It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we turn on the water fountains, America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hey, America, can we turn on the drinking fountains again?

I just want a drink of water man.

From Walmart to your local park water fountains were cut off during COVID.... But they were never turned back on. Are water fountains dangerous ? Is COVID clinging to these devices ?

Wake up America. For a while they banned your face. Well, we got the right to show our faces in public again, we even got back the right to get together hold hands and sing koombiah, but we still cant have a dink of water.

I go to the park. It's hot. I need a drink of water. There are water fountains all over the place, but not a drop to drink.

I feel like the guy in suicidal tendencies singing about how he just wants a Pepsi.

Only it's just a sip of water.

This country is really getting my goat.

🥤

edit on 5300808America/Chicagoam30 by 5thHead because: I'm thirsty

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

My college still has the drinking fountains turned off.

It's ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You will have to plead your case to Nestle.

Nothing is free anymore.

Covid was just the good excuse to get rid of free water.

(but you can go into a restroom, and use your hand as a cup at the sink, if your desperate)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You seek the ruin of the bottled water manufacturers? What's wrong with you? And water from water fountains isn't "free"; the infrastructure cost someone, somewhere, a lot of money to install and maintain, much less supply the water!

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

(but you can go into a restroom, and use your hand as a cup at the sink, if your desperate)

This is what we have been reduced to America.

Nevermind that most of the public restrooms have been closed and replaced with porta-pottys. (No running water) You'd be lucky to drink water from a broken fire hydrant like a crack head.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The problem with water fountains is that they don't quite give you enough microplastics and hormone dusruting chemicals.
For a healthy dose of both,you need to buy water from giant corporations in toxic plastic bottles.
Every day.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The plandemic was the excuse 'they' needed to cut of water permanately to water fountains.
Same with other things that have dissapeared since the plandemic and won't return : free small cup of coffee at Trader Joe's when shopping.
I think more is lost since the plandemic, I still feel an overal feeling of emptiness that's stronger since then. I was depressed before, but the plandemic brought it to another level.
For me , things will never return to where they were.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I used to do that all the time when I was a kid.

Or just stick my head in the sink sideways and drink straight from the faucet.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
I still do it, at home.

And NO colder water, than drinking right from the hose! (if you have a well)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Just today I was watching hydraulics of the Incas. Water flowing everywhere, diverted, averted....no real cost ( just cleaning)... Amazing knowledge in the Andes.

*N if my parents knew we PAY for water n air for our car tires...!

Turn on the Fountains!

We just rebuilt ours downtown in the D
edit on 04242630America/ChicagoTue, 30 Apr 2024 13:53:26 -050053202400000026 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

I would much rather drink distilled water than drink the chemical filled nasty city water from just about anywhere...
edit on 30-4-2024 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 07:46 AM
link   
??????????? I'm from the UK and I thought that all Americans drank bottled water as the tap water, oooppps sorry, the faucet water was undrinkable.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Some places have bad water some places have good water. A lot of times water will taste bad but its fine to drink and thats why people use bottled water. Flint had the big lead crisis in their water. I have a whole house water filter thing so my water tastes pretty good. Worth it if you plan to have a property for awhile and like nice tap water. I have to pay the water bill anyway, why would I want to spend even more on top of that on bottled water.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   
There were a lot of sacrifices made in this country to assure the right of everyone to use the water fountains. I guess that was all for nothing.

We are turning into Venezuela people. Pretty soon we'll be eating animals out of our local zoos.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
nypost.com...

A protester at Columbia University, after her pro-terror cadre broke into and occupied the school’s Hamilton Hall on Tuesday, actually, literally said to the press: “Like, could people please have a glass of water?”

She's arguing it's a basic human right. She says it's criminal to not give us water. And she doesn't just want the water fountains turned on she wants it delivered in a cup !

www.yahoo.com...

Johannah King-Slutzky, a PhD student in English and comparative literature, warned that students illegally occupying university property could “die of dehydration and starvation” if they were not given supplies.

“Like, could people please have a glass of water?’’

edit on 5310113America/Chicagopm01 by 5thHead because: I just want a sip of water man

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: onestonemonkey
The problem with water fountains is that they don't quite give you enough microplastics and hormone dusruting chemicals.
For a healthy dose of both,you need to buy water from giant corporations in toxic plastic bottles.
Every day.

Mmmmmmmmm, plastic water !

But I also love fluoridated water.

What to do ?

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Where the hell is everyone living that public water fountains are turned off?

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I usually just take my stainless steel coffee mug into a gas station and ask if I can get a refill of ice water.

I don't know what the laws are where ya'll live, but down South it's illegal to charge someone for ice water.

It clear, it's crisp, it's filtered and it's glorious.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yeah , I to am Tired of Drinking Microplastics out of a Bottle . This Sounds like a Conspiracy to me ...........

new topics

top topics

join