It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson police name Darren Wilson as officer who shot Michael Brown

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Libertygal

As I said, he could be accomplice to a murder.

How could he be an accomplice to a murder?

I'm not following you on that.

Well, it is a technicality. If the DA goes to the Grand Jury and gets a True Bill, and they decide to try him on murder one, which they would likely, if they want to push the "unarmed shot in the back" thing, then, Dorian, having been a witness, and witholding evidence, then he becomes "accomplice to murder in the first degree".

(Sorry hit post early)

In most states, in most felony crimes, which this would become a Capitol Crime, meaning possibly a death penalty case, but that's beside the point, anyone that has information of a crime and witholds that evidence can be tried on that crime as if they committed it themselves.

So, for instance, you know of a kidnapping. You fail to turn in the kidnapper. It comes out after said kidnapper is caught that you knew all along, you are then charged with the same crime as if you were the kidnapper. You face the same exact charges, penalties, fines, etc., up to, and including the death penalty.

The Manson Family is a great example.

It would not even be unrealistic that the cop could be aquitted, however, Dorian could face life imprisonment, even the Death Penalty, simply based on the fact he witheld information.

The penalties stack up then, too, if the cop is aquitted, because his witholding of information was potentially detrimental to the cop.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal
a reply to: roadgravel
Well, they called it a strong arm robbery. Must be a different statute, I am thinking

I don't think the strong arm is a term that is in the law. Just a description people are using. I don't see it so far.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: retiredTxn

Here's the surveillance video

Well, that is pretty damn clear that it is the same person as the person in the pictures showing Michael Brown dead in the street.

Again, this alone doesn't justify him being shot...but it does justify the police officer stopping him as a suspect.

I know some people won't agree...but it does also show that Michael Brown, at least on this day, was hostile.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Strange video. They are very calm about the whole thing and the friend (Johnson?) puts something back on the counter. Doesn't seem like a typical robbery to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I think that is a stretch and don't think that is actually how it would work in this case.

If the witness is lying...he isn't lying to try to cover up a murder...so I don't think he can be charged with murder himself.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

innocent until proven guilty

Since when?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There is no doubt in the matter of him robbing the store, this should really be put to rest. Now its a matter of trying to find facts of what happened after this and when the officer confronted him. It really does suck there is no dash cam footage or anything, because if they had footage like they did of the store robbery, we would be moving on by now.

Boy everyone involved in this story has messed it up in some way, cops, media and those wanting camera time which I guess points at media again...add in looters and you got one big mess and a lot of people wanting answers on both sides...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

a reply to: roadgravel
Well, they called it a strong arm robbery. Must be a different statute, I am thinking

I don't think the strong arm is a term that is in the law. Just a description people are using. I don't see it so far.

Thanks for looking. I would like to research that, myself. It surely must be a legal term, if they are using it as such. I find that interesting.

I worked all night, so have to sleep eventually, but now it would be interesting to know how the Mo laws are on Death Penalty, accomplice, perjury, and Murder One, Two, and manslaughter.

All of the degrees of murder were potentials in the Zimmerman case. I wonder also what the law enforcement Code of Ethics is there, on Use of Force, Stand Your Ground, and deadly force.

Lots of research to do now. Lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Is the smaller guy in the white shirt with the other two?

edit on 15-8-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I agree. I guess my post didn't make that clear. It was early for me.

Even the worst of people, murderer and rape suspects are able to put their hands up and get taken into custody.

It was an Execution in the streets.

It's interesting how they release both officer's name AND the claim of a robbery at the same time. After 5 plus days. Hmm...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

a reply to: zysin5
It's legal to shoot a fleeing felon. The felony wasn't stealing the cigars, it was striking the cop, and trying to take his gun. That is the felony that allows for deadly force.

Even striking or kicking a police dog is a felony, as they are seen as an officer of the law.

It carries the same penalties, if you kill or injure the dog.

Ok, so emptying your clip into an unarmed man with his hands in the air that you've already shot twice is justified lethal force.

Police dogs are the same as human police officers, but all the civilian dogs killed by cops every day are just animals.

Thanks for letting me know so I can adjust my moral compass.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
A typical robbery?

It is. Big ass dude take something and pushes smaller person around. Hmmm...just like a car door?

Sorry, this shows justification for stopping Mr Brown. No more profiling here. There was a BOLO for someone just like him.

Now, what we need and I am sure is out there is someone who saw what really happened...not his accomplice who will step forward. I would be 5 to 1 again that the Ferguson Police have someone they have not released yet. When they do, as they have done correctly with slowly releasing information, it should show the cop was in fear of harm and fired.

The video shows Mr Brown was not to afraid of anyone based on his size and the story his accomplice told about the cop trying to pull him in the window is simply laughable at this point.

Stay in school...be a good boy...and maybe...well, scratch that...good kids in bad neighborhoods get killed by the thugs in the crossfire. It's a Mad Mad World....

link   

originally posted by: kruphix

I think that is a stretch and don't think that is actually how it would work in this case.

If the witness is lying...he isn't lying to try to cover up a murder...so I don't think he can be charged with murder himself.

You are entitled to your opinion!

There was just a recent case where an accomplice was charged with the full crime as if they committed it. Huge thread here, but I don't recall the topic, or situation.

It is clearly not a reach. I actually lived a case like this, in Florida. I had an ex, that was very abusive. I left him, and his friend, and left town.

He got involved with said friend in an armed robbery in which a knife was pulled on an elderly couple. The old man pulled out a gun, and in self defense, he shot my ex's friend between the eyes and killed him. My ex, in the meantime, fled.

He was arrested and charged with murder, and senteced to 22 years. He didn't shoot, the old man did. He was charged because he was an accomplice to the commission of a crime. He failed to turn himself in, he was caught.

So, opinions don't matter. Laws do. And, hate to tell ya, but it's a very real possibility what I outlined can happen.

link   
DP
edit on 08pm31pmfu2014-08-15T12:40:03-05:001203 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: kruphix

If you commit a crime with someone that leads to their death you can be charged. This kid thinking he was helping should not have lied.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That dude was HUGE!

"If" he was on top of me fighting I would have shot him also....just say'in.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk
Who said his hands were in the air?

The now PROVEN to be lying witness!

Who said, "He said, 'Don't shoot, I'm not armed'" in one interview, then, on an MSNBC interview, clearly answered the question, "What did he say? Did he say, 'Don't shoot'?", when questioned by Al Sharpton.

He replied, "No, he never quite got it out. He never could say anything before he was shot, then, he fell over dead."

The same lying witness, that's who!

The whole "Don't shoot, I'm not armed" was a LIE.

The entire country bought it.

So, we should buy, he had his hands in the air, too?

Yet, his arms are down his sides, along his dead body. Not up, beside his head, if the story were true.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
In California this was just applied to the guy whose girlfriend was shot during a robbery. A person can be charged with their accomplice’s death if it occurs during the commission of a crime.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Agreed. He stands at the counter waiting for the clerk to come around when he can just reach for the cigars anyway? Takes something out of his pocket puts it on the counter... then grabs a bunch of cigars hands a pack to his friend, then grabs more and a bunch fall on the floor which he then picks up and puts back on the counter...

I have a feeling there was a refusal to sell (lack of ID maybe), and it was money placed on the counter.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
In California this was just applied to the guy whose girlfriend was shot during a robbery. A person can be charged with their accomplice’s death if it occurs during the commission of a crime.

www.latimes.com...

Thank you. Much appreciate the link.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join