It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this new hotness here to stay this time?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

PuterMan
reply to post by kosmicjack

The analytics revealed that new users were preferring mobile devices, tablets, etc. ATS is just trying to walk the fine line between creating new users and keeping the existing membership happy.

Understand that but SO has said on this thread already that the iPhone/tablet use is 30%. Even if 'new' users prefer the mobile style does this mean you have to alienate the other 70%. Seems an odd way of doing things to me.

Even with the font reduced this new colour scheme is very tiring on the eyes - especially old one like mine. The White version is even worse.

I don't mind the format, it's the colours.

I DO like the mutiple image upload - that was long overdue.

Lol, I think ATS has gone the way of the progressive PC crowd.. Isnt that their MO, alienate many to make a few happy?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

N/M
edit on 5-9-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well.. since I've had a thread closed and been completely ignored here...can I just clear somethings up?

- I am not in the least bit outraged at the new design.
- I like the look and layout and can see an awful lot of work has gone into it.
- I am not one to cause problems for problems sake
- But I am very disappointed in the way post-testing feedback is being handled

I had a simple question to ask about a specific page/feature that was in the previous version. Having been away from ATS for a while due to family/work commitments I, like I suspect many others, missed out on the beta trial. What I didn't expect was that by doing so, I would also miss out on my chance to contribute constructive feedback as a long-time dedicated lurker/member.

I was not complaining, whinging, moaning, (although I guess I am now) etc, but after having a thread closed and then my question (which is somewhere on page 7 for anyone bothered to care) completely ignored I am beginning to see why so many other members are taking issue. If this is the way feedback is dealt with then I can see myself and many other completely losing patience with this site and its staff.

I'm not trying to say my question is more important than anyone elses, and I really didn't want to clutter up an ever expanding thread with my question knowing it would either be off-topic and/or get lost in the flow of conversation, but to close off any means of feedback from core membership (even AFTER the trial has finished) is just foolish in my opinion. Why don't you create a temporary forum for feedback and allow posters to vent their grievances, post feedback, ask questions? At least then we won't be cluttering this board up and it can easily be disposed of once everyone has settled in? At least that way we can separate the bickering from questions/feedback?

Alas, at the end of the day it is your site and you can do with it as you wish... just please don't treat your core member base as incompetent, whiny, irrelevances just for asking questions AFTER the test period has ended.

I have lost patience waiting for any kind of feedback to my original question (even a simple "No" would have sufficed) so I will leave it for others to ask. Reply if you wish, but i'm now past caring.

Peace

(And for those claiming all these questions have been asked elsewhere, I would happily search for it and see but unfortunately 'live.php' brings back no results other than my original question. What am I to do if I can't find it in search and my question falls on deaf ears?).

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
One thing I would like to ask is, what exactly is the "oddly calculated karma score"?

Because oddly, mines now gone down lol.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
One of the first things that people do on here when they log in is to check their last posts, so they can quickly get back into any discussions they were in. This is now buried way too deep , and should be a one-click after the user logs in. It was even tedious with that old Ribbon, but now, it basically just needs fixing quickly.

To do this presently, you must (after login) myATS > DownArrow (on bar) > Profile > nav to Posts (not the tab in focus), and then click on your username to the right of the post to visit your recent post, otherwise you get the start of the thread.

How about a little bullet, always available after login , top right bar, all the way to right, has an "M" in the bullet, for "My Posts". Jumps immediately into the Posts, without all of that other navigation.

I am getting used to this , it is nice, needs some tweeking, but think this is a biggie. Thanks!
edit on 5-9-2013 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

edit on 5-9-2013 by charlyv because: cannot spell today

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shaade

It logged me in with the regular username and password. On fear of that not working I copied to text file the U2U about the latest beta just in case.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster

No more firehose?? I am hating this more and more....sigh

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

jonjonj

I think that there are no stars principally because this thread doesn't have stars enabled, other threads do however have stars

I like the emo's lol
Preview is below the box
Avatar ...well, no idea about that

Ok couldn't even tell what forum this was.
Still hate the emo's. Which one did you use first in your reply to me? Is that supposed to be a wink?
Still see no preview only reply. Must be a mobile thing.
Avatar came up so everyone is safe........for now.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Not a fan at all. Page is hard to navigate. It is hard to follow up on my posts, and what the heck is up with the line drawing emocons?

I'm sure the demographics for the site are 40 something's plus, so why does this site now look like it was set up for teenagers?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

PuterMan
reply to post by Sharingan

This "look" may do what the whiners and trolls couldnt do, drive me away from ATS

Likewise.

Why can't there be a mobile site for iThingy users and the last version for PC users. This new one sucks bigtime.

SO says it is to prevent people dropping off. Strikes me it is a darn good way of encouraging it. It may interest the ATS PTB that the drop off is most likely NOT because of the web format but because it has become home to people spouting MSM nonsense and has lost the edge as a conspiracy site.

All we get now is people peddling the MSM drivel and a bunch Merika FY wallahs. It really holds little interest any longer.

AMEN Puterman....couldn't have said it better.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

rimjaja
Not a fan at all. Page is hard to navigate. It is hard to follow up on my posts, and what the heck is up with the line drawing emocons?

I'm sure the demographics for the site are 40 something's plus, so why does this site now look like it was set up for teenagers?

And how do you star things now?

Really bizarre!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sorry, I guess I'm old school. Once I learn it one way, I'm good. Now, its new format is hard to follow. I like the one page format much better. I believe you can scroll all categories faster. Just my old ways. Thanks for listening to my gripe.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Haven't seen an answer to this issue yet, sorry if I missed an earlier reply.

Can we please get the auto refresh going on the New Topics page?

Off topic - Sceptic your avatar really creeps me out. Always think you're getting ready to yell at someone.

edit on 5-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

has the firehose been eliminated completely? will it be replaced with anything? i am a fan of the firehose and i think it is a sad loss if you are not going to bring it back in any form.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Guess we'll get used to it. I understand the other emoticons used alot of storage, still these aren't the best, but guess they'll do.

So, we just count the flags now and no stars. How do we figure the top stories replies and what not?

Otherwise it's not too bad, after I went back to dark screen
sorry, used to dark screen.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, though my lurking here has declined as of the past 6 months, I did enjoy easily navigating the "Top, Hot, and New" topics being on their joined, easily viewed page. Everything just seems cluttered.

IMO, this seems much too complex for what this site is. And I'm

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I kinda like it, just some getting used to.Maybe a while.....but, kinda like.
Rob

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

The attitude on this thread is astounding, the contempt for the membership is disgusting and you will drive people away.

I'll give it a few days to see if it "grows" on me, but I highly doubt it will and will result in me leaving the site altogether.

I second that!

All of it!

I understand the need for some of the changes (as explained in previous threads) but that doesn't mean the new design is swell. I'm also a little tired of having everyone tell me "tuff crap" when I voice my displeasure with certain changes (such as the loss of my gold border). I've been a member for 2 years so I wasn't here for the last change. I can tell you this....if ATS looked and functioned like this when I found her I would have never joined.

I would post a comment or two for my friends on my profile but that's gone, too.

Meh...

Enjoy the site! It's been fun!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

If you are on Firefox you can use one of my favorite extras "No Squint" it permits a lot of per site customization (I use it also to turn the background solid black also).

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I'm not a big fan of the new forum layout...sigh must be old I guess.

I likes the easy to view format of the last forum as well as I liked to view the site without a mobile must app etc...

The site seems less informative and more like a try hard app than anything...bah

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join