It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians put a Hex on me?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Look at our world. Every Christian nation is progressive and free. The powerful ones are the banner of democracy and prosperity. They protect other weaker nations and set them free from tyrants.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: Grimpachi

Sounds like a severe case of denial to me...

I can think of two examples off the top of my head that completely destroy your argument.

Countless people have come back from NDE's with proof that what they saw was anything BUT a hallucination:

"Colton, still 4 years old, told his mother “you had a baby die in your tummy didn’t you”, which completely shocked them both because they had never told him about their miscarriage. They asked him how he knew and he said that he met his sister in Heaven and she told him what happened."

"Well he’s 7 years old now and it took a couple of years for his parents to really understand what happened, but when Colton Burpo was four years he was having surgery in the hospital for a burst appendix. While he was in surgery he apparently had some sort of out of body experience and could see what his parents were doing. He witnessed that his dad was praying and his mom on her cellphone. Both parents say they have no clue how he knew that, but that it’s absolutely true. And the story just gets more interesting from there.

Apparently during the same surgery Colton went to Heaven where he recounts how he met his grandfather who he had never known, who he later recognized in photos. The interesting thing is that he didn’t recognize photos of his grandfather as an old man with glasses, which is how everyone knew him, but rather as a young man. Colton’s father literally had go find a photo of ‘Pop’ as a young man before Colton was able to recognize him. Now that’s pretty wild.

Four year old met his mother’s miscarried child in Heaven

"Dr. Rodonaia was killed by the KGB, pronounced dead, taken to the morgue for three days and returned to life during his own autopsy. Dr. Rodonaia was a psychiatric researcher who worked for the KGB and later became a dissident. He was a scientist trained in historical materialism and did not believe in God."

"George Rodonaia underwent one of the most extended cases of a near-death experience ever recorded. Pronounced dead immediately after he was hit by a car in 1976, he was left for three days in the morgue. He did not "return to life" until a doctor began to make an incision in his abdomen as part of an autopsy procedure. Prior to his NDE he worked as a neuropathologist. He was also an avowed atheist.
LINK

How do you figure your videos of second had tellings can possibly destroy my first hand experience? Man you have to be joking because you made me laugh with that statement.

If there is anyone in denial it is you. I know this is bursting your bubble but you need to know the truth. Dude there isn't anything after death it is just the end. I have been there done it got the pic to prove it and I don't advise rushing to the end so take some advice enjoy what is in the here and now because that's all you get.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Titaniumberry

Look at our world. Every Christian nation is progressive and free. The powerful ones are the banner of democracy and prosperity. They protect other weaker nations and set them free from tyrants.

Don't speak so soon my friend. The worst is yet to come.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz
I absolutely love how Christianity has only one source of proof, the bible.

If you had used the term religion instead of Christianity, you would be correct.

The two words are not interchangeable, in fact they are diametrically opposed.

This post alone from page 1 completely demolishes your argument.

Christianity IS a religion. Your statement above couldn't be more untrue if it tried...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

If you had used the term religion instead of Christianity, you would be correct.

Christianity IS a religion. Your statement above couldn't be more untrue if it tried...

I thought the same thing. I assume he means to differentiate "organized religion" from simple religious belief I guess?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

I thought the same thing. I assume he means to differentiate "organized religion" from simple religious belief I guess?

To the moste of you science is a religin. Because non of you really know science and have to put your faith in the People who have knowledge.

The Scientific community could fool all of you With their science and non of you would know that you were being fooled..
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

To the moste of you science is a religin. Because non of you really know science and have to put your faith in the People who have.

Those are the fools. Most people who REALLY understand and believe science have studied the evidence provided by scientists. Unlike religions, science doesn't work by someone telling you how things works. He also has to provide evidence to back his claims up. There is a BIG difference there that religious people like to gloss over when they make this (terrible) comparison.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Those are the fools. Most people who REALLY understand and believe science have studied the evidence provided by scientists.

There are not many of us who study the Scientific facts been presented by science. You can see that by how some present and argue the links and facts they present With their posts and answers to other posts.

Question: why do you say beleive science in you text above?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Those are the fools. Most people who REALLY understand and believe science have studied the evidence provided by scientists.

There are not many of us who study the Scientific facts been presented by science. You can see that by how some present and argue the links and facts they present With their posts and answers to other posts.

Question: why do you say beleive science in you text above?

I see that you are trying to trap me with a semantical word game here by trying to get me to admit that science takes belief just like religion does, but again I say that science has evidence backing it up. Religion does not. So belief in science is VASTLY different than belief in religion.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

To the moste of you science is a religin. Because non of you really know science and have to put your faith in the People who have knowledge.

The Scientific community could fool all of you With their science and non of you would know that you were being fooled..

But that's not how science works. You don't take the word of a scientist or scienctists you test his hypothesis . You evaluate his evidence. Many a scientific claim has been disproven.

Religion depends on faith--there is no objective data and no way to test it's hypothesis.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The Bible does say to test the spirits and the prophets.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Hence the final sentence. Using the term Christianity was placed in the context simply because it was adhering to the topic.

I've been pronounced dead twice... Once at 5 and then at 17. I know there's something after death. But there was no Jesus. There were no loved ones waiting for me. No clouds to walk on. Nothing of the sort. Do I believe in an afterlife? Yes. Does the bible get it right? Hell no.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2014 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
How do you figure your videos of second had tellings can possibly destroy my first hand experience? Man you have to be joking because you made me laugh with that statement.

Credibility for starters...

Saying things such as this, destroys it:

Your experience is a NDE...

But Colton Burpo's is a NDE/hallucination.

Your experience is first hand experience.

Colton Burpo's is a 'second hand telling'.

And you tell me I am in denial?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

That's the saddest thing I have taken from this thread. I despise religion, yet in truth I know far more about the concept than most of the people who have posted here. If you took the time to actually research the issue, rather than just excepting what your pastor says, you would discover for yourselves how flawed the whole thing actually is.

Why do you assume I'm religious? If you despise religion then you despise humans. You act like religion is some how alien to humans and it is actually a part of humans. It is how we think, how you think. You just have a different flavor to it all.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Dude there isn't anything after death it is just the end. I have been there done it got the pic to prove it and I don't advise rushing to the end so take some advice enjoy what is in the here and now because that's all you get.

You have pics? Oh goody, I wanta see?

And you're disappointed? I can't believe I ever gave you any respect at all!

Do you also know the secrets of the multiverse Grim?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Darwinism destroys that premise.

I don't believe a word science FICTION says any more than I would believe any thing that politicians say.

Science is the biggest fraud in history and nothing but a MASSIVE form of mind control...

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe.

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure
No it does not make it less real, however it only shows the sun through your own flawed and biased perception. Please don't take offence, I am of the philosophy that everyone's perception is flawed and biased.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Titaniumberry

Omg barf! do you really believe that? Every country has the potential for corruption and tyranny and trying to say otherwise would just be lying to oneself.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Darwinism? Why are evolutionary beliefs of scientists in the late 1800's proof of anything? Darwinian evolutionary theory hasn't been an accepted theory for a LONG time now. You see this thing called evidence that we've been discussing as the key difference between religion and science unsurfaced that showed that evolution doesn't work like Darwin originally hypothesized and that it actually worked much differently. That is why we have the theory of Modern evolutionary synthesis as the go to theory about evolution these days.

Of course I know telling you this is all useless since you will just gravitate to the next thread you can insert your standard insanity that there is a secret group of people conspiring behind the scenes to bring about the events of the Book of Revelation. And you won't listen to or accept anything that contradicts your worldview, citing previous ATS posts you've made as your "evidence" (like the ones in this thread). Kind of odd that for someone who claims to know so much about truth, you know so little of it.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Nah I call b.s. or lack of understanding. I have had first hand experience with death and I can very confidently tell you that life does continue after your physical body gives out. Maybe you should re-evaluate your personal experiences. Either that or we are both wrong and have no clue LOL

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join