It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson police name Darren Wilson as officer who shot Michael Brown

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

www.usnews.com...

Don't Rush to Prosecute
Ferguson Cop, George
Zimmerman Lawyer Says

'Every fact is going to be relevant,' says
Mark O'Mara.

'Nuff said.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Why? He is lying about the incident saying he was not at the store and was. Any lawyer can get him scrubbed. Next....and our tax dollars are protecting a suspected criminal. I think I will take my pants off and do the crazy dance!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

Do you have a source that says the robbery took place at the QT?

I am just going by what I have heard on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News today...just flipping between all of them...and they have all said that the robbery was not at the QT but a convenience store down the street from the QT.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if it was the QT or not....does it?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wiz4769
I saw this and can admit I unknowingly quoted false info that had been posted about this . After looking more into it, it does appear he had no record. That is why I am holding the line of waiting for all the info, too much false info and rumors.

In light of you being so willing to understand this is a big mess, and even I have posted a few things, before I checked my sources, and fell prey to dis info drones. Now that you understand how murky the waters are here, you can go forward learn from that, and further down the rabbit hole we go!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

When the clerk tells the reporting officer the suspect head down the road toward the QT it would seem to be a different store.

link   
a reply to: synnergy

I don't care if he robbed the store or not. Cigars are not equal to a mans life.

Wrong choices were made all around this day.

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
He is lying about the incident saying he was not at the store and was.

I don't know that he denied being at the store. Do you have a link?

I think I will take my pants off and do the crazy dance!

To each, his own.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I don't care if he robbed the store or not. Cigars are not equal to a mans life.

Agree. But allegedly, he wasn't shot for stealing, he was shot for allegedly assaulting the officer.

That's for SURE!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Obviously I don't know what occurred. I can speculate, but no matter what occurred some things are more obvious than others. It should be stressed that these still images of the guy don't prove anything except that he was in the store...IF it can be shown that is him. You cannot tell a robbery is being committed by these images. If the guy was performing a robbery and had a gun, surely he would have it out and in his hand. And if that were the case I am positive that the police would have used the most damning stills from the video that they could find.

Seeing as how they didn't show him with a gun, I am willing to bet this is because there was not a gun in the first place. They say strong-arm robbery instead of armed robbery, which seems like propaganda to me, considering a robbery is either armed or unarmed. Has anyone ever heard that term used before? Maybe it is harmless, but it seems odd to me. Let's say that the officer was in the wrong. We know from prior experiences with cases like this that the rest of the police force does what they can to protect the officer. Since we know that occurs is it not possible that they might lie about what occurred? Is it not possible that they simply went and found some still images of him in the store and tried to pin a robbery on him to take the hat off of themselves? I am not stating this as fact by any means, rather I am just asking whether you believe it is possible.

But the thing is that from what I've read it was theft, not a robbery. A robbery implies holding up the cashier for the money in the till, but from what someone else said he was stealing something if I remember correctly? Again, there is no proof of this either way from what I have seen. And if this is the case I find it very hard to believe that a guy fitting this person's personality, judging by how others described him, would attack a cop..especially over a petty theft when he would not be looking at jail time anyway. I think it makes a bit more sense that these guys were profiled because they were in the same store that was robbed, or for some other reason not having anything to do with a robbery. Things may have gotten out of hand. Police officer on a power trip for all we know, and someone ends up getting shot.

I would like to know what injuries the officer had, if any. Was he sent for medical treatment because he needed it or is it procedure for psychological purposes after murdering someone? Or was it just a cover? Perhaps just procedure so it can later be claimed that the officer was attacked to the point of needing medical care. But the wounds on the officer should be documented. If they are not I will think any claims highly suspect. The long and short of it is that the officer should have a dash-mounted camera. We should be able to get a very good idea of what happened based on that evidence alone, even if it only shows a portion of the confrontation. Now if the cop turned it off or something like that, then I am definitely going to say he should not have done that, and he is probably guilty.

And if they do not release the video or do not wish to release it as evidence for the other side, perhaps they claim it "malfunctioned" or something like that...I will be very skeptical as well. Wouldn't it be convenient that the one piece of evidence that can confirm or deny the man's innocence is not released? To be clear this has not happened to my knowledge. I am just saying it would not surprise me if it does happen. Perhaps the boy did do something to get himself shot. But I would like to see incontrovertible evidence of such, considering HE is the one who ended up dead. And going by multiple eyewitness claims the guy wasn't doing anything wrong. I would rather believe the words of 10 witnesses as opposed to the guy who did the shooting, considering they are unlikely to admit if they messed up. That is common sense. We cannot trust every eyewitness to tell the truth, but the more testimonies you have the greater the chances they are accurate, as long as they generally agree on the course of events.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

They just played the video on FOX, so hopefully someone will be able to get it up on ATS pretty quick. Didn't look too good from what I saw. For Michael Brown and his friend that is.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

What did the video show? The robbing? The shooting? What?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

When force is used it became a robbery...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

dictionary.reference.com...

They just showed a vid of him getting violent with the clerk.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: synnergy

I agree, even if he strong armed robbed a store for cigars, it does not mean he should be shot.

But some people were claiming that the police officer stopped Michael Brown for no reason and Brown was just minding his own business walking down the street.

The fact that he may have been a suspect in a robbery gives justification for the police officer attempting to stop him. It doesn't justify him being shot solely for being a suspect, but we still don't have the full story on what happened during the confrontation.

So the relevancy of showing that Michael Brown robbed a store or was at least a suspect in the robbery is that it gives justification for the police officer stopping Michael Brown and not that the officer was just profiling a black male walking down the street.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Missouri Revised Statutes

Robbery in the first degree.

569.020. 1. A person commits the crime of robbery in the first degree when he forcibly steals property and in the course thereof he, or another participant in the crime,

(1) Causes serious physical injury to any person; or

(2) Is armed with a deadly weapon; or

(3) Uses or threatens the immediate use of a dangerous instrument against any person; or

(4) Displays or threatens the use of what appears to be a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.

2. Robbery in the first degree is a class A felony.

Robbery in the second degree.

569.030. 1. A person commits the crime of robbery in the second degree when he forcibly steals property.

2. Robbery in the second degree is a class B felony.

www.moga.mo.gov...
www.moga.mo.gov...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
Dorian Johnson may well be arrested and face charges before this is all said and done. If the police are calling him an accomplice, which they did in the press release, then, he has either already been charged, quietly, since he has lawyered up, or charges may be pending.

One thing became obvious, however. They gathered the video evidence, and dotted their i's and crossed their t's while Al Sharpton was lawyering Dorian up and coaching him.

The police obviously waited, and while gathering evidence, Dorian was talk, talj, talking. And, what's the first rule? NEVER TALK! But alas.

He was not reachable while slSharpton had him. So, police took advantage if that and did investigative work. You will notice that there was an outcry, "Release more information!" The police balked.

Only AFTER they got Dorian in, and some other alleged witnesses, did they begin to release information.

It was NOT because they were trying to cover anything up! It was because they didn't want to spoonfeed Dorian information! Once he was interviewed, the police began releasing information.

However, because people only see things through jade glasses at times, they never once considered this a possibility.

And, you can tell he was coached if you watch all of his interviews, from CNN, etc., then end with the MSNBC video. His story changes and gets highly embellished, which is taped AFTER meeting Al Sharpton. I watched every video available. The more he talked, the more it changed. Most drastically, with Sharpton. That is NOT a reliable witness.

Instead, he is more a viable candidate for prosecution, or, information for a plea bargain.

What I find intrigueing, however, is Jesse Jackson was said to be flying into town the same day as Sharpton. Not sure if he did or not, but, he has been freakishly quiet.

This tells me that JJ may have gotten some hint all was not swell in Mo. He is clearly watching his reputation on this one. He mouthed off early on, but has grown strangely silent. For JJ, that is. Obama should have followed his lead.

But yes, Dorian knows his butt is in a sling, and, one thing ya don't do is lie to your defense attorney.

He seemingly told him about the cigars. However, he seems to have told partial truths.

As I said, he could be accomplice to a murder. He could also be charged with obstruction of justice. Just two nice, long, sentences I can think of off the top of my head.

IF he is looking for his 15 minutes, and really didn't see the whole thing, they may get him on the strong arm.

On the other hand, they could go full monty, and go conspiracy, obstruction, accomplice to murder, and witholding evidence in a crime. With all of that, they can buy a full confession for immunity or maybe a reduced sentence.

Either way, Dorian has a reason, right now, to consider a one way ticket to May Hee Co.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

What did the video show? The robbing? The shooting? What?

It showed the strong arm robbery at the store, showing Michael Brown handing his friend a stack of Swisher Sweet packages, then going back across counter for more. The owner/cashier confronted him and got some back, but not all. Ending with the cashier being grabbed and shoved, then getting a phone and following him out of the store.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

As I said, he could be accomplice to a murder.

How could he be an accomplice to a murder?

I'm not following you on that.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
Well, they called it a strong arm robbery. Must be a different statute, I am thinking.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Here's the surveillance video

edit on 15-8-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join