It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this new hotness here to stay this time?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dustytoad

I have tried this numerous times, nothing works. the address bar at the top defaults to www.abovetopsecret.com and whatever page i am on.

1. If I remove the 53. it opens the site to the first page of the last post I was on.
2. If i try to go to the next or last page, bingo back to password request again and It will not accept my original password and user name nor any beta ones I was given

Repeat steps 1 and 2

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why the hell did you get rid of the 'firehose'? is 'new' all we have now? They're not in chronological order tho... gawd if it ain't broken...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Second that... there is also a general waste of screen space. I wish GUI designers stopped forcing me to have a tablet/mobile experience in my desktop...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Riouz

Try clicking on forums.

The board staff and info comes up first, all left justified, then after scrolling for 3 miles, you finally see the forums.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Click 'recent posts' then click the smiley face at the top of the list.

Took me a minute to find it too!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

yea it keeps logging me out, wanting me to sign back in. My normal login info dont seem to work. How do i get to my 'beta' password so i will be able to log back in?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

beezzer
Where's BTS?

It is there Beez. On the main menu bar, when you click on for example "recent" when the page comes up there a button on the top right that says "off topic". Havnt used it myself yet but my excellent powers of deduction lead me to believe it could be it.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

TrueBrit

Actually, if you go into Profile, and then find the link marked "Posts" you get all your latest posts and so on. Its pretty easy to do, and it all makes sense if you poke about a bit and learn your way around some.

YOU ARE A GOD AMONG MEN

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Im getting really fed up of this password box coming up, and then kicking me out of the site when either I provide the password or click out of the box. Hopefully its just gremlins.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Thanks for that

My question is why isn't recent post board exactly centered like the Forums Board

Please fix as I am leaning to my left viewing recent post threads .whilst my beer fridge is on my right , this is unacceptable , and no I cannot move my fridge

Riouz

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

OneisOne
reply to post by beezzer

Click 'recent posts' then click the smiley face at the top of the list.

Took me a minute to find it too!

YAY! Thank you!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
hmmm.... not sure yet.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Panic2k11

Second that... there is also a general waste of screen space. I wish GUI designers stopped forcing me to have a tablet/mobile experience in my desktop...

The waste of screen space is annoying (scroll scroll scroll) and the 'mobile experience' is too.

My setting on the new style were auto at ''mobile'', under the drop down bar on account tab is a preference button for desktop or mobile, it is slightly better under desktop but still as if on a mobile device.

Also the huge button symbols for the topics are unnecessary and annoying, and thankfully the emoticons will improve. The ''new'' page is also a tad clumsy.

Other than that there are some good points, hoping the negatives won't outweigh the good, I like ATS generally.
edit on 5-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
oops, spoke too soon.

I second that!
edit on 5-9-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Where do we find things like our favorite forums list and such to edit it? Under myATS under Post it says favorite forums and 5 post from them but I do not see any way to edit this. I clicked the check mark thinking it would let me adjust settings but then the check mark disappeared and I cant tell what changed.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

NihilistSanta
Where do we find things like our favorite forums list and such to edit it? Under myATS under Post it says favorite forums and 5 post from them but I do not see any way to edit this. I clicked the check mark thinking it would let me adjust settings but then the check mark disappeared and I cant tell what changed.

My ATS > My account > Subscriptions?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, now that I can find a list of my posts, I'm a happy clam.

It *does* look like Android and iOS mated and had some sort of love-child. I'll get used to to Playskool icons. The colors are fine by me. . . I think the fonts are easier on the eyes actually.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

No I did not see that as an option. I am thinking they are using the favorite button for this now?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Flattery will get you a restraining order

I think alot of the old functionality of ATS is still here someplace, its just the pathways have changed to make the site less clunky, so you have to search about for the functions you were using before. I tell you what though, page loading is so much faster, and when I post a reply to a thread, it doesnt take nearly as long as it used to to actually hit the thread.

I reckon when we all get used to where everything is, we will probably find that although its all shiny and new, the navigation will probably prove easier in the long run.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The pages are too large....I have to scroll each time I want to read a post.

Fix please.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join