It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson police name Darren Wilson as officer who shot Michael Brown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
FERGUSON, Missouri -- The police officer who fatally shot unarmed teen Michael Brown, prompting days of unrest in Ferguson, Missouri and rallies nationwide, has been identified as Darren Wilson.

Source Link 2
I always ask my readers to verify this information on their own too.

A 6 year veteran of the Local area.
He was said to have grown up in the area, and has no background that would be a sign that he has been abusive in the past.

They are also pushing this whole, Robbery at a store. They are making non direct claims that Mike Brown was one of the Strong Arm robbers, and this was why he fit the description.

Seems odd to me personal. But with this breaking news. I will do my own back ground search, and find others who have better access to full background checks. No one wants to see any harm to come Wilson family. But make no mistake, we Want answers. And justice will be done. Darren Wilson must answer for this. It seems fishy, that they just didn't come out and say what happened. Is there not a Desk cam in Darren's Car, the struggle did happen in and close to the car at the start.

Police have said the 18-year-old Brown, who is black, was shot after the officer encountered him and another man on the street. They say one of the men pushed the officer into his squad car, then physically assaulted him in the vehicle and struggled with the officer over the officer's weapon. At least one shot was fired inside the car. The struggle then spilled onto the street, where Brown was shot multiple times. Witnesses have said the officer fired on Brown as he tried to run away.

They are really pushing that is was Brown who was in the convenient store, stealing cigars. (If this is true, it could change everything. I am praying that this is just a BS Spin that Wilson and the department has come up with to help protect him from a HUGE landslide.
My personal feelings is this.

Darren should just fess up to the mistake, and take his punishment like a man, and to show some respect for the BOY he killed. But.. We shall see how this is spinned.. What is true? Was he in on that Strong Arm Robbery?
I think they are covering up something.

Or his Department and other will cover it up, and protect him. And that will only make matter worse. Trust me, people are not going to take it anymore. There will be justice this time. Or it will get ugly, and I am sympathetic to all there. And I can only hope for a peaceful solution.
edit on 15-8-2014 by zysin5 because: spelling edit

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

Notice: removed link due to information posted being claimed as an error. Apolgies if this is the case. Will follow up.

There are stills off the QT video surveillance showing Michael Brown robbing the store.

Ouch.

The officer was admitted to the hospital with injuries, treated, and released. The date of release was not yet given.

There may be video to come from the QT robbery. A strong arm robbery assumes the person is armed and dangerous.

Edited to remove error in information. Apologies for the error.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

I have not been involved in the discussions of this case here, but I'm glad the officer's name has been released. I looked at your source and saw this:

They say one of the men pushed the officer into his squad car, then physically assaulted him in the vehicle and struggled with the officer over the officer's weapon.

OK. That officer is lying. That is a (very bad) cover story. He should be brought up on charges and legally tried for murder, IMO.

a reply to: Libertygal

Your link doesn't work for me. Maybe it's been taken down?

originally posted by: Libertygal
There are stills off the QT video surveillance showing Michael Brown robbing the store.

If this is true, I will recant what I said above.
edit on 8/15/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

They have a video of MB robbing a QT?

Can you post a link?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
No video was released to the media yet, only stills.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: synnergy

Right only pamphlets as well it seems.

Think about it.. They had time to make pamphlets with all the "info" that they need to know.
Plus smoke screen it with some unseen video. and lots of speculation.

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Nice to see you again BH!
I just found something real in this topic here, and have been taking some of my time to reach out and connect with those with boots on the ground. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us this morning.

I just ask any members who do their own research per my request on this topic. But please site your sources, provide links if you have more information. Not bold lies, that can not be backed up by some creditable source link.
Right now, I am going off MSM at the moment. sadly this is all we have at the moment to go off.
And they did not say much about the officer, but left us holding this bag of questions, that no one can answer, but makes for further confusion and division in our society.
edit on 22614061385 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Can you post a link?

The reporters are saying it is in the press kits the Police Chief gave out. They are going to be showing them shortly on tv, as soon as they can get them up, I am guessing. They have stills in the oress kits handed out, not sure if/when the video will be released.

link   
Here's a link to a page with still of the QT camera footage.

Link

The stills only show an altercation and I can't tell if it's MB or not. I don't see a weapon drawn.
edit on 8/15/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Edit: Saw more pictures. The clothes and shoes do look like him.(comparing to photo of him lying in street)
Witnesses have stated that he had his hands up when shot and killed.

edit on 15-8-2014 by synnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Here is a link to the Ethical Society of Police, of which Darren Wilson was recently elected President.
Ethical Society of Police
His photo is there.

This may all be incorrect info!

Please see my later post in this thread on page 3.
The Society for Ethical Police are saying that the shooter is a different person.... not the president of their organization!
edit on bu312014-08-15T10:18:14-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 15 Aug 2014 10:18:14 -050010u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Removed pic due to claim it was incorrect information. Appologies if this is the case. Will continue to follow the information.

They just stated there was an accomplice. An accomplice named Johnson. This is why they waited to interview Dorian Johnson. They let him talj, talk, talk, on television. Then, brought him in for questioning.

Also, one of the reasons they witheld info, so Johnson would bury himself. Accomplice to a murder is a bad, bad, thing.

Edited to remove image due to error.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Can you post a link?

The Press Package passed out at the presser, contained the incident report of the strong armed robbery and includes pics of supposedly Michael Brown. The police are now claiming the suspect IS Michael Brown, and they will release the video from the robbery later today. Fox News is showing the contents of the press package including th pic of Bron at the robbery.

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Expect this story to fall to the wayside before long. Facts are piling up against Brown and the officer will be cleared. People REALLY should have waited for all the facts on this before jumping to conclusions. But many will say they are just covering up for the officer and never admit they were wrong on this particular case.

Does that mean police brutality doesnt occur? Hell no, we have seen too much lately to believe that, but it does mean that not every case of an officer shooting is because of this. There are bad guys out there, and sometimes they pay the consequences. Sad that it sometimes means losing a life.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Wiz4769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

That's definitely the clothing he was seen laying dead in the street in. You can also tell he was 6'3-6'4", and 300+ lbs.

That is quite clear.

This also makes Dorian Johnson an accomplice, if they have him there, too.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

This is all just coming out, for once in my life I am starting to see CNN really do some reporting, and being honest about things. They are not in favor of how the cops are acting, and have been acting.
Pointing out that the report that was just given, leads to assumptions about this Robbery you linked too.
And some white washing something, that could have been said within these last 5 days. Why hold back?

Why without the Dash board Police Cam, Darren's Dask Cam.

Brown's eye witness claims both of them, where both spot on, and did not vary. CNN did a good job on places the two videos side by side, to see how well the story was told, in the say way! Like when people are telling the truth.

I believe in Mike Brown and this cause. If I turn out to be wrong, and Mike is proven to have anything to do with these "robbery" videos, I will have cross that bridge when we come to it.
But as it stands, Mike Browns innocence stands valid, he was a kid out walking about his area. And wilson pulls up on them, after getting a call about a robbery. Then profiling Big Mike as the perp, and went GO HO! Solo mission, type BS that always leads to someone getting hurt.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Wiz4769

I'm confused here. If MB robbed the store with a weapon, why was there no weapon found on him at the scene of the shooting? Also, even if he was a suspect was there any reason for the officer to completely empty his weapon on him?

Either way, you're right that people should have waited to pass judgement in this case.
edit on 8/15/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Can anyone imagine that there is a racial aspect to this?
Now that we know that the shooter was the President of the Ethical Society of Police, I wonder if there may have been good reason for the shooting, and that the eyewitness (possible partner in crime) was lying about how it went down?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Pic in press package given out to reporters showing they say Michael Brown at robbery in store.

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Wiz4769

I'm confused here. If MB robber the store with a weapon, why was there no weapon found on him at the scene of the shooting? Also, even if he was a suspect was there any reason for the officer to completely empty his weapon on him?

Either way, you're right that people should have waited to pass judgement in this case.

Maybe he dropped the weapon in a trash can when police approached?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I'm confused here. If MB robber the store with a weapon, why was there no weapon found on him at the scene of the shooting?

I heard some whisperings that a certain cop got shot.

The kid could have easily ditched the gun. Perhaps that's why he ran.

Nothing is definitive yet.

The cop used to be a white racist, not he's a black guy.

The kid used to be a teddy bear, looks like he's not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join