It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine sacrifices his life for others in grenade blast

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Thanks for making my point.

Try harder grady. Maybe I should slap a swastika on it to really give you something to cry about?

So bitter...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
All those who are against this war need to realize this war is the same as any war that has taken place throughout history. There is no such thing as a righteous war. The United States and its soldiers are fighting to protect our way of life. These soldiers were not drafted but signed up to fight for its country and in general these soldiers are happy to fight for there cause. Death happens in war, That is the point of fighting to kill the enemy. For all the Americans and the world for that matter that said these soldiers are dying for no reason, this is the job these men picked. For the job these men have been degraded and put down. The NFL draftee who recently lost his life in Iraq was called an idiot and foolish by a liberal political cartoonist. This man fought bravely and died so this man could speak his mind, but the same right this man uses so freely is at the cost of some of our countrys bravest. The point of the matter is even if we were not in the middle east we would still be hated. If we were not over there fighting, they would be in our cities terror bombing or bombing our embasy's. This marine who died for his fellow soldiers deserves to be congratulated and his family thanked so his family would feel proud of what he did. Not condemned by people who take the freedom these men fought for so forgranted. These men are heroes fighting for our freedom, remember that before you talk negatively about these men.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This has gotten WAY off-topic.

Anymore off-topic back and forth bickering and we'll have to close the thread and that would be pretty sad considering the nature of the topic.

PA

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
This has gotten WAY off-topic.
Anymore off-topic back and forth bickering and we'll have to close the thread and that would be pretty sad considering the nature of the topic.
PA

If that happens, they win! This thread is about Honor and sacrifice that one man gave so unselfishly to save his fellow Marines. Those that 'degrade' this mans actions only make themselves look the fool, even in ATS. Although some will choose not to respond, they do feel it in their hearts unless they don't have one.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
He's already earned a Purple Heart and could possibly be awarded the Medal of Honor as well. I think he's very deserving as he wore his honor on his sleeve for his fellow Marines. He was buried Tuesday followed by a ceremony at Fort Rosecrans.

A Marine who was mourned during a special ceremony Tuesday could be in line for the Medal of Honor, his friends said.

Sgt. Raphael Peralta, 25, has already been posthumously awarded the Purple Heart for actions in Fallujah, where he threw himself onto a grenade to save the lives of fellow Marines, according to The Army Times.

"There is no other description that I can give about him, other than to say he always gave his best," one Marine said. "To us Marines, the honor, courage and commitment that we give out there -- that he gave out there -- is what makes us keep going."

www.nbcsandiego.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
According to this article, Peralta's fiancee was on her way to Hawaii in 2003 to marry him, when her mother died. She had to return to the States immediately, without marrying, and while on her way to her mother's funeral she was fatally injured in a car accident. By the time her family was able to contact Rafael, she had already been buried. There has been a lot of grief in this family.

www.signonsandiego.com...

[edit on 04/11/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Oh my ! That is just sad. This poor man! At least we can take some comfort that he is in a better place now.

May God Bless his soul and family in these very difficult times.

edit:

And again, he mentioned he was still having the dream � that Maritca said she was coming to get him.

Oh man...........this is too sad.

[edit on 27-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
From a fellow Sgt in the Singapore Army to a fellow Sgt in the US Marines,I salute your bravery and courage SGT Rafael Peralta.May you rest in peace and God give you eternal rest.Amen.

Semper Fi, fellow soldier.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The nonsense and childish behaviour on this thread is dispicable. Especially coming from the canadian cargo poster... It's obvious you have a hard on for the US, but HE isn't the government, HE isn't Bush, HE isn't whoever or whatever you have a problem with.

Rather a citizen of this world, and from one citizen to another, be big enough to salute him for his self-less act...

I salute him and appreciate him much more then I would people like you...
There is absolutely nothing to salute you for... Maybe if we were in grade 3 it would be different because it would be on your level of childish name calling and shallow hate....Dispicable.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLiesThe nonsense and childish behaviour on this thread is dispicable.

Welcome to ATS where you see this a lot, heck I am even guilty of it at times. Liberals and peacenicks do that to me

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Welcome to ATS where you see this a lot, heck I am even guilty of it at times. Liberals and peacenicks do that to me

not to mention some repulicans and right wing nut jobs but hey we are all entiteled to our opinions.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by edsingerWelcome to ATS where you see this a lot, heck I am even guilty of it at times. Liberals and peacenicks do that to me

not to mention some repulicans and right wing nut jobs but hey we are all entiteled to our opinions.

they're the worst

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's one thing for the liberal weiners and the right wing nut jobs to express their opinions but when it gets inmature then ATS has problems. Board trolls curse every board. Luckily ATS doesn't have too many compared to other forums.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
It's one thing for the liberal weiners and the right wing nut jobs to express their opinions but when it gets inmature then ATS has problems. Board trolls curse every board. Luckily ATS doesn't have too many compared to other forums.

So am I the liberal wiener?

Troll? I have been called that and I find it so funny.

What I like in here is to present the truth and watch the attacks on me start, call me Nazi, war mongerer, bigot, racist ( Wait not yet that I can remember), A&&Hole and I get the warnings!

I love it!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
/salute
Sad real men have to die to protect, while others die to kill. This is why we fight this war.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heretic
/salute
Sad real men have to die to protect, while others die to kill. This is why we fight this war.

Excellent statement and true to the point. I have not heard of any insurgent jumping to save a civilian, hell they are to busy trying to kill them to care about civilians.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I don't even know what to say. This is a truely brave human who represents the best of what man can do. He embodies all which the USMC values. My condolences to his family. May he rest in peace

To those saying ANYTHING but good words about this man - you would be lucky to be half the person he is. You all make me sick.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
The nonsense and childish behaviour on this thread is dispicable. Especially coming from the canadian cargo poster...

I'm not Canadian. Don't assume. Could it be that you hate Canadians that much?

It's obvious you have a hard on for the US, but HE isn't the government, HE isn't Bush, HE isn't whoever or whatever you have a problem with.

There is nothing in my posts saying anything bad about this guy. Read them again (start on page 5). In fact I said in my first post that his death saddens me. There is no post of mine in this thread that puts down America at all. You are just making this up to justify hating. I am serious when I say that I want you to exactly quote where in this thread I have expressed hate for America, failure to do so will be taken as an admission of defeat. The only problem I had in this thread was to do with Ed's baiting threads. There is NOTHING in this thread from me about putting down this Marine. Do you understand?

Rather a citizen of this world, and from one citizen to another, be big enough to salute him for his self-less act...

Read my above comment in bold. And read my first post in which I state this act was brave and selfless. It is clear to me that you skimmed through this thread and paid no attention to my posts. Or you wouldn't be trying to tell me to say the things I already have. This is making you look rather stupid.

I salute him and appreciate him much more then I would people like you...

I don't seek your apprciation. You won't even read my posts properly before spouting your mouth off.

There is absolutely nothing to salute you for... Maybe if we were in grade 3 it would be different because it would be on your level of childish name calling and shallow hate....Dispicable.

I don't care for your salute and you don't know me. In grade 3 they at least they read everything required. Point out the name calling in my posts please. Point out the hate (if any) and for whom it was for.

The only thing that is 'despicable' is your lack of observation and quickness to hate.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man You all make me sick.

Welcome to ATS where there are more peacenicks and liberals than San Fransisco on a % basis. and that is BAD.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hey All, while a person dying is not good news to anyone, especially someone who risked his Life for others, whether the war is Just or Unjust, turning this thread into ATS Politics does nothing but tarnish the Memory of this Marine in particular. Please Keep it OUT of this topic.

My condolences to his family and friends and May He Rest In Peace knowing he did what he was trained to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join