It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this new hotness here to stay this time?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I lke the "hotness"... But:

Seriously MODS WTH is up with the chalk outlined emoticons

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Yeah its not as functional as it was previously. I have never been a fan of the way that works here. It should be really simple to get a notification if someone quotes you or replies directly to you similar to facebook but instead you have to dig around threw a thread for this info.

Also has anyone located where your friends are now? Before it was under the mem profile but I no longer see it.

link   

Still there.... Your Posts

To navigate there, go profile,, then click 'posts' at the top of the list.

link   

gladtobehere
Kinda, trying to get used to navigating this new layout.

So before, where there were 3 columns for new topics, most flagged and most discussed, they're all gone now, correct?

Its just "new"?

NEW = new topic firehose It shows all the flags and post data so you can select "most flagged" that way...
OR

My ATS and on the left side click show most flagged topics in last 48 hours.. For all of your favorite topics.. I just favorited all the ones I ever post in, so you can do that and see most flags in last 48 hours,
most replies in last 48 hours, newest threads in last 48 hours.. and newest replies last 48 hours..

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

You would need a chain and a very powerful vehicle to get me away from this website. Where else would I get to converse on the topics of the day with human beings who retain at least a semblance of intellect?

Sure as hell dont get much of that round where I live

In all seriousness though, the thing that makes this site is its content and its members. What it looks like couldnt be less important in my veiw.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

TrueBrit

Its fair to say that the easiest way to look at replies to your comments in a thread, would be to look in messeges, because there is an entire section in your messege centre which is devoted to replies. They will all be in there someplace!

Doesnt tell you which threads the replys are in. Just who has replied. Should be other way round.

I dont like this. It is broken.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

NihilistSanta

Yeah its not as functional as it was previously. I have never been a fan of the way that works here. It should be really simple to get a notification if someone quotes you or replies directly to you similar to facebook but instead you have to dig around threw a thread for this info.

Also has anyone located where your friends are now? Before it was under the mem profile but I no longer see it.

No friend or foes..

SO said it was used for stalking prey so much so that the abuse outweighed the function..

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

The emoticons will be changing, there is a member driven project to develop new smilies.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
How do you give STARS, I don't see an icon anymore

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

sulaw
I lke the "hotness"... But:

Seriously MODS WTH is up with the chalk outlined emoticons

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

sporkmonster
I like the new look, I just miss the Firehose. That was my favorite way to browse ATS.

I'm with you i miss the Firehose please put it back and make it 3 rows like it was please

link   

whatnext21

You don't on your post because you cannot receive stars from yourself.

This topic doesn't allow stars anyway, but they work the same as they always did..
edit on 9/5/2013 by dustytoad because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

Even on the old ATS, when you visit your messege centre, and check the replies section, it tells you who replies in a thread, and when you click thier name, it tells you which thread its in and provides a link to the replying post. Its no different now. I really am not seeing the difference here at all. It just looks different because of the new fonts, background, and general layout.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

dustytoad

whatnext21

You don't on your post because you cannot receive stars from yourself.

You also can't give stars in this forum, among a few others, so you wont' see that either.

Otherwise the stars feature is in the same place.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

This forum doesn't have stars , they are still on the others though .

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
ok not sure what happened there but i got logged out when

1. i went to check out the upload function and it asked me for user name and password, clicked out of it
2. tried to edit my post and password thing again and would not accept my password, was given a temp one for beta testing is that what it wants??

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Yup.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
All together, this is looking pretty cool. Love how easy it all is on the eye and a real pleasure to tour the forum boards to. Very, very impressed I am!

link   

whatnext21
ok not sure what happened there but i got logged out when

1. i went to check out the upload function and it asked me for user name and password, clicked out of it
2. tried to edit my post and password thing again and would not accept my password, was given a temp one for beta testing is that what it wants??

the password for testing was only for www.abovetopsecret.com and has nothing to do with your personal password for your login. Not sure what issue you are having but I would close your tabs and come back.

link   
Yeah, it's asking for the beta password also when trying to click to new pages in a thread for me too. Keeps reverting back to 53.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join