It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Flight 2024

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hey all,

I had previously posted as Triton1128. Been on these forums a while, but apparently some accounts were compromised? I can no longer log into my original account. But its all good. I created a new account which ties in with my YouTube channel.

Managed to get out and in the air yesterday. This is around my property and adjoining field. This is one of my "race drones" which tops out around 90mph.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, enjoy the ride

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrithFPV

how come you never show your drone climsily crashing into the side of a house or something.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I try really, really, really, hard not to crash!

Fun fact: the video usually gets corrupted when you crash these things going 90+ mph.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   

LOL, you seem to drive like a pro, and I am just projecting my own skills on you. I get confused as soon as the orientation changes. I can crash like a pro. I got skilz.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Well I appreciate that!

I'm very familiar with my property so it gives me a little confidence I may not have if I were flying somewhere "new". This is my 7th year building/flying drones. Those first couples years, I was not sharing any video!! lol

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I'm legit in the middle of the bush right now using my starlink in my truck to be on ATS while my drone is up 100m AGL doing a drone survey lol.
I creat a flight plan off Google Earth, connect my Trimble r12i to broadcast RTK and connect my mav. Then I'll pull the imagery and my Aeropoint. (Essentially a a high precision
GPS pad that has a target on it, that sits on the ground in the flight path of the drone for ground control. ) And create a 3D model using Photogrammetry.
Standing 3.5 hrs away from any civilization or phone tower. Listening to an audio book, flying my drone all the while watching ur drone flight lol
ETA: Pics or it didn't happen

edit on 30-4-2024 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2024 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

That's awesome. Our GIS dept. at work has a DJI Matrice with the 10k optic package for FlIR monitoring. (can find leaks and such on roofs or missing persons if needed) We use ArcGIS pro and Cloud Point for creating survey maps or rooms scans. Its pretty cool.

Its also awesome that my video was playing in the middle of nowhere all while coming down from space!

edit on 4 30 2024 by TrithFPV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrithFPV
Hey all,

I had previously posted as Triton1128. Been on these forums a while, but apparently some accounts were compromised? I can no longer log into my original account. But its all good. I created a new account which ties in with my YouTube channel.

Managed to get out and in the air yesterday. This is around my property and adjoining field. This is one of my "race drones" which tops out around 90mph.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, enjoy the ride

Nice video and the flow is relaxing.
I suppose it comes from the drone.
90mph is quite fast.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Well I appreciate that!

I'm very familiar with my property so it gives me a little confidence I may not have if I were flying somewhere "new". This is my 7th year building/flying drones. Those first couples years, I was not sharing any video!! lol

Do you really build drones?!

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Prometheus4

The video you just watched was built by me. Sourced all the parts separately. Flashed the flight controller, configured and spent hours PID tuning. Its an awesome hobby. I currently have 7 drones flight ready. From small ones spinning 2.5" props. All the way up to my GPS powered long range drone that spins 7" props.

The one in the video above is here >

Just doesn't have the props on. I had just got done building it!

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I love the Matrices. My favorite work drone to fly.
Sounds like you guys are using the H20T thermal sensor.
I use that as well for water leak detection on the outside toe of tailings ponds. The matrice is easily one of the best work horses for any weather!

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The video you just watched was built by me. Sourced all the parts separately. Flashed the flight controller, configured and spent hours PID tuning. Its an awesome hobby. I currently have 7 drones flight ready. From small ones spinning 2.5" props. All the way up to my GPS powered long range drone that spins 7" props.

The one in the video above is here >

Just doesn't have the props on. I had just got done building it!

Well done for your skills and I thought it was really cool to build your own drone and fly it at this speed. Can it go faster? I was always wondering how fast drones can travel and what range can achieve.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Awesome. Beautiful piece of land. Makes me want to get into making drones. Definitely a great hobby. 👏
edit on Tue, 30 Apr 2024 14:53:41 -0500pm43020240400000041America/ChicagoTue, 30 Apr 2024 14:53:41 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Dude, your flying was, is and will always be awesome.

Thanks for posting again and getting back here.

ps...get yourself over to Deny Ignorance.com. We'd love to take flight with you there too.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Dude, your flying was, is and will always be awesome.

Thanks for posting again and getting back here.

ps...get yourself over to Deny Ignorance.com. We'd love to take flight with you there too.

I am impressed, I don't know of anyone who designs and flies their own drones.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   

We have switched to drones for finding locations initially, then check them out and do the paper work in person.
The drone cameras are so good [4k+] we often use some of the drone footage as B roll and even as footage for the project; Incredible image quality and stabilization where we sometimes forgo dolly's and or Steadicams and just shoot handheld holding the drone. Drones are the largest time savers when shooting in janky locations like on or over swamps, seashores, in traffic, auditoriums; you get the idea. Now the indy world can compete with the larger production corps.

edit on 30-4-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

Thank you! I appreciate that

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I will def check it out 👍 Thank you

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Look up FPV drones. Its picking up steam. Just requires a lot of time to enjoy. Patience is a must as well. Not only learning how to fly. But how to repair when you crash! Its inevitable. 😄

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   

AS for the speed. I have to keep it legal. The FAA limits my drones to 99mph or less. To be "compliant", I limit my motor outputs to keep the "top" end under 100mph.

My big build which spins 7" Tri-blades - recorded a top speed of 127mph one day ripping over the field. That was just a quick blip on the throttle to see what I was working with. They move!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join