It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson police name Darren Wilson as officer who shot Michael Brown

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Wiz4769
Your assuming which you just told others not to do.

I said "I suspect".

Assume: to accept that something is true without checking or confirming it
Suspect: to think that something is probable or likely

I'm really done with your nit-picking. I want to discuss the thread subject, so I will not respond to these silly little posts.

Lol.
Those words mean the same thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Have the injuries Wilson sustained been released yet?

How did he get them?

I think that may play a large part in his decision to shoot Brown..

edit on 15-8-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: lynn112

Good points.

My biggest concern here is when the police are legally allowed to shoot. As a pro-2nd kind of guy, I know very well that the laws are very specific when it is justified to shoot someone.

If we assume that Brown was unarmed, did assault the Police officer but then ran....I don't think the officer was justified in his actions.

Had that been an average citizen, they would be up on murder charges.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

I posted two days ago that he was a robbery suspect, that he stole from the QT, and that was why the QT was burned down and been ground zero for everything.

I don't think it was the QT that was robbed, I believe it was a different store down the street from the QT.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lynn112
seems to contradict statements made by Johnson, or at very least, show he omitted critical information.

You bring up a good point. If the offical report at this time is true. Why is the friend who was with MB not charged with something and in jail? Or being brought in for all this. his life may be in great danger of being locked up, or somehow set up. Cops would never lie, right?

Kind of opens a whole can of worms, that seems to be Bull from the get go.
Hopefullly Johnston here can really get in here and talk this out.
He seems to be a very strong leader, and has charisma and grew up in the area.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

This is the picture they paint for us. He is on CNN right now, giving a speech. It does seem to be a really good cop. And he seems passionate about finding some common ground here.
Meet the Missouri Highway State Patrol captain who has taken over in Ferguson

He has stepped in, and the brute force cops have been said to be off the scene.
Can anyone else confirm this?
MSM is reporting peaceful, things are getting worked out now that Highway patrol has taken over.

I have read, and many others of you who live here, have seen some stuff, and reported on some of the horrible things that happened the last 4 days. Thank you for staying strong, and getting through this, and still standing strong. We must remain strong, and not become divided.
edit on 22614423085 by zysin5 because: Edit1

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Having looked at the pictures of the video stills of the store robbery incident. It does look like the big guy in the store being aggressive to another smaller person is wearing the same attire as Michael Brown laying dead in the street. Even the store's video time stamp relates appropriately. So, the cop Wilson was justified in stopping Michael Brown in the street because he certainly fits the description of the robber.

From that point things got out of hand, leading to Brown being shot, for nothing more than a box of cigars...to die for that is just pathetic! The question to ask now is...was the cop Wilson justified in using lethal force? If the answer is 'yes', then it has to be publicly evidenced that that was the case. If the answer is 'no', then the can of worms remains open, and highlights the wide-spread abusive tactics police around America have been using.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: zysin5

originally posted by: lynn112
seems to contradict statements made by Johnson, or at very least, show he omitted critical information.

You bring up a good point. If the offical report at this time is true. Why is the friend who was with MB not charged with something and in jail? Or being brought in for all this. his life may be in great danger of being locked up, or somehow set up. Cops would never lie, right?

Kind of opens a whole can of worms, that seems to be Bull from the get go.
Hopefullly Johnston here can really get in here and talk this out.
He seems to be a very strong leader, and has charisma and grew up in the area.

I don't really think the police have had time to investigate the robbery much.

Besides their regular patrol work, they have had protests non-stop since the shooting. And I would guess (hope) that any other resources are probably investigating the shooting and not the robbery.

Just because he hasn't been arrested yet doesn't mean he never will be.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If it comes out he was shot in the back there is no hiding it, the officer will go down. But if it shows he was shot facing him and point blank its case closed.

Robbery is considered a violent crime, so with that premise if Brown did attack the officer he had full justification for shooting him. This is the only hope the officer has, being unarmed only means so much when the guy was as big as he was. But if he shot him from any farther away its going to be hard for the cops case.

Again still too many facts we dont know, it all has to be considered.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

I'm pretty sure Capt. Ron Johnson will have a future in local politics in Ferguson...wouldn't be surprised if he is their next Mayor.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

We also have to take the HISTORY of the Ferguson PD into account.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems they don't have a shining history.

You do realize Brown has a pretty bad rap sheet right? Sure you want to bring up history of both sides??

ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. — An 18-year-old shot and killed near a Ferguson apartment complex Saturday afternoon had no criminal record, according to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney's office.

USA Today

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

I posted two days ago that he was a robbery suspect, that he stole from the QT, and that was why the QT was burned down and been ground zero for everything.

I don't think it was the QT that was robbed, I believe it was a different store down the street from the QT.

Yes, it was the QT. The same one that was looted, burned to the ground, and tagged with, "snitches get stitches". Go check out page 1.

I even posted the footage of the looting, and the cameraman says, "So, this is where it all started".

The QT has been ground zero from day one, because the people in the community were angry they called police on Michael.

My God, someone even posted in the thread that if it wasn't for the cops, Michael would still be alive.

Seriously?

People tried to kill the guys in the QT. They even stated they barely got out alive.

Some of the shooting and violence has likely been about that very thing. They will be lucky to live through this.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This is what I was afraid of happening upon the release of this "information"

A thread started this morning with max/+5 stars.
edit on 22614500485 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

We also have to take the HISTORY of the Ferguson PD into account.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems they don't have a shining history.

You do realize Brown has a pretty bad rap sheet right? Sure you want to bring up history of both sides??

ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. — An 18-year-old shot and killed near a Ferguson apartment complex Saturday afternoon had no criminal record, according to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney's office.

USA Today

I saw this and can admit I unknowingly quoted false info that had been posted about this . After looking more into it, it does appear he had no record. That is why I am holding the line of waiting for all the info, too much false info and rumors.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Wiz4769

Not necessarily true. Once an officer has been assaulted, it may be legal to shoot that fleeing felon in the back. For a cop.

Has anyone looked up the code? I am thinking not. A threat may not be considered neutralized until dead if he threatened to return with a weapon.

We still don't know a lot, and you are making statements based on wishful thinking, and not facts.

link   
a reply to: zysin5

Yeah, it's hard to contain the craziness. I appreciate this thread, though.
You have done your best to keep it to the facts and discuss the case.

link   
So when are they issuing a warrant for Dorian Johnson? According to the police report he was with him during the theft. I say charge him with strong arm robbery and manslaughter since his actions led to the death of Michael Brown.

Why you say...because according to his story he met up with Brown AFTER Brown left the store. Video stills show something different.

edit on 08am31amfu2014-08-15T11:45:28-05:001128 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The reporting has been that it was a different store...I believe that was stated by the police.

edit:

The cleck said something like "he went up the street toward the QT".

edit on 8/15/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

edit on 8/15/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5We need to stop blaming individuals and learn something, already. This game is getting kinda old. Same crap, different day. Remember when that BART officer, in Oakland, shot that boy, and everybody video taped it? What happened then? What will happen now?

TPTB have to be scratching their heads, saying: "Why aren't our tactics working? Why is the revolution taking so long?"

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Just keep your pants on. I have heard that he's going to be a federal witness to the shooting and is in a "safe house". I don't know that for sure, but the robbery can wait while the rioting and other nonsense gets handled. He's not going anywhere.

Bosley said that Johnson, now a federal witness, has been relocated to a nearby safe house.

Source
edit on 8/15/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join