It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson police name Darren Wilson as officer who shot Michael Brown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

She confirms that Brown was fighting with the police officer though.

Haven't you learned anything from these threads?
You are supposed to fight with police when they stop you,
and loot,
and riot.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5
It's legal to shoot a fleeing felon. The felony wasn't stealing the cigars, it was striking the cop, and trying to take his gun. That is the felony that allows for deadly force.

Even striking or kicking a police dog is a felony, as they are seen as an officer of the law.

It carries the same penalties, if you kill or injure the dog.

link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Shouldn't the same skepticism be given to this witness since she has waited so long to claim she was a witness?

I am skeptical. I'm not saying I believe her. I'm on the fence with sheepslayer. See us sitting there holding hands?

She confirms that Brown was fighting with the police officer though.

If a cop grabbed me, I may try to get away. There would be a struggle. I'm withholding judgment.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

But his accomplice already admitted to the FBI that they had been to the store.

Can you source that please?
I heard the "accomplice and he said nothing of the sort.
Where did you hear this, also if you have a link to source it, that would be great. Until then, it is just more assumptions at this point, and that can lead to frustration. which is not good for anyone right now.

We need more data.. And as the day goes on, I will come back to give updates .
They really leaked out a drop of info about the cop.

But gave everyone lots of "time" to consider this robbery. Seems like a tactic to me, a well played deflection/spread doubt card. 2 black, 2 white to play. (Magic fans will get that)
edit on 22614513985 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The only way this is similar to Trayvon Martin story is that young black men are suspects before they are thought to be innocent and people (cops or not) are more willing to shoot and kill a young black man than a white person. It's illustrative of the systemic racism in this country.

No, it is not similar in any way.

The police, in this case, had a description of a suspect who just robbed a store. It doesn't matter if it was Brown or not, the police officer is justified in stopping Brown when he fits the description of a robbery in the area. That isn't profiling...that is a match on a specific description.

If it turns out that Brown did rob that store...do you still think the police officer was unjustified in stopping Brown? Do you still think it was profiling?

Look, I'm a lefty...I speak out against racism all the time. From the information given out today...I'm not sure we can claim this was a racist reaction from the police officer. Not everything can be racism, and when we (leftist) claim everything is racism then it waters down actual racism and hurts the credibility of calling out racism in true racist cases.

Trayvon Martin's case was racism, plain and simple. Doesn't matter that Zimmerman was Hispanic...he profiled Trayvon and made racists remarks about him. We are right to call out racism in that case.

For this case, for people to start calling out racism when we still don't have all the facts, hurts any future cases of true racism.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I dont understand how you can scream about how cops will just abuse/kill a black man just because hes black and they need a person that fits the description. This is wrong...Yet you want a cops head on a platter for the injustice of all black men, you dont care whos it is, this guys will do it appears, facts be damned. Somebody has to pay even if its the wrong person....pot, kettle....did I miss where 2 wrongs now indeed do make a right??

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Wiz4769

You have not been reading the posts, and what the real thoughts are. You seem to have been misinformed friend.

This will help you research and have a better idea of what you are talking about here.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

In Ferguson, Washington Post reporter Wesley Lowery gives account of his arrest

Police Officer Caught On Video Calling Michael Brown Protesters 'F***ing Animals'

This robbery is being used to turn the discussion into Mike Brown being a suspect, and hence seeding doubt, and divide in us.
Those are a few good leads for you to start with.
edit on 22614014585 by zysin5 because: Edit1

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
If it turns out that Brown did rob that store...do you still think the police officer was unjustified in stopping Brown? Do you still think it was profiling?

I'm not saying the cop wasn't justified in stopping Brown! Please, to avoid confusion, don't make assumptions.

I think profiling of young black men exists in many areas. Many people think young black men are trouble and are more willing to shoot them than another young person.

I'm not sure we can claim this was a racist reaction from the police officer.

Neither am I.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

If a cop grabbed me, I may try to get away. There would be a struggle. I'm withholding judgment.

I would strongly advise against that.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Reading this thread is a perfect example of why knee jerk reactions are idiotic. Reading things like "the cop lied" or "he was an angel" or any other "theory" not based in fact, make perfect sense why riots and looting are happening.

People are stupid. Mob mentality removes common sense.

Let the facts come out, look at all the evidence, then make an INFORMED decision. Nobody is going anywhere on this. The dead will still be dead, and the accused will still be available for public lynching soon enough.

Perhaps you could all spend your time braiding a nice rope and noose.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal
There is a difference between the ability to use lethal force, and the amount you can justify. Once the threat is neutralized lethal force can no longer be used. Neutralizing the threat does not mean execution, that is for a jury to decide.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The HANDLING of it is is just like the Trayvon incident. Every single thing that has happened, from moment one, day one, is being handled the exact same way the Trayvon case was handled, with few exceptions.

Media calling him a "child". Check

Uniting divorced parents, presenting a united family, that didn't really exist. Check.

Saying he was visiting the grandmother, when he really lived there. Check.

Portraying him as a sweet, innocent kid, who would never do anything bad or wrong. Check.

Al Sharpton rides into town and whisks the witnesses away, likely for some healthy coaching. Yeahhhh check.

The New Black Panthers arrive, making demands and inciting violence. Yep! Check.

Holder and the DoJ, and CRS slide in under the cover of darkness. Check.

Proclomations made that tge Chief of Police should resign. Wait... wait.. I am predicting the future based on what happened in that other case.

T-shirts made the same day the innocent kid dies. Check.

Cool meme comes out the same day the sweet kid dies. Check.

Al Sharpton demands a second autopsy. Check.

The media witholds stuff till after the verdict, and pretends it wasn't out there the whole time. Wait.. wait.. predicting the future again...

People moan and cry there will be race wars if this guy is aquitted. Uhm, they didn't manage that with the last one. Seems like they set the stage well, this time.

Who's gonna play?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: zysin5

originally posted by: butcherguy

But his accomplice already admitted to the FBI that they had been to the store.

Can you source that please?
I heard the "accomplice and he said nothing of the sort.
Where did you hear this, also if you have a link to source it, that would be great. Until then, it is just more assumptions at this point, and that can lead to frustration. which is not good for anyone right now.

In an interview with msnbc shortly after the report was released, Johnson’s lawyer confirmed that Brown had taken cigars from the store. “We see that there’s tape, that they claim they got a tape that shows there was some sort of strong-armed robbery,” said Freeman Bosley, Johnson’s attorney. “We need to see that tape, my client did tell us and told the FBI that they went into the store. He told FBI that he did take cigarillos, he told that to the DOJ and the St. Louis County Police.” In an interview earlier this week, Johnson described the events of the shooting but did not mention that he and Brown had been in a convenience store just before, or that Brown had stolen anything.

Source

This was from a post on page 3 of this thread. Emphasis is mine.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

It didn't happen at the QT, the officer came from the QT. Mike Brown allegedly came from another store down the street.

link   

originally posted by: govmule
There is a difference between the ability to use lethal force, and the amount you can justify. Once the threat is neutralized lethal force can no longer be used. Neutralizing the threat does not mean execution, that is for a jury to decide.

Exactly.

That's what I said. Thanks.
We should wait. Plain and simple.

Oh, and P.S. Neutralized can mean dead. That is ok, in cases where an officer fears for his life.

Remember Zimmerman and all that criticism? "But, but, he wasn't a cop! He wasn't allowed to use lethal force!"

In most states, anyone can use lethal force if they fear for their life. A police officer is held to a higher standard, and THAT is what the jury will decide.

I also remember people saying, "His head wasn't injured THAT bad."

How bad does the cop have to be hurt before he fears for his life? *waves at the jury*

It's still also a personal decision, even if you're a cop.

And, have you seen how BIG Big Mike is, against that guy in that store? He was BIG. I can imagine just about anyone being very afraid of that unarmed man, trying to reach into your car and take your gun, likely after punching your face in.

Maybe even breaking his jaw.

Wow.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I agree, I think profiling is a huge issue...but I don't think it is an issue in this case since it is now known about the robbery. Regardless if it was Brown or not who robbed the store...he fits the description so there is no profiling in this case.

So when people start talking about profiling and racism with this case, it just hurts the fight against racism because we can't cry racism at every white/black interaction. This may be a case of over reaction of a police officer, but as of right now there is no evidence to suggest racism was the cause.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We also have to take the HISTORY of the Ferguson PD into account.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems they don't have a shining history.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Didn't MSNBC coin the phrase "white Hispanic?"

No. Not at all. A white Hispanic is a person racially white and of Hispanic descent. Like someone whose ancestors are from Spain, but was born in Mexico.

It was used by the MSM to promulgate a racially divisive agenda in that situation.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I don't care about the reaction to the situation...only the situation itself.

Seems like you are also playing right into the manufactured reaction as well...because you seem outraged that other people are responding in the way they are.

How about just wait until the facts come out and not care about how other people or the media reacts?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Those links do nothing to support anything in this case. Those are separate instances that were clearly handled wrongly.

There is video of him robbing a store, that is not some made up "seed". People are now doubting, and they should because facts that should have been waited on are coming out. Its not looking good at all, and you know it deep down inside. Most of you were ready to throw in the towel when it was first possibly wrongly announced that the cop was black, several have already edited posts , but alot of you were having much more reservations about this case at that time, then all the sudden its possibly a white guy and the same folks start right back in with all the bravado they had before because the race card was back in play.

Its not always about race, even if you want it to be, because it makes things easier to fight. Facts are facts and we still have lots of them not available, so again. Wait for the facts, real ones, not rumors or possibilities. Then things can be discussed properly without so much emotion clouding issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join