It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine sacrifices his life for others in grenade blast

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by edsinger
I had not expected the anti-soldier remarks to the degree that I saw them, this was not a 'bait' post. It was just to show that good people do good things and the man deserved to be recognized for it.

for once ed i think we actually agree on something here.
why all the anti soldier remarks?
isnt this a time for mourning?

Cool! I think....

As for the why's, it just shows you the wide range of folk in ATS and it also shows how low people can get...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I can't be bothered going through 6 pages of posts again. Can you please quote these "anti-soldier remarks". I've only seen anti-war remarks so far. Seems that everyone, regardless of their view on the invasion, has quite clearly lauded the actions of this soldier.

Perhaps you're confusing flogging the master with flogging the slave.

Edit: Raising the idea of his possible suicide, although I do not agree with this theory at all, is not an "anti-soldier remark".

[edit on 2004/11/26 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Edit: Raising the idea of his possible suicide, although I do not agree with this theory at all, is not an "anti-soldier remark".

[edit on 2004/11/26 by wecomeinpeace]

Well I disagree then, to say that this soldier did this for suicidal reasons is juts plain anti-soldier period, no matter how you look at it.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Edsinger. Before this thread turns into a one-liner thread, can you pls explain yourself a little bit more. How is that anti-soldier? If someone suspects that a doctor jumped off a building instead of being pushed off, is that an "anti-doctor" remark? Neither suggestion of motive, be it sacrifice or suicide, is a smear against the name of the soldier in question.

Just to emphasize again, I do not agree with the suicide theory, but it seems that you are blanketing all those who are against the concept of the invasion itself with an anti-soldier accusation. How is it that you are unable to seperate the two? Have you ever stopped to listen to people who are against the war and realized that they are not saying "string the soldiers up", rather they are saying "bring the boys home"? Have you ever stopped to think that morale is low in Iraq because many of the soldiers don't believe in "the cause"? Denigrating those who send soldiers to their grisly deaths for dubious causes does not by any means constitute an attack on the soldiers themselves.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
he did it to protect his squad mates how can you say its a smear?
although i do think that mabye there should be a thread to comemerate ALL the dead but hey thats just me.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea Devilwasp. Although I normally don't agree with what Edsinger has to say for once I can agree with him. I'm glad that he made this post, the thread was incoccent and thoughtfull in the beginning, but now look at it. Let's all just honor Sgt. Peralta and soldiers like him instead of bickering like the politicians we all hate.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Edsinger. Before this thread turns into a one-liner thread, can you pls explain yourself a little bit more. How is that anti-soldier? If someone suspects that a doctor jumped off a building instead of being pushed off, is that an "anti-doctor" remark? Neither suggestion of motive, be it sacrifice or suicide, is a smear against the name of the soldier in question.

It is that this man gave his life in a respectable manner for a soldier and folks just try to find a way to negate what he did. It disgusts me and whether one is for the war or not, the man gave all and that should be respected, period.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I had not expected the anti-soldier remarks to the degree that I saw them,

Yes, you expected them. Which is why you posted this thread. Ed said:

"You know, I am really surprised and want to thank all here, not one flame or bad thing said....over 200 views!"

You asked for it right there. You were practically begging for someone to chime in. You know how I know? Because of the repeated follow up posts damning people who answered your call, bumping your thread. I've been on forums for a long time now, you are extremely blatant. All we need to do is look at your Ann Coulter thread to see what you are all about.

this was not a 'bait' post. It was just to show that good people do good things and the man deserved to be recognized for it.

90% of your threads are bait, Ed. Assuming we are all fools only makes a fool of you.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Cargo

I consider your avatar to be a blanket insult to my nation and your assault on ed's motives, especially for this thread, is wholly unjustifiable.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Yes, you expected them. Which is why you posted this thread. Ed said:

"You know, I am really surprised and want to thank all here, not one flame or bad thing said....over 200 views!"

All we need to do is look at your Ann Coulter thread to see what you are all about.

90% of your threads are bait, Ed. Assuming we are all fools only makes a fool of you.

Whatever you choose to believe m8.....

As for the 200 post, can I not be thankful that no 'scum' has spoken yet? There was nothing Baiting about the post IMHO and if you think there was then fine, I don't give a #.

90% of my threads are for the people to see another viewpoint other than the one presented to them by the elitists that would sell them down the river to make a buck and Sangerites who have no love for humanity, just love of self.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

....elitists that would sell them down the river to make a buck and Sangerites who have no love for humanity, just love of self.

Umm yea, that's called politics ed. Reality check, politicians are executives of a corporation....in the business....to make money.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Grady.

Pick out my avatar in a sea of America bashing threads and posts, none of which are mine
bad form Grady. I kinda like it, it's very creative. Wish I thought of it, but I found it on the net. I've adopted it as my countrys (states) new flag.

As for your loyalty to Ed, I'm entitled to my opinion. No warns for that.

Ed, pretty self-important to think that you are the supreme balance being brought to ATS, don't ya think? You admitted yourself that you posted the Coulter thread to get a rise out of the Libs. That alone tainted the rest of your threads henceforth, imo.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamuhnUmm yea, that's called politics ed. Reality check, politicians are executives of a corporation....in the business....to make money.

Not all capitalist's are pigs, did you know that Abraham was a very wealthy man. Being rich does not one evil make. Come to think of it being poor does not either. I am neither, I work and give a fair share to do things for those who cant. And I notice that of the $1 I give over $0.82 actually goes to the purpose, unlike the federal bureaucracies and wasted monies of the UN.

Originally posted by cargo.As for your loyalty to Ed, I'm entitled to my opinion. No warns for that.Ed, pretty self-important to think that you are the supreme balance being brought to ATS, don't ya think? You admitted yourself that you posted the Coulter thread to get a rise out of the Libs. That alone tainted the rest of your threads henceforth, imo.

Like I really care what you think? Oh I am going to loose some sleep over that one!

As for Ann Coulter, it sure was nice to see how that woman can get under the liberals skin. Hit em with truth, drives em batty!

I like her more now that I have seen the reaction because before I did not know that much about her, but she is grand!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Not all capitalist's are pigs, did you know that Abraham was a very wealthy man. Being rich does not one evil make. Come to think of it being poor does not either. I am neither, I work and give a fair share to do things for those who cant. And I notice that of the $1 I give over $0.82 actually goes to the purpose, unlike the federal bureaucracies and wasted monies of the UN.

Not capitalists ed, say it with me, p-o-l-i-t-i-c-i-a-n-s. As with any generality though, there will be exceptions, but on the whole, and especially in the higher offices, decisions are made through selfish desire. I could give you some quotes from Bush, but that would detract from the point of my post.

Though it's nice to think of our economic system as a truly free market, it isn't. In fact, all ownership is in the state, this is actually on the books. As well, we don't deal in currency of value like ole' Abraham. We deal in debt. Each dollar bill represents the debt owed to the Federal Reserve who loans the US money basically via private bankers.

And you can be sure there won't be a jubilee to save us from that!

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Pick out my avatar in a sea of America bashing threads and posts....

Thanks for making my point.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

And you can be sure there won't be a jubilee to save us from that!

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Jamuhn]

I sure wish there would be and you are right most politicians have selfish reasons for what they do but unless you stand in their shoes and know there quandaries, I would not lump them all together, just most of them.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It's not what I think Ed, it's what you think. ATS saviour, come to single handedly restore balance to the Leftist hordes seething at their keyboards. The funny thing is that you think the Left outnumbers the Right here. The last political survey polled here at ATS showed an exact 50/50 split between right and left posters here. I was shocked too! So you can rest assured Eddie, that the right doesnt really need your help, and are probably doing better without it!

By the way, I'm not left or right. So Coulter doesnt fuss me either way. Something about her skeletal masculine features and lesbianesque composure gets me feeling uncomfortable though.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Ed is a valuable contributor to this group. You might know where he's coming from in advance, but he keeps an interesting flow of matierial here and none of it is as vitriolic or one sided as most of what is posted.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Ed is a valuable contributor to this group. You might know where he's coming from in advance, but he keeps an interesting flow of matierial here and none of it is as vitriolic or one sided as most of what is posted.

Grady, as you all probably know, is the ironic jester. You so crazy Grady.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargoThe funny thing is that you think the Left outnumbers the Right here. The last political survey polled here at ATS showed an exact 50/50 split between right and left posters here. I was shocked too! So you can rest assured Eddie, that the right doesnt really need your help, and are probably doing better without it!

You seem to believe that? Well I don't at all. Maybe one considers themselves to be 'middle' when that is farthest from the truth. Need my help and the Savior of ATS?

OK man whatever, it just seems to me that the majority of posts in the sections that I watch are either anti-Bush, Anti-Christian, anti-American, anti-Iraq war. I just even it up a bit
And thanks for liking me!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join