It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 194
<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The search is 'Like going to the moon!'

www.theguardian.com...< br />

Malaysians have staged a re-enactment of missing flight
Malaysian officials piloted an identical Boeing-777 in recent days to “re-enact” MH370’s movements, according to this AFP report in the New Straits Times.

It says the re-enactment was aimed at determining whether the radar and satellite data that it generated matches up with data on MH370’s flight.

An official told AFP on condition of anonymity:

The idea of the flight was to find out the possible direction the missing plane could have gone.

The plane was flown exactly how the missing plane flew based on military radar data. It did a turn-around, flew across the Malaysian peninsula and up north.

That is why we can conclusively say which two possible directions the plane flew and we have now refocused our search and rescue operations to these two new areas.

The extended search area was likely to pose serious problems.

It is like going to the moon. The operation is going to be more challenging..

The plane could also have deviated from the arc that the last pings have shown!

The northern arc runs from northern Thailand via south-west China to southern Kazakhstan. The southern arc extends south from western Java into Indian Ocean, passing about 1,000 miles from the coast of Western Australia.

Does that mean the aircraft is somewhere along those lines?

Not necessarily. The last “ping” was at 8.11am, Malaysian time. Another signal was sent out by satellite one hour later, and no response was received. But in that time, the jet could have travelled up to 500 miles in any direction – subject to having sufficient fuel.

www.independent.co.uk... at-would-their-plans-be-and-how-can-a-plane-just-vanish-9194501.html

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I know there has been issues in the past from a social point of view within Malaysia and Indonesia with citizens with a Chinese heritage, it's why I brought it up again in case it's still a thing, at least socially.

I think a user just before in this thread brought up the possibility of Pakistan being involved - the plane could of landed in the mountainous border regions etc. --- in this light, and I humbly ask ATSers what one should do: One of my best friends is in the Pakistan dept. foreign service... albeit he's still relatively junior and is loathe in recent years to talk about anything Pakistani related... how does one manage to get some sort of picture of what is going on over there, from him, seeing that all of his communications are now under scrutiny? Is there a place we can talk freely without being monitered? I ask all of you in ATS, seeing there are quite a few of you with the know-how for that kind of thing. Please feel free to PM me.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is certainly a very curious article:

Russia “Puzzled” Over Malaysia Airlines “Capture” By US Navy

One snippet from the article I found interesting:

Interesting to note, this report says, was that Flight 370 was already under GRU “surveillance” after it received a “highly suspicious” cargo load that had been traced to the Indian Ocean nation Republic of Seychelles, and where it had previously been aboard the US-flagged container ship MV Maersk Alabama.

That is only one little piece of this. I think my fellow ATS'ers should really give it a read.

One more snippet for you:

What first aroused GRU suspicions regarding the MV Maersk Alabama, this report continues, was that within 24-hours of off-loading this “highly suspicious” cargo load bound for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, the two highly-trained US Navy Seals assigned to protect it, Mark Daniel Kennedy, 43, and Jeffrey Keith Reynolds, 44, were found dead under “suspicious circumstances.”

Conjecture of fantasy, or is this a case of where there is smoke there is fire???
LINK TO SOURCE

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

onehuman
This is certainly a very curious article:

Russia “Puzzled” Over Malaysia Airlines “Capture” By US Navy

One snippet from the article I found interesting:

Interesting to note, this report says, was that Flight 370 was already under GRU “surveillance” after it received a “highly suspicious” cargo load that had been traced to the Indian Ocean nation Republic of Seychelles, and where it had previously been aboard the US-flagged container ship MV Maersk Alabama.

That is only one little piece of this. I think my fellow ATS'ers should really give it a read.

One more snippet for you:

What first aroused GRU suspicions regarding the MV Maersk Alabama, this report continues, was that within 24-hours of off-loading this “highly suspicious” cargo load bound for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, the two highly-trained US Navy Seals assigned to protect it, Mark Daniel Kennedy, 43, and Jeffrey Keith Reynolds, 44, were found dead under “suspicious circumstances.”

Conjecture of fantasy, or is this a case of where there is smoke there is fire???
LINK TO SOURCE

the "source" for that article links back to a further unsourced article, this one penned by one Sorcha Faal.
Now i hate to go all knee-jerk reaction, but i've been meandering the dark corners of the internet long enough for that name to not exactly fill me with confidence, even when there ~are~ sources involved.
Sorry.
On the positive side, can you imagine what a mess we'd be in if this were true? Times like this i breathe a sigh of relief when i see a name like that behind conjecture.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by continuousThunder

Oh dear, now I feel silly. I didnt go that far into it. Thanks for pointing this out as much as it hurts, but like you said, all in all that is good news.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
News seems to be quiet....have they found something good or bad? Would they tell the families first?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Is it possible that there was a catastrophic electrical failure, with pilots flying on manual reversion?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
News seems to be quiet....have they found something good or bad? Would they tell the families first?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

I am reading elsewhere that there seems to be a report of a greek tanker that seems to have come across some floating tpye of luggage or brief case? Not sure. The source is in a different language. Supposidly a S&R has been sent to check it out, but it will take a few hours to get there.

Source if you can read it

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

I think they are stumped. Asking other countries including China to give more radar information seems to me like the Malaysians suspect another country has the vital info. but won't hand it over.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by continuousThunder

I found the article interesting until I did a web search of Sorcha Faal lol. I just saw your post after I had found this old ATS thread..

Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
As per my earlier conjecture, I still believe the US are behind this incident, possibly not acting alone but in concert with some of its allies, ie: UK, Australia. The press coverage from the US has, as I have said, been pushing this incident in a certain direction - hijacking. The NYT headline announced it was a hijack even after the Malaysian PM very strongly underlined his point that it could not be ruled out but was merely one of a myriad of scenarios they were chasing. At yesterday's press conference there were no questions allowed which gives me the idea that the US have taken control of the situation. I haven't caught up with today's press conference yet but am assuming the hijack idea will firm up.

The Malaysians, I believe, know the score as do other countries in the region. The reason for this is to force the SE Asian countries to choose between the US and China. With the Russia kicking off in the Ukraine, the US (and western allies) need to know now who's backing them and who isn't.

Anyhow, I'm a casual observer, not a serious researcher like you guys so thanks for putting up with my relatively uninformed conjecture

edit on 16-3-2014 by Splodge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

onehuman
reply to post by qd22vcc

I am reading elsewhere that there seems to be a report of a greek tanker that seems to have come across some floating tpye of luggage or brief case? Not sure. The source is in a different language. Supposidly a S&R has been sent to check it out, but it will take a few hours to get there.

Source if you can read it

this is via google translate,

"Greek tanker named «ELKA Athina» of European Product Carriers interests of the shipowner Karnezi
Sailing in the Strait of Malacca received signal, along with other adjacent vessels by a coast station in Indonesia to rush into this position: width 0551 length 09657.5 northern and eastern to check suspicious objects that may resemble suitcases and may be from the fatal Boeing of Malaysia Airlines.

The ship is on a course to this point, which is expected to arrive in 3-4 hours.

The development comes at a time thickens the mystery about the fate of Flight MI370 who mysteriously disappeared eight days."

It seems to be from today, so maybe we will hear what they found later.

That position maybe would fit with the plane turning and trying to head back to Kuala Lumpur?

edit on 16-3-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Here is a tweet with a picture I think they are heading too. I know I saw this picture earlier through the night though. Just cant remember where as I have been skipping around so much. I do know it was blown off then. Of course it didnt show a plane when it was posted, who knows.

LINK TO TWEET

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Splodge

The Malaysians, I believe, know the score as do other countries in the region. The reason for this is to force the SE Asian countries to choose between the US and China. With the Russia kicking off in the Ukraine, the US (and western allies) need to know now who's backing them and who isn't.

Anyhow, I'm a casual observer, not a serious researcher like you guys so thanks for putting up with my relatively uninformed conjecture

edit on 16-3-2014 by Splodge because: (no reason given)

A really interesting perspective. Of course no-one would want to believe that governments would sacrifice 240 people to achieve this - but I'm sure they would.

I get a feeling at least that maybe China and one or more countries are playing a tactical game against each other - neither wants to be the one to reveal their military capabilities although they probably know what happened to Mh370.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

onehuman
I know people have asked a lot what passenger could be on the plane that is not listed that May be important. It has been itching at the back of my head. Could it possibly be the copilot? Seems I have read a few times his father is connected with the higher ups? Could be why he is easily overlooked when looking for important unnamed passengers. He could possibly be considered important cargo in a sense.
We have any idea exactly what his father does?

The 2nd or 3rd day of SAR, the media here in Australia were targetting the pilots by running a story on a prime time current affairs show about how they had women in the cockpit and smoked or sometihng. I noticed this story went global and other countries picked up on the theme. Why on earth would you pick on the pilots of a missing aircraft carrying Australians in this manner only 72 hours after it had disappeared without trace? I can't remember them doing anything even remotely similar to the pilots of planes that have gone down presumed crashed such as the French flight a few years ago. At the time this story was run, it was still very much presumed there was a fault and it had crashed.

And what happened today? The pilots houses got raided.

Australia, the puppet of the US, has been driving the narrative towards it being one of the pilots and have been since day 3 (approx).

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yesterday I mentioned to my better half the lack of psychics working on finding the plane. Enter Uri and remote viewing. This means the location should be a known in a matter of hours now.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Splodge

Yes I know, it was a big story and you are right to question it. I just noticed that every now and then it would slip by about how he is the son of someone high in government or something. Everyone just seemed to write him off after the girls in the cockpit story. I found this curious.

new topics

top topics

<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join