Marine sacrifices his life for others in grenade blast

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Great Quote!

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
"Let us not ask God why young men such as these should die in war. Let us rather thank God that such men lived." General George Patton

Sgt. Rafael Peralta a true America hero. I pray to God your sacrifice will not go unrewarded. Rest in peace American hero.

Cebu

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Sgt. Peralta is a true hero.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? On one side, you have those that will blow themselves up to kill others. On the other, you have men that will sacrifice their own life to save the lives of others.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

As Morrison and another Marine scrambled to escape the blast, pounding against a locked door, Peralta grabbed the grenade and cradled it into his body, Morrison said. While one Marine was badly wounded by shrapnel from the blast, the Marines said they believe more lives would have been lost if not for Peralta's selfless act

Stunning. How terrible to loose people like that.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
A hero through and through, God take this man back into your fold and may he have the peace he deserves.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Our father, who art in heaven; hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Rest in Peace Sgt. Rafael Peralta

May almighty God Bless you and the souls of all that have lost their live in good and Godly intentions.

May God bless us all.

...Reason....

Edit:

P.S.: I am very sad about this with tears to my eyes. Life is unfair..... so unfair. I dont know what to say. I am very upset about this.

So much death and destuction for what..... history..... history only records life with no compassion. history is heartless.

-Reason

[edit on 25-11-2004 by REASON]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Sounds like a Hero! But i'm thinking maybe he didn't do it to save his friends; Maybe he decided he didn't want to continue to fight so decided to end his life by doing what he did.
You probably think this is the first negative post but things aren't always as they may seem.

If he truelly did do this to save the lives of other soldiers then i salute him for his altruism!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If I ever had a choice on how I wished to leave this mortal coil, I would choose exactly the same thing this marine did. There is no greater selfless, courageous and honourable act as giving your life to save others. It's this sort of person that makes humanity great.

My deepest respects to the family. I think they might like to see this thread, if anyone has the means to pass the link or a copy of these messages onto them..

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Well, I'm gonna be the first to say it. I'm gonna get flamed but I don't care. The pro-war crowd just lap this stuff up. What a f****** shame that this brave soul had to sacrifice his life for such an unjustified cause.

I wonder how many barrels of oil Rafael's life bought. I wonder if Rumsfield will shed a tear when he reads the story. I wonder if as Sgt. Peralta died, he was wondering where the hell those mystical WMDs were, or where the evidence to support Iraq-Al-Qaeda connections were. I wonder if that was an American-made grenade that killed him.

There are those who will say, "How dare you disrespect his death and his brave act of sacrifice by turning this into a political issue!" Well, it's NOT a political issue; it's a HUMANITARIAN issue. I am honoring this selfless man by highlighting the POINTLESSNESS of his death, and the hypocrisy of those who send men like him to their deaths for NOTHING. If it weren't for this pointless, useless, unjustified CONQUEST, Sgt. Rafael Peralta would be home with his family laughing and playing Nintendo.

May his soul rest in peace.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Truly a heroic act.

I like GWB even less now.
He sends true heroes to their death!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
By the way, im for the war in Iraq.
But im skeptical about this alleged Hero....

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think it's a little beyond reason to imply that he didn't want to fight anymore and so decided to to end it all by getting up close and personal with a live grenade.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
How is that any less likely than him doing it to save the other soldiers?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's a lame war. The soilders shouldn't be there. They are told lies, deceived and maniplated by their own evil governments. To fight imperalistic wars for the sake of a few who believe that can play with the lives of good men.

No offence if the arabs want freedom let them fight for it. They are not worth the the good men that are dying in iraq.

This what i hate about this world. How governments manuiplate, lie, to their men to fight their own #ing wars.

hilter, stalin, neoplean, bush, british empire, ottoman empire, roman empire and all the empire leaders deserve to burn in the pits of hell.

The father wants the best for his son, the ruler just exploits him and has no love for him.

Ameria needs to get out of this fairy tale that their governments are some how moral leaders.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
He was a true hero, a true act of selflessness and courage. To think that many would not even do what he did, makes his act even more sad and heroic. Like someone earlier said, some of the heroes don't even make it home.

May he rest in peace and God bless his soul.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If it's true, it was a wonderful act.
But remember, this is the same government who lied about Jessica Lynch being a hero, until she came out and said all the stuff the US was saying, didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Not many would do that, some may even throw another guy infront too protect them. lol God bless his soul.

Closest thing i've done too that is push a girl out of the way of a brinks truck, i got hit in the process but if it had of been the girl it would have been a lot worse.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hope hes livin it up, up there.

A real hero as many have said. I bet his parents are real proud of him.

i suppose you just get attached to your fellow soldiers an see them as family if a soldier (angel, hero, godsent) could do something like that

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I salute Sgt. Rafael Peralta and not to demean this soldier's sacrifice in any way, because I know in my heart having been a soldier, this man did not die for his country.

No, he gave his life that his buddys might live.

"If I die on the old drop zone, box me up and ship me home.
And if I die with a bullet in my chest, tell them all I did my best."

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I just wish Bush would go jump on a grenade so no more good soldiers would have to die cleaning up his mess.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
There are those who will say, "How dare you disrespect his death and his brave act of sacrifice by turning this into a political issue!" Well, it's NOT a political issue; it's a HUMANITARIAN issue. I am honoring this selfless man by highlighting the POINTLESSNESS of his death, and the hypocrisy of those who send men like him to their deaths for NOTHING. If it weren't for this pointless, useless, unjustified CONQUEST, Sgt. Rafael Peralta would be home with his family laughing and playing Nintendo. May his soul rest in peace.

Well you have F&*^(*ed up a thread in which people were passing their thoughts on this young mans act and yet you just had to do it didnt you?

Unjust war? What if the man BELIEVED in what his mission was? Does that make his heroic death any less applicable?

You make me sick to my stomach...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join