It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians put a Hex on me?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I agree. In fact I would go further and say basing a whole belief system on some film footage is completely irrational. But looking beyond the bible and MSM when you suspect ulterior motives by TPTB is just common sense, imo.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I agree. In fact I would go further and say basing a whole belief system on some film footage is completely irrational. But looking beyond the bible and MSM when you suspect ulterior motives by TPTB is just common sense, imo.

Nothing wrong with seeking your own path and thinking for yourself. I'd just suggest that the Internet can be just as or even more deceptive and untruthful as the MSM and the bible. Be careful that selection bias does not cloud your perception of what you see. Sometimes those seeking truth can just be lost in what they seek out. Consider those fanatics who are aliens and reptilians in everything.

If you determine truth by your preconceived ideas, you could very well miss actual truth and be just deluded as those who follow the bible blindly. Deception takes on many,many forms.
edit on 15-9-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Religion depends on faith--there is no objective data and no way to test it's hypothesis.

Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo668

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Religion depends on faith--there is no objective data and no way to test it's hypothesis.

Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.

To quote the Missouri license plate. "Show me."

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm just saying that the bible has an answer for everything. I'm an agnostic.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

some very wise words there

No one is totally immune from being clouded by our preconceived perception of the world, no matter how smart we think we are.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

some very wise words there

No one is totally immune from being clouded by our preconceived perception of the world, no matter how smart we think we are.

Wisely said. Thank you, keep your head down and your powder dry.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

I'm looking for an intelligent debate based on logic.

Not buyin' it...

You are correct to despise religion.

It's nothing but lies.

Debating is a complete waste of time until one learns the difference between religion and truth.

The truth will NEVER benefit one who refuses to believe it.

Ahh , but you all too often refer to only that which IS religious, as the processes inside like a sandbox environment, that you work out your conclusions about truth.

I submit that the truth is so far out of bounds about Creation and what is actually going on ANYWHERE, that unless you delete literally everything you have heard from the Bible and everywhere else, you are not going to be able to TOUCH, the TRUTH.

Nice to see you acknowledge the religions are failed, but please do not spare the JESUS myth in all of this, you CANNOT be a Christian in ANY form , and be un-religious, I love how many people are saying this lately, they just do not see the ultimate limitations they have blinding them STILL.

For me , being slain in the spirit is such a higher state than these lunatic Christians that play with magic they really know NOTHING OF.

And I have gone on stage with these poor souls, and totally interrupted and hurled them backwards when trying to lay hands on me, in fact, when I was 10 years old, and forced to church, one of these slain in the spirit kinds, and I refused to join in the disgusting witchcraft that goes on, they tried to force it upon me, this is when I recognized I had TRUE power of my OWN, when their hands , ALL FIVE OF THEM were thrown off of me like a lightning bolt had hit them, and they cowered in shock and proclaimed I was "healed".

These people including my parents never bothered to try and speak in tongues near me again, and only now, many years later, are they beginning to recognize that ALL of this nonsense in EVERY religion, and belief system , NONE of it is even remotely the end game they believe it to be.

An onrushing onslaught of truth seekers has come, and they will annihilate the GUARDS that block every attempt by what some call GOD, to actually re-connect with some of its long disconnected parts....an unconscious effort, no GOD exists in any way shape or form like the one Christians search for, and this is why they never find it, but think they have, while they roll around in the barely 5% of the power they could ACTUALLY achieve, but never come near after the first one off, they have being SLAIN .

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The Bible does say to test the spirits and the prophets.

Yes which is laughable since none exist.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Darwinism destroys that premise.

I don't believe a word science FICTION says any more than I would believe any thing that politicians say.

Science is the biggest fraud in history and nothing but a MASSIVE form of mind control...

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe.

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

Pretty amazing that you cannot see how guided these people are when explaining there NDE's, no need to tell them what they saw, or help them along in any way, but it is just as framed as a Darwin Awards Show.

Flat out fact, CHRISTIANITY IS THE MOTHER, and FATHER of all religions, and its basis is full of all manner of OTHER religious cult behavior.

Only the most arrogant fools, IE the entire church believe otherwise.

Faith stands only to the tests of what is put to it, this is why everyone is getting a different result,

Funny thing is, they would get much better results if they stopped filtering it through this insanely complicated trap that it is.

You Christians want to believe everything SO BAD, that you never actually attempt to do what Jesus apparently told you , that you can in the Bible, so the entire system dumbs you down and gives you doses of Spirit Drugs now and then to keep you going, and keep you in that ever so important 7 day cycle.

I have seen this entire story from the INSIDE OUT, and I am telling you now, Christianity is at the VERY HEART of ultimate EVIL, that evil being, it hides the ENTIRE TRUTH, inside a nice package that claims it knows everything, and all of this Godless pathetic problem filled planet is all you and your KINS fault, that we are to blame for some DNA malfunction that took place.

I maintain, that the very beings that FELL, are now in charge of you, and have thought of everything of how to maintain this world in EVERLASTING STATE, of NOTHINGNESS!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

How did you get such a twisted view of Christianity?

ROFL, it is just amazing the players in the Churches are as asleep as everyone else.

How they are so daftly blind as to what is around them, with the supposed Jesus in their hearts, is the REAL troubling question.

Christianity IS a twisted view, sorry for you we are.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I understand your questions and the point you made when you said you believe in what can be touched, measured, etc , but would you agree that the physical world works on a " Cause and Effect " basis? If you do and I would find it hard to argue that it DOES NOT, then what is the cause and point of life?

Why Carbon? Why This planet and this solar system? Why the hydrogen atom? Why the Big Bang? What triggered the Big Bang? You cannot claim these are the driving forces when you can't answer the whys...People accept these as facts and there is 0 evidence...The problem with science is it makes an observation based on X data and just claims their theories to be proven facts...its hilarious...

We are the most complicated machine on the planet currently( Name another machine that can build itself and every other machine in existence)......the mathmatical odds of that single atom coming NOT ONLY into existence but surviving in the hellish earth period that supposedly started seprating to form all life we see here now is mathmatically IMPOSSIBLE...We cannot reproduce this action in a lab to create a lifeform..

Everything science puts forth rarely can explain the Whys...Life is an Effect of a Cause..its my belief that Cause is God...Do you think you have a soul? Do you recognize your individual-ness?..Thats your soul, its not physical.....we are spiritual beings having a human experience...Faith is most certainly NOT about fearing mortality....Its about believing in something higher than yourself without actually experiencing it with your 5 senses or having physical proof it exists....We didn't know oxygen existed ( or whatever it is) until thousands of years down the line...It existed the entire time and we could never see or experience it with our senses...Unfortunately it was still there, helping to keep us alive....

I would refrain from using isolated examples of how this group of people or that group of people did this or that...These isolated examples do not represent Christians as a whole...nor what Christianity is about

Being a Christian is about being a humble, forgiving, compassionate, accepting, and charitable person..Its also about recognizing that you are a sinner and need redemption..( You have lied to someone or about someone at least once in your life im sure ..We all have )..My God wants us all to try and find him and have a personal relationship with him...You will not get answers any your questions here and you may remain a skeptic for the rest of your life....I pray that you don't....

All the answers are fragmented and you need to put them together yourself by investigation and understanding....If you care to really take the time research The Fibonnaci Sequence, watch youtube videos by the " The Johnathan Kleck" " The Groxt : specifically " Tracking Demons " " The Book of Daniel " " The NWO " " The Illuminati, Freemasons, The Rothchilds" " The Synagogue of Satan " All different subjects but all coming back to God and the Devil....Sorry for the long rant but your question sparks a need to go on a rant i guess....I'm not asking you to believe anything but ot only search for the answers..... a reply to: Subaeruginosa

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: wyrmboy12
I understand your questions and the point you made when you said you believe in what can be touched, measured, etc , but would you agree that the physical world works on a " Cause and Effect " basis? If you do and I would find it hard to argue that it DOES NOT, then what is the cause and point of life?

There is no great purpose for us being here. But goddamn I'm honored to have had the opportunity to have experienced it.

Why Carbon? Why This planet and this solar system? Why the hydrogen atom? Why the Big Bang? What triggered the Big Bang? You cannot claim these are the driving forces when you can't answer the whys...People accept these as facts and there is 0 evidence...The problem with science is it makes an observation based on X data and just claims their theories to be proven facts...its hilarious...

You might as well ask why there’s stars in the sky, to which the answer is very simple. Since if there were no stars in the sky then we would not exist. Since we are made of nothing more than star waste. No higher is entity needed.

You most certainly can claim these things are the driving force when you can’t answer the whys. Newton had no idea what gravity was, nor did he know why it does what it does, yet he described ‘what’ it did with great accuracy. It wasn’t till much later when Einstein was able to describe the why and how of gravity, yet it is not claimed as fact by anyone and you just show your true ignorance on this subject by claiming otherwise. That’s why we call it the ‘Theory’ of Relativity. In fact, the only single thing I know of that science describes as fact, is Newtons ‘law’ of Motion.

Notice the key words here ‘law’ and ‘theory’.

Going by your illogical understanding of the Universe, Galileo should never have pointed a telescope at the sky to prove the sun doesn’t revolve around the earth, simply because he didn’t know it for fact before he pointed the telescope at the sky. Using your logic he shouldn’t have bothered seeking the truth and should have just accepted that god did it.

If the great scientists & thinkers of the past thought like this, we would still be living like animals, with a few stone buildings and some primitive weapons to fight other cultures who have a different god(s) to our own.

Ironically, the Christians of Galileo’s time had this exact mentality. Since Galileo was put on trial by the catholic church and made to denounce his claim that the earth wasn’t the centre of the universe.

We are the most complicated machine on the planet currently( Name another machine that can build itself and every other machine in existence)......the mathmatical odds of that single atom coming NOT ONLY into existence but surviving in the hellish earth period that supposedly started seprating to form all life we see here now is mathmatically IMPOSSIBLE...We cannot reproduce this action in a lab to create a lifeform..

We are not the most complicated “machine” on this earth at all, in fact chickens share 60% of humans DNA, there is not much that separates us from any other life on earth, except that our branch of the evolutionary process developed though becoming progressively intelligent.

You should really study our universe before you start making assumptions of the chances of us being here, not that the mathematical odds are relevant to us, since we are here, so there for we know for a fact it is a mathematical possibility.

Do you have any idea how big the actually universe is?

To put some kind of prospective on it, Alpha Centaury our closest star system is only 4 light years away, yet using our current technology it would still take us about 70 thousand years to get there. Our Galaxy has over 300 billions stars and there is estimated to be at least 200 billion Galaxies in our universe that all contain hundreds of billions of stars each.

Is that huge ego of yours starting to melt yet? Is your preconceived perception of self-importance starting to question itself? We are nothing compared to the size and possibilities of the universe.

Everything science puts forth rarely can explain the Whys...Life is an Effect of a Cause..its my belief that Cause is God...Do you think you have a soul? Do you recognize your individual-ness?..Thats your soul, its not physical.....we are spiritual beings having a human experience...Faith is most certainly NOT about fearing mortality....Its about believing in something higher than yourself without actually experiencing it with your 5 senses or having physical proof it exists....We didn't know oxygen existed ( or whatever it is) until thousands of years down the line...It existed the entire time and we could never see or experience it with our senses...Unfortunately it was still there, helping to keep us alive....

We couldn’t experience oxygen thousands of years ago? What an odd thing to say.

You most certainly do fear your own mortality and the truth of your own insignificance. You have proved it though trying to justify your existence though blind faith. The truth is you ‘will’ die one day and you ‘will’ be gone forever, your end ‘will’ have no significance within the universe.

btw, I recognize my neurochemistry as unique, which is commonly referred to as the soul by people who can’t accept their own insignificance within the universe.

I would refrain from using isolated examples of how this group of people or that group of people did this or that...These isolated examples do not represent Christians as a whole...nor what Christianity is about

They are not isolated experiences, they are actually very common benign examples, much worse happens in churches all round the world on a daily basis. You are just ignorant to it, because of your fear of facing reality.

Being a Christian is about being a humble, forgiving, compassionate, accepting, and charitable person..Its also about recognizing that you are a sinner and need redemption..( You have lied to someone or about someone at least once in your life im sure ..We all have )..My God wants us all to try and find him and have a personal relationship with him...You will not get answers any your questions here and you may remain a skeptic for the rest of your life....I pray that you don't....

No, being a Christian is about being ignorant, judgemental, not thinking for yourself, seeking power over the weak minded and not accepting truth, there by holding human kind back from advancing as a species.

edit on 16-9-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: wyrmboy12

All the answers are fragmented and you need to put them together yourself by investigation and understanding....If you care to really take the time research The Fibonnaci Sequence, watch youtube videos by the " The Johnathan Kleck" " The Groxt : specifically " Tracking Demons " " The Book of Daniel " " The NWO " " The Illuminati, Freemasons, The Rothchilds" " The Synagogue of Satan " All different subjects but all coming back to God and the Devil....Sorry for the long rant but your question sparks a need to go on a rant i guess....I'm not asking you to believe anything but ot only search for the answers.

This paragraph right here is clear evidence that you have never spent more than an hour researching or investigating the truth. You simply just watch a few youtube videos every once in a while, that comply with our own little fairy tales you have created within your own head.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

That is unknown. Science cannot currently answer that question. That doesn't mean there isn't an answer, we just don't know what it is. That also doesn't mean you can substitute your own answer for it (ex: god). No evidence doesn't imply that it is valid to make assumptions about the question.

Geek Answers: Why is all life carbon-based?

Be careful with your next question, there could be variables in the universe that we are unaware of that could facilitate the creation of life on other planets. Just because we are the only planet that we know of that has life on it, doesn't mean we are the only one.

I don't know what your question about the hydrogen atom means.

We don't know what caused the big bang, but I can tell you that it wasn't the beginning of our universe. That is a misconception about the theory.

Sure you can. You said it yourself, the universe works on cause and effect. If you see the effect, there HAS to be a cause even if you don't know what it is. Therefore you can easily say that there is a force driving these things but don't you don't know what it is.

Mathematically impossible means that the odds are zero. As long as the odds aren't zero then it isn't mathematically impossible. We are here, therefore the odds aren't zero. You are showing a misunderstanding of mathematics (namely statistics and probability here).

Can An Event Be Statistically Impossible?

Faith requires assumptions. Science doesn't make assumptions. That isn't to say that it doesn't exist (like your oxygen example), just that we don't have an answer for it. Assumptions create confirmation bias. There is nothing wrong with saying "I don't know" if you don't have enough evidence to answer a question. Substituting god as an answer isn't going to get you anywhere. Not to mention it doesn't tell you anything. God is an abstract concept that doesn't have a clear definition. There is no way to quantify it or be satisfied with that answer. It could literally be anything.

No one can answer that. There are thousands of denominations of Christianity. Probably more. Everyone who has read the bible has their own personal interpretation of it. What is true. What isn't true. What's outdated. What's a metaphor. What's a parable. What's history. Etc. It's all just a big game that relies on the reader's confirmation bias and tells us nothing about the universe.

That is being a Christian to YOU. Being a Christian to someone else is a completely different answer and you are equally right, because of the reason I outlined about.

All the answers are fragmented and you need to put them together yourself by investigation and understanding....If you care to really take the time research The Fibonnaci Sequence, watch youtube videos by the " The Johnathan Kleck" " The Groxt : specifically " Tracking Demons " " The Book of Daniel " " The NWO " " The Illuminati, Freemasons, The Rothchilds" " The Synagogue of Satan " All different subjects but all coming back to God and the Devil....Sorry for the long rant but your question sparks a need to go on a rant i guess....I'm not asking you to believe anything but ot only search for the answers..... a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The fibonnaci sequence is nice and all, but it isn't evidence of the existence of god. Youtube videos aren't evidence of anything. Most of those topics are insane conspiracy theories anyways that have been debunked MANY times over.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Just a heads up. I wanted to respond to this point you made in your post:

In fact, the only single thing I know of that science describes as fact, is Newtons ‘law’ of Motion.

You are on the right track with the difference between laws and theories, but there are MANY more laws than the laws of motion. Off the top of my head there are: The laws of Thermodynamics, Keplar's Laws, Law of Conservation of Energy, inverse-square law. And that is a incomplete list.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What is a Christian or whom do you consider to be Christian?

We might be thinking completely different things for the word "Christian".

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

So you were able to go from completely irrational.......to common sense. Like tilting a pinball machine over an american solider draping a flag over bozo's bronze narcissi. And figured out the ulterior motives of TPTB at the same moment, right there in that context. And your not in a self developed la la land.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

There is no great purpose for us being here. But goddamn I'm honored to have had the opportunity to have experienced it.

Us? You have a mouse in your pocket?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

a reply to: graceunderpressure

The Sun shines on me everyday. It has a physical presence and its existence is undeniable. God is not.

You're assuming your senses can be trusted. If I happen to doubt my senses, I can, in fact, doubt that the sun exists.
This argument has been around for some time. It sounds really stupid, but if you think about it, you can't really prove you can trust your senses. Then you get to looking at cool stuff like this: en.wikipedia.org...

As regards the apparent exorcism, I'm afraid I can't be any help. (Exorcisms seem to be more of a Catholic thing in today's day and age; I'm not sure I've even heard of Baptists doing it.) I would be cautious, though, about lumping Christians together as a group.

I'd also question your idea that Christianity is totally opposed to "modern values," since many modern ideas had their roots with Christian thinkers. For instance, the idea that all men AND women are equal is present in Galatians ("you are all one in Christ Jesus.") And while the Gospels don't (to my knowledge) condemn slavery or social inequality outright, the idea that all men are equal led to massive, radical, religious-inspired attempts to bring mankind to greater equality. Christians have, historically, been pretty staunch promoters of self-government and such as well (read some of the early sermons during the Revolutionary War period.) And the origins of modern journalism in America can be traced back to the Puritans, who were into freedom of speech as a means of arriving at theological truth. (Please note that their idea of freedom of speech was much more constrained than ours is today!)

Obviously there are other major factors at play, but dismissing all forms of Christianity out of hand as some sort of a repressive force is, based on what I've seen, bad history.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join