It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hurricane katrina poice state?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i was searching for clips to use for a post i made on hurricane katrina and i found this piece of insaity

it basicly talks about how the govorment stole pepoles guns and still has not given them back the next thing i found

is anouther example of the govoment stealing guns

this is even worse

and know to drive home my point heres a clip of poice brutaty exposed

mayby this is just me but do you guys think that katrina was an expariment to see how pepole woud react to a poice state and how far they coud get with it? thats just my idea but its possible

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
yup it was. It was also HAARP induced

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I personally think the government/PTB are always testing the waters so they can constantly adjust to meet their final solution. I think that the legislation, and social conditioning that has been going on in the last 5 years proves that they not going to be able to be as up front with exercising their power over people. Expect to see even more development and fielding of less-than-lethal stand-off weapons, surveillance and social programing.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
These videos are completely false. New Orleanian here.There was never, at any time, "martial law" during Katrina. Although Bush and Blanco bickered constantly, Blanco retained full control of the National Guard, as governors have during natural disasters since the late 19th century.
Due to the fact that Louisiana's 256th Infantry Brigade was in Iraq, the state ended up shorthanded with guard troops after the poo hit the fan. Other States' Guard units had to be called in to help. Law enforcement from other states as well as some federal agencies helped with Search and Rescue. 1 unit from another state confiscated guns in 1 small area before being reprimanded. In other parts of New Orleans, neighborhood groups were allowed to use armed force to protect their area, sometimes a little too zealously.
1 regular Army unit came in as a PR stunt for GW Bush. They were not allowed to engage in law enforcement or use a weapon against civilians.
Lots of bad things happened during Katrina, but "Martial Law" was not one of them. Other than 1 very small, limited incident, there was no gun confiscation, either.
Please vet your sources with credible backup.
Thank you.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

You are correct that martial law was not declared by the governor or the president. However, you need to check your facts as there were more than one incident of guns confiscated.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

You are correct that martial law was not declared by the governor or the president. However, you need to check your facts as there were more than one incident of guns confiscated.

Certainly not in a systematic house to house manner. There are cases of individuals walking around drunk and threatening people who got their guns taken away. No doubt they whined about it after. In those cases, the neighbors usually appreciated the confiscation. I know many NG members who served in Katrina. The VERY last thing on their mind and their mission was going around trying to disarm law abiding citizens.
Did isolated incidents of police and authority abuse occur? Obviously they did, as the Danziger Bridge incident and the car/body burning incidents prove (both NOPD). But there was certainly no organized, systematic, or planned gun confiscation. There is no evidence of it whatsoever. From any credible source, official or otherwise.

I do not engage in pushing official stories or defending the government, but when I hear ludicrous fantasies like this getting passed around, I have to deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Most of the gun confiscations were by federal agents, marshals or other law enforcement types, not by military. It may not have been a written policy, as I have not looked into that aspect, but it was a common practice by such officials to take guns from anyone they came across. If they came to your home to warn you and they noticed a weapon, they would take it. If you were going from one place to another by boat, and they saw you carrying a gun for your own protection, they took it. It wasn't just people looting or committing crimes.

Many who have had their weapons confiscated, have yet to have them returned.

Just like we can have war today without an official declaration of war, we can have martial law without an official declaration of it if the conditions are right. If you were to take an incident like Katrina, and subtract the ability to communicate and obtain information like we have with tv, radio and internet, you would see essentially martial law.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Most of the gun confiscations were by federal agents, marshals or other law enforcement types, not by military. It may not have been a written policy, as I have not looked into that aspect, but it was a common practice by such officials to take guns from anyone they came across. If they came to your home to warn you and they noticed a weapon, they would take it. If you were going from one place to another by boat, and they saw you carrying a gun for your own protection, they took it. It wasn't just people looting or committing crimes.

Many who have had their weapons confiscated, have yet to have them returned.

Just like we can have war today without an official declaration of war, we can have martial law without an official declaration of it if the conditions are right. If you were to take an incident like Katrina, and subtract the ability to communicate and obtain information like we have with tv, radio and internet, you would see essentially martial law.

What federal entities were these and can I please have a source?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

On September 8, 2008, Guidos and friends decided to leave New Orleans. Things had quieted down with the arrival of federal troops, but heat and humidity stayed high. So, since there was no power restored yet to her building, she decided it would be safe to lock the bar and head to Mississippi. While loading the van in front of the bar, she carried her Browning 12-gauge semi-automatic shotgun and wore a .38 in her belt. Five U.S. Marshals came driving down St. Claude and stopped half a block away from the pub. They got out of their vehicle and came running toward Guidos and crew with M-16s, yelling “Put the guns down!” Guidos said, “They went right after me. They said to put my hands on the car and then, asked if I had any other guns.” She gave them her other guns and asked for a receipt. They never showed any ID, and they never gave her a receipt.

Source

It seems that in this article, the 2008 date is a typo that meant to read 2005. This story can be found in numerous sites.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Again, 1 incident. Of course there were isolated instances of these things happening. But what there was not was any sort of policy to do so. This was an individual decision by a small group of Marshalls abusing power.
I came back in less than a week after the storm openly carrying a shotgun. Passed several cops, black SUVs with blue lights, NG, and others without being bothered once. And everyone else was armed too.
Taking one story from an extremely chaotic, confused, and widespread situation and extrapolating from it that it was the norm is not a rational response.
When it came to lack of communication and overall lack of policy, readiness, and planning, government entities won the prize. If Katrina showed anything, it was that at that point in time, government had absolutely no plans whatsoever to restore order and lacked the preparation and necessary tools to handle the situation.

top topics

join