It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 192
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I was talking about the idea that the plane landed somewhere in Oz.

I agree that with all the media jibber jabber it's near impossible to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Wait! Did I say chaff? You know, like...ECM chaff? Yeah, that's the ticket!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok you've made me remember a thought I had the other day, in regards to Australia and the OTH radar we have, Jorn?

Probably isn't active all the time, but how well would that have worked in this instance?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
They're obviously hiding something. They're making us put all our attention on the wrong place. If the plane did head North West, surely the Indian military(and the dozens of other countries it flew over) would have noticed an unidentified aircraft flying in their airspace. What if it flew heading North West? Looking at Google earth, there are hundreds of isolated/abandoned airfields that are 3-7 hours from WMKK which are able to accommodate the 777.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Boeing777
They're obviously hiding something. They're making us put all our attention on the wrong place. If the plane did head North West, surely the Indian military(and the dozens of other countries it flew over) would have noticed an unidentified aircraft flying in their airspace. What if it flew heading North West? Looking at Google earth, there are hundreds of isolated airfields that are 3-7 hours from WMKK which are able to accommodate the 777.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

You dont know if any of that is true.

Posting conjecture as fact or "Obviously" is lazy conspiratorial guesswork.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Could be done I suppose. Depending on conditions.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This post is sort of a compilation of ideas I have:

1. If the plane was indeed hijacked and the purpose of doing so was to make it immediately crash - then why fly for several hours before crashing? IMO the plane was likely going somewhere so that its passengers or the aircraft itself could be used for other purposes, like flying it into a building, or taking hostages.

2. Obviously it either crashed or landed. Perhaps if it were a terrorist attack then it did not complete its mission thus those responsible are not claiming responsibility. Or elements of the crew did it and have claimed responsibility (i.e. a note) and the Malaysia government isn't being forthcoming. Perhaps that explains the communication problems that Malaysian government has been criticized of.

3. Australia has JORN which should have been able to detect the aircraft if it approached mainland Australia. There are other radar networks too. I mean I would hope my own defense force would be able to detect something like that and if they did detect it, be forthcoming enough to acknowledge that. So I doubt it landed or crashed in Australia or very close to it.

4. 777 has a max certified altitude of about 43,100 feet. Above that either the plane either climbs very slowly, the cabin pressure reaches a too high altitude that's not comfortable for passengers, or the margin between stall and overspeed becomes too small. I don't think it's impossible for the plane to fly at 45,000 feet but the real question is why would you try? I think it's equally as likely that the 45,000 figure was reported because it's a more round number than 43,000 feet or the plane at 45,000 feet was unrelated and misidentified as being MH370.

Also jet aircraft usually have an optimum altitude to fly at for best efficiency, usually this only reaches the max certified altitude if they're very light (i.e. low payload, low on fuel).

5. Perhaps the situation is ongoing and the details have not been divulged by the Malaysian government. Or it's a coverup involving Malaysian government. Again, perhaps this explains the communication problems that Malaysian government has been criticized of.

6. I like the idea of aircraft sending position updates to a satellite, that cannot be turned off, so that finding the aircraft can occur much more quickly. AF447 was also difficult to find. Future aircraft should incorporate this IMO.

7. I saw rumors that the plane purposefully flew a route that avoided detection. This would probably need a lot of planning perhaps with some help by e.g. an intelligence service, but it might also be possible for a very determined individual to achieve (there are maps online that show SAM positions all around the world).

8. Perhaps defense forces in the region are reluctant to give out their capabilities by saying they did or did not track the jet. Also if it did indeed crash into land, it would probably be an embarrassment to the nation that it crashed in if they didn't tell the world immediately. It would be mean that they cannot defend, control, or even track their own airspace. For this reason I think it's more likely that the plane crashed into the sea for whatever reason, maybe unable to complete its nefarious mission? I don't think a pilot would deliberately fly for hours only to purposefully crash into the sea...

This is still a complete mystery... the only thing that is likely was that it was hijacked and flew for several hours. Thoughts?
edit on 16/3/14 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

Well the facts are nailed down and the only conclusion left is: someone out there helped making the plane disappear. So obviously...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'd say it would have detected a 777, since it's said to be able to detect a Cessna 172 taking off from East Timor.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Yeah. When ionospheric conditions allow it.
Could be, if conditions were favorable. Without the bounce you don't get anything.

edit on 3/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
News conference at 0130

Apologies I read it wrong.
edit on 16-3-2014 by civpop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Ninipe

Well the facts are nailed down and the only conclusion left is: someone out there helped making the plane disappear. So obviously...

Other than it is a 777 and it left Kuala Lumpur what "Facts" are nailed down?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
If not H by other then US may well have either taken or
destroyed this plane to learn about or stall Chinese
progress. Whatever happened was no accident!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

* transponders switched off
* no trace of an explosion or wreckage somewhere
* satellite tracking suggests it flew on for at least 4-6 hours
* all that in an area with a lot of military and civil traffic control

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ninipe

What satellite tracking would that be? I mean factwise.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Ninipe

* transponders switched off
* no trace of an explosion or wreckage somewhere
* all that in an area with a lot of military and civil traffic control

* Conjecture. May have failed, may have been turned off.
* They don't even know which way it went, so they are a long way from search the seven hour flight radius to find anything.
* Maybe it flew on for four hours, some suggestions are seven hours. They dont know.
* Again, they aren't even certain which way it went, so to say "a lot" of any kind of traffic control is meaningless.

MH730 is missing somewhere in South Asia, the Indian Ocean, South China Sea, China or Eastern Pacific ocean.

That is all that can be proven right now. The rest is conjecture, speculation and guesswork. Some of it better informed than others.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Alright then I should have said "apparently", sorry. My Englisch is not so gut.
I still hold on to my first guess, china is in on this. they have the resources and a motive and the whole world is looking at russia while they conveniently only have to kidnap their own citizens, which means they probably didn't expect any kind of attention for some 200 missing chinese people.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Ninipe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This is starting to shape up more & more like a terrorist plot.

It's either the Uighurs or payback for the killing of their prophet Osama bin laden.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

reject
prophet Osama bin laden.

lol

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

reject
This is starting to shape up more & more like a terrorist plot.

It's either the Uighurs or payback for the killing of their prophet Osama bin laden.

How is hijacking a Malaysian airliner - From Malaysia - full of Chinese citizens payback for America killing Bin Laden?

Speculation is fine, but to state it as "either or" is guess work.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Leonidas

rejectThis is starting to shape up more & more like a terrorist plot.

How is hijacking a Malaysian airliner - From Malaysia - full of Chinese citizens payback for America killing Bin Laden?

Malaysia Airline MH370: 9/11-style terror allegations resurface in case of lost plane

Actually even if it were uighurs, its still connected to Osama Bin Laden because its around the area of al Qaeda base of operations.

Leonidas
Speculation is fine, but to state it as "either or" is guess work.

lol

edit on 16-3-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join