It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson police name Darren Wilson as officer who shot Michael Brown

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: govmule
a reply to: kruphix

There was more than just one witness, I have seen video testimony (that is easily found on the net) of a 27 year old black woman who saw the shooting, she basically describes exactly what MB's friend said happened, I doubt she was in on the robbery also? It is also reported that several cars were stopped behind the officers vehicle while he engaged MB and blocked the road so that means there are at least an additional two more witnesses, that makes four. I suppose the next thing people will say is all the witnesses were black so they are being racist in their testimony. It is no wonder why the black community is tired of this, so am I.

I'm confused--no cop can be trusted to give testimony because of racism but testimony of people who may or may not have an axe to grind must be believed because of racism?

Sharpton has already gotten to a bunch of "witnesses" together for coaching of what they are supposed to say. Remember Sharpton and the Tawana Brawley case? Anything he gets involved in must be suspect.
edit on 15-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If brown did in fact commit a robbery, walking down the middle of the street and giving the police back talk about it would seem to be quite stupid. It wouldn't surprise me though.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn
Thanks for putting this up.
I knew that I read it, but was having trouble finding the link.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
I think profiling is a huge issue...but I don't think it is an issue in this case since it is now known about the robbery.

Profiling isn't only used when STOPPING a person. It's also used when deciding to shoot a fleeing person in the back (if that's what happened). My suspicion is that if it had been a white kid, the officer would have called for back-up and there would have been a chase and an apprehension, followed by a trial in court.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
We also have to take the HISTORY of the Ferguson PD into account.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems they don't have a shining history.

You do realize Brown has a pretty bad rap sheet right? Sure you want to bring up history of both sides??

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I am skeptical. I'm not saying I believe her. I'm on the fence with sheepslayer. See us sitting there holding hands?

Yes, it's quite nice up here. You do have to watch your head, though, so you don't get hit by the poo being flung from both sides.
edit on 8/15/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

How does one racial profile in a black neighborhood?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wiz4769

You do realize Brown has a pretty bad rap sheet right? Sure you want to bring up history of both sides??

Wiz. Now you are will fulling spreading dis info in this thread.
Mike Brown does not have a Rap sheet. I personally researched it myself. Came up with some False leads.

Share your links and site your sources, Or please do not come in here and waste our time, and spread your dis info.
This is the 2nd time you have posted in here, with Wild claims, But no sources to back up your claims.
Stop making yourself be *that guy*

And yes, we want to bring up both sides.. kind of what this is all about.

edit on 22614360485 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The history of the PD has nothing to do with his incident.

That is totally irrelevant, and a straw man.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I think profiling is a huge issue...but I don't think it is an issue in this case since it is now known about the robbery.

Profiling isn't only used when STOPPING a person. It's also used when deciding to shoot a fleeing person in the back (if that's what happened). My suspicion is that if it had been a white kid, the officer would have called for back-up and there would have been a chase and an apprehension, followed by a trial in court.

That is all speculation on your part.

We have one side of the story right now, I'm fine waiting for the facts until I make my decision without speculating on possible racial motives for the shooting.

In my opinion, speculation helps nothing, especially when you interject racial motives into your speculation without having any facts to back up that speculation.

Now that the officers name is known, maybe we will find out more about him.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5
I agree the DA stated he has no record. There is absolutely no reason to believe the DA would lie.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Yes, I think that's been brought out many times on the board. I hadn't seen the history of the PD, however.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Your assuming which you just told others not to do.

But your leaving alot of facts out of the equation. Brown is 6'4" and 300lbs, regardless of his skin color more caution and self preservation must be used when dealing with these added facts, so no I believe if he was white and that size and believed to of just committed a violent crime he would have been treated the same, but we cant know what was going thru that officers mind can we. I can only say I would have reacted the same

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Brown is a US citizen that has rights to due process. So his past is irrelevant in this case.

On the other hand, if the PD has a history of violence, brutality, etc......it may give us some insight in to why this situation went downhill so fast and show that some major issues need to be addressed for the sake of the public.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

How does one racial profile in a black neighborhood?

Ferguson is 67% black. I explained what I meant and I am done talking about profiling. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ferguson Census
edit on 8/15/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm still firmly planted on the fence in this since we still do not have nearly all the facts and as I've said before on other threads, I don't really consider witness statements unless they're backed by evidence. In this case, the new evidence trickling out IMO seems to contradict statements made by Johnson, or at very least, show he omitted critical information.

The thing is, if this turns out to be a justified shooting and that the only person who gets arrested is Johnson (if he is in fact an accomplice to the robbery), then I will be upset that an entire community was put into chaos for days, people were injured and businesses were destroyed all to protest an injustice that never happened. This whole thing will likely lesson the value of any future protests of police brutality/excessive force in the future because people will question the validity of them.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Your assuming which you just told others not to do.

I said "I suspect".

Assume: to accept that something is true without checking or confirming it
Suspect: to think that something is probable or likely

I'm really done with your nit-picking. I want to discuss the thread subject, so I will not respond to these silly little posts.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Its all good now Cpt Johnson says from now on all we are going to see is "smiles and hugs"
This from the live feed right now

He also said 'lets not burn down our own neighborhood"

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix
I am not outraged at anything. I am mostly amused, to be honest, at peoples' reactions.

This whole case is easily predictable, all the way to the judge and jury selection and even the verdict.

People have already overlooked, or ignored, things that have been presented. Just as before.

Either by lack of information due to the media's unwillingness to carry it, or, by willful ignorance in refusing to see it when presented.

I posted two days ago that he was a robbery suspect, that he stole from the QT, and that was why the QT was burned down and been ground zero for everything.

So, the fact that they have it in video is only a surprise to those who don't wish to see.

Kind of like, the dead body pictures all over the place online, and the declarations he was shot in the back, and not one spec of blood from an entry or exit wound on that pure white shirt.

Every thread has been emotional, not like ATS used to be, where people would look at and discuss evidence.

It's all about race now. But, it's not.

It's about claims he was shot in the back, and you can't see the blood on his shirt.

How the claim was made he robbed a store, and now some folks are butt hurt.

Want to know how this case will turn out? Go review the Trayvon Martin case. It is playing out exactly the same.

Then, you too can predict the future.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Whites..Blacks...Hispanics....Asians...they ALL get shot by police. Enough of the 'profiling' whether or not to shoot.

Profiling is something that should be done and deters LOTS of crime.

If there is a white kid at 11 pm in a area that is 95% black and a known drug area...pull him over. 5 to 1 he has dope or is looking.

A group of teenagers out at 11 PM in a gated community with a backpack. Stop them. Rich kids smash and grab for fun too and many are high when they do it. Race has nothing to do with it.

If a woman is strolling an avenue up and down does it make her a hooker? Nope, but in some areas of town it does. But no, we should not profile crackheads spreading disease right??

As another poster said this is the MSM trying to once again divide the country. Read this story about a black cop with a history of violence who shot a white veteran.

[url=http://www.texasgopvote.com/issues/restore-families/justice-james-black-cop-shoots-unarmed-white-veteran-orange-tx-over-racial-slur-0057061]Link[ /url]

James Whitehead was a white veteran who had recently come back from war. Orange, TX Police Officer Robert Arnold (who has a history of violence) shot and killed unarmed James Whitehead. Arnold is black. Arnold was not in his uniform and did not have a badge. Whitehead got into a verbal altercation about a bad part for his vehicle. James Whitehead did not ever get violent or attack Arnold or anyone else. Whitehead was wrong to get into a verbal altercation but at most he would have gotten a ticket and a fine. Whitehead decided to stop arguing and just leave and that is when Arnold shot the unarmed man dead right on the spot. Arnold was fired for the incident and for his other violent past incidents. Even Arnold's fellow police officers wanted Arnold to be charged with murder. Arnold was never charged and got away with murder. Arnold has enlisted race baiter Lawyer Cade Bernsen (the white Al Sharpton) to sue the city claiming he was fired because he was black and not because he shot an unarmed white man. - See more at: www.texasgopvote.com... RjCnL.dpuf

I don't remember that town in Texas having local businesses burnt to the ground....

This was not a kid...he was over 18, 6'5' and weighed over 300 lbs. He was not weak. There are pics with him throwing signs, acting tough...not one reading a book or helping the community.

edit on 08am31amfu2014-08-15T11:22:17-05:001117 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join