It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians put a Hex on me?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Logarock

Firstly I'm not a female, I'm a bloke. I have know idea where you got that from.

Also, I clearly stated in my opening post that I don't believe in fairy tales and was simply putting a question to people who do.

But since you Christians love making meaningless connections to complete coincidences. It might interest you to know that my first name has 6 letters, my middle name has 6 letters and my and my last name also has 6 letters, that's 666. So who knows, maybe you are fraternizing with the anti-christ.

You might want to pray for your soul!!!!

One question:

Did you make the OP up?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I mean, even going by the current biblical writings, it would seem to me that God stands for everything of which we consider evil within a modern world and Satan everything of that which is good.

According to the Bible God didnt want us to know the knowledge of Good and Evil.

Good deeds are only related to Our evil deeds. Because we only know Howe to compare Good and Evil against each other.

What would we be if we knew neither good or evil?

Would we have evolved into dumber humans?
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Firstly I'm not a female, I'm a bloke. I have know idea where you got that from.

Also, I clearly stated in my opening post that I don't believe in fairy tales and was simply putting a question to people who do.

The other poster said you were a female. At any rate that you believe to be dealing with fair tales all the more absolves me of laboring with any proof in this thread. Its more like we are dealing with the rhetorical and not facts anyway then as far as the premise of the thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Deetermined

LOL! You're so quick to believe that this rock art is 40,000 years old. You're as gullible as anyone here.

Once again, if science says that the earth is billions of years old, why aren't they able to date humanity back further?

Just like I said, knowledge doesn't lead to truth and following Satan doesn't lead to God.

Uh...no. The dating is based on testable evidence. Do some research.

You really have a poor understanding of human existence. Homo sapiens date to about 200,000 years ago. The earth is billions of years old. I refer you to science and a plethora of testable evidence having utterly no confidence that you will avail yourself of it.

Truth is a belief not a fact. Fact is based on testable evidence only. Please alert us when you can cite testable evidence proving that Satan and God exist. Can't wait!

But dont you think that Homo Sapiens dating back 200,000 years is a bit of a belief there also?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin

originally posted by: Tangerine

LOL! You're so quick to believe that this rock art is 40,000 years old. You're as gullible as anyone here.

Once again, if science says that the earth is billions of years old, why aren't they able to date humanity back further?

Just like I said, knowledge doesn't lead to truth and following Satan doesn't lead to God.

You really have a poor understanding of human existence. Homo sapiens date to about 200,000 years ago. The earth is billions of years old. I refer you to science and a plethora of testable evidence having utterly no confidence that you will avail yourself of it.

Truth is a belief not a fact. Fact is based on testable evidence only. Please alert us when you can cite testable evidence proving that Satan and God exist. Can't wait!

But dont you think that Homo Sapiens dating back 200,000 years is a bit of a belief there also?

Uh..no. The dating is based on testable evidence. Do you understand what testable evidence is?

link   

Sure. See, your story is fictional. Dinosaurs do not fit into Genesis. Death, according to the myth, came after the alleged fall. Gap theory can't be used to explain it.

More extinction events also do not jive. Critical thinking destroys the whole world wide flood myth.

Even other apologists recognize problems in Genesis, namely the solid dome that doesn't exist. The moon, also doesn't under go fusion.

Plenty of examples. It is fiction. Written by men. Not non fiction.

Satan is no more real than Gandalf. They come from the same type of literature. Or, would you have me believe Gandalf is real too?
edit on 14-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Harvin

Seriously dude, don't you think if I was going to make something up, it would have been a little more creative than childhood memories of someone talking in tongues and my parents getting spooked about an old house?

Not making up the fact that all 3 of my names have 6 letters either, but I did only mention it to arch up the looneys. It means nothing.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa Greetings, I've been holding back for far to long myself..
My name is Rob and of late, it just dawned on me . In march of this year I got home around 8:30pm pacific
and opened the screen door and then the wooden door walked into the house a step or two turned left and
walked two steps seeing my female dog lying down gently rise to a violent act of barking and slobering
teeth showing . I was stunned and voiced my compassion to her, it's OKAAAA . Little did I realize then what my dog had seen. Two day's later ,Tuesday, I had second time guests over and we were discussing barium/ferrite magnets and
their function in my garage. The garage door was open because it was kinda warm in Madera that night. Adam was
listening to me explain the conditioning tricks to the magnet before it would levitate while working. More current
would lighten the complete generator. JUST at that moment my garage door noisily begins to come down ; Adam
and I made instant eye contact. MY CHINESE bought barium ferrite magnets 1"X4"X6" were hijacked at the San Francisco sort facility 3 weeks later. Adam's brother, sitting next to me had 1,000 magnets of his hijacked at the same sort
USPS facility-- most likely by oil and gas faceless thugs. Cloaking of secret agents possibly mib's very very likely.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

So, because I thought the avatar picture was feminine? That disproves the argument?

No, you just exposed yourself as one who argues from fallacy.

I'll go fix that right now. :-)

Fixed. Now for the fourth time, can you show us how he is working for Satan, using specific and scientific proof? As, it is my contention, said character, did not exist.

You made a claim he works for your arch enemy, evil incarnate. Be specific.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

Satan is no more real than Gandalf. They come from the same type of literature. Or, would you have me believe Gandalf is real too?[/quote

You are doing the work of Gandalf now oh wicked and vile servant of same! LOL

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Harvin

Seriously dude, don't you think if I was going to make something up, it would have been a little more creative than childhood memories of someone talking in tongues and my parents getting spooked about an old house?

Not really, just like i cannot picture Christians putting a hex on you. A "hex" is used in witchcraft. Like a curse etc. but there is nothing in Christianity that would condone the use of a hex or curse.

Nothing personal i just seen a lot of lies in these type of threads.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

What is wicked? More libel? Please, present your case a non fiction Satan exists. How can you do so from a work of fiction? Is Harry Potter real to???? Can I meet him? Frodo? Encyclopedia Brown?

Come now, you are making your own problems.

I see yet again no answers, just insults. For those who claim they have truth, you sure do flee from it when it arises.

Must be easy to claim it is all Satan's doing when you run into someone who has a different opinion. You know, those intelligent enough to call BS. An invisible Satan, is not required for that to happen.

Nor does it change my links above. :-)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Its more like we are dealing with the rhetorical and not facts anyway then as far as the premise of the thread.

I asked a rhetorical question about Christianity and am using logic and facts to dispute the answers, seems perfectly reasonable. In fact I don't see how it would even be possible to discuss a particular religion without using a rhetorical question as the premise.

If the premise of my thread was based on facts and logic, then it wouldn't even belong in the religious forum. I can't understand where your confusion comes from?
edit on 14-9-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

So, because I thought the avatar picture was feminine?

Damn, never occurred to me, its a hybrid gray. Might have to consider changing it now, don't partiqularly want to be mistaken for a chick, lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Christianities indoctrination. It is almost like someone created a religion perfectly suited to destroy reasoning, critical thinking, and free thought. Maybe that whole Roman PsyOp claim has wings?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

My fault. It really could go either way. Sorry if that caused you grief. :-)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Testable evidence? Testable against what? You can't go back 200,000 years to compare the facts. Fossil dating started in the 1800's and I'm supposed to believe that we have it all figured out from billions of years ago? Are you for real? Science changes every day and some day these methods and dates will change too. Just like the theory that Homo sapiens dated back 130,000 years when they first started researching it and as of 2005, now they're saying it's closer to 195,000 years. The truth is, they don't have a clue and the dates keep changing. So, guess what? Your FACTS have changed four times over the last 50 years and I'm sure they'll continue to change!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I personally believe the Bible is loosely based, or inspired by, what our ancestors would consider to be some sort of spiritual entity, but was instead a more advanced alien and/or human civilisation visiting our planet for whatever reason. Could be that they created us? Or assisted us? Or used us? Who knows, but while I wouldn't quite say I believe this theory, I certainly think it's the most plausible.

What the OP said about God being a dictator is a great point to bring up, and a reference point I've used for a while now when discussing this subject. A dictatorship is a human concept, a human way of control, which could also be the same (which I'd imagine it would be) for an alien civilisation (I'd imagine every intelligent race to have some form of dictatorship, at least in their history). Could we have mistaken Gods for a controlling race of other worldly origins, who suppress us gaining knowledge, which is power, right?

[this is my first post here, but I've browsed these forums for years. You'll be hearing from me more often, hello all]

- Ryan

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

a reply to: Tangerine

Testable evidence? Testable against what? You can't go back 200,000 years to compare the facts. Fossil dating started in the 1800's and I'm supposed to believe that we have it all figured out from billions of years ago? Are you for real? Science changes every day and some day these methods and dates will change too. Just like the theory that Homo sapiens dated back 130,000 years when they first started researching it and as of 2005, now they're saying it's closer to 195,000 years. The truth is, they don't have a clue and the dates keep changing. So, guess what? Your FACTS have changed four times over the last 50 years and I'm sure they'll continue to change!

Obviously, you aren't remotely familiar with science and the scientific method. Wrap yourself in your cocoon of whatever-it-is and snuggle up for a lifetime of fantasy.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I shouldn't be replying, but I can actually comprehend a functional human being not being able to work this question out for themselves.

The very thing that makes the scientific method superior to any religion is the fact that it doesn't claim to have all the answers straight off the bat. Accepted ‘theories’ are not considered infallible and can change at anytime if accurate solid evidence is presented that disputes another theory. No one would ever claim we know everything there to know, that’s ridiculous. It’s a work in progress of accumulated knowledge.

Religion on the other hand is considered as infallible and a book that was written in a time when we thought the earth was the centre of the universe is considered indisputable. It claims to have all the answers, but in reality it doesn't have any answers.

In the words of Socrates.

“The ancient oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing.”

edit on 14-9-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join