It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Hungry Anymore

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

It is really strange you made this thread, I was thinking about creating one that was very similar. I can go days lately without eating, and like yourself find myself eating small amounts of food just to stay alive, it's wierd, as I have always enjoyed eating.

I don't know if it's "stress", concern over all the "crap" put in our food, but it's very strange and out of the "norm" for me.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
very odd i thought it was only me ?

im only eating cause i know i have to so i can survive but honestly sometimes i dont even get hungry and more ?

are our bodies changing ? maybe evolution of some sort...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
OHHH YEA i'll tell u this too i smoke some of that herb actually a lot and i dont even get the munchies as much anymore very odd ? btw also whn i wake up i dont eat untill 3 hours later or 4

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Same thing started with me a few months back also. Loss of appetite and an increase in taste sensitivity. Even before that I got to the point where I would not eat hardly anything sweet. I wanted to eliminate it out of my diet and consciously thought about how the body does not need sugar cane. Eventually my cravings were gone and if I did eat something sweet it would taste bad or bland.
Eating out at restaurants and very rarely fast food has become comical in a way. Things I used to like now taste like a mouth full of chemicals and mush. Of all the burger places out there it dwindled down to Sonic. I used to like the plain ol' burger but not any more. Like I said I can taste stuff in it that I find unpleasant. Not many places are left that I will pay money for their food. Chips and salsa from a few local Mexican places and that is about it. When I do get hungry, it is usually for a salad or soup.
As for the amount of food I eat has dropped off significantly. Was already down to one "real' meal towards the end of the day and possibly something small for lunch. Many days I go all day without eating. Hunger is just not on my mind. If I did not have a family with their eating habits I bet I would even eat less.
A month ago I went 6 days without eating. I felt fine and would have gone longer but I was the BBQ cook for a party and I love my cooking so I ate on that 7th day.
Since the beginning of the year when I stated eating less and only eating food I can stand, I have lost about 20lbs.
Interesting to hear other people are going through the same thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think that our bodies are refusing to ingest GMO crap; therefore we are experiencing a lack of appetite. I was always hungry but never wanted to eat anything. I found that essentially I was not in balance. Try lifting weights with a bit of light cardio. Maybe 30 min of lifting and 15 min of light cardio a day, also find a supplement that works for you. I prefer Raw Meal from Garden of Life its vegan, organic and has no synthetic anything. This should balance you out. Cut out all the bad stuff. In addition, (not necessarily in your case) emotional issues/imbalances can also affect appetite. Introspection is very healthy. Once your body is getting the vitamins and trace elements it needs you will notice a huge difference - promise. Good Luck All & God Bless!

edit on 29-6-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I relate to your post, I fought it at first.

I eat once a day at most and snack. .thats the best days lol.

Sometimes go a week.

Be carefull to keep supplying your body the correct nutrients one way or the other, youll feel whats right.

When I refused to see it I was diagnosed for chrohn's so now I listen to the inner voice in this.

But it might be a caution to the future for others and a why as well, for me it is a path to health. . . for you . . for your sake be always sure.

Major changes are often spiritual but they can be physical in root as well.

I wish you the best only.

Peace, cheers!
edit on 29-6-2012 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
what is this, i need my tin foil hat to keep people from reading my mind or what?

ive been feeling the same way as well. for me it seems to come and go. some weeks i will be really hungry and others i will just eat a small lunch at work and maybe a snack befor i hit the sack. heck i go to the store to get stuff for dinner and i leave with almost nothing cus it all did noit sound good. it is weird seeing other people have been feeling the same way.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Same here!!!

Just can't figure it out myself. My roommate and I are both experiencing the same thing. Everyone I talk to tells me it's just the heat. I'm like dude this has been happening a bit before. Not quite sure but thought I'd weigh my thoughts in...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Everyone here who has weighed in (no pun intended) got a star from me for all the great hep and suggestions!!

I am certainly glad that I am not alone in feeling like this, and am also very glad some simple solutions were offered that I am going to try. This is yet another reason to love ATS! I am currently looking into the ascension theory as well. Very interesting topic that I had never thought much on until now.

Maybe we are all experiencing this for some reason in particular. I suppose only time will tell. Until then, I guess we will try some different things to see if anything pans out. If I find ANY relief with these suggestions I will most certainly come back to this thread and let you all know about it so you can try it if you would like to.

Thank you! And if anyone else finds something that works...you come back too!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think anyone that doesn't feel like eating should pack up their food and send it to africa, there are plenty of children there that would eat your garbage. quit your crying and be thankful. do u have a roof? do u have clothes? who cares why u dont want to eat. but if it is medical, hope u have health care, plenty of those people too. however, if the food taste weird to u it may be diabetic in nature, are your eyes going bad too? i just think it sucks that we have children that cannot even feed themselves, adults too, but especially children.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

It's pretty common to eat less as it warms up in the summer.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have been feeling the same as the OP for months now. I feel like i am only eating to survive, and i rarely find something i enjoy anymore.

also i have to remind myself to stay hydrated, because i am feeling thirsty less and less.

I think my body wants to reject all of the additives and general crap that is pumped into most foods.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I havent ate much for the past few months either. mostly cause of poverty but now im cautious about all the food. i eat healthy, quit drinking pop and eating candy etc. now i eat mostly real food that grows from the ground.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp1r1tu4l33
I think anyone that doesn't feel like eating should pack up their food and send it to africa, there are plenty of children there that would eat your garbage. quit your crying and be thankful. do u have a roof? do u have clothes? who cares why u dont want to eat. but if it is medical, hope u have health care, plenty of those people too. however, if the food taste weird to u it may be diabetic in nature, are your eyes going bad too? i just think it sucks that we have children that cannot even feed themselves, adults too, but especially children.

I actually see your point, and I have thought about this as well, oh "poor" me, I don't want to eat, when I can, and my dogs are getting fat from eating all the food I prepare and just can't eat, it's sick....I Love my dogs, but seeing them get fat while kids are starving is "crazy".....unfortunately I can not send perishable food to Africa...and I did participate in a food drive a few months back and donated alot of canned goods.....

I think this thread is more about, "Why" people are losing thier desire to eat? In my case I do not think it is any "health" issue, although I couldn't say for sure....I have eaten half a sandwich, 2 glasses of milk and an orange in the last two days, and that is not normal for me...and "something" feels very wrong.....and seems others are having this issue as well?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
My husband and I are experiencing the same exact thing, we eat maybe once or twice a day and really just don't feel like eating. I'm tiny too and could really eat for my size but now I can't seem to stomach anything. We both have nausea, headaches, and quite a few other ailments. My parents don't really eat either, we aren't starving to death, but I do wish I could just have a darn appetite again and maybe gain a good ten pounds.
One day we'll get some answers.
Prayers and love to you in Jesus name

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

WOW!

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?!

I joke around a lot on this site but this is some serious creepy stuff!

I would say around December of last year I experienced this loss of appetite. I had a rough winter though I just had this horrible cough that I couldn't cure. I feel like I was sick, well not really sick mostly just a cough, all winter. So I didn't think too much about not having an appetite.

Then in early spring I developed this insatiable craving for produce. Nothing really specific just as long as it was fresh. Anything processed just turned my stomach. Meat well I could take it or leave it. I joked with my girlfriend that I'm becoming a vegetarian. It wasn't quite like that but my diet just radically changed for no reason.

I've lost at least 20 lbs. without trying. I'm on the last notch on my belt and before this began I was on the last notch on the big end. I can't afford to lose much more weight!

I eat maybe twice a day and like a lot of you have said it's more for survival than because I'm hungry. I don't know what is going on but it's nice to know I have company.

edit on 30-6-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast
OHHH YEA i'll tell u this too i smoke some of that herb actually a lot and i dont even get the munchies as much anymore very odd ? btw also whn i wake up i dont eat untill 3 hours later or 4

Would never have guessed by your avatar.

They are so going to sensor you. But until they do I have to say me too. In fact it seems to kill my appetite even more.

peace.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wow! I feel the same way too as of late. I'll eat to sate my hunger, but it's been less than usual, and higher quality food. Like, maybe to last all day, I'll just have a grass fed steak, a carton of blueberries, a few peaches, two tomatoes and a small bowl of roasted potatoes. This is coming from a person who could destroy a buffet at lunch and still eat what I just typed before for dinner and want desert after. I can't even imagine eating anything sugary these days, it just turns me off. Wonder what's up? I figured they are just doctoring with the food too much and our bodies are compensating. Just a thought.
edit on 30-6-2012 by HoppedUp because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2012 by HoppedUp because: error

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I don't get hungry much anymore either, actually I've been like this for a while now even though I ate like a rabid wolverine when I was younger. I've found that as I grow older there are certain times when I can't eat or my stomach gets upset, I can't eat after strenuous work or anything that would be considered an emotional moment for whatever reason or emotion. I also don't really like eating around other people, I guess I've gotten a bit nitpicky lately.

One thing I definitely can't eat anymore is fast food, I have to be pretty drunk to down one of those cheeseburgers now. I don't get all that drunk anymore either so I eat fast food maybe two or three times a year, if that. This year I haven't ate any of it and honestly I don't want to. Not because I think it's bad (though it probably is), just because I've lost my taste for that stuff.

I have trouble eating anytime before evening, occasionally I'll scarf down a good breakfast though. Other than that though I don't usually get hungry until it's near nighttime. I've always been a southern boy so I've downed a whole lot of red meat in my time and I still eat a whole lot more than I probably should, lately I've been enjoying fruits a lot like oranges, nectarines and grapes. I'm starting to crave more "hydrous" foods if you could call it that, stuff with more juices like fruits and vegetables.

I've been trying to eat stuff that comes from around this local area, that people around here have grown. I got to say, I think it's having a good effect on my health. Maybe I forgot how good it feels to bite into a tomato that's fresh off the vine. It helps that there is a farmers market right down from my place, I don't think I would have it any other way now.

I still eat a LOT of fried chicken though, I love me some chicken. Overall I've became a lot more reserved and sparse in my eating though just as you say, maybe it just happens with age?

Another thing... you get more hungry if you exercise and work more so there might have been a change in your lifestyle that could possibly have affected your appetite?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Something just popped into my head, and perhaps it's relevant to "listening to our bodies, when I was pregnant, my body absolutely "craved" fruits and veggies the first 3 months, after that I really "craved" red meat, and at the end "craved" carbs...the smell of fast food made me sick. This was 21 years ago, and I had no knowledge of GM foods, etc. then.

My body is "telling" me something...and I'm not pregnant.....so I agree WTF? I do believe it is connected with my brain somehow. My sister came over and brought me a 6" subway sandwich, and I only managed to eat half, mostly cause I didn't want to worry or insult her, and I always have enjoyed "breaking" bread with family and friends. I lied to her and told her I had already eaten earlier, and this was at 2 in the afternoon, I had been up since 5am.

Just really strange

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join