It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

That fact that we have not heard from it may indicate that their landing strategy went awry.

If that was their plan it wasn't a very good one.
edit on 3/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

Not knowing who was in charge, there is no telling. I just don't think it was going to a well traveled air port though. Actually I don't think it made any airport.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Phage

That fact that we have not heard from it may indicate that their landing strategy went awry.

If that was their plan it wasn't a very good one.

Well Phage, I remember well the hijacker, who could not be convinced that there was not enough fuel to go where he wanted. That aircraft crashed when it ran out of fuel. I have never heard of really bright hijackers, ..... have you.

P

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

DB comes to mind.
Maybe.

But isn't the current idea that the flight crew was the culprit(s)?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Or, flight crew under duress...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Out on the limb I go here. With all the recent talk about the Dinar etc., monies about to go into some kind of shakeup world wide, could it possibly have been Gold in the cargo? Seems China is suppose to have quite a bit as it is on the monetary scale worldwide. That might explain the extra weight and why someone might want the plane.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Ive followed this thread from the beginning, I'm tired of the repeated conjecture. No one knows what happened at this point, perhaps we will find out, most likely not. I wonder, if in 1945, Flight 19 would have got this much attention with the internet around.

RIP MH370
edit on 16/3/14 by eoyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

I read somewhere tonight where the writer was speculating eastern Africa.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Phage

DB comes to mind.
Maybe.
Maybe is right, he picked the inferior parachute for his jump and didn't seem to be adequately dressed for the conditions but otherwise it was amazing he never got caught.

But isn't the current idea that the flight crew was the culprit(s)?
Either them, or the man from Uighur who had flight simulator training, or they acted under duress.

www.news.com.au... y-fnizu68q-1226856077160

claims that a 35-year-old Uighur man from China’s troubled autonomous Muslim province was on Flight MH370 may be looked at in a new light. The group claimed responsibility earlier this week but were dismissed as opportunitistic and not credible, but Malaysian reports now say the passenger had taken flight-simulator training in 2005.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Makes sense.
I guess a guy who had sim training 9 years ago might think he could land safely in the outback.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If one thinks about it, the plane load is suppose to be 1000lbs over of supposed "Lithium Batteries." Considering this cargo wasnt scanned and a container is missing, 1000lbs of "Gold" Mismarked would be what? About 20 million in Us currency?

edit: I should say that the Lithium batteries arent confirmed as of yet. Im just speculating like others and trying to think of all I have read, and my friends, that has been A Lot in the last week
edit on 3/16/14 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rockflier

In the photos you linked to, one shows the cockpit voice recorder panel with a button to Test, & one to "Erase". Why is there an Erase button? Does it erase from the black box too? Below is the photo detail, from the link in your post.
Cockpit Voice Recorder–Test & Erase

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Boeing777 on page 183

If this plane is in Iran, what would the Iranian government benefit from this hijacking?
As I mentioned some millions of pages ago, the 20 Freescale employees must hold an enormous amount of very sensitive information in their heads and that alone would be a huge coup for a country which wanted to stick their middle finger up at the USA. Once the secret is out, then you cannot call it secret any longer and if your potential target knows about it then they can develop combatting technologies. Iran has some very skilled people so maybe they just need a few pointers and could figure out the rest for themselves.

================
Other things:

reply to post by auroraaus

The Chinese Prime Minister has made statements a couple of days ago.

I believe that the pro pilots forum has said that climbing to a height of 45000 feet is unlikely and would probably cause a stall condition due to the decreased engine power, decreased lift at that height and weight of the aircraft due to so much fuel at the early stages of the journey.

Again from pro pilots forum, temporary runways were made in WWII and have been made since from slotted together pieces of steel mesh, or wide straight roads could be used. Depends if the plane is taking off again as well.

They have discussed the possibility that the plane shadowed another flight so that it would appear as one blip on the radar screens. I am not sure if this is possible for a large plane like this, but it has been discussed over there as a possibility.

If you receive the same 'ping' at more than 1 satellite, then the time difference between the two being received can give an indication of distance. The other forum has come up with the way that the authorities arrived at the two corridors North & South and showed how it was calculated using the satellite data.

[speculation] As what often happens in films:
Maybe the reason why the pilots wife and kids left prior to the flight is because they were kidnapped to ensure his compliance on the flight. Just in case he had second thoughts.
[/speculation]

I think we need to go back and piece together the odd one-off snippits of information which were reported and then see which of those can be explained as false and which might hold some truth. Often the bits reported at the start of a crisis hold the key to the puzzle. I think we will see this was obvious when we know the answer and look back.
edit on 16 Mar 2014 by qmantoo because: shadowing

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kkrattiger

NTSB, not sure how it applies to others.

Except as provided in paragraph (g) of this section, and except for recorded data erased as authorized in this paragraph, each certificate holder shall keep the recorded data prescribed in paragraph (a), (b), (c), or (d) of this section, as applicable, until the airplane has been operated for at least 25 hours of the operating time specified in Sec. 125.227(a) of this chapter. A total of 1 hour of recorded data may be erased for the purpose of testing the flight recorder or the flight recorder system. Any erasure made in accordance with this paragraph must be of the oldest recorded data accumulated at the time of testing.
www.ntsb.gov...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
ok, more news to backup my theory - news.com.au is talking 9/11 mastermind links! And the exact same patterns emerge!

enough time has gone by for 'terrorists' or anyone else to have made claims, threats etc.

if this plane ever turns up, its gonna be ugly! it will be carrying some bad stuff, real bad stuff. cia-certified bad stuff.

but hopefully its gone and buried deep in the ocean, without any way to trace back to real terrorists.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hmmmbeer

maybe the plane is inside cthulhu's stomach.
need accident data from recorder? gotta wait until its next bowel movement. eons from now.

peace

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I am starting to come around to the whole robbery idea. The absence of a cargo list and the idea of an Atheist working with/for Religious Fundamentalist terror cell just doesn't seem logical. Plus, what better way to say one final big F-U to the Malaysian gov't that you detest, then to steal their property, or at least the property they were suppose to safely deliver.

Now having said that... Robbery is the scariest theory, in my opinion.

In every other scenario having the passengers serves a purpose, whether they be hostages or victims of a statement. And furthermore the chances of survivors is possible.

In a robbery the passengers are witnesses, which doesn't really bode well for them if the crooks want to get away cleanly.
edit on 16-3-2014 by OatDelphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Notwithstanding some of the bizarre technical facts around it, this will end up being just a tragic plane crash.

I'm amazed at the amount of conspiratorial talk around it, especially through the lame stream.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

I just have to say you have really been something through this whole ordeal... That is all

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Phage
Makes sense.
I guess a guy who had sim training 9 years ago might think he could land safely in the outback.
The source didn't say anything about landing so I don't know if they were considering landing, but even if he was commanding the pilot to fly somewhere under duress the sim training could help him know if the captain was following his heading or not. Actually not much about this disappearance makes sense to me, yet.

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join