It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this new hotness here to stay this time?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

And being just YOUR opinion, I fail to see how it's more important over the hundreds of ATS members who are actually loving the website.

Are you blind?! It's not just my opinion, there are many other members here on this thread with EXACTLY the same concerns as I do. I do not like how those of us who do not like the design are being talked to and treated, our concerns are valid, do not ignore them.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

ShadeWolf

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Hollie

Isn't it T&C to have a profile name etc, your avatar is showing as nothing, no name.

He's got his avatar, mini-profile background and text colour all set to #00000 so none of it is visible. Just highlight the area and it'll show up.

It doesn't show up, pretty sure I read visible profile on avatars is T&C compulsory.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

fter posting I did some looking and there is some issue with the latest Opera and flash and a potential memory leak, or at least excessive memory usage.

Opera has been notoriously problematic.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Are you blind?! It's not just my opinion, there are many other members here on this thread with EXACTLY the same concerns as I do. I do not like how those of us who do not like the design are being talked to and treated, our concerns are valid, do not ignore them.

Many doesn't translate to all.

Again, MOST of the senior members who have these complaints, went through the same thing during the last re-design in 2010. If I took a gander at posting histories for those in here, I would guess I could find very quickly the same behavior.

That's not the point. The point is that your concerns are certainly being looked at and noted by staff and SO. There have already been dozens of member driven changes to the new design, and there will be more I am sure.

Like the emoticons project for example.

~Tenth

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Anyway, I have said my piece.

I just hope my concerns and that of the others who are not happy with the new design are listened to and not swept under the carpet as I suspect will be the case.

The attitude on this thread is astounding, the contempt for the membership is disgusting and you will drive people away.

I'll give it a few days to see if it "grows" on me, but I highly doubt it will and will result in me leaving the site altogether.

That is all.

link   
If the "ascension" into another dimension happens. The people who hate the new ATS, are the same people who won't ascend.
....lame smileys.
edit on 9-5-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

There was ample time for core users to give their input but, until now, you posted once since April. So...

The analytics revealed that new users were preferring mobile devices, tablets, etc. ATS is just trying to walk the fine line between creating new users and keeping the existing membership happy.

The interent is constantly changing, morphing, evolving. Try to keep up because this is happening, regardless of whining.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Bug report: using " characters in a thread title will result in \"

Improper quotation escaping in other words.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If it comforts anyone... The new format is much, much better after you use it for a week. I like it a lot better than the old. Yes... It's different.

I'd highly recommend trying it out for a bit and then giving your feedback. The new widgets and gadgets take a bit of getting used to, but they work! They work a lot better than the old site. My god... the new uploader is awesome.

Give it a week!

(The smileys still suck after a week... but there is a project in progress to replace them with cooler ones)

link   
What in the world happened?
No more stars?
These emoticons really suck.
No more previewing your replies?
If my avatar doesn't show up, all hell is going to break loose.

link   
Lovely to see the 3 pronged attack on me by moderators, if you don't agree... attack.

Not the best tactic in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

This is a screenshot from my NetBook. Never had to scroll left to right to view the poster's info and read post. Everything is GINORMOUS! Please tell me this will get better??

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

Got to your account settings an select the Mobile Option.

That should address your issues.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Is there ANY WAY to have the OLD Format as a Viewing Option when I come to this Site ? I mean , The Font Size on my Monitor is now Gigantic , and it is Basically like looking through a Magnifling Glass . Sorry , but I Really HATE this Visual Change .........

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

TrueMessiah
What in the world happened?
No more stars?
These emoticons really suck.
No more previewing your replies?
If my avatar doesn't show up, all hell is going to break loose.

I think that there are no stars principally because this thread doesn't have stars enabled, other threads do however have stars

I like the emo's lol
Preview is below the box
Avatar ...well, no idea about that

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Do I or Please may I have an option in my account which says PC option

Riouz

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Resentedhalo08
if you don't agree... attack.

LoL! Seriously, that is what you are doing with regard to the changes.

We are just trying to give you some answers, some background and what to expect.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by retiredTxn

Got to your account settings an select the Mobile Option.

That should address your issues.

Thank you but I was already using Mobile Option.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

The analytics revealed that new users were preferring mobile devices, tablets, etc. ATS is just trying to walk the fine line between creating new users and keeping the existing membership happy.

Understand that but SO has said on this thread already that the iPhone/tablet use is 30%. Even if 'new' users prefer the mobile style does this mean you have to alienate the other 70%. Seems an odd way of doing things to me.

Even with the font reduced this new colour scheme is very tiring on the eyes - especially old one like mine. The White version is even worse.

I don't mind the format, it's the colours.

I DO like the mutiple image upload - that was long overdue.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

So giving feedback and some constructive criticism is considered attacking is it?

Wow when people physically assault you do you consider a flick a punch?

I am not the subtlest of people, I have no need to be. I say what I mean.

But to say I am the one on the attack is ridiculous!

Well each to their own, but people will see the tactics that have been used for what they are.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join