep questioning and maintain that sense of humor!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Now come on Grim! Your disappointed? Why?
Because we're not apologetic to someone who's post
even as you just pointed out, is severely contradictive?

Now Randy where you got the idea I pointed out his post was contradictory I don't know. You're welcome to take such liberties in interpretation with your bible but I did not write my post in any parables.

I don't believe it was a Christian member who asked him straight out, if he was making the whole thing up?

That has nothing to do with what I wrote. Please try again.

I'm not about to pamper his ass with all the flags go'in up.

If that sort of thing concerns you I have nothing to say about it.

Then he even admits his mom and dad say it never happened.

Actually that information was volunteered up front. You see it wasn't asked so there was nothing to admit. Nice try though painting a picture.

Well right now, they seem more believable to me.

Birds of a feather and all.

And disappointing you, doesn't mean a lot either.

I knew that back when you wouldn't answer direct questions in your defying evolution OP.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Can you actually point out anywhere I have contradicted myself? Or are you just using true Christian form, where it's true simply because you said it?

It's not a made up story and I don't care if you think it was. Don't try and pretend that christian parents don't commonly do things far worse than that to there kids because of there beliefs.

I remember one time when I was a older one of the kids from this Baptist church stayed over at our house, my mum noticed that he had a rash on his arm, when she went to inspect it, she found it was all up his arm and badly infected. When this kids mum came to pick this kid up, my mum questioned her about it and she said, "oh we're praying for it". Ended up my dad had to go over to there house and threaten to call child services before they took him to the doctor. This kind of thing is common place with Christian families, don't pretend it's not!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Can you actually point out anywhere I have contradicted myself? Or are you just using true Christian form, where it's true simply because you said it?

It's not a made up story and I don't care if you think it was. Don't try and pretend that christian parents don't commonly do things far worse than that to there kids because of there beliefs.

I remember one time when I was a older one of the kids from this Baptist church stayed over at our house, my mum noticed that he had a rash on his arm, when she went to inspect it, she found it was all up his arm and badly infected. When this kids mum came to pick this kid up, my mum questioned her about it and she said, "oh we're praying for it". Ended up my dad had to go over to there house and threaten to call child services before they took him to the doctor. This kind of thing is common place with Christian families, don't pretend it's not!

I absolutely love how Christianity has only one source of proof, the bible. Always interesting to see bible lovers use the bible to prove the bible. When religion cures small pox, cancer, puts a man on the moon ect...then I'll refute science and say my beliefs are wrong. Until then I'm sticking with my belief in religion being the most deadly weapon in history.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The Christian god is supposed to be omniscient, omnipotent, omnithis and omnithat. But this world is still as fvcked up and random as ever. Yeah. God works in mysterious ways. And you know what. Most of us will be banished to hell though god loves us like no other. What a joke. Just think that the Dalai Lama will be playing checkers with Hitler in hell.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz
I absolutely love how Christianity has only one source of proof, the bible.

If you had used the term religion instead of Christianity, you would be correct.

The two words are not interchangeable, in fact they are diametrically opposed.

This post alone from page 1 completely demolishes your argument.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe. LOL

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

This post alone from page 1 completely demolishes your argument.

I don't see how anything you posted there demolishes his argument. Maybe you are talking about the guy who had a NDE/hallucination. That is hardly evidence for anything. I have had an NDE so my experience refutes his. That puts everything back to square one.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Sounds like a severe case of denial to me...

I can think of two examples off the top of my head that completely destroy your argument.

Countless people have come back from NDE's with proof that what they saw was anything BUT a hallucination:

"Colton, still 4 years old, told his mother “you had a baby die in your tummy didn’t you”, which completely shocked them both because they had never told him about their miscarriage. They asked him how he knew and he said that he met his sister in Heaven and she told him what happened."

"Well he’s 7 years old now and it took a couple of years for his parents to really understand what happened, but when Colton Burpo was four years he was having surgery in the hospital for a burst appendix. While he was in surgery he apparently had some sort of out of body experience and could see what his parents were doing. He witnessed that his dad was praying and his mom on her cellphone. Both parents say they have no clue how he knew that, but that it’s absolutely true. And the story just gets more interesting from there.

Apparently during the same surgery Colton went to Heaven where he recounts how he met his grandfather who he had never known, who he later recognized in photos. The interesting thing is that he didn’t recognize photos of his grandfather as an old man with glasses, which is how everyone knew him, but rather as a young man. Colton’s father literally had go find a photo of ‘Pop’ as a young man before Colton was able to recognize him. Now that’s pretty wild.

Four year old met his mother’s miscarried child in Heaven

"Dr. Rodonaia was killed by the KGB, pronounced dead, taken to the morgue for three days and returned to life during his own autopsy. Dr. Rodonaia was a psychiatric researcher who worked for the KGB and later became a dissident. He was a scientist trained in historical materialism and did not believe in God."

"George Rodonaia underwent one of the most extended cases of a near-death experience ever recorded. Pronounced dead immediately after he was hit by a car in 1976, he was left for three days in the morgue. He did not "return to life" until a doctor began to make an incision in his abdomen as part of an autopsy procedure. Prior to his NDE he worked as a neuropathologist. He was also an avowed atheist.
LINK

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

How does this:

Fit and conform with your scripture? Namely your 7 day claim? Somehow, I think biblical inerrancy might have some issues.

Could you help teach me?
Surely I am just confused.

The image fits quite well in With what Genesis Chapter one is telling.

Before the Big bang the universe was emty and dark.

Then there was the light. That is what the image you posted prove as well.

To bad the Image dont show what caused the light.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join