It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this new hotness here to stay this time?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
We had a few hours of the new site a few days back, and I couldnt find anything particularly aggravating about it! The just this second activation of the newness makes me wonder, are we finally in our new skin, or are there still gremlins which might see a regression at some point?

If those in the know would like to comment on that, I would really appreciate whatever clarity can be offered.

Kindest regards to all concerned,

T.B.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Where is my RIBBON!?! I can't go back to my last post in a thread anymore!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I kinda like this new look... time will tell

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Why can't you leave well enough alone, if it's not broke don't fix it !!!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

The drop down arrow on the top right of the bar will get you to what was once the ribbon. Took me a second to find it as well.

The only thing I am having a hard time getting used to is the presentation of the new threads section.

link   

Can't see your profile very good either, just posting to see how mine shows up. I think many are going to have to rejig their colours.

link   

Had to log in using the latest beta password so it may be temporary. Maybe a heads up from the mods next time?

link   

I really dont like it.
This "look" may do what the whiners and trolls couldnt do, drive me away from ATS

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yeah , this is much better . I was getting tired of the trippy / depressing colours on the old version .

EDIT : No more stars ?

Oh , and everyone`s sigs are all-over the place on my screen .
edit on 5-9-2013 by AthiestJesus because: (no reason given)

link   

Actually, if you go into Profile, and then find the link marked "Posts" you get all your latest posts and so on. Its pretty easy to do, and it all makes sense if you poke about a bit and learn your way around some.

link   
Kinda, trying to get used to navigating this new layout.

So before, where there were 3 columns for new topics, most flagged and most discussed, they're all gone now, correct?

Its just "new"?

link   
I like the new look, I just miss the Firehose. That was my favorite way to browse ATS.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Where'd everybody go?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

The way I look at things, is that change has happened. I just want to know from the mods and so on, wether or not its worth me learning how to work with the sites new features yet, or wether I might as well wait around for the occasional dip back to the old school. Given that Im more of a broadswords and axes guy, than an iPod and tablet computer type of fellow, I dont want to spend a bunch of time learning the new site unless I know its here for the long haul this time around.

link   
Don't like the emoticons at all(where is the thumb down)haha
What is difference between quote external source and news source?

Clicking one's post takes them to top of 1st page instead of actual post.
(This is important imo)

Is previous profile info gone?

How do we access our pictures? ETA: Found it, the downward arrow button, sweet.

I still have been unable to log into new version and I hope I don't get left behind. The window drops when I click to another page. It is bouncing back and forth now.
Will we have to login to 53 ultimately? If so, I guess bye bye eh?

Oh well, here's to change
edit on 5-9-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Sharingan

^ This x 100

Color scheme SUCKS. (No offense) And I don't mean sucks as in personal taste. I mean sucks as in I can barely see anything!

Everything before was so easily distinguishable!

please tell me we have an option to "see" it differently at least? And if so, can you tell us HOW to do that, like immediately?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

True, but there is no "my posts" anymore. It takes me to a list of threads i've posted in -- but not a specific post of mine to see if there are any replies.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

NihilistSanta

The drop down arrow on the top right of the bar will get you to what was once the ribbon. Took me a second to find it as well.

The only thing I am having a hard time getting used to is the presentation of the new threads section.

That is a real downer for me. I really liked the columns. Oh well. I guess we have to get used to it. This looks really crap on my laptop. Ok on a mobile though but I never post from my phone....just read the latest topics. damn!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Its fair to say that the easiest way to look at replies to your comments in a thread, would be to look in messeges, because there is an entire section in your messege centre which is devoted to replies. They will all be in there someplace!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I wasn't keen in the beginning. But the new look is sorta growing on me.

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent to the "top" button that we had at the bottom of each thread. Its a bit of a drag to scroll up.
edit on 5-9-2013 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join