It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF aliens exist.......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Millions

Just going to respond off the top of my head...

1) Not sure if we should assume any beings would be Omnipotent. If they can get here then they are technologically advanced, but not necessarily be advanced 'humanitarians'.

And perhaps we should consider a possibility of there being more than one type of race visiting here for a variety of reasons?

2) They might use camouflage for all we know. And, no one believes anyone who see lights in the sky.. even if they have video. It's always been that way.. no one believes you if you had a sighting, contact, or more.

3) We humans to weird things to animals in our research. I don't think it would be any different for scientific alien types to conduct various experiments on Earth's animals, including humans.

4) We humans make millions of cars each year with more and more advance technologies in them, and yet we still crash through driver eroor, and technological/mechanical error. So I see no reason why we should expect any alien tech to not have technical issues from time to time.

5) If aliens were trying to wake people up to their responsiblity to the world that supports our life, then I think they would do just as reported by contactees.. knowing that it is Human kind's choices that make or break a chance of a decent future.

So, we would learn nothing of importance if an alien race rescued us from ourselves.

The channeled alien stuff is in most cases bunkum from people who Believe they are channeling and yet do not display the energetic indicators around them that proves they are alowing a 'higher being' to use their body.

6) Maybe it takes time to slowly modify an entire environment enough for your own race to be able to live on the world? We shouldn't assume they are air-breathing lifeforms when they could be anything else.

Good plans always take the time needed to insure they work to perfection... and the details of it's workings always depends on what your agenda is.

7) Perhaps it isn't "Dictating Terms" so much as playing out a useful role in some agenda withouth knowing the end game plan?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ObvTruth

ObvTruth wrote : 'Intervention makes the most sense in the fact that no one not even Charles Darwin could possibly explain the gaps in our Evolution. Thats where Alien Intervention makes sense.'

In what sense? Can you give an example?
edit on 10-7-2011 by Millions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Like i said. They are most interested in other life. Look how we look at animals. We know just about every land species of life that exists now or has existed in the past in only a short amount of time studying them. Why would you think other Civilizations wouldnt be at least curious about life on other worlds?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObvTruth

Well thats your view. Intervention makes the most sense in the fact that no one not even Charles Darwin could possibly explain the gaps in our Evolution. Thats where Alien Intervention makes sense.

Lots of organisms don't fossilize well and the environmental conditions for forming good fossils are not that common.

Link

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Come on, Obv Truth - let's hear about these gaps in evolution that can only be explained by alien intervention.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Lets look at it in this way Gentlemen. Homo Sapiens have only been around for 300,000 years but Evolution of the Brain should of tooken way longer than it did. We went from being in caves 12,000 years ago then in only couple of Milena we are building massive buildings, making civilizations and such. Thats impossible to grow so much in intelligence in such a short amount of time. The only way possible is that these ET's boosted our genes and sped up Evolution there is no way we could grow that fast in 300,000 years it should be taking millions of years to be where we are at now.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I think they are us. If we did manage to develop time travel where would be the safest place to materialize in the air. No risk of ending up in a building or on the train tracks. You would not want to let anyone know because you might screw up the future. Cow mutilations and abductions could be like 12 Monkeys just gathering info. They do not care what happen to us because what ever it is their time line depends on it happening. Just a theory.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Its a nice idea, ObvTruth - I'd actually love it if that was true. Its like the old Fox Mulder saying 'I want to believe.' And in fact, I do believe. But I don't believe that. If you had studied psychology like I had, you'd know that what you say about the brain simply isn't true. There are quite a few arguments you read regularly here about the evolutionary gaps needing to be explained by UFOs, but they are really just misunderstandings of how evolution operates. I know that comes across as being really patronising, and my apologies for that - I wasn't sure how else to put it.

I'm more inclined to believe your earlier post - that they're mostly here just to study and observe, but not to intervene in any way. I think that explanation makes a lot more sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
So you see Gentlemen Alien Intervention is something you cannot try to fight or Debunk because the numbers dont lie, the only way we could possibly have such a burst is from ET's. Nothing else. This is not fantasy it is the Truth, one truth that is Inevitable.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

A big brain is advantageous. Natural selection.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Try to explain how it is possible to grow so much in intelligence in only 300,000 years. Have fun trying to Debunk this. As you never will. That is why you didn't try in your response. Am I correct.

link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
I think they are us. If we did manage to develop time travel where would be the safest place to materialize in the air. No risk of ending up in a building or on the train tracks.
:

I never thought of that before. Haha - so it was just some poor sucker from the future's luck to materialise over Rosswell just as some plane happened to be flying over there, causing them both to crash??? If that was true, what were the chances, hehe?

link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

That takes millions of years. Some how for us it only took less than 300,000. Thats impossible. Unless there was ET Intervention.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Mutation rates. Variability between lineages.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObvTruth

Try to explain how it is possible to grow so much in intelligence in only 300,000 years. Have fun trying to Debunk this. As you never will. That is why you didn't try in your response. Am I correct.

Well, that's a whole other argument, and I don't want to stray too far off topic, but your premise that 'Evolution of the Brain should of tooken way longer than it did' is a bit overly-simplified. Imagine you could travel back in time 100 years and bring a child from there into the present. And send them to school, give them a normal upbringing, etc. Would they cope? Would they be held back by their unevolved brain? No, of course not. What about 500 years? Again, no - of course not. 2000 years? Again - no way.

You are confusing evolution of the brain with evolution of our science and technology. Yes - we have evolved as humans. But like the poster above said - this is basic natural selection. A more highly developed brain gives us a bigger chance of surviving, prospering and reproducing. Simple. There's no mysterious 'gap' as you claim. The idea is just ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Also, why are humans & apes so genetically similar?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

1. They know our bodies are temporary and transitory, we do not all know that yet so why keep feeding the lie that this body is all we are.

2. They do not care that much.( do you care if your cat sees you doing the deed with your significant other? Do you even notice the cat sitting there 5 ft away looking? or do you got better things to do?)

3. This is done to test our food supply for possible contamination from above and under ground nuclear testing, soft tissue is the best for this testing.

4. We do not know all the factor that could interfere with there tech and what if roswell did not happen and was just a stupid ballon and was used to cover up something else real around the time.

5. FreeWill see #6

6. FreeWill see #5

7. FreeWill see #'s 5,6, and 7.

The last 3 are the same question.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld

Also, why are humans & apes so genetically similar?

These malevolent E.T races have created apes and they put them here on Earth to create a distraction for future human civilizations like the modern humans we are today. They distract us by giving us a debate, debating with each other whether we evolved from chimpanzees or something else helped us evolved. Sounds crazy, but It's the most plausible scenario out there.
edit on 10-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

I hope you're being sarcastic!
Dig your Avatar, BTW.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

I hope you're being sarcastic!
Dig your Avatar, BTW.

You think these highly advanced races can't outsmart us!? Thats insane!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join