It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this new hotness here to stay this time?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

The owners have been more than accommodating with feedback, bugs, fixes, etc. Sites have to change. They HAVE to. I mean, do you think CNN always operated and looked like it does today? Facebook? or any fast paced website? Stop being an entitlement junkie and accept it.
You know you can change font size, the color, etc.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Holy hell do I hate this new setup....

How do you even star a post anymore?
edit on 5-9-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Meh. I prefer the last one for certain.

*ATTN fellow folks* The "moon" option for making the board darker, is much better than the white default layout!

This has almost a childlike format to it. Big fonts and buttons. I don't know. Maybe it's easier to use or something. I just liked the ambiance of the most recent one.

I do like how it shows which forums the posts come from. Maybe that was there before, but I never noticed it.

I will say that both this and the prior layouts kinda keep me from seeing the majority of posts. When you just see the hot topics, you kinda just stay with the hot topics and they get hotter of course. I think many posts get easily passed over this way.

*edit* I forgot to mention, we still don't have the ability to go directly to our posts from "myATS". That's a feature I've wanted for awhile. Hate having to dig through pages to find out where I posted to see that no one has read or commented on what I've written. It would be much better to be able to go to my post so that the letdown is quicker and I can get it over with.
edit on 5-9-2013 by gottaknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Hollie

Isn't it T&C to have a profile name etc, your avatar is showing as nothing, no name.

He's got his avatar, mini-profile background and text colour all set to #00000 so none of it is visible. Just highlight the area and it'll show up.

reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yeah, the users were involved, and we were thoroughly ignored. Go look at the last thread (which was closed under suspicious circumstances). Every complaint that's being voiced here was brought up there as well, and all SO did was belittle and alienate.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I reckon the new site UI is pretty average TBH. Fonts are too big, the colours are too light, the site just looks clunky as opposed to the old one.

The issue with the lack of user engagement could be solved if the way the forum operates were changed i.e. have an alternative view where the best comments with the most stars rise to the top as I don't really like going through 9 pages and then find a nugget of buried gold by a user.

Can there be an option to switch back to the old site? UX/UI plays suuuch a big roll in retaining people

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Geez some people just love to b@#ch and moan no matter the issue. Change is good...don't like it? ..I say too bad for you.

These type of people hate change and are the ones who complain when nothing changes..

The few who leave will be replaced by new members.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

I understand the need to evolve, but I do not see this as a step forward and by the looks of it many others think exactly the same.

I am far from an "entitlement junkie", I am nothing more than a concerned member who doesn't want to see what was a great site and still can be if these issues are resolved go down the pan, just like many other websites who got their "redesign" massively wrong.

Do not upset your membership ATS, because you'll find you'll have none left if it continues.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

You have never been able to star a post in Board Business & Questions. You should not have a problem in the regular forums. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I like the new look. I have been using this for few days already using 53 version, and it started grow on me.
It is a good step up from previous version for sure.

edit on 5-9-2013 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
Geez some people just love to b@#ch and moan no matter the issue. Change is good...don't like it? ..I say too bad for you.

These type of people hate change and are the ones who complain when nothing changes..

The few who leave will be replaced by new members.

Well, you've only been registered on here for a couple months so you really haven't gotten use to the old ways like some of the longer members have... So maybe its not a big deal to you, but to many others it makes no sense to just change something for the sake of changing...

I don't see Microsoft pulling a total 180 just for sh*ts and giggles

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
very nice!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

I understand the need to evolve, but this feels the opposite in my opinion.

And being just YOUR opinion, I fail to see how it's more important over the hundreds of ATS members who are actually loving the website.

The problem is that, most of the people complaining about the new ATS and defending the old style ATS, are the same people who were outraged during the last re-design.

And eventually, you guys turned out to love the hell out of the re-design and I dont' think this will be any different.

It's day one, and already people are jumping in the air and threatening to quite ATS, without bothering to give it a few days of use first.

That's the insulting part I would think for SO, that long standing members can't even give him the consideration of using the site for a few days before telling him he's a 14 year old web designer.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Do you all honestly think that your questions have not been answered?

Instead of slapping out a whinge why don't you go READ the threads on the beta-testing.

EVERY QUESTION HERE HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED MULTIPLE TIMES.

MULTIPLE TIMES!!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I like the new format. I like the big and bold. Good for my middle-aged eyes.

I could get used to the emoticons, but I wouldn't mind some improvement on those - I know it's being worked on.

Overall, I'd have to say - change is good!!!

link   
I honestly though that the "white" color scheme was a glitch, as it went away when I logged in. God help anybody who doesn't realise that you can change to a darker option, looking at that design for a sustained period WILL give you a headache and drive users away.

ATS you're making a huge mistake not making this new design optional.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

What happened to My Friends And Foes List in my Profile ? Sorry , but this New Format Stinks............

link   
I don't care what anyone else says, awesome job on the new site. Works amazingly from my Boost Mobile Kyocera Hydro. Takes about five seconds to load. Awesome, amazing job. Cudos.

The ONLY thing I would say is: add a 2nd static bar at the bottom with a 'Back to Top' and reply/new topic buttons; would make the site run a lot smoother.

All in all. I'd give it a solid 9.8 out of ten.

If y'all ever need ideas for adding more functionality let me know.

link   
Unsubscribing.

How annoying is it to be directed to a heavily complaint thread instead of a MOD answering very simple questions elsewhere?

VERY.

link   

Resentedhalo08
reply to post by Hollie

just like many other websites who got their "redesign" massively wrong.

Which websites? And myspace doesn't count. They changed the content all together.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by ShadowLink

I responded the way I did because you are the only user experiencing this issue. It's never been reporting in beta testing, nor has been an issue with anybody I know who has used the site.
~Tenth

edit on 9/5/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

PRECISELY why I made a thread about it!

It was never a problem on the old theme. I used to have over 20 ATS tabs open at a time.
When I refreshed the few tabs I had open today so they would take on the new theme I opened my task manager to see if the memory would go up cause I experienced a similar issue when the beta went live but thought nothing of it at the time.

Regardless of the issue, my problem isn't with your previous response so forgive my knee jerk reply of "really? impossible you say" as being angry.
elevatedone is the one who came off as being a douche for trying to infer that I had some ulterior motive for posting my issue and asking for help.

After posting I did some looking and there is some issue with the latest Opera and flash and a potential memory leak, or at least excessive memory usage. Perhaps I am just going to have to limit my open tabs until the next update and see what happens.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join