It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson police name Darren Wilson as officer who shot Michael Brown

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: synnergy

You cannot release information right away. You may influence witness statements, and spoon feed them facts they can manipulate and use in their statements.

Mom is angry the police released this video of Michael committing a robbery.

Once they got the witness statements, they had no choice, they were forced to release information by both the demanding public as well as government officials. This likely would not have come out until discovery, at trial, otherwise.

The truth hurts, just like it did with Trayvon, whom the media, with the help of the mother, painted as an innocent angel.

They still continue to use his 12 year old photo, which was shockingly deceptive, or the photoshopped image of him in the white hoodie, looking angelic.

Fortunately, the tactics are not being allowed to be played in this case. It's not going according to their plans.

Now, time to fire the Police Chief, or demand his resignation, right? Just like in Florida.

You know. I feel really sorry for the other men and women on that police force, because this entire country, media, both citizens and government, have demeaned and undermined them, and likely destroyed their morale.

You are all certainly aware, I hope, that this police force was NOT the one out there in SWAT gear.

Btw, another news conference coming at 3pm.

Have fun. I am going to bed.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lynn112

You may be right.
But that's a very sad thing. Especially if the officer was just defending himself. His life will be changed forever. I hope more ''Facts'' come out instead of conjecture.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lynn112

You and I don't know. I don't need to know. I really believe its the system that's wrong and if we resolve the errors in the system this will stop happening.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: synnergy

The truth coming out is really all we can hope for at this point and maybe, just maybe we can all learn from what happened.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wiz4769
Or maybe he ran off as soon as the fighting started and did not see anything. If he was there and saw what happened, he would not be just let go on this deal. So either he lied and did not see a thing and the cop said as much that he ran. Or they are just waiting and will end up arresting him. Hell who knows , so many things dont add up, why not add one more to the mix...

True. They could be leaving him alone, quite simply to tag him, tap his phone, and gather more evidence. They have no limit on statute of limitations in most states.

He could be arrested in a year or ten.

However, it is most likely he turned states evidence after his admission they stole the cigars.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

It's all good. We all feel it, and it's good we have each other to talk to and work things out. Maybe more people need to find ATS.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

I think what they are trying to say (his family) is that theft/robbery of cigars doesn't warrant a death. If the shoe was on the other foot we would likely feel the same way.

They feel there's enough evidence showing it was an unlawful shooting. Though, it could be combined with built angst from past issues with the police dept. as well.

I see many different photos of Michael Brown. All different ages. But I've done a lot of searches too.

I want to be objective and will continue to try to. But I can't say who's planning what and who's wrong or who's lying. It's all just guesswork.

But then again this is the forum for that

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It still isn't clear what happened at the police vehicle. He may have attacked the officer, maybe he didn't. That would change the situation.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sorry. As far as typical, it showed that he had no fear. Snatch and grabs are very common. This guy looked like he felt he was above the law.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Darren Wilson did NOT know about the robbery when he stopped Brown.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Profiling is back on the table.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Darren Wilson did NOT know about the robbery when he stopped Brown.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Profiling is back on the table.

How sad.

One of the reasons I was sort of relieved when someone posted that the cop was black (which later turned out to be false), is because it would put a squash on the entire race issue. But it appears that we will have to deal with the racial aspect no matter what.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Now we are back to why did a black man walking in the street end up shot multiple times. If Wilson didn't know about the robbery a lot of speculation made here is out the window. It will be interesting to see the autopsy report. It was stated he was shot once at close range (out the window), then in the back (after the officer left the car, this reportedly stopped him), then he was shot several more times including the head, 35 feet from the car. The report will either verify this or dismiss at least one witnesses testimony. I do not understand why the Ferguson PD would release the robbery video today when the officer that shot him didn't know about it, what a bunch of boneheads, are they looking for more riots? That should have been released after the rioting had stopped for at least a few days.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: govmule

The rioting stopped days ago, it was one night.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Store owner did not call cops for 'robbery'. Customer did according to the attorney for Ferguson's Market.

fox2news

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
But it appears that we will have to deal with the racial aspect no matter what.

Yes. I think it's time we listen to the people of Ferguson and respect that they know what's happening in their town. The way this whole thing is unfolding makes me really suspicious that the PD is hiding information. Soon after the Police Chief announced that Wilson knew nothing about the robbery, he came back and announced that Wilson DID know about it and had seen the cigarillos and put two and two together... and DID stop Brown for suspicion of robbery. I suspect after his first statement, he was "set straight" on the official story... It's a mess, for sure.

originally posted by: govmule
I do not understand why the Ferguson PD would release the robbery video today when the officer that shot him didn't know about it,

One reason would be to make sure everyone knows that Brown wasn't an innocent angel and remove any sympathy people might be feeling for him.

Another is distraction. The robbery really had NOTHING to do with the circumstances around death of Brown or the cop's justification for killing him. But if the PD can get everyone interested in the robbery, maybe the death will just fade into the background and become just "part" of the story, instead of the focus.

But I don't know why they're doing anything the way they are. It sure makes things look suspicious to me, though.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
More looting last night...Police stood down and what look what happened. Police step in and no looting and everyone yells POLICE STATE!

It is a deterrent. It is very sad that it has come to that in this community but it is the only thing protecting local business at this point.

If that was my shop, I would have shot anyone who entered the establishment...the folks doing the looting are the same as the man, not kid, who stole the blunt wraps and pushed the owner. No respect for authority and take what they want.

For the shooting, I really wish that there was a dash cam. I am hoping that there is some type of CCTV footage that comes to light. A man assaulted an officer for fear of arrest and was shot. This was not a random execution in the street. Of course he ran...he was shot, scared and was a big man. People do not drop like the movies....

Here is some new footage just after he was shot...

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

Dorian Johnson may well be arrested and face charges before this is all said and done. If the police are calling him an accomplice, which they did in the press release, then, he has either already been charged, quietly, since he has lawyered up, or charges may be pending.

Police Chief Jackson said that Johnson would not be charged in the alleged robbery stating that they had determined he didn't steal anything or use force.

en.wikipedia.org...

What other charges could be pending?

As I said, he could be accomplice to a murder. He could also be charged with obstruction of justice. Just two nice, long, sentences I can think of off the top of my head.

Well, it is a technicality. If the DA goes to the Grand Jury and gets a True Bill, and they decide to try him on murder one, which they would likely, if they want to push the "unarmed shot in the back" thing, then, Dorian, having been a witness, and witholding evidence, then he becomes "accomplice to murder in the first degree".

Sorry about the fragmented quoting, but i'm also having a hard time following you here. What evidence could he be withholding?

How did you get from 'no charges' to 'accomplice to a murder'?

edit on 16-8-2014 by Millers because: link

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thanks for your presence here BH.
In light of everything, until more information comes out I am going to take a step back.
I have already been shown to have put up wrong information, painting brown as innocent kid. When in fact he was caught on camera being a bully/criminal.
That is why they released that video I already get it.
I also get the fact that it might be some kind of cover up.

Why wait 4 days to release that information. And the officer as BH pointed out, did NOT know about the robbery. Just so much of this seems Fishy to me.
They take 4 days.. Plenty of time, to make pamphlets, photo shop everything they needed to photo shop, and just IMO seems really down right fishy to me. Does not sit right with me ONE bit.
This officer is going to get away with it. That is what this all tells me. Wilson is going to get away with murder. And if he does. Well, I will just keep my thoughts to myself for the moment, I had high hopes, I still keep those high hopes.

BUT. This does not clear anyone for that kind of force. This is about more than just Mike Brown at this point. This was the straw that broke the camels back. For decades of abuse by police, and the militarization of police forces all over the USA. This does not excuse the officers actions.

Yet it really did serve to hurt Browns personal case I will admit, people will now look at this differently..
You and I can see through the fog of war they just put down here. But we are reasonable folks. Not everyone is going to listen to reason, and the division starts.

Thanks for being here, and I will keep on helping fighting the good fight, but best I step back a bit, I got into a little trouble here yesterday. And I made a poor choice, and got angry on here. Turns out the other guy was right, I was wrong. And I allowed my passion to fog my judgement, I acted to quick before it was clear yes, that was Mike Brown in the video. Damn..

But like I said, this is more than just one case. This is the build up of decades of abuse by the police..

It has been peaceful demonstrations the past few days, no swat officers, no more looting. The Highway patrol stepped in and started talking to the people here, and bringing much more reasonable actions on BOTH sides.

Both sides screwed up. Unstoppable force meets and an unmovable object. Thankfully things seem under control, and we can move forward. But I sure did LEARN a BIG lesson on my end. I am upset, but the facts are the facts, and NO matter how much I might not agree with them, it is what it is. And I won't and can't defend Brown's actions for being a knucklehead.

They should have released that information much SOONER. Still seems fishy to me.. but it is what it is at this point.. very frustrating.
edit on 22714453385 by zysin5 because: spelling edit

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The main issue for me is why are the police standing down to looting, but attacking and arresting protesters and journalists?

I really don't trust the competence of the authorities.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It's sad that what happened at the store does actually remove sympathy. Angel? Obviously not, even though we don't know exactly what happened in either situation, the crime or the gunning down... we know that Brown did walk out of that store with cigars that he didn't pay for... he made the wrong choice if there was a choice to be made but that doesn't make the man a 'thug'. The cop made worse choices and the FPD is seemingly choosing to try to cover it up albeit almost comically (if the tragedy of a lost human life is put aside) through their very own Barney Fife.

An 18 year old man that would have began college last Monday is dead, someone's son, someone's friend, someone's nephew, someone's cousin... just gone. Why it concerns us is because it was at the hands of Law Enforcement paid with tax dollars through policies put in place through State and Federal Justice agencies... paid for with our tax dollars. Our wars on drugs, terror, poverty, crime... disproportionate failures that we glaringly, need to address and reform.

But nationally the conversation never gets that far does it? It ends with 'thugs get what they deserve'. It never seems to dawn on those content that a thug (of any color) has been put down, that they themselves aren't served any better than the thug, by a law enforcement and justice system that functions as they do currently.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join